Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Eidetic Memory Bugs/Comments/Help

• Dark_Claw
    Dark_Claw
    ✭✭✭
    Btw I can confirm that “The Warrior’s Blade” can be found in Deshaan. I came across it while searching bookshelves in Mournhold City Centre.
  • Tabatha
    Tabatha
    ✭✭✭
    I’m on XBOX, my message in the bottle in mysteries and clues is still broken? I have spent so many hours looking for bottles... is it fixed? Is there a workaround?
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tabatha wrote: »
    I’m on XBOX, my message in the bottle in mysteries and clues is still broken? I have spent so many hours looking for bottles... is it fixed? Is there a workaround?

Has been fixed. I had it off, too, but finally got done about a week ago when I had nothing better to do than do 2.5 laps around the whole Summerset coastline.
  • Aurrynthea_Drake
    Aurrynthea_Drake
    ✭✭✭
    So far having just restarted Vvardenfell with new char, NONE of the quest books have spawned, only incidental (already in world) are attainable. I give up!
    Magic does not die. It merely sleeps until called forth into the world again.
    PC EU (PvE)(ex PvP)
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on August 16, 2019 10:53PM
  • DrScience42
    Hello, first time user of the ESO forums. I need help finding 3 books. They are not on anyone's bugged list. I just can't find them.

Shad Astula Curriculum: I've looked all over the school and can't find it
    Wanted: the Chief: Supposed to be in Shor's Stone, but I can't find it
    Reman II: The Limits of Ambition: One site says it is supposed to be randomly found in Murkmire bookshelves. I just want to confirm this.

Any help would be appreciated. I am on console, so I can't use Lorebook Finder coordinates.
  • G1Countdown
    G1Countdown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Murkmire's Dead-Water Riddle Fragment is still missing in action as far as I am aware. Anyone know if that is not the case?

Vvardenfell's Captain's Note on Firemoth Island is missing in action. I assume this one is just not available at the moment.

Imperial City's The Year 2920, Vol. 27 (and 26) are not found for me. I read that 27 is supposed to be found in bookcases. I tried the bookcases in the EP base, but they don't seem to change. They seem to stay the same whether I log out or leave the zone and come back. Anyone aware of other bookcases that are readable in IC? All the ones I found in the districts were either destroyed or empty.
  • LadyMamoulian
    LadyMamoulian
    ✭✭✭
    There are some new Eidetic memory items I was unable to locate so far so I decided to ask for a little help here. First the "For my beloved Kud-nakal" poem from Murkmire - where is this piece of Lore located please? Or was it available only during the Frog Totem Turnaround quest?

Also, in the Devoted and Deranged section of my Eidetic Memory there is an unacuired item "On Plunder Skulls".. does this piece of lore actually exist?
    Edited by LadyMamoulian on August 16, 2019 7:45AM
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello, first time user of the ESO forums. I need help finding 3 books. They are not on anyone's bugged list. I just can't find them.

Reman II: The Limits of Ambition: One site says it is supposed to be randomly found in Murkmire bookshelves. I just want to confirm this.

Any help would be appreciated. I am on console, so I can't use Lorebook Finder coordinates.

Shad Astula Curriculum is not actually located at the school, as far as I can tell. I looked there for over two hours. I had to spend a few evenings visiting several delves with bookshelves (UESP’s log has a list of locations where this book has been found by players). I believe it was either Gandranen Ruins in Shadowfen or Naril Nagaia in Greenshade that I finally got it.

In general, the bookshelves of a given town/delve/public dungeon draw from a particular pool of lorebooks that can appear there. So it is a matter of identifying what locations are linked to what pools and then farming those specific locations for the lorebooks you’re missing.
    Murkmire's Dead-Water Riddle Fragment is still missing in action as far as I am aware. Anyone know if that is not the case?

Vvardenfell's Captain's Note on Firemoth Island is missing in action. I assume this one is just not available at the moment.

Imperial City's The Year 2920, Vol. 27 (and 26) are not found for me. I read that 27 is supposed to be found in bookcases. I tried the bookcases in the EP base, but they don't seem to change. They seem to stay the same whether I log out or leave the zone and come back. Anyone aware of other bookcases that are readable in IC? All the ones I found in the districts were either destroyed or empty.

The IC books can be a real pain. In the first post of this link there is a guide to the 27 or so bookshelves in the IC districts with maps and screenshots that I found very helpful in farming these entries:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/467821/eidetic-memory-bugs-comments-help-volume-two/p1

Bookshelves seem to take a while to respawn, and I still haven’t figured out a rule for knowing when they will or making them do so. Relogging doesn’t always do it, nor does the daily quest reset seem to work on shelves. But try back in IC regularly and eventually you will get them. If you happen to run White-Gold Tower, that should also have a couple of shelves that you can tag as you make your way through, although too few to make it worth farming the dungeon just for the books, imo.

Dead-Water Riddle Fragment is one of my only three bugged books. I still haven’t found it either. The Lorebooks add-on recently updated this item to say “Bookshelves,” so I’ve started to farm Murkmire shelves for it. No luck so far.
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also, in the Devoted and Deranged section of my Eidetic Memory there is an unacuired item "On Plunder Skulls".. does this piece of lore actually exist?

Last ESO update added not just that one, but 30 new books. Based on some other stuff added, specifically, recipes which clearly belong to the Witches Festival, I would hazard a guess that "On Plunder Skulls" will pop up (or has already) somewhere near the autumn witch lair.

Other book changes are:

Elsweyr section was renamed to Anequina Chronicles (so Southern Elsweyr will certainly go to its own Pellitine section when drop)
    Added one book in each of Hearts and Flowers, Plots and Schemes, Research Notes, The Devoted and Deranged, and The World and Its Creatures sections;
    Added 11 (!) Library of Incunabula books;
    Added 14 (!) Mysteries and Clues books.

That seems to be more than a bit of overkill for just two dungeons to me, so they are clearly not all in there.
  • DrScience42
    Thank you for the tip virtus753! Found Shad Astula Curriculum in Naril Nagaia! And thanks for the UESP log tip as well!
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    “On Plunder Skulls” is already available in game, just outside the Brewery for the Witches Festival.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Last ESO update added not just that one, but 30 new books. Based on some other stuff added, specifically, recipes which clearly belong to the Witches Festival, I would hazard a guess that "On Plunder Skulls" will pop up (or has already) somewhere near the autumn witch lair.

Other book changes are:

Elsweyr section was renamed to Anequina Chronicles (so Southern Elsweyr will certainly go to its own Pellitine section when drop)
    Added one book in each of Hearts and Flowers, Plots and Schemes, Research Notes, The Devoted and Deranged, and The World and Its Creatures sections;
    Added 11 (!) Library of Incunabula books;
    Added 14 (!) Mysteries and Clues books.

That seems to be more than a bit of overkill for just two dungeons to me, so they are clearly not all in there.

You’re right about it being more than just the two dungeons. The Incunabula section is for DLC dungeon lorebooks. The majority of the Mysteries & Clues additions seem to be from the upcoming Dragonhold prologue quests (not yet available). “Sealed Letter,” for example, is the quest starter for that. “Kasura’s Notes” (the new Research entry) is also from one of these upcoming quests.

The update did also add a few retroactive Murkmire books to the Lore Library. Unfortunately one of these, For My Beloved Kud-Nakal (the new Hearts and Flowers entry), seems to be locked behind a quest which many people will have done in the past 10 months. But Vonthangar’s Letter (Plots and Schemes) can be collected.

The Devoted and Deranged entry should be “On Plunder Skulls” (already available), while the World and Its Creatures entry should be the Memo on Indriks available at the Impresario tent.
  • DrScience42
    I still have a few books that I need help with on xbox.

1. Wanted: The Chief (Handbills, Posters and Decrees) - I know it is somewhere in the Rift but I haven't found it yet on my main toon. I have found it on one of my other toons so I know it's out there. I wish I could remember where I found it.

2. Folly of Man (Summerset Scrolls) - I know it is in the Study Hall at the Illumination Academy but I missed it on my main toon during the The Tower Sentinels Quest. Is there a post quest location for it?

3. The Lost Communion (The Devoted and Deranged) - I know it is in the Trials of the Burnished Scales quest in Hissmir, but I missed it during the quest. I know there is a post quest location for some of the lorebooks at the Trial of the Mind entrance at Hissmir, but this book is not among them.

Any help would be appreciated.
  • DrScience42
    Adding a note to the The Lost Communion: There are 3 books outside the Trial of the Mind. The True Balance, The Fruit and the Stone and Hidden-Hands Journal. The Lost Communion is not there.
  • Holger30
    Holger30
    ✭✭✭
    I'm looking for a few books again

Hearts and Flowers:
    For my beloved Kud-Nakal

Mysteries and Clues:
    Enzamir's Note
    Final Letter of Sergeant Berarah
    Grandmaster Ettiene
    Grandmaster Ghelin-Brol
    Grandmaster Jaiv-Yora
    Grandmaster Vashu-Pir
    Letter to Halakaku
    Letter to Marillan
    Sealed Letter
    Searching for the Horn of Ja'darri, Part 1
    Searching for the Horn of Ja'darri, Part 2
    Searching for the Horn of Ja'darri, Part 3
    The Illustrious Azashig's Letter
    Tombstone of Naio-Bhefeo

Research Notes:
    Kasura's Notes
    Edited by Holger30 on August 22, 2019 3:18PM
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Holger30 wrote: »
    I'm looking for a few books again

Hearts and Flowers:
    For my beloved Kud-Nakal

Library of Incunabula:

Leave the Dragons where they lie

Mysteries and Clues:
    Enzamir's Note
    Final Letter of Sergeant Berarah
    Grandmaster Ettiene
    Grandmaster Ghelin-Brol
    Grandmaster Jaiv-Yora
    Grandmaster Vashu-Pir
    Letter to Halakaku
    Letter to Marillan
    Sealed Letter
    Searching for the Horn of Ja'darri, Part 1
    Searching for the Horn of Ja'darri, Part 2
    Searching for the Horn of Ja'darri, Part 3
    The Illustrious Azashig's Letter
    Tombstone of Naio-Bhefeo

Research Notes:
    Kasura's Notes

For My Beloved Kud-Nakal is a Murkmire lorebook connected to a side quest. If you’ve done the quest, it seems that there is no post-quest location and we’re SOL until they fix it. If you haven’t done the quest, it starts north of Ruined Village.

Kasura’s Notes is part of a forthcoming quest that is the prologue to Dragonhold. Most, if not all, of the Mysteries & Clues are as well. Sealed Letter definitely is - it’s the quest starter - and the Horn of Ja’darri is also connected to these quests. They will be available “in the coming months,” per Gina.
  • LadyMamoulian
    LadyMamoulian
    ✭✭✭
    Well now I know a bit more about the current situation: On Plunder Skulls truly is available in your factions Witch Festival entry location, my was in Glenumbra. As for the Mysteries and Clues new book entries, they will all come with the second part of Elsewyr entry quest. For my beloved Kud-Nakal letter is still unavailable for all who completed the related quest in Murkmire.
    All Library of Incunabula new books including Leave the Dragons where they lie are all available in the two new dungeons, mostly in the Lair of Maarselok, there are almost none in the Moongrave Fane. I can confim that cause I have got them all now. They are available both in Normal and VET versions of those dungs.
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    *headdesk* I have opened a ticket re: two of the books not working (in particular, Sealed Imperial Summons unreadable after the quest). I have stated from the start that I have checked on a clean ESO install (it just happened that I had to reinstall Windows from scratch, so...) with no add-ons enabled.

I got two replies. One. "Try without add-ons." After I replied that I have already stated I tried it w/o any add-ons and on a clean install, I get... "I understand you are having performance issues when trying to play ESO."

[snip]
    [edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 23, 2022 7:56PM
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    *headdesk* I have opened a ticket re: two of the books not working (in particular, Sealed Imperial Summons unreadable after the quest). I have stated from the start that I have checked on a clean ESO install (it just happened that I had to reinstall Windows from scratch, so...) with no add-ons enabled.

I got two replies. One. "Try without add-ons." After I replied that I have already stated I tried it w/o any add-ons and on a clean install, I get... "I understand you are having performance issues when trying to play ESO."

[snip]

You cannot use the Sealed Imperial Summons from the Crown Store to add it to your Lore Library if you have already done the quest. It’s a quest-starter and can no longer be used once the relevant quest is done.

The lorebook is now available in game as a readable object at Tharn’s camp in northern Grahtwood, north of Cormount, as described in the patch notes.

If you cannot read that one, it is something particular that has bugged out for you. Explain the issue again to Support so they might escalate the ticket. They follow set scripts. Repeat yourself (politely) until they do understand the issue.

Edited: grammar

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 23, 2022 7:56PM
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »

[snip]

You cannot use the Sealed Imperial Summons from the Crown Store to add it to your Lore Library if you have already done the quest. It’s a quest-starter and can no longer be used once the relevant quest is done.

The lorebook is now available in game as a readable object at Tharn’s camp in northern Grahtwood, north of Cormount, as described in the patch notes.

Edited: grammar

The ticket was opened there before that patch landed. It took them this long to reply twice. ... And I was just more "[snip]???" as to what the replies were.

(The other book it was about was Letter to Vanus, which is still unavailable.)

[edited for profanity bypass & to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 23, 2022 7:57PM
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If anyone is looking for Burnt Scripture, it’s in the top right corner of Fane of the Waning Moon (the second map in Moongrave Fane, just past the Risen Ruins stone atro boss). There is a kind of altar in the northeastern corner of the square northeastern room, and it is on the altar towards the right side.

The map: https://images.uesp.net/0/01/ON-map-Moongrave_Fane_02.jpg
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Research Notes: Kasura's Notes

Anyone has an idea where this could be?

The only encounter with/mention of Kasura so far is the main quest sequence, Valley of Blades. I have checked the Harborage, as the only logical location for a book that is related to that quest (in case it was omitted before), but nope. Neither inside, nor outside.

Besides that, would make some sense in Alik'r or Bangkorai, unless she pops up in one of the new dungeons.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Research Notes: Kasura's Notes

Anyone has an idea where this could be?

The only encounter with/mention of Kasura so far is the main quest sequence, Valley of Blades. I have checked the Harborage, as the only logical location for a book that is related to that quest (in case it was omitted before), but nope. Neither inside, nor outside.

Besides that, would make some sense in Alik'r or Bangkorai, unless she pops up in one of the new dungeons.

This is in the new prologue quests for Dragonhold. They are not accessible yet. Some people got them in the couple of hours after Scalebreaker was released, which is how we know this, but ZOS quickly cut them off and said the quests were not meant to be out yet.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I can confirm now that Reman II: The Limits of Ambition is in the Murkmire bookshelf collection. I’ve re-discovered it three times while searching for the Dead Water Riddle Fragment.

Here are the shelves I search:

Lilmoth: 5 in the crafting hall, 5 in the guild hall, 1 on a lookout point west of the guild hall, 2 in Cyrodiilic Collections (first floor), 2 in the bank

Bright-Throat Village: 1 in Tree-Minder Pavu’s Hut

3 in Wither-Vault (north of Bright-Throat, south of Root-Whisper Village)

5 in a large bookcase in a covered area south of the Dominus Fatum (access the fifth from the side of the bookcase)

12 in Teeth of Sithis delve (all in the xanmeer to the left as you enter the delve: 4 in the room dead ahead as you walk in, and 8 along the side walls of the final room if you follow the interior west and south)

10 at the end of the Echoing Hollow Ruins behind Walks Like Thunder world boss (no need to fight the boss)

1 in the Dock House in Alten Meerhleel

ETA: Dead-Water Village shelves:

Raj-Kaal's House (1 - trespassing); Bhoki's House (2); Nisswo Uaxal's House (2 - trespassing); Storage Shed (1)

There’s at least one other I know of (in a random hut near some stairs south of the Teeth of Sithis) and probably several that I’ve missed. I tend not to search locked houses or trespass areas. This isn’t meant to be exhaustive, but hopefully if you check especially the clustered shelves you should hit it hopefully sooner than later.
    Edited by virtus753 on August 26, 2019 5:43AM
  • PSNptkush
    PSNptkush
    Soul Shriven
    I still have a few books that I need help with on xbox.

1. Wanted: The Chief (Handbills, Posters and Decrees) - I know it is somewhere in the Rift but I haven't found it yet on my main toon. I have found it on one of my other toons so I know it's out there. I wish I could remember where I found it.

2. Folly of Man (Summerset Scrolls) - I know it is in the Study Hall at the Illumination Academy but I missed it on my main toon during the The Tower Sentinels Quest. Is there a post quest location for it?

Any help would be appreciated.

Wanted: The Chief is on a handbill board just outside of the fort walls of the Fort Greenwall delve.

All of the lorebooks from the Illumination Academy are still available post quest, but you need to do some rock climbing/jumping to get it done. There's a wall that can be jumped after you climb up a rock formation near the wall. If I remember correctly, the rocks and wall in question are near one of the locked doors. After you jump the wall, you can access the full quest-locked area.
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    (The other book it was about was Letter to Vanus, which is still unavailable.)

Support has told me that Letter to Vanus post-quest is located in Bangkorai Garrison. I have tried to find it, combed the place along and across several times, don't see it there. If anyone happens to be there and spots it, LMK please.

Two places I was counting on the most were the Mages' Guild "outpost" (table) where the Order of the Eye Dispatch is, or outside the southern gates where the post-quest Orders for Attius is, but nope.
  • DrScience42
    Wanted: The Chief is on a handbill board just outside of the fort walls of the Fort Greenwall delve.

All of the lorebooks from the Illumination Academy are still available post quest, but you need to do some rock climbing/jumping to get it done. There's a wall that can be jumped after you climb up a rock formation near the wall. If I remember correctly, the rocks and wall in question are near one of the locked doors. After you jump the wall, you can access the full quest-locked area.[/quote]

I found the Chief one. Thanks!

For the second one, I don't mean to question you but isn't the rock climbing/wall jumping is used to get to the Sil-Var-Woad books? I don't see how that would be used to get at the book I need at the Academy. The book in question is in the Study Hall and you can only get in there during The Tower Sentinels mainline quest.
  • DrScience42
    I apologize for the poor editing from above.
  • PSNptkush
    PSNptkush
    Soul Shriven
    For the second one, I don't mean to question you but isn't the rock climbing/wall jumping is used to get to the Sil-Var-Woad books? I don't see how that would be used to get at the book I need at the Academy. The book in question is in the Study Hall and you can only get in there during The Tower Sentinels mainline quest.

You're right. I was confusing the two locations. I was describing the zoo looking area. My fault.