Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Death to traitors!

GimpyPorcupine
GimpyPorcupine
✭✭✭✭✭
Unfortunately, the forum rule against naming-and-shaming exists.

Last night, a small group of us (4) hopped on our Nightblades with the intent of harassing the enemy, getting a feel for the new patch, and introducing a new player to Cyrodiil. We were having fun going against a group of very competent AD players of about equal numbers, until someone from our alliance showed up and started leading the ADs to us while we were in stealth.

I get that "all's fair" in warfare, but IRL the guy would have been hanged/shot for treason if he weren't fragged in the field.

That got me thinking that maybe Cyrodiil should be changed so that standard stealth rules also apply to members of your own alliance that are not in your group. It would be a relatively simple way to stop this type of cheating without the need to report players for doing it.

Thoughts?

8-hr/day casual gamer on Xbox NA. 20 Characters, all DC, all Level 50. +2200CP
  • Blinkin8r
    Blinkin8r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah
    II Blinkin II
    Xbox 1 NA
    "A man without the sauce is lost, but the same man can become lost in the sauce."
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Impossible. Faction locks ended all trolling.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Last night, a small group of us (4) hopped on our Nightblades with the intent of harassing the enemy, getting a feel for the new patch, and introducing a new player to Cyrodiil. We were having fun going against a group of very competent AD players of about equal numbers, until someone from our alliance showed up and started leading the ADs to us while we were in stealth.

I get that "all's fair" in warfare, but IRL the guy would have been hanged/shot for treason if he weren't fragged in the field.

That got me thinking that maybe Cyrodiil should be changed so that standard stealth rules also apply to members of your own alliance that are not in your group. It would be a relatively simple way to stop this type of cheating without the need to report players for doing it.

Thoughts?

Get a friend on AD, get him on discord, then gank their scout while they stand around helpless.
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's always some gimp who feels the need to suck off the other faction to get brown-nose points :)
  • KingExecration
    KingExecration
    ✭✭✭✭
    dtsharples wrote: »
    There's always some gimp who feels the need to suck off the other faction to get brown-nose points :)

I’m always grateful when another faction guildie points me in the directions of a hiding weenie. I for one don’t feel like walking keep to keep being stuck in combat. I’d rather ride my reskinned mount but to each their own ig.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    LOLthis story is a fantasy, faction lock stops these shananigans.
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m always grateful when another faction guildie GIMP points me in the directions of a hiding weenie. I for one don’t feel like walking keep to keep being stuck in combat. I’d rather ride my reskinned mount but to each their own ig.

Don't forget to give that gimp a lil treat, maybe slip him a sausage ;)
    If you need to rely on subterfuge to survive in cyrodiil you should probably stick to pve.
  • Hashtag_
    Hashtag_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah no way this happens anymore with faction lock. I’m going to call BS.
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sometimes your cheese gets outcheesed, respawn try again.
  • KingExecration
    KingExecration
    ✭✭✭✭
    dtsharples wrote: »
    I’m always grateful when another faction guildie GIMP points me in the directions of a hiding weenie. I for one don’t feel like walking keep to keep being stuck in combat. I’d rather ride my reskinned mount but to each their own ig.

Don't forget to give that gimp a lil treat, maybe slip him a sausage ;)
    If you need to rely on subterfuge to survive in cyrodiil you should probably stick to pve.

Hilarious. Glad I don’t crouch walk everywhere I go in Cyro. Whatever helps you sleep at night tho. If you see me in Cyrodiil please show me your skills and how I belong in “pve.” Until then I’ll be stuck in combat because somebody is afraid of a 1v1.
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spies? In a faction locked campaign? No! That's impossible.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like the spy didn't get the memo and didn't swap alliance when the campaign ended. Now he is stuck for a month.
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭

• BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absurd this isn’t even possible with faction locks. Now we are all jolly good fellows who sit around camp fires and exchange war stories.
    Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
  • KillsAllElves
    KillsAllElves
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thoughts?

Its a video game, albeit a very lop sided video game none the less its just a game. "Loyalty" is irrelevant. AVA colors mean nothing.

Calling some one a spy reminds me of when a player gets killed by 2 people and then says he got zerged down.

[Edit to remove real-world politics]
    Edited by [Deleted User] on August 31, 2019 6:35PM
  • josh.lackey_ESO
    josh.lackey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe don't play with the explicit intent of harassment.

Some people who play this game actually have a little bit of sportsmanship. The players on other factions aren't actually your enemy, they are just regular people playing on a different team.

Even to make a parallel about shooting or hanging someone... just because they interrupted your trolling/griefing session?

Yikes.
  • bakermir
    bakermir
    ✭✭✭
    What do you mean there are spies?

FACTION LOCK fixed it all :trollface:
    EU PC SOTHA SIL/BAHLOKDAAN
    • DC * imperial stamdk/emperor magdk * twitch-bakermir
    • DC * breton magsorc * twitch bakermir
    • DC * orcerer * Tyro Tyro Tyro Tyro
    • DC * altmer bomblade * Brings-you-democracy

<REMOVE FACTION LOCK>
  • winged_tortoise
    It’s like stealing signs in baseball, it really pisses people off and yet is as old as the game and is a part of it.
    Edited by winged_tortoise on August 31, 2019 5:27AM
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think traitors need a good spanking and no dessert after dinner.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Tsuriel
    Tsuriel
    ✭✭✭
    bakermir wrote: »

2 accounts?
  • Sanct16
    Sanct16
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You didn't contribute anything to your alliance so in fact you are the traitors. Looks like you got the punishment you deserve!
    - EU - Raid Leader of Banana Zerg Squad
    AD | AR 50 | Sanct Fir'eheal | ex Mana DK @31.10.2015
    EP | AR 50 | Sanctosaurus | Mana NB
    AD | AR 44 | rekt ya | Mana NB
    AD | AR 41 | Sanct Thunderstorm | Mana Sorc
    EP | AR 36 | S'na'ct | Mana NB {NA}
    AD | AR 29 | Captain Full Fist| Stam DK
    AD | AR 29 | Sanct The Dark Phoenix| Stam Sorc
    EP | AR 16 | Horny Sanct | Stam Warden
    EP | AR 16 | Sánct Bánáná Sláyér | Mana DK
    DC | AR 13 | ad worst faction eu | Stam Sorc
    DC | AR 13 | Lagendary Sanct | Mana NB

>320.000.000 AP
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Put their head on a stick
  • J18696
    J18696
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Indeed the locks stopped all the trolling
    PC NA Server
    @J18696
    Characters
    Pridē - Dragonknight
    Vanıty - Arcanist
  • Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Night blades in stealth got exposed. All is fair when dealing with these sneaky rats. At least, gank alone that is more decent action to do.
    The wind is cold where I live,
    The blizzard is my home,
    Snow and ice and loaded dice, the Wizard lives alone.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Often stealth players that are not grouped work together. When taking or defending a keep I like to hunt those in sneak and sometimes find others doing the same. Obviously we are in sneak most of the time and it is not uncommon for us to keep an eye out on the others for possible targets. It works well.
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Walker wrote: »
    Hashtag_ wrote: »
    Absurd this isn’t even possible with faction locks. Now we are all jolly good fellows who sit around camp fires and exchange war stories.

Lol @ all the most vocal anti faction lock lobbyists. Congrats. You found a thread that proves that it didn’t stop ALL cross faction shenanigans, even though we all knew it wouldn’t. It’s good to have a hobby. 😂
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Faction lock or not, some of us just want to expose people that hide and only want to help when they outnumber the enemy.
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marcus684 wrote: »

Lol @ all the most vocal anti faction lock lobbyists. Congrats. You found a thread that proves that it didn’t stop ALL cross faction shenanigans, even though we all knew it wouldn’t. It’s good to have a hobby. 😂

Dear Marcus, can I call you Marcus?

Satire - the use of humor, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people's stupidity or vices, particularly in the context of contemporary politics and other topical issues.
    Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
  • heng14rwb17_ESO
    heng14rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    TRAITORS MUST DIE !
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marcus684 wrote: »

Haha brilliant! And spot on.

OP didn't even state he was in a faction locked campaign is the best part. What id give for this to have been on 7 day CP lol
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP