Update 24 and the Dragonhold DLC Game Pack are both now available for testing on the PTS! Experience the amazing conclusion to the Season of the Dragon saga. You can read the full patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/493609/ 
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 17,  4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] Xbox One: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 17,  4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®4: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 17,  4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 5.2.0 is available. You can read the full patch notes: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/493609

Elemental Succession Changes

• ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4 seconds rotation and ES doesn't buff magic base spells .

So it just works for specific builds .
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rotation to trigger should not be a problem - your light attacks do elemental damage.
    But you need elemental skills to benefit from it, so not every class can really profit from it.
  • brandoncoffmannub18_ESO
    I just noticed that it does not have a cool down, is it not that a bit strong? Since you can have 100% uptime on it leaving similar sets live sum obsolete. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

You are incorrect
    The cooldown is 4 seconds, the uptime is 4 seconds

Since it's only each element frost, fire, and shock it is only useful if the majority of your dots

Even on a magDK, all my dots except one is fire ( degen is magic damage and lol barbed trap )

Which puts me around 600 behind spell strat on 93k parses on an iron atro

However, for every other class except necro ( I haven't looked but I'm pretty sure they have enough elemental dots ), there are more magic damage or the same magic to fire so, it's not going to be good for those.

So really, it's only useful only certain specs; that being said I love it on my magDK.
    Edited by brandoncoffmannub18_ESO on August 13, 2019 4:08PM
    Raise your arguments, not your insults.

Jodynn/Jo_oJ PC NA

PvE and PvP

MagDK
    StamDK
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just noticed that it does not have a cool down, is it not that a bit strong? Since you can have 100% uptime on it leaving similar sets live sum obsolete. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

You are incorrect
    The cooldown is 4 seconds, the uptime is 4 seconds

Since it's only each element frost, fire, and shock it is only useful if the majority of your dots

Even on a magDK, all my dots except one is fire ( degen is magic damage and lol barbed trap )

Which puts me around 600 behind spell strat on 93k parses on an iron atro

However, for every other class except necro ( I haven't looked but I'm pretty sure they have enough elemental dots ), there are more magic damage or the same magic to fire so, it's not going to be good for those.

So really, it's only useful only certain specs; that being said I love it on my magDK.

Alright, thanks for the info.
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭
    If I can get a set of this, I'm going to try it on my mag sorc. I only heavy attack (with lightning staff) and use a couple other skills like Elemental Blockade and Lightning Flood. So all lightning damage.
    2 questions:
    1. You said it only procs on direct damage and not aoes, where is that stated in writing? It's not in the item description itself. The item description simply says "shock damage" and to me that implies all shock damage.
    2. Someone said this set is broken, what is broken about it?
    Thanks in advance...
  • OG_Kaveman
    OG_Kaveman
    ✭✭✭
    malistorr wrote: »
    If I can get a set of this, I'm going to try it on my mag sorc. I only heavy attack (with lightning staff) and use a couple other skills like Elemental Blockade and Lightning Flood. So all lightning damage.
    2 questions:
    1. You said it only procs on direct damage and not aoes, where is that stated in writing? It's not in the item description itself. The item description simply says "shock damage" and to me that implies all shock damage.
    Thanks in advance...

1. It procs on all damage. Not just direct damage.

2. The set on pts has/had a 5 second cool down, live has a 4 second cool down, that is a huge difference, 95% uptime vs 75% uptime.

It ought to be noted, pets do not proc it, meaning on sorcs, the scamp and twilights damage will not, though their damage would not be buffed by it. The atro ulti will not proc the set either, though it's damage is increased by it. This is really inconvenient for magcros though, as the skeletal arcanist will not proc it but it's damage will be increased by it, meaning on most magcro builds, the only skill that does proc it is tether, so uptime on the lightning succession is lower then it ought to be. Blast bones as well will not proc the fire succession, though it's damage is increased by the set. Not sure about the frost attack from the flesh atro, though uptime on the frost succession is really only impacting bone yard and that.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It sounds good on paper, 550 Spell Damage for each element, lasting 4s, every 4s. I’m not sure it will be great in practice though. Depending on class, a lot of damage is from the Magic type: Soul Trap, Entropy, Crystal Frags, Curse, Radiant Oppression, Blazing Spear, Assassins Will, Cripple, Twisting Path, Deep Fissure, Swarm, Eternal Guardian, etc.

I guess we’ll have to test it to know for sure. It may come down to how the uptimes work if it’s on front bar only. Would need to be pretty high to compete with sets like Spell Strat or Siroria.

I do agree that Netch, Sun, and War Maiden are all hopelessly underpowered. Maybe next balance patch...

Tfw you forget to mention Ysgramor's Birthright
    Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/gnfJXgg

Let's make frost better for everyone!
  • brandoncoffmannub18_ESO
    OG_Kaveman wrote: »
    2 questions:
    Thanks in advance...

2. The set on pts has/had a 5 second cool down, live has a 4 second cool down, that is a huge difference, 95% uptime vs 75% uptime.

It ought to be noted, pets do not proc it, meaning on sorcs, the scamp and twilights damage will not, though their damage would not be buffed by it. The atro ulti will not proc the set either, though it's damage is increased by it. This is really inconvenient for magcros though, as the skeletal arcanist will not proc it but it's damage will be increased by it, meaning on most magcro builds, the only skill that does proc it is tether, so uptime on the lightning succession is lower then it ought to be. Blast bones as well will not proc the fire succession, though it's damage is increased by the set. Not sure about the frost attack from the flesh atro, though uptime on the frost succession is really only impacting bone yard and that.

It not proccing on pets is kind of silly since they inherit your stats but they don't inherit procs period, correct? So it makes sense as in it won't just give you free buffs while you just sit there and your pet does all the work for you.
    2 questions:
    Thanks in advance...

I would recommend trying light attacking some with weaves as well, your build is fine and you can play however you wish, but adding somethings may be fun, but if all your damage is elemental except one skill then it's worth it, however it's noteworthy that single target spell strat will be better, but again it requires light attacks.

Good luck!
    Raise your arguments, not your insults.

Jodynn/Jo_oJ PC NA

PvE and PvP

MagDK
    StamDK
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 questions:
    Thanks in advance...

It not proccing on pets is kind of silly since they inherit your stats but they don't inherit procs period, correct? So it makes sense as in it won't just give you free buffs while you just sit there and your pet does all the work for you.

I don't even think it's that complicated. Pet damage isn't responsive to spell damage anyways, just max magicka. So Julianos 5 piece/netchs touch/etc won't boost pet damage either.
  • OG_Kaveman
    OG_Kaveman
    ✭✭✭
    kringled_1 wrote: »
    2 questions:
    Thanks in advance...

I don't even think it's that complicated. Pet damage isn't responsive to spell damage anyways, just max magicka. So Julianos 5 piece/netchs touch/etc won't boost pet damage either.

only the twilight and scamp are not impacted by spell damage, as i said, both the arcanist and blast bones damage are increase by the spell damage from elemental succession, both the ultimates, the flesh and lightning atro, asl o scale with spell damage. so yes, pets "inherit procs", they just don't proc sets. with maybe necropotence being the only exception i think, since the arcanist does proc that set and is increased in damage by it.
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭
    I'm a mag sorc that's never used pets. I'm just gong to heavy attack with a lightning staff and use a morph of Wall of Elements. I may also use Lightning Flood and/or Boundless Storm depending on the situation and what monster set I equip. So saying that a certain class can't/shouldn't use this set is misleading. It is all based on skills that you use. In my case, everything is electric/lightning damage and not magic damage, so this set is perfect for me, but only if I determine it will help increase my overall dps vs. using either UI or IA (since I mostly heavy attack).

For a pet using mag. sorc you would probably want to use Crafty Alfiq and Necropotence. All the max mag would buff pet damage and your damage. Many people seem to forget that adding max mag is the same as adding spell damage, except it increases pet damage also. Having Crafty Alfiq and Necropotence equipped gives you 12,286 max mag which = spell damage increase of 1170 with 100% uptime if you have the required pet for Necropotence. And you'll have so much mag that I doubt sustain will ever matter. If it does just heavy attack once or twice. All that max mag will increase the heavy attack damage.
    Edited by malistorr on August 30, 2019 10:53PM