Update 24 and the Dragonhold DLC Game Pack are both now available for testing on the PTS! Experience the amazing conclusion to the Season of the Dragon saga. You can read the full patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/493609/ 

I think it's time for class change tokens ...

  • ruengdet2515
    ruengdet2515
    ✭✭✭
    I think they can do it but what about 25,000-30,000 crown for class change?
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As far as I remember, they mentioned on the Summerset release stream, that class change tokens is not something they even could do if they wanted, as the way the game is coded wouldn't allow it / cause serious issues.
    PC - EU:
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
    Falathren - AD MagSorc
    F'lathren - AD StamDen
    Your'Mum - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD MagDK
    Valamae - EP MagPlar
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I fully agree @SirAndy.

    This isn’t rocket science either. It’s a marginal step further from respecing your skill lines at a shrine or with a Crown Scroll. You can change everything physical about your character, even race and sex. But a simple and worldly thing like re-schooling your character to a new profession is like giving birth to a bowling ball.

    I would hate to think that greed is the core reason not to offer something that the majority of other games offer easily and free in game.

    Play as you want, huh? Pfffff.

    And yes, we who have all classes, and/or have played a character for over 5 years now do develop an attachment to our creations.

    Maybe that attachment has more monetary value to ZOS in the long run than trying to milk some character slots, race change tokens and skill line purchases...but so far I have seen loyalty be rewarded very scarcely by ZOS, if at all.
    Edited by Idinuse on September 1, 2019 12:55AM
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • Xarcus
    Xarcus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyway, in your skillbar now you're playing with psijic skill, mageguild/warrior guild, soultrap, light/medium/heavy armor skill + weapon skills and assault/support skill.

    No more class skills are used.

    Why do you want to change the class ?
    Classes lost their identify over the updates.


    Edited by Xarcus on August 31, 2019 11:09AM
    PC-EU-FR - @Xarcs
    J'ai quitté teso.
    5 années à jouer à ce jeu, j'ai fait le tour et aujourd'hui je ne m'amuse plus.
    Ils auront finalement réussi à me faire partir ; )
  • Belmara
    Belmara
    ✭✭✭
    First its skill lines, then it's classes and whats then? a boost to level 50/160cp?
    PC - EU
  • agelonestar
    agelonestar
    ✭✭✭
    As I understood a previous response from ZoS on this subject (admittedly it was ages ago and I can’t find it), there’s some technical issue with class change tokens.

    I think there’s an acceptable half-way house, though. Once we have levelled to 50 on a character, why not allow us to purchase a “start at level 50” token for the next character? I’d go for that rather than having to grind up another toon through the same old content).

    Has the added benefit who like to scream “PTW” at everyone every five minutes, to. Win/win. So much winning. :*
    All that is gold does not glitter; not all those who wander are lost...... some of us are just looking for trouble.
    GM of Dark Star Rising | Broker of Equalisers | Former GM of Lone Star & Merchants of Magnus I & II | Trader
  • Gahmerdohn
    Gahmerdohn
    ✭✭✭
    You have to consider is some want to have all classes magic and stamina. Some tanks and healers too.Besides.I never really felt the need to abandon characters completely. I return to them eventually.

    I get that but the point I'm trying to make here is: If you feel totally satisfied with your character because this character suits your fantasy as an MMO player you will feel less rush to make all these different characters. Of course, you'll try a different class and so on but not as a compulsively, changing them all the time.

    This is an MMO and your character represent what you want to incarnate in this world right? So if what you want to incarnate is not present or incredibly marginalized like the "hunter fantasy" or the "true warrior" it's obvious that you will just be spending your time touching superficially all classes and never really get absorbed in any of them.

    There's a reason why some people like Bow and others like BIG axes, other sneakiness other range powerful spell casters and this fantasy should be present in the endgame by skillfully designing the classes and weapon skill line so most people can actually live what they love in a fantasy world while being able to do the content in this particular way.

    If each class and each weapon tree has a specific personality and identity to it you'll choose accordingly and there will be less need to have so much unused characters and "class change token".
  • Walks_With_Kagouti
    Class change token but the prereq: must have a character of that class already at level 50 with all class skill lines at 50

    "Bend your knee to me, I'll give you a minion for each enemy you've slain. You will have an army.
    -Lord Molag Bal


    The armies of Molag Bal are upon you! Submit to my masters rule!
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Class change token but the prereq: must have a character of that class already at level 50 with all class skill lines at 50

    I could live with that ...
    idea.gif

    The Sidekick Order:
    The Naked Nords | The Cannon Fodder of Tamriel | The Mercenaries without Skills | The League of formidable Crafters
    The Psijic Order - 0.016% | Elder Moot | Lone Wolf Help | Great House Hlaalu
  • BattleAxe
    BattleAxe
    ✭✭✭
    The amount of programming need to do a class change and have it work properly would be a mountain in itself more than likely it would glitch out and you would have a sorc using dragon leap or a dk summoning a twilight. The examples are likely outcome of class changing. However the more likely and better alternative is for a spellcrafting system.
  • tim99
    tim99
    ✭✭✭
    barney2525 wrote: »
    Ah. Its the part of the month when this request pops up.


    Same answer...

    No

    You can achieve everything you want by just making another character.

    Is that 'too hard' to do?


    :#

    yes its too hard. it would be month or years to get to current status,

    - he knows every blueprint/receipt/motif/style existing in game.
    - 34k achievment points (incl. master fisher, flawless, emp, 2 lvl to grand lord)
    - reaad every book and memory apart from 3 bugged books (dont laugh, thats a big point, so much books were bugged afterwards and are not readable anymore and noone knows if they will be fixed ever)

    and i dont like playing him (nonpet magsorc) any more after that patch. open world is a hooror. ^^ every damn animal slows you down and too bored to kill 20 mobs with single target skills. im very lazy and when doing the prolog or dailys quests in elsweyr, i started to run to the destination and if there are more then 10 mobs following i just let myself get killed and respawn as its faster and just easier than killing them all one by one in a single way.

    and thats what makes me log in less and less these days... with cp1600 and played more than 15k hours, i would prefer... well not this.
    i think i would change to magplar, jabs is exactly what open world makes enjoyable again, previously i has been power surge, which is useless now. l2p just means, stay in your house and craft things.
    QQ

    who cares, btw is ninja working in pve as well? ^^
  • Gahmerdohn
    Gahmerdohn
    ✭✭✭
    tim99 wrote: »

    yes its too hard. it would be month or years to get to current status,

    - he knows every blueprint/receipt/motif/style existing in game.
    - 34k achievment points (incl. master fisher, flawless, emp, 2 lvl to grand lord)
    - reaad every book and memory apart from 3 bugged books (dont laugh, thats a big point, so much books were bugged afterwards and are not readable anymore and noone knows if they will be fixed ever)

    and i dont like playing him (nonpet magsorc) any more after that patch. open world is a hooror. ^^ every damn animal slows you down and too bored to kill 20 mobs with single target skills. im very lazy and when doing the prolog or dailys quests in elsweyr, i started to run to the destination and if there are more then 10 mobs following i just let myself get killed and respawn as its faster and just easier than killing them all one by one in a single way.

    and thats what makes me log in less and less these days... with cp1600 and played more than 15k hours, i would prefer... well not this.
    i think i would change to magplar, jabs is exactly what open world makes enjoyable again, previously i has been power surge, which is useless now. l2p just means, stay in your house and craft things.
    QQ

    who cares, btw is ninja working in pve as well? ^^


    I feel your pain, really when the character you have played for so long now can only play in a way that you don't enjoy it just makes you want to stop playing. It just happened to me this same patch (Bow/bow build) now feels quite bad, we basically had 5 months of Viable existence (in endgame PVE from Wrathstone DLC to Scalebreaker DLC ) since Morrowind came out ...but don't give up.
    You can try a different build with it, even things that seem that you'd not enjoy maybe another role. Next patch they will look at class identity and revisiting this awfull dot meta.
    At least there is a possibility that next patch I'd be better, meanwhile just play around trying things, who knows maybe you'll discover something great and enjoy it.
  • lordrichter
    lordrichter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OpUpOy1.gif
    PC North America since March 2014
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say NO to Crown Crates!
    I collect free, unopened, virgin Crown Crates! 331, so far!

  • sentientomega
    sentientomega
    ✭✭✭
    I should add that abilities only make any even slightly noticeable impact on mag chars I make, on my stamblades, it's even less than that. On my stamknights and stamplars, it's even less than that, and I know that with stamsorc and stamwarden, I could make the latter two "types" a fighting force again.

    I have at least one build of every class focusing on magicka, and they're relatively easy to handle as they are, thanks to the terrific self-healing available to *all* of them.

    If venomous claw and biting jabs mirrored the healing of burning embers and puncturing sweep, respectively, that might, in fact, be all that's needed to give those two classes some basic stamina self-healing, and then there'd be no need to class-change.

    As it is, there is only Vigour, especially Resolving Vigour, for the most powerful stamina self-healing of the base, that's universally available, but only if you PvP. Not everyone likes to PvP, and it is a really crummy way to get what is essentially a basic option for stamina builds. Self-healing is essential, and damage-based healing is something I find especially appealing.
  • kryda
    kryda
    ✭✭
    Why are people against class change tokens?
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    BattleAxe wrote: »
    The amount of programming need to do a class change and have it work properly would be a mountain in itself more than likely it would glitch out and you would have a sorc using dragon leap or a dk summoning a twilight. The examples are likely outcome of class changing. However the more likely and better alternative is for a spellcrafting system.

    I'm not sure why you say that because the class systems are already programmed. It should be simple to do. All the hard work is already done.
    Edited by Jeremy on September 11, 2019 12:37AM
  • lordrichter
    lordrichter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jeremy wrote: »
    BattleAxe wrote: »
    The amount of programming need to do a class change and have it work properly would be a mountain in itself more than likely it would glitch out and you would have a sorc using dragon leap or a dk summoning a twilight. The examples are likely outcome of class changing. However the more likely and better alternative is for a spellcrafting system.

    I'm not sure why you say that because the class systems are already programmed. It should be simple to do. All the hard work is already done.

    Does ZOS know you have been in their code repository and are now talking about it? :o
    PC North America since March 2014
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say NO to Crown Crates!
    I collect free, unopened, virgin Crown Crates! 331, so far!

  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jeremy wrote: »
    BattleAxe wrote: »
    The amount of programming need to do a class change and have it work properly would be a mountain in itself more than likely it would glitch out and you would have a sorc using dragon leap or a dk summoning a twilight. The examples are likely outcome of class changing. However the more likely and better alternative is for a spellcrafting system.

    I'm not sure why you say that because the class systems are already programmed. It should be simple to do. All the hard work is already done.

    We do not know how the db is setup and what all is affected. From the outside, not knowing anything about the games design, we do not see any entanglements that would make it challenging.

    My guess is this has nothing to do with it. MMORPGs seem to have a vested interest in having the masses roll additional characters. The most obvious the crown store sales and they just might believe that they make more money off a new character than a class change token would bring in.

    Regardless, just asking for it and arguing it should not be challenging to do has little chance of succeeding since Zos has said they are not interested in it. One would need to figure out why they are not and address that issue to have a shot at changing their minds. However, if it is due to monetary reasons I doubt anyone has worthy information to present a decent argument.
    Really, idk
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    if it is due to monetary reasons I doubt anyone has worthy information to present a decent argument.

    Here's a decent argument:

    post-2-1568165983.gif

    The Sidekick Order:
    The Naked Nords | The Cannon Fodder of Tamriel | The Mercenaries without Skills | The League of formidable Crafters
    The Psijic Order - 0.016% | Elder Moot | Lone Wolf Help | Great House Hlaalu
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    idk wrote: »
    if it is due to monetary reasons I doubt anyone has worthy information to present a decent argument.

    Here's a decent argument:

    post-2-1568165983.gif

    That lacks any worthy meaning.
    Really, idk
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jeremy wrote: »
    BattleAxe wrote: »
    The amount of programming need to do a class change and have it work properly would be a mountain in itself more than likely it would glitch out and you would have a sorc using dragon leap or a dk summoning a twilight. The examples are likely outcome of class changing. However the more likely and better alternative is for a spellcrafting system.

    I'm not sure why you say that because the class systems are already programmed. It should be simple to do. All the hard work is already done.

    Does ZOS know you have been in their code repository and are now talking about it? :o

    You don't have to have access to their "code repository". It's common sense.

    The class system is already programmed (obviously). It would be the same as allowing for a race swap or a name change. So to suggest it would require a mountain of new coding is just inaccurate. It would be nearly the same amount of coding that a name change or race change would require. There isn't much difference in the process.

    Removing abilities or giving new abilities to characters is very easy to do. The difficult programming comes into play when you are designing the actual class abilities themselves. And that's already been done.
    Edited by Jeremy on September 11, 2019 2:04AM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jeremy wrote: »
    Jeremy wrote: »
    BattleAxe wrote: »
    The amount of programming need to do a class change and have it work properly would be a mountain in itself more than likely it would glitch out and you would have a sorc using dragon leap or a dk summoning a twilight. The examples are likely outcome of class changing. However the more likely and better alternative is for a spellcrafting system.

    I'm not sure why you say that because the class systems are already programmed. It should be simple to do. All the hard work is already done.

    Does ZOS know you have been in their code repository and are now talking about it? :o

    You don't have to have access to their "code repository". It's common sense.

    The class system is already programmed (obviously). It would be the same as allowing for a race swap or a name change. So to suggest it would require a mountain of new coding is just inaccurate. It would be nearly the same amount of coding that a name change or race change would require. There isn't much difference in the process.

    Removing abilities or giving new abilities to characters is very easy to do. The difficult programming comes into play when you are designing the actual class abilities themselves. And that's already been done.

    Without actual knowledge about how the game is designed some would think it is simple to provide alliance changes. However, Zos has said that is not the case, that it is intertwined with many areas.

    So what we think is simple and straightforward in the void of actual knowledge of the programing often is not the case. So saying it is easy to do while standing in a vacuum of understanding of how the code is really organized is as easy to do as it is without real merit.
    Edited by idk on September 11, 2019 2:10AM
    Really, idk
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Jeremy wrote: »
    BattleAxe wrote: »
    The amount of programming need to do a class change and have it work properly would be a mountain in itself more than likely it would glitch out and you would have a sorc using dragon leap or a dk summoning a twilight. The examples are likely outcome of class changing. However the more likely and better alternative is for a spellcrafting system.

    I'm not sure why you say that because the class systems are already programmed. It should be simple to do. All the hard work is already done.

    We do not know how the db is setup and what all is affected. From the outside, not knowing anything about the games design, we do not see any entanglements that would make it challenging.

    My guess is this has nothing to do with it. MMORPGs seem to have a vested interest in having the masses roll additional characters. The most obvious the crown store sales and they just might believe that they make more money off a new character than a class change token would bring in.

    Regardless, just asking for it and arguing it should not be challenging to do has little chance of succeeding since Zos has said they are not interested in it. One would need to figure out why they are not and address that issue to have a shot at changing their minds. However, if it is due to monetary reasons I doubt anyone has worthy information to present a decent argument.

    Oh it's definitely because of financial incentives. They likely make way too much money selling conveniences to altoholics through their crown store for them to ever risk giving that revenue up by giving players the option to simply change their classes.

    So I agree with you there.

    I just wanted to point out that I seriously seriously doubt programming concerns have anything to do with their disinterest. Because simply changing a character's class would be a pretty simple process and shouldn't require much coding.
    Edited by Jeremy on September 11, 2019 2:18AM
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Jeremy wrote: »
    Jeremy wrote: »
    BattleAxe wrote: »
    The amount of programming need to do a class change and have it work properly would be a mountain in itself more than likely it would glitch out and you would have a sorc using dragon leap or a dk summoning a twilight. The examples are likely outcome of class changing. However the more likely and better alternative is for a spellcrafting system.

    I'm not sure why you say that because the class systems are already programmed. It should be simple to do. All the hard work is already done.

    Does ZOS know you have been in their code repository and are now talking about it? :o

    You don't have to have access to their "code repository". It's common sense.

    The class system is already programmed (obviously). It would be the same as allowing for a race swap or a name change. So to suggest it would require a mountain of new coding is just inaccurate. It would be nearly the same amount of coding that a name change or race change would require. There isn't much difference in the process.

    Removing abilities or giving new abilities to characters is very easy to do. The difficult programming comes into play when you are designing the actual class abilities themselves. And that's already been done.

    Without actual knowledge about how the game is designed some would think it is simple to provide alliance changes. However, Zos has said that is not the case, that it is intertwined with many areas.

    So what we think is simple and straightforward in the void of actual knowledge of the programing often is not the case. So saying it is easy to do while standing in a vacuum of understanding of how the code is really organized is as easy to do as it is without real merit.

    Changing alliances would be more complicated because each alliance has their own story line and trajectory. So it has more factors to consider. Classes do not. They are independent systems.

    So it would be as simple as removing the current class and replacing it with the new one. And until someone can explain to me why that's not the case - I will continue to believe the only argument that has no "real merit" is the one suggesting it wouldn't be.

    Edited by Jeremy on September 11, 2019 2:32AM
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    idk wrote: »
    SirAndy wrote: »
    idk wrote: »
    if it is due to monetary reasons I doubt anyone has worthy information to present a decent argument.
    Here's a decent argument:
    post-2-1568165983.gif
    That lacks any worthy meaning.

    Let me translate:
    ZOS can make money selling class change token to people that otherwise would not fork over money to speed level alts

    popcorn.gif

    And that's the real reason they won't give us class change tokens. ^^

    Edited by Jeremy on September 11, 2019 2:55AM
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Without actual knowledge about how the game is designed
    We have plenty of knowledge about how the game is designed ...

    Besides the obvious from just playing the game we have the occasional bug that exposes underlying data structures. We have the AddOn API that also provides loads of information about the underlying data structures. We have the data miners, the theory crafters, and yes, even the hackers have contributed to that knowledge.

    Network protocols are known, data exchange formats for client/server communication are known, in-memory data structures are known.

    There is tons of information out there if you know where to look.
    shades.gif

    The Sidekick Order:
    The Naked Nords | The Cannon Fodder of Tamriel | The Mercenaries without Skills | The League of formidable Crafters
    The Psijic Order - 0.016% | Elder Moot | Lone Wolf Help | Great House Hlaalu
  • Ozby
    Ozby
    ✭✭✭✭
    There really is not a good enough reason to not let us have class change tokens
    PC NA
    Roles - Tank, Healer , DPS
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    idk wrote: »
    SirAndy wrote: »
    idk wrote: »
    if it is due to monetary reasons I doubt anyone has worthy information to present a decent argument.
    Here's a decent argument:
    post-2-1568165983.gif
    That lacks any worthy meaning.

    Let me translate:
    ZOS can make money selling class change token to people that otherwise would not fork over money to speed level alts

    popcorn.gif

    And they could sell one to people every few months by making sweeping changes to classes and changing the meta.

    Which, of course, is an argument against including class change tokens. Big changes every few months would then become the norm to drive sales of class change tokens. No thanks.
  • Commancho
    Commancho
    ✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    With all the recent changes to so many classes i think a class change token for the crown store is in order.

    @ZOS_BrianWheeler please make it happen!
    pray.gif



    No game i know offer class change.
    Dont be laazy please. 1-50 is like 5h grind.

    How long it takes to complete most of the achievements, quests and learn most of the recipes on your main? Because it has taken me around 3k hours of playtime. I have started as DK, but what if after leveling up other classes I have realized that I enjoy more sorcerer? Sure, I can play mostly my alt, but I prefer to have all achievements on my main as most time consuming achievements are linked with each other and I would need another few years to complete them.
Sign In or Register to comment.