Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Elemental Succession Changes

• ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    4 seconds rotation and ES doesn't buff magic base spells .

So it just works for specific builds .
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rotation to trigger should not be a problem - your light attacks do elemental damage.
    But you need elemental skills to benefit from it, so not every class can really profit from it.
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just noticed that it does not have a cool down, is it not that a bit strong? Since you can have 100% uptime on it leaving similar sets live sum obsolete. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

You are incorrect
    The cooldown is 4 seconds, the uptime is 4 seconds

Since it's only each element frost, fire, and shock it is only useful if the majority of your dots

Even on a magDK, all my dots except one is fire ( degen is magic damage and lol barbed trap )

Which puts me around 600 behind spell strat on 93k parses on an iron atro

However, for every other class except necro ( I haven't looked but I'm pretty sure they have enough elemental dots ), there are more magic damage or the same magic to fire so, it's not going to be good for those.

So really, it's only useful only certain specs; that being said I love it on my magDK.
    Edited by Jodynn on August 13, 2019 4:08PM
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
    The lack of communication from ZOS to player speaks volumes.
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just noticed that it does not have a cool down, is it not that a bit strong? Since you can have 100% uptime on it leaving similar sets live sum obsolete. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

You are incorrect
    The cooldown is 4 seconds, the uptime is 4 seconds

Since it's only each element frost, fire, and shock it is only useful if the majority of your dots

Even on a magDK, all my dots except one is fire ( degen is magic damage and lol barbed trap )

Which puts me around 600 behind spell strat on 93k parses on an iron atro

However, for every other class except necro ( I haven't looked but I'm pretty sure they have enough elemental dots ), there are more magic damage or the same magic to fire so, it's not going to be good for those.

So really, it's only useful only certain specs; that being said I love it on my magDK.

Alright, thanks for the info.
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    If I can get a set of this, I'm going to try it on my mag sorc. I only heavy attack (with lightning staff) and use a couple other skills like Elemental Blockade and Lightning Flood. So all lightning damage.
    2 questions:
    1. You said it only procs on direct damage and not aoes, where is that stated in writing? It's not in the item description itself. The item description simply says "shock damage" and to me that implies all shock damage.
    2. Someone said this set is broken, what is broken about it?
    Thanks in advance...
  • OG_Kaveman
    OG_Kaveman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    malistorr wrote: »
    If I can get a set of this, I'm going to try it on my mag sorc. I only heavy attack (with lightning staff) and use a couple other skills like Elemental Blockade and Lightning Flood. So all lightning damage.
    2 questions:
    1. You said it only procs on direct damage and not aoes, where is that stated in writing? It's not in the item description itself. The item description simply says "shock damage" and to me that implies all shock damage.
    Thanks in advance...

1. It procs on all damage. Not just direct damage.

2. The set on pts has/had a 5 second cool down, live has a 4 second cool down, that is a huge difference, 95% uptime vs 75% uptime.

It ought to be noted, pets do not proc it, meaning on sorcs, the scamp and twilights damage will not, though their damage would not be buffed by it. The atro ulti will not proc the set either, though it's damage is increased by it. This is really inconvenient for magcros though, as the skeletal arcanist will not proc it but it's damage will be increased by it, meaning on most magcro builds, the only skill that does proc it is tether, so uptime on the lightning succession is lower then it ought to be. Blast bones as well will not proc the fire succession, though it's damage is increased by the set. Not sure about the frost attack from the flesh atro, though uptime on the frost succession is really only impacting bone yard and that.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It sounds good on paper, 550 Spell Damage for each element, lasting 4s, every 4s. I’m not sure it will be great in practice though. Depending on class, a lot of damage is from the Magic type: Soul Trap, Entropy, Crystal Frags, Curse, Radiant Oppression, Blazing Spear, Assassins Will, Cripple, Twisting Path, Deep Fissure, Swarm, Eternal Guardian, etc.

I guess we’ll have to test it to know for sure. It may come down to how the uptimes work if it’s on front bar only. Would need to be pretty high to compete with sets like Spell Strat or Siroria.

I do agree that Netch, Sun, and War Maiden are all hopelessly underpowered. Maybe next balance patch...

Tfw you forget to mention Ysgramor's Birthright
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OG_Kaveman wrote: »
    2 questions:
    Thanks in advance...

2. The set on pts has/had a 5 second cool down, live has a 4 second cool down, that is a huge difference, 95% uptime vs 75% uptime.

It ought to be noted, pets do not proc it, meaning on sorcs, the scamp and twilights damage will not, though their damage would not be buffed by it. The atro ulti will not proc the set either, though it's damage is increased by it. This is really inconvenient for magcros though, as the skeletal arcanist will not proc it but it's damage will be increased by it, meaning on most magcro builds, the only skill that does proc it is tether, so uptime on the lightning succession is lower then it ought to be. Blast bones as well will not proc the fire succession, though it's damage is increased by the set. Not sure about the frost attack from the flesh atro, though uptime on the frost succession is really only impacting bone yard and that.

It not proccing on pets is kind of silly since they inherit your stats but they don't inherit procs period, correct? So it makes sense as in it won't just give you free buffs while you just sit there and your pet does all the work for you.
    2 questions:
    Thanks in advance...

I would recommend trying light attacking some with weaves as well, your build is fine and you can play however you wish, but adding somethings may be fun, but if all your damage is elemental except one skill then it's worth it, however it's noteworthy that single target spell strat will be better, but again it requires light attacks.

Good luck!
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
    The lack of communication from ZOS to player speaks volumes.
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    2 questions:
    Thanks in advance...

It not proccing on pets is kind of silly since they inherit your stats but they don't inherit procs period, correct? So it makes sense as in it won't just give you free buffs while you just sit there and your pet does all the work for you.

I don't even think it's that complicated. Pet damage isn't responsive to spell damage anyways, just max magicka. So Julianos 5 piece/netchs touch/etc won't boost pet damage either.
  • OG_Kaveman
    OG_Kaveman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kringled_1 wrote: »
    2 questions:
    Thanks in advance...

I don't even think it's that complicated. Pet damage isn't responsive to spell damage anyways, just max magicka. So Julianos 5 piece/netchs touch/etc won't boost pet damage either.

only the twilight and scamp are not impacted by spell damage, as i said, both the arcanist and blast bones damage are increase by the spell damage from elemental succession, both the ultimates, the flesh and lightning atro, asl o scale with spell damage. so yes, pets "inherit procs", they just don't proc sets. with maybe necropotence being the only exception i think, since the arcanist does proc that set and is increased in damage by it.
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm a mag sorc that's never used pets. I'm just gong to heavy attack with a lightning staff and use a morph of Wall of Elements. I may also use Lightning Flood and/or Boundless Storm depending on the situation and what monster set I equip. So saying that a certain class can't/shouldn't use this set is misleading. It is all based on skills that you use. In my case, everything is electric/lightning damage and not magic damage, so this set is perfect for me, but only if I determine it will help increase my overall dps vs. using either UI or IA (since I mostly heavy attack).

For a pet using mag. sorc you would probably want to use Crafty Alfiq and Necropotence. All the max mag would buff pet damage and your damage. Many people seem to forget that adding max mag is the same as adding spell damage, except it increases pet damage also. Having Crafty Alfiq and Necropotence equipped gives you 12,286 max mag which = spell damage increase of 1170 with 100% uptime if you have the required pet for Necropotence. And you'll have so much mag that I doubt sustain will ever matter. If it does just heavy attack once or twice. All that max mag will increase the heavy attack damage.
    Edited by malistorr on August 30, 2019 10:53PM
  • xxsnatchfacexx
    Proc elemental succession 550x3?

Testing in pvp with pulse which states damaging w/ all three elements. which I hoped would proc all three elemental spell damage buffs stated in the 5th piece bonus of ”ES”

I’ve failed to see 1650 spell damage buff. 4 sec buff proves fast to check but I’ve only managed to see a 550 buff when the 5 piece bonus clearly states “there can be more than one elemental buff active simultaneous”

Am I misinterpreting or is this set broken?
    Eliminated the impossible
  • OG_Kaveman
    OG_Kaveman
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Testing in pvp with pulse which states damaging w/ all three elements. which I hoped would proc all three elemental spell damage buffs stated in the 5th piece bonus of ”ES”

I’ve failed to see 1650 spell damage buff. 4 sec buff proves fast to check but I’ve only managed to see a 550 buff when the 5 piece bonus clearly states “there can be more than one elemental buff active simultaneous”

you are misinterpreting, the set only adds 550 spell damage to each element, nothing else. so you do fire damage, you get 550 extra spell damage for fire damage only, same for lightning and frost. the set 5 piece does nothing for the magic damage type. the set does NOT add a flat value of spell damage to your sheet, like BSW does. this is important too, as BSW adds to you healing but ES does not.
    Edited by OG_Kaveman on December 16, 2019 9:19PM
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It only buffs elemental damage, @xxsnatchfacexx, not spell damage.

You may want to turn on the Combat Metrics add-on to keep track of your uptime on all three (3) elemental buffs (Fire, Frost, Shock).
  • xxsnatchfacexx
    I miss spoke.
    I’m looking for the spell damage to raise 1650 since I’m simultaneously using fire, ice, and lightning damage with force pulse.

Is that not what the set says it does?

Thank you for the replies I appreciate it!
    Edited by xxsnatchfacexx on December 16, 2019 11:14PM
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How do you check?
    It doesn't add the bonus to itself, it is tracked for each element separately. The fire part of Force Pulse gets 550 spell damage, the frost part gets 550, and the lightning part gets 550 - if all three are up.
  • xxsnatchfacexx
    Varana wrote: »
    How do you check?
    It doesn't add the bonus to itself, it is tracked for each element separately. The fire part of Force Pulse gets 550 spell damage, the frost part gets 550, and the lightning part gets 550 - if all three are up.

Exactly, my idea was that it would reflect 1650 in my character sheet under spell damage When simultaneously proc’d with force pulse. However, I fail to see that result.

How is this buff applied to spell damage if it isn’t seen on your character sheet?

Is this broken or mis-worded under the 5th piece bonus explanation?

If all three elements are proc’d simultaneously as explained in the 5th piece bonus my spell damage should be buffed on any of my elemental attacks by 1650 spell damage. In cyrodiil or BG’s this isn’t the case.

Please explain ESO

@ZOS_GinaBruno @Taleof2Cities @OG_Kaveman
    Edited by xxsnatchfacexx on December 17, 2019 2:17AM
  • OG_Kaveman
    OG_Kaveman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How is this buff applied to spell damage if it isn’t seen on your character sheet?

it just applies the 550 spell damage to your fire/lightning/frost damage skill as you proc them, like directly to the skills that use that element. note this does go up with major/minor sorcery too. also note, you dont need to skill to proc the set, IE illambris procs the lightning/fire spell damage from the set.
    Is this broken or mis-worded under the 5th piece bonus explanation?

it is worded fine. it is not broken. you are just not understanding it. imagine netch touch or silks of the sun, the way those sets are. now imagine that you get that extra spell damage on a proc.

If all three elements are proc’d simultaneously as explained in the 5th piece bonus my spell damage should be buffed on any of my elemental attacks by 1650 spell damage. In cyrodiil or BG’s this isn’t the case.

no, the wording mean that you can have more then one elements spell damage procced at a time. meaning that the 550 spell damage that only applies to fire damage can be up and the 550 spell damage that only applies to frost damage can be up at the same time. the set description does not mean they are additive or stack with each other. like at all.
    Whenever you deal Flame, Shock, or Frost Damage, you gain 6-550 Spell Damage for that element for 4 seconds. This effect can occur every 4 seconds per element. You can have multiple different elemental buffs active simultaneously.

the "active simultaneously" part applies to the "elemental buffs" part, which is 550 for each element. so you can have 550 more spell damage for fire/lightning/frost. it does not mean that they stack with each other. as that is how the phrazing would be if they did, as it does in Tzogvin's Warband
    When you deal Critical Damage, you gain a stack of Precision, increasing your Weapon Critical by 1-129 for 10 seconds, up to 10 stacks max. At max stacks, you also gain Minor Force, increasing your Critical Damage done by 10%.

and Twice-Fanged Serpent
    When you deal damage, your Physical Penetration is increased by 10-860 for 3 seconds, stacking up to 5 times.

or for magic users, Mantle of Siroria
    Dealing direct damage with a single target ability creates a ring of fire beneath you for 10 seconds. This effect can occur once every 10 seconds. Standing in the ring grants you a stack of Siroria's Boon for 5 seconds. Each stack increases your Spell Damage

see how each of these says "stacks", that means the buffs that they provide are additive with each other. "active simultaneously" is not the same thing.

Please explain ESO

here are the 2 best sources of explaining gameplay we have on these forums-

for dps-

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/422268/a-comprehensive-guide-on-damage-dealing-in-elder-scrolls-online/p1

for damage mitigation-

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/279426/damage-mitigation-explanation-updated-15-07-2019/p1
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, if all three elements are proc'd, each element gets its individual 550 SD bonus. If you use a fire skill, you get a 550 SD bonus - if you would've used a lightning skill, you would've gotten that element's bonus. Not additionally, separately.

Let's say you have all three procs active.
    Now you use Flame Reach. According to the description, "you gain 550 Spell Damage for that element". For Flame Reach, that is still 550 Spell Damage. Yes, you would also get 550 Spell Damage for frost and shock attacks - but Flame Reach is neither frost nor shock, so it gets only the 550 for fire.
    Next, you use Liquid Lightning. It is a shock spell, so " you gain 550 Spell Damage for that element" - in this case, 550 Spell Damage to a shock ability. It is not a fire or frost spell, so you do not get the bonus for these elements.
    And so on.
    The bonus applies only to that single element. Each ability is either fire, frost, or shock (or something entirely different), so each ability only gets the bonus for the one element that it belongs to.
    The closest you can get are things like Force Pulse or Ilambris which have several elemental damage components. But again, these are all counted separately. Force Pulse has a fire, a frost, and a shock attack. Each of these gets its own individual 550 Spell Damage bonus. The fire part doesn't get the frost bonus, and so on. In the end, that may result in a bonus close to 1650 (or not, depending on maths), but because each attack is calculated separately, they are not added up together.

ESO usually doesn't show restricted bonuses that are only specific to certain forms of attack on the character sheet. The character sheet is more of a guideline, not a hard rule. ;)
    Edited by Varana on December 17, 2019 2:06PM
  • xxsnatchfacexx
    Thank you friends @Varana @OG_Kaveman
    Edited by xxsnatchfacexx on December 19, 2019 9:24AM