Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cast time ulti's

Ozazz
Ozazz
✭✭✭✭
Cast time time to ulti's isn't good for the game!

Cast time ulti's 108 votes

Revert Ulti's to their original state/Thus respecting skill and making the game more fluent!
89%
hunterleedixon_ESOkaithuzarRikumaruKoensolRMerlinWycksreActor1olsborgrobboliciousDukeDiewalkerRagnaroek93kollege14a5DerAlleinTigerDerraChaosWotanAsh_In_My_SujammaTazzocC0L0SSUSVaohdan-o92 97 votes
You don't mind their current state!
10%
GilvothCheloShareeFermianXvorgBobby_V_RockitAnyronRagnarock41Only_ZeusMartiemerdagot63 11 votes
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "respecting skill"

A skilled player will still be skilled, even with cast time on ultis.
  • Ozazz
    Ozazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Revert Ulti's to their original state/Thus respecting skill and making the game more fluent!
    you do realize this is the equivalent of saying sorcerer shield cast time's are a great idea!
    when you keep standardizing skill gaps in a game, in the pursuit of trying to appeal to less skilled players. At the end of the day you will not be left with much of a game!
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »
    "respecting skill"

No argument there but what kind of argument is that? It’s nothing to do with skill. It’s everything to do with combat being slowed down and feeling clunky.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    "respecting skill"

No argument there but what kind of argument is that? It’s nothing to do with skill. It’s everything to do with combat being slowed down and feeling clunky.

<shrug> take that up with the poster of the thread. I was just reacting to what he wrote.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    "respecting skill"

<shrug> take that up with the poster of the thread. I was just reacting to what he wrote.

I think they’re just saying that putting cast times on ult was a way of lowering the ceiling thereby limiting the ability for player skill to factor into the outcome of a fight. That’s what they mean by “respecting skill.”
  • Ozazz
    Ozazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Vapirko not trying to be disrespectful but i don't think this player has that much pvp experience!
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ozazz wrote: »
    @Vapirko not trying to be disrespectful but i don't think this player has that much pvp experience!

About four years more than you.
  • Ozazz
    Ozazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    doubt it, to play 4 years of eso and not realize there's a skill gap in pvp and to naively say GoOd PLaYeRs WiLl OvErCOmE aNyTiNg!!!! even though that cast time on your ulti gets you killed or that cast time on shields gets you killed, Give my brain a break!
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cast times on ults was a terrible change. With the long delay on dawnbreaker for example it actually made it harder to secure kills in my experience so far. And that makes no sense, an ultimate ability that makes it harder to get a kill when you use it lol.

This change just lowered the skill ceiling for no reason.
  • Naftal
    Naftal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another loaded poll.
  • Ozazz
    Ozazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    zos fix your game!
  • Vermethys
    Vermethys
    ✭✭✭✭
    Laughs in DK

Though I did test a few ultimates on my StamSorc. Dawnbreaker feels okay since it's a conal AoE and easy to land, but Onslaught feels straight up weird. I imagine Incap probably feels the same way.
    PC EU CP1400+
    In-game Username: Vermilion98

Characters & Builds
    Edith Geonette [DC Imperial Sorcerer] (AR28)
    Gorgo Aendovius [AD Imperial Dragonknight] (AR28)

My Builds:
  • Abhaya
    Abhaya
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vermethys wrote: »
    Laughs in DK

Though I did test a few ultimates on my StamSorc. Dawnbreaker feels okay since it's a conal AoE and easy to land, but Onslaught feels straight up weird. I imagine Incap probably feels the same way.

Feels the same to me. I switched back to DB from onslaught just because it feels so much more reliable to land. Also, idk who the genius was that thought it was a good idea to increase the knockback on dizzy swing because it literally puts your target out of range if you aren't completely up their ass making it more difficult to land the onslaught combo. This makes DB even more appealing since it will still land if they already broke free and try to dodge.
    Abhaya - PC NA - Ebonheart Pact
    Stam Sorc 2-Hand / Bow Build: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=169103
  • Ozazz
    Ozazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    incap is ruined
  • Royalthought
    Royalthought
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    incap is ruined

Looking at the past few patches in seems that's the goal for the nightblade class in general.
  • Ozazz
    Ozazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    yup giving it the sorc treatment and that's when i bounce!
  • CambionDaemon
    CambionDaemon
    ✭✭✭
    Not a fan of cast times on anything let only on Ultimates, but then I think that Ultimates should have extremely high costs (400+) across the board and have insane damage/utility.
  • Scamh
    Scamh
    ✭✭✭
    Hitting an ult feels insanely clunky. It's not fun, it's just super, super frustrating.
    The Upside Down (Stamplar) - Osaka Sewers X (Stamblade) - A Scanner Darkly (Magblade) - Taylor Swiftborn (Stam sorc)
  • Ozazz
    Ozazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    you can't animation cancel thus you cant clear a rotation efficiently, zos plz fix your game!
  • WaltherCarraway
    WaltherCarraway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bleed: L2HoT
    Damage shield: L2specshatteringblowcp

Magicka DoT: wawawawawawa all those inferior players are carried nerf (soul trap is stupid and tedious af btw)
    Ultimate cast time: wawawawawawa stomprofl around an object getting harder nerf

lol
    Back from my last hiatus. 2021 a new start.
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bleed: L2HoT
    Damage shield: L2specshatteringblowcp

Magicka DoT: wawawawawawa all those inferior players are carried nerf (soul trap is stupid and tedious af btw)
    Ultimate cast time: wawawawawawa stomprofl around an object getting harder nerf

lol

Ever heard of chicken little
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    doubt it, to play 4 years of eso and not realize there's a skill gap in pvp and to naively say GoOd PLaYeRs WiLl OvErCOmE aNyTiNg!!!! even though that cast time on your ulti gets you killed or that cast time on shields gets you killed, Give my brain a break!
    yup giving it the sorc treatment and that's when i bounce!

some come to eso, enjoy it for a short time, then come to the forums and insult the developers and us seasoned players and then leave the game to never return.
    while we long timers continue killing other players and having fun and learning and staying in practice daily in pvp, just as we have for the past 5+ years.
    that tells me that we are not as stupid as we are being told we are, and also tells me we do know how to play and we do what we can to learn from the changes and adapt and learn.
  • Ozazz
    Ozazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    my brain hurts!
  • Ozazz
    Ozazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't say polls are always accurate, but A poll that leads over 90% speaks for itself in this case. especially right after a patch
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Actually its not like with all the lag ppl can easily react to these ultis anyway.
    I can cancel my fat db if i see my target moves out of range, but thats it.
    Its really annoying to get used to not cancelling the ult, when almost everything else i do i cancel.
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To the player running around with 35k health and 250 ping this change probably doesn’t change much of anything. To the player running a higher performance precision medium armor build this change is down right awful.
  • Ozazz
    Ozazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    you didn't hear the news? that player you described is the only kind of players zos cares about?
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sometimes quality matters over quantity it seems. :neutral:
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

Sometimes quality matters over quantity it seems. :neutral:

Well at least i'm not stalking others through threads just to post cheap ad hominem jabs.
  • Ozazz
    Ozazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    fix your game zos