The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Introducing Craglorn"

• Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anybody actually confirmed, definitively, that you can't even enter Craglorn without a group? "Specifically designed and built for groups of four players" doesn't necessarily mean "completely locked out to singles/pairs". Maybe the story or dungeons are locked to groups, but I'd like to think anyone can go and look around, even if they get killed almost immediately due to the mobs' tailoring for four players.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • jakenaftalb14a_ESO
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Has anybody actually confirmed, definitively, that you can't even enter Craglorn without a group? "Specifically designed and built for groups of four players" doesn't necessarily mean "completely locked out to singles/pairs". Maybe the story or dungeons are locked to groups, but I'd like to think anyone can go and look around, even if they get killed almost immediately due to the mobs' tailoring for four players.

I could be wrong but what I got from it is that you're going to want to bring 3 other people because the zone was BUILT for four players, not restricted to four+ players.

---

On another note, to the players concerned about the main quest being fixed before 1.1, duh. lol I'm guessing this patch wont be out for at least a month, of course you're going to be able to get to the required rank before it comes out. Zenimax isn't that daft.
    Don't feel so insulted over the most common bugs ever, chill. It's to be expected.
  • Halloween
    Halloween
    This is the official thread to discuss the blog article Introducing Craglorn.
    Can we expect cataract eyes like Hara's in the video to be released for player use in character creation with this update?
  • Xaei
    Xaei
    ✭✭✭
    I got a slight concern.

From what I understand from that video, you'll only get rewards from trials if you get a good enough position on the leaderboard. Is this true?

Doesn't that mean that no one will be able to get any rewards from the trials after a while because all positions which grant a reward have been filled by what's basically the best times possible? And doesn't that also discourage parties to take new players to try them out because then they won't be able to score high enough to get on the leaderboards?
  • Xaei
    Xaei
    ✭✭✭
    Xezzu wrote: »
    Viverim wrote: »
    My concern is if there will be new items/gear found in the zone. They say the game is "play how you want", but if the 12-man raid gives you the best items and the game has a PvP element, then if you don't do the raid you are, in effect, penalized in PvP.

To some degree, I agree. Though, if we were to say for conversations sake that they didn't offer gear, what would they offer to give incentive to do it? (that's a rhetorical question).

I can answer that question, even though its rhetorical. Cosmetic gear.

• Argurios
    Argurios
    ✭✭
    My concern is if there will be new items/gear found in the zone. They say the game is "play how you want", but if the 12-man raid gives you the best items and the game has a PvP element, then if you don't do the raid you are, in effect, penalized in PvP.

It's WoW all over again.

Get real mate, they cant have it all ways and please everyone. If you dont want to do PVE then dont. Thats your choice. If the best gear available is in a dungeon then its your loss, but its hardly penalisation. They have to make the PVE have an incentive.

You wont live or die in pvp because of those items, that every few people will have anyway. Is the gear going to be VR10? I'm not sure, but if so then its equivalent to pvp gear already available for VR10 at the pvp gear vendor in Cyrodil.

Why do pvper's always cry the most?
    " Experience is a hard mistress, she gives the test first, the lesson after... "

Argurios Ultor - Imperial Templar
    Caradoc Coldblade - Redguard Nightblade
    - Daggerfall Covenant
  • vnlouis
    vnlouis
    I haven't read the entire thread so I'm not sure if this has been suggested, but it occurs to me that the devs could at some point allow these adventures zones to scale monster health/power automatically to the groups size that is entering the zone. I'm sure it shouldn't be too difficult to achieve and I'm not necessarily suggesting this for the trials content, but it will at least open the majority of the new content to people who want to solo or go at it as a duo/three man group.
  • Xen91
    Xen91
    As far as being timed goes, is there a time limit or is it just tracked for the leader boards?
  • Xaei
    Xaei
    ✭✭✭
    vnlouis wrote: »
    I haven't read the entire thread so I'm not sure if this has been suggested, but it occurs to me that the devs could at some point allow these adventures zones to scale monster health/power automatically to the groups size that is entering the zone. I'm sure it shouldn't be too difficult to achieve and I'm not necessarily suggesting this for the trials content, but it will at least open the majority of the new content to people who want to solo or go at it as a duo/three man group.

I don't think you could really scale it sometimes though. If you got mechanics that specifically are solvable by only a 4-man group, then you can't scale that down.
  • BzzmentDwllr
    BzzmentDwllr
    Soul Shriven
    What is the exact date this content is being released?
  • lslingsby1984rwb17_ESO
    how about instead of revealing this fix the game first so people can actually finish coalharbour
  • iMarx
    iMarx
    Oh look - a new zone full of bugged quests and raid bosses that don't spawn and/or continue progression.
  • pjcnet
    pjcnet
    Sounds good, but it will be EXTREMELY important to have a good working group finder for it so players who mainly play solo don't miss out when they want to also get involved otherwise many players will feel left out and won't be happy.
  • Trouvo
    Trouvo
    ✭✭✭
    Actually anyone who has made it to 50 in less than a week will burn through content so fast that Zenimax literally cannot produce it fast enough to satisfy them. Even if they did weekly updates those kinds of people will rush through it and demand more. And really, I just can't understand how you can enjoy a game when you blast past everything in it. I mean, you can't possibly tell me that they did every quest as they rocketed up to 50.

Agreed, my friend and I just got lvl 50 this morning after 14 days, and that is with the added benefit of taking time off of work and even being able to play at work as well, and we did every single quest along the way and completed every single map along the way, even have the achievements to prove it. There were a couple bugs along the way but they were either fixed or we found a way to fix them. We are more than satisfied with the amount of content so far, and know there will be more later, we still have the other two alliances to do with our vet characters and PVP, we will probably spend more time in PVP than anything else because of how well done it is and we enjoy it.

We also found the game is 10x more enjoyable if you actually listen to the quests and pay attention to what is going on, which I should note I did on every single quest, I didnt skip any dialogue aside from some that i had heard so many times before in Beta.
    Bloodline|RP Guild|Ebonheart Pact
  • Kaeldorn
    Kaeldorn
    ✭✭✭
    It seems to me that having tanky characters might prove to be a disadvantage with those timed challenges. Sure, dying will influence your "final time," so survival will help you get better times. But if you can manage to complete those dungeons going all out on damage dealing while still avoiding casualties, you will score better times than having a group that relies on an awesome reliable damage-soaking tank and great conservative use of healing or the application of kiting tactics to deftly avoid incoming damage. It may well be all about the DPS.
  • Daethz
    Daethz
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to see more single player completable content.
    But any content is nice.
    Waiting, and watching, for the return of Melee Weapons.
    -Subsidiary of The Fighters Guild
  • afecelis
    afecelis
    Looks nice, but why so oriented to groups? Finding a group that embraces you for a series of quests is hard. Why not create areas for us solo players who enjoy questing and exploring without the stress of having to ask others to group. People usually reject party requests.
    ps. or implement a "henchies" system a la guildwars 1, this way you can recruit a group of bots to do the quests.
    Edited by afecelis on April 13, 2014 1:42PM
  • CASP3R421
    CASP3R421
    ✭✭✭
    afecelis wrote: »
    Looks nice, but why so oriented to groups? Finding a group that embraces you for a series of quests is hard. Why not create areas for us solo players who enjoy questing and exploring without the stress of having to ask others to group. People usually reject party requests.
    ps. or implement a "henchies" system a la guildwars 1, this way you can recruit a group of bots to do the quests.

a henchman system could be nice for those who cant find or dont want a group, but if implemented i would want to see a serious xp cut. like only getting half of what a real group would get. otherwise it would only further discourage grouping.

My Alt is a Mer

Due to the excessive amount of bait that we had to remove, this thread will remain closed
  • afecelis
    afecelis
    CASP3R421 wrote: »
    a henchman system could be nice for those who cant find or dont want a group, but if implemented i would want to see a serious xp cut. like only getting half of what a real group would get. otherwise it would only further discourage grouping.
    I totally, 100% agree. :smile:
  • Sallakat
    Sallakat
    ✭✭✭
    I really don't get why ppl are whining about maybe not getting into Craglorn solo and about ppl who do the trials, that get good leaderboard timing and therefor get special gear. Like wtf, there's usually always some content in MMO games that do the same: need a group to do certain content and gain gear that you can't buy from vendors. That's just how it is and whining is just annoying to me, especially if it comes from ppl that want to play an MMO game solo only...
    There is lots of solo stuff available anyways and there will be updates coming along in the future. I'm personally actually glad that there would be group only area/gear/whatever for people that wanna EARN it by doing different things.

And when it comes to unemployed ppl or whatever getting in more play time to grind themselves to the top of the leaderboard... c'mon people. There will be organised guilds and groups with really talented players at the top of the leaderboard including people that also have jobs and lives to live. It's about organisation and how you manage it as well as player skills, not about people having more time cos they're at home all day every day for whatever reason.

I'm psyched as hell about Craglorn, the video was awesome, really can't wait! I'm veteran level 3 atm and working my way thru the ebonheart area (I'm dominion myself) and gaining veteran points nicely all the time so VT10 is in the horizon for sure :) Just need to wait till more guildies get to veteran levels and then starting a raid structure as well after all this leveling frenzy lol ^^
    Rebuilt - Aldmeri Dominion

Kaia Linnea - templar
    Ruusu - sorcerer
    Aino - nightblade
  • repflope
    repflope
    When I first got to see the announcement video I was like "WTH are they serious?" The game is in seriously ill state with several bugs that cause stucks in progress. Portals not working unless you relog. And you are happy to announce raid instance? Can we expect it to work as well of the rest of the game is? I know that there are tons of power players that expect content but I am sure that many people tire out before reaching enough high to access this.
  • repflope
    repflope
    Mopar63 wrote: »
    I tell you what if this is what we are going to see and Zenimax can deliver new content like this every couple of months I will gladly pay $15 a month.

That €15 should also include, maintenance and bug fixes. I won't pay any extra for them. New content also means new bugs.

• repflope
    repflope
    Travis wrote: »
    Personally, I can't wait for Craglorn, I think adventure zones really have some good potential and I love ZOS's commitment to continuous content updates. I also really like the timed aspect, even though I won't be competing for the leaderboards I'm sure many people will be, and I think it's a great way to continually push the limits of your character.

And to everyone complaining they made Craglorn while there are still other bugs, a little reminder about how bad an MMO launch usually is..
    http://www.craveonline.com/gaming/articles/562729-top-5-worst-mmo-launches-in-history-ffxiv-wow#/slide/1

Being part of AO and WoW launch myself even AO had dozen of rollbacks as did WoW there was less game breaking bugs. In ESO we had progress stoppers, immersion breakers, quests including instance quests that did not run well. Being part of AO first launch I thought it was the worst but to be honest I think that ESO takes the jackpot sorry.

• Atreidus
    Atreidus
    ✭✭✭
    sorry dbl post. irritating dbl thread
    Edited by Atreidus on April 14, 2014 11:26PM
  • kemp.garretub17_ESO1
    When is craglorn coming out
  • redwall
    redwall
    update looks great
  • militaryman_45ub17_ESO
    ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME ESO LOL MORE 4 PLAYER CONTENT THIS IS A JOKE.......
  • redwall
    redwall
    ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME ESO LOL MORE 4 PLAYER CONTENT THIS IS A JOKE.......

whats wrong lol

• Toranaga
    Toranaga
    Soul Shriven
    Does anyone else think that some other places in Tamriel not covered in ESO should be Adventure zones? A few suggestions would be:

1.Vvardenfell
    Ripe with Ashlands and the biggest Volcano in Tamriel, Vvardenfell could be an adventure zone with tons upon tons of Dwemer centric quests. Since every province has essentially a "capital" city, ( Vulkhel Guard, Davon's watch, Riften, etc ), Vivec City could be perfect for such a thing. Ashalnders, Cliff racers, VIVEC HIMSELF, it could be awesome.

2.Black Marsh
    In the Ebonheart Pact, the only part of Black Marsh you could visit would be the Northern, more Dunmer influenced part of the area, though this zone could take place in the deep marsh, the "capital" city could me Limoth, a city right on the southern coast that has always been "civilized" in some way due to its trade opportunities. Huge bugs and parasites, disease and even the HIST, I could only imagine slicing through jungle overgrowth with my trusty machete, wading through dangerous swamp water with my comrades.

3.Elsweyr
    With many cities to call its capital, Rimmen, Riverhold, etc. Elsweyr could be an interesting spot for an adventure zone due to the presence of plague there, as well as Dunmer slavers. Since Khajiit aren't part of the Ebonheart pact, you could and do still see Khajiit slaves milling about in Morrowind for their slavemasters. Fantabulouus dunes and great jungles, Elsweyr has a lot of potential.

4.The Reach
    With its abundance of wild tribesmen and rocky landscape, the player(s) can experience a land of rolling hills and wild tribals who worship hagravens, seeking nothing more than to brutally murder them. We can explore a conflict between the Covenant, and the Pact battling against each other over the lands control, with the reach men quite literally in the middle, race and geography wise.

But anyways, those are my humble ideas for future adventure zones, and I hope Zenimax takes notice.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WyeVxndzz wrote: »
    MorHawk wrote: »
    You're certainly entitled to your opinions, you just have to forgive peoples' understandable incredulity that you're apparently so fixated on single-player gameplay in an MMO.

MMO means more than one person playing the game at the same time. It in no way requires that you team up with others. This argument has always left me particularly unmoved and isn't terribly logical. And I'm not fixated on it. I am simply pointing out that one aspect of the upgrade is lacking. Why do I need to make comment on group play when group play is what the add-on is obviously all about? Or are you someone who thinks Forum threads should only be loaded with fanboy jubilation?

On the whole I enjoy ESO. The game is quite superior. But there are elements which I think can be improved, and if asked then I will put my own thoughts forward so that, should these comments be read by anyone taking feedback, they might be considered in the future.

As for the new content, which is the actual focus of the thread, while it has nice visuals I don't expect I will ever get to enjoy much of it for, as was pointed out earlier, joining a group necessitates moving at the group speed. No time to sit and look around. Probably no time to collect material nodes. No option to take off in a random direction and simply see what's over the next hill. To me, this is highly limiting, and therefore I remain underwhelmed by what has been revealed so far.

Join a guild.
    You can ignore them 90% of the time and when you need something there's a pool of people you've selected for whatever shared interest or reason you picked that particular guild - problem solved. Search for a PVE, light social guild. Time to go to the place you can't solo? Bring up that guild chat window you keep hidden and ask for a group of like minded explorers.
    This, I say finding an good guild makes an mmo far better.
    And I have done plenty of dungeons, here is a tips, don't take the shortcut out, go back the same way and you can relax, loot and look at stuff, usually the group even forget lots of chests. Added benefit is that you learn the layout better for the next time.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.