Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I think it's time for class change tokens ...

• D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    Jeremy wrote: »
    They should have class change tokens to begin with. But considering all the sweeping changes they routinely make to how classes function they ought to be mandatory at this point.

Just think of how many tokens they could sell after each update!
    unsure.gif

I think they would rather sell skill lines and skyshards.
  • MilwaukeeScott
    MilwaukeeScott
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, please
    PS4NA

All I see is hate and rage from people who don't understand how to.....
  • ScarletWitchie
    That would be really nice though.
    I have a main DK and I have so many achievements with that char. but sometimes I just get tired of playing as DK and I want to play as another class, I do have other chars/different classes but I just want to keep playing on my main :| and getting achievements with it. I'd happily pay for a class change token :D
    All my Socials - beacons.ai/scarletwitchie
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Now that you can buy a new class (minus the 50lvls) I doubt ZOS will do it.

Mount training
    Craft research
    Skill lines
    Skyshard/zones
    Xp scrolls
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think as long as people have spent posting on this, they could have leveled each class and its probably more profitable to sell you the skill lines on the crown store for new characters.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think it will happen, but again, you never know with this 'pay for convenience and potentially win' path the store has taken. However, skill lines being sold is an indirect class change token, in that it's easy to make a new character/class and level it fast via the CS should you want to.
  • rager82b14_ESO
    rager82b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But if i follow the forums logic. All classes are the same. So why would people waste money on this?
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find it quite fascinating that a big part of ESO's playerbase requests this. Sure I can understand the reason to wanting it, it would be convinient. But some sounds almost demanding that it is something that really should exist in ESO by now, no question about it. Which I find odd since changing class is not something common in big mmorpgs that has set classes (Not ones like FF, that is built around being able to unlock all classes.) WoW? Nope. GW2, LotRO, Neverwinter, SWTOR, Tera, Age of Conan, star trek online etc? Not there either.
    Edited by NotaDaedraWorshipper on August 28, 2019 2:40PM
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Runkorko
    Runkorko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nope
    Edited by Runkorko on August 31, 2019 6:29AM
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Again, i already have a fully leveled character for each of the classes.

That's not the point at all ...
    shades.gif

• Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No thanks.

If you want more and more severe skill changes every update and incremental patch inbetween then the way to get them is by having class change tokens in the crown store. The revenue they generate will drive the constant changes.

No thanks.
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    "Ha! we'll make a necromancer of you yet"

How will you do this Abnur?
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • Tsar_Gekkou
    Tsar_Gekkou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We need platform change tokens.
    Xbox NA healer main
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+3 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA HM | vRG HM |
    Flawless Conqueror | Spirit Slayer | Dro-mA'thra Destroyer | Tick-Tock-Tormentor | Immortal Redeemer | Gryphon Heart | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Planesbreaker |
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We need platform change tokens.

We need change token tokens ...
    idea.gif

• Gahmerdohn
    Gahmerdohn
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe addressing the reason why we feel so unsatisfied by our characters that we keep creating 15 alts and ask for class changes?

There's a reason why so many people don't have a "main" or have 6 "mains" as they say or just drop character each patch because of 1k more dps on another class...

The relationship we have with our characters in this game are quite superficial I wonder why? maybe trying to answer this question we lead us to solve the real issue...IDK
  • RexyCat
    RexyCat
    ✭✭✭✭
    I won't play a necromancer because I suspect I will not like it for rp reasons. However, if I did try one, I'd give it a very fair, full evaluation before deciding. That means Undaunted 9, Vigor if stam, FG/MG 10, 60/60/60 horse, crafting perks to extend potion/food durations, complete at least the game's main quest, and (oh yeah) over level 50 with class/weapon skills fully leveled. That is NOT 'power leveling to 50 by running the Alikr dolmen train for a week'; rather, it represents half a year invested. A big reason I am so reluctant to start a new character down this road to evaluate their class is the possibility that, after a full and fair evaluation, I decide I don't like the class. That is when a class change token would be appropriate. Also, class change tokens don't hurt/affect (or are any business) of other players.

Tldr: Class change tokens would encourage me to try new classes that I 'might' not like rather than simply avoid the class.

Why don't you download PTS client instead and try out that class? You will have access to all that you mention above and that without to pay anything. Even be wealthy, but you need to start from scratch as you have no WS unlocked from before and all items need to be unpacked from containers before you can use them, which meant it will take some time to get things up and running.

//RexyCat
  • sentientomega
    sentientomega
    ✭✭✭
    I have a level 50 stamknight, a crafter, too, with all the Clothing, Smithing, Woodworking research *done*. Are you really going to tell me I just should delete that character?

Thanks to Zenimax's destruction of Rally with these changes, and the pushing of forced PvP in order for any stamina build to have even a reasonable chance at solo survivability, my stamknight and stamplar builds are now pretty much worse than useless for the content I have them do. Now, why shouldn't they be able to change to stamsorcs and stamwardens respectively? I came up with some build ideas for both those latter classes that'd be great for survivability, something I wouldn't have to do if all classes had access to adequate survivability options that *aren't* PvP-gated. I have 10 characters that would change class because of that, they're all max level, they've done so much stuff that'd be undone if they were remade, so being able to change their classes is better.

Here's how class change tokens could work: First and foremost, treat skill lines, ability and passive tiers as corresponding with others of the same Line and Tier Numbers as other classes. For example, Ardent Flame would became Dark Sorcery with a class change from Dragonknight to Sorcerer. Aedric Spear to Animal Companions for stamplar to stamwarden, that sort of thing. And, for every skill and morph you've levelled up, the corresponding skill line and tier number skill would be so levelled, too (Lava Whip for Crystal Shard, for example). Tough luck if it's not the right one post-conversion though. As for skill point refunds being part of that or not, I'm not that bothered. They could sell the tokens for 9K crowns, since a skill line like MG/FG costs 3K, and a class is made up of three skill lines. I would happily pay 90K in crowns to sort out those ten now-wonky characters of mine.

Even better if they abolish classes and simply give us access to every single class skill line, however.

EDIT: They could tie class change to an achievement, a level 50 class achievement for the one you want to change your class to. For instance, if you wanted to go necromancer, you'd have to've levelled one of such a class on that server to 50 first.
    Edited by sentientomega on August 30, 2019 12:16PM
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With all the recent changes to so many classes i think a class change token for the crown store is in order.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler please make it happen!
    pray.gif

Id tentatively agree.

My non pet magsorc is a completely different character now, having had to change several skills and use him in a totally different way. It is not fair on players who have invested years into their characters to have them changed so drastically.

Edit:
    I'll add, since others are commenting about it, I have 14 characters. I am more than happy levelling new characters and do it for fun now, its a great experience - I do not tend to swap out skills and gear to change a character to a new role or content... Instead I have different characters for everything, because I enjoy making characters and levelling.

This is not the point. The point is many wont, they may only play a couple of characters, and if one gets fundamentally changed after pouring years of time and effort and money into enjoying playing that character, its a bit of a slap in the face for Zos to totally change it.
    Edited by Grianasteri on September 2, 2019 9:28AM
  • CommanderGuts
    CommanderGuts
    ✭✭
    I would definitely buy a class change token. When I started the game they didn’t have warden but it’s my favorite class. I would love to have my main as a warden.
  • sentientomega
    sentientomega
    ✭✭✭
    To my idea, I'd also add this:

They could also do a limited time class respec every time they make enough combat changes they'd feel warrant a free respec. So whenever you'd get that free respec, or 1-gold respec for a week, class change tokens would also be available, the moment the free-or-cheap respec ended, so would the availability of class change tokens. This would still allow Zeni to profit in the other ways that they want while not completely ruling out the idea.

EDIT: Applying the correspondence approach to class skill line numbers, ability numbers, and passive numbers seemed logical to me, but I don't think I'd also mind that much if the class switched to had its three skill lines reduced to level 1.
    Edited by sentientomega on August 31, 2019 4:35AM
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps I'm being cynical, but I think at this point it's more likely that adding any type of class change option could potentially cause havok to the game's code and would be a nightmare to fix.

So the devs chose a "safer" alternative by selling skyshards.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fs2.quickmeme.com%2Fimg%2Fb7%2Fb78fc337c21d0bdb414268c04f00ecece45c6221afcfa502d68737955823ac24.jpg&f=1
    How about NO.

For the obvious reasons stated here
    The problem here is metagaming
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    No. Level a new class if you want to play that. Your class isn’t OP anymore? Oh, that’s why you played it and not because you wanted to play the class itself.

Every 3 months these changes happen so you want to class change four times a year because of necessary balancing adjustments?

I've had one of each class since launch. In fact, i've had 4 mains since launch and now have 5, spanning 5 classes.
    and now there are 6 classes - feel free to make another character
    Edited by Iccotak on August 31, 2019 5:25AM
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ah. Its the part of the month when this request pops up.

Same answer...

No

You can achieve everything you want by just making another character.

Is that 'too hard' to do?

:#
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    barney2525 wrote: »
    Ah. Its the part of the month when this request pops up.
    Same answer...
    No

Is it too hard to read?

There are plenty of reasons listed in this thread about why "just creating another character" isn't the answer, including the fact that i already have fully leveled characters for each class and still would like to see class change tokens for those reasons listed that you clearly didn't bother to read.
    rolleyes.gif

Edited by SirAndy on August 31, 2019 5:25AM
  • sentientomega
    sentientomega
    ✭✭✭
    Cadbury wrote: »
    Perhaps I'm being cynical, but I think at this point it's more likely that adding any type of class change option could potentially cause havok to the game's code and would be a nightmare to fix.

What makes you think so? Wouldn't it only mean taking away access to one set of skill lines and granting access to another set?

In much the same way that being cured of vampirism or lycanthropy cuts off access to those respective skill lines, and that killing an enemy with a weapon or joining the MG/FG/Undaunted or accessing a crafting station for the first time would grant access those respective skill lines, a token could first cut off the old skill lines, then grant access to the new.

Perhaps they could add two kinds of tokens, that could only be used in order, to achieve that very result.

If you mean that they tried something like this, and it was bugged to Oblivion, then I can see it would indeed be a nightmare to fix.
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    barney2525 wrote: »

It is, for many. That's entirely the point. Why make a consumer friendly product that works the way they want it to when you can create problems and then sell solutions to those consumers? Hell, they'll even thank you for it... all the while oblivious to the fact they're paying a company to solve a problem that was created by the company in the first place.

"Please don't allow players to just change their class with reasonable and entirely free in-game mechanisms like games used to provide! I demand you charge me at least $15 for the amazing service of changing my character's class instead!"

Yup, business as usual. Nothing to see here...
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »
    In the 5 years game has been out, every class except necro had their "glory days".
    If you want to metahop so badly just level one of each class, i hear skyreach runs are real cheap this time o year.
    On the classes i want to play both stam and mag, but cant be bothered to lvl 2toons, i just go Imperial, its a safe bet for both especially for necro and warden.

Are you kidding me? Necro is great.Some things might be a bit unreliable at times,but they are strong at least on the stam side.
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Runs wrote: »
    "Ha! we'll make a necromancer of you yet"

How will you do this Abnur?

They already made one out of me.
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cadbury wrote: »

What makes you think so? Wouldn't it only mean taking away access to one set of skill lines and granting access to another set?

In much the same way that being cured of vampirism or lycanthropy cuts off access to those respective skill lines, and that killing an enemy with a weapon or joining the MG/FG/Undaunted or accessing a crafting station for the first time would grant access those respective skill lines, a token could first cut off the old skill lines, then grant access to the new.

Perhaps they could add two kinds of tokens, that could only be used in order, to achieve that very result.

If you mean that they tried something like this, and it was bugged to Oblivion, then I can see it would indeed be a nightmare to fix.

I'm saying that I don't think they could pull it off without something in ESO's spaghetti code getting unraveled and causing bigger issues.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gahmerdohn wrote: »
    Maybe addressing the reason why we feel so unsatisfied by our characters that we keep creating 15 alts and ask for class changes?

There's a reason why so many people don't have a "main" or have 6 "mains" as they say or just drop character each patch because of 1k more dps on another class...

The relationship we have with our characters in this game are quite superficial I wonder why? maybe trying to answer this question we lead us to solve the real issue...IDK

You have to consider is some want to have all classes magic and stamina.Some tanks and healers too.Besides.I never really felt the need to abandon characters completely.I return to them eventually.