Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I think it's time for class change tokens ...

SirAndy
SirAndy
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
With all the recent changes to so many classes i think a class change token for the crown store is in order.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler please make it happen!
pray.gif

• Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It will never happen. They already went the scumbag route of skill points and skill lines in the crown store, which will make them significantly more money as plenty of fools will buy that crap.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Starlock wrote: »
    It will never happen. They already went the scumbag route of skill points and skill lines in the crown store, which will make them significantly more money as plenty of fools will buy that crap.

All they have to do is crunch the numbers and put a price-tag on the class change tokens that is competitive.
    shades.gif

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering Zos was pretty much aware of the changes they intended when they seemed to indicate they were not interested in making such changes possible I doubt they will head the suggestion.

I am not arguing. As one minimally impacted by the faction locks being reinstated I still felt Zos would have made faction change possible since they themselves made us think it was ok to have play multiple factions for a couple years then shut the door.

But Zos has one big issue. They fail to think things through on an epic level. Remember that their original brain child with CP was we could all have the full 3600 points and expected the average player to reach that cap in less than two years. It just shows how little thought they give these changes considering they saw us on the PTS pawning trial content. It would be laughable if it was not for the guy running the show is experienced with MMORPGs this is his vision of management.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How would you propose handling the class skill limes? Should they keep the pre-change values and skill point assignment, the way that racial passives do when changing race?

Because it seems odd to me to have fully leveled skill lines and morphs available for class skill lines never played, but it would seem unfair to start class lines at 0 if your character was fully leveled before.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    In the 5 years game has been out, every class except necro had their "glory days".
    If you want to metahop so badly just level one of each class, i hear skyreach runs are real cheap this time o year.
    On the classes i want to play both stam and mag, but cant be bothered to lvl 2toons, i just go Imperial, its a safe bet for both especially for necro and warden.
    Edited by Firstmep on August 15, 2019 4:04AM
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »
    In the 5 years game has been out, every class except necro had their "glory days".
    If you want to metahop so badly just level one of each class, i hear skyreach runs are real cheap this time o year.
    On the classes i want to play both stam and mag, but cant be bothered to lvl 2toons, i just go Imperial, its a safe bet for both especially for necro and warden.
    I've had one of each class since launch. In fact, i've had 4 mains since launch and now have 5, spanning 5 classes.

You are completely missing the point though ...
    smile.gif

• master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Class change tokens does not exist, but class destroy tokens exists in the patch.
  • gronoxvx
    gronoxvx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or just level up an alt?
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It’s so easy to just level an alt and that way you don’t have to hand over cash to ZOS for these class change tokens you’re proposing...
  • AbysmalGhul
    AbysmalGhul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I propose a "Patch Change" token. For the low cost of Eleventy-Billion crowns, you can purchase a token and use it to stay in your favorite patch

*Edit* You must complete the previous patches and have raged on the forums about it to unlock this feature*
    Edited by AbysmalGhul on August 15, 2019 9:34AM
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    With all the recent changes to so many classes i think a class change token for the crown store is in order.

pray.gif

I don't even know what I'd swap to...? Also the issue with this is while one class you have skills all unlocked and the morphs leveled, the new classs may not have morphs leveled? Who knows
    Daggerfall Covenant:Casterial Stamplar || Casterial DK || Availed NB || Castyrial Sorc || Spooky Casterial Necro
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Combat Is Clunky | Cyordiil Fixes

Kill Counter Developer
    For the Daggerfall Covenant
    The Last Chillrend Empress
    Animation Cancelling
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

pray.gif

sadly not happening :(
  • Van_Winkle
    Van_Winkle
    ✭✭✭✭

pray.gif

If they give us this thing, after few hours Eso will become "Elder mana-templars online" xD
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4c12bec303a674c68018d9885aed1927.png
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on August 15, 2019 10:23AM
  • Icy_Waffles
    Icy_Waffles
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why? All classes pretty much play the same now.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. Level a new class if you want to play that. Your class isn’t OP anymore? Oh, that’s why you played it and not because you wanted to play the class itself.

Every 3 months these changes happen so you want to class change four times a year because of necessary balancing adjustments?
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed. Come on zos. Do what you do best. The crown store.
    I have some money.
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

pray.gif

Yeah I agree.

They should have class change tokens to begin with. But considering all the sweeping changes they routinely make to how classes function they ought to be mandatory at this point.
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Starlock wrote: »
    Indeed, P2W by anyone's definition (except those wanting to provide ZOS an alibi).
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jeremy wrote: »
    They should have class change tokens to begin with. But considering all the sweeping changes they routinely make to how classes function they ought to be mandatory at this point.

Just think of how many tokens they could sell after each update!
    unsure.gif

• AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I won't play a necromancer because I suspect I will not like it for rp reasons. However, if I did try one, I'd give it a very fair, full evaluation before deciding. That means Undaunted 9, Vigor if stam, FG/MG 10, 60/60/60 horse, crafting perks to extend potion/food durations, complete at least the game's main quest, and (oh yeah) over level 50 with class/weapon skills fully leveled. That is NOT 'power leveling to 50 by running the Alikr dolmen train for a week'; rather, it represents half a year invested. A big reason I am so reluctant to start a new character down this road to evaluate their class is the possibility that, after a full and fair evaluation, I decide I don't like the class. That is when a class change token would be appropriate. Also, class change tokens don't hurt/affect (or are any business) of other players.

Tldr: Class change tokens would encourage me to try new classes that I 'might' not like rather than simply avoid the class.
    Edited by AcadianPaladin on August 15, 2019 3:40PM
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Dinokstrun
    Dinokstrun
    ✭✭✭
    4c12bec303a674c68018d9885aed1927.png

Damn it I was hoping for a locust to empty those magsorc dwellings :'(
  • Gariele
    Gariele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The “level an alt” answer is kinda weak. I have 15 and still wish class change was a thing. But since account wide achievements are not a thing you are forced to just do everything on one class and after awhile it can get a bit boring. Make them expensive or like a 6 month cooldown. Something. My main is a MagPlar btw
    PC/EU
    Winter Rose Autumn Rose Summer Rose Pacific Rose Midnight Rose
    RoseESO Discord
    RoseESO Website
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That means Undaunted 9, Vigor if stam, FG/MG 10, 60/60/60 horse, crafting perks to extend potion/food durations, complete at least the game's main quest, and (oh yeah) over level 50 with class/weapon skills fully leveled. That is NOT 'power leveling to 50 by running the Alikr dolmen train for a week'; rather, it represents half a year invested.

Exactly ...
    sad2.gif

• Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jeremy wrote: »

Just think of how many tokens they could sell after each update!
    unsure.gif

lol, probably a lot.
  • Runkorko
    Runkorko
    ✭✭✭✭✭

pray.gif

No game i know offer class change.
    Dont be laazy please. 1-50 is like 5h grind.
  • Gariele
    Gariele
    ✭✭✭✭✭

pray.gif

No game i know offer class change.
    Dont be laazy please. 1-50 is like 5h grind.

It’s not about how easy it is to level a new character. Some people barely have the time for one. But if wanting to enjoy the game is hard for you to understand you’re probably one that screams “L2P” or the PvP version “Go to 7 day”.
    PC/EU
    Winter Rose Autumn Rose Summer Rose Pacific Rose Midnight Rose
    RoseESO Discord
    RoseESO Website
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can get Undaunted, Alliance skill lines and everything else you need for a freshly grinded level 50.

You think they'll just do a class change token and do themselves out of money?
    PC EU
  • GallantGuardian
    GallantGuardian
    ✭✭✭✭
    This ruined dcuo it will surely ruin this game

I’m not saying I don’t wanna be another class on my main ... tanking would be a lot easier on a warden and I don’t have the energy to really throw my time into another character. I have alts but I’m not doing all that work over again

That said on dcuo when they started letting us power change ... that’s when the “flavor of the month classes” started happening every 3 months a new class/power set got “updated” and was leaps and bounds better than any of the other classes/power sets

So my vote is no

Balance or the hope of balance would go out the window in favor of easy cash
  • MyKillv2.0
    MyKillv2.0
    ✭✭✭✭✭

pray.gif

Or how about we go the FFXIV route, make it so that you can switch between classes on the same character?