The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Cast time ulti's

• katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Revert Ulti's to their original state/Thus respecting skill and making the game more fluent!
    Calculating fractions of a second instead of whole numbers is what makes the servers so laggy.

My guess is that there is 400ms average latency from client to server, and ZOS thinks adding that much cast time will hide the lag. On the plus side you can interrupt incap and onslaught now. You can also cancel them if you see your target start to roll or block.
  • DukeDiewalker
    DukeDiewalker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Revert Ulti's to their original state/Thus respecting skill and making the game more fluent!
    We don't want casttimes on all these ultimates for the same reason why people complained about the clunky mechanic of Uppercut, why Magsorc mains cried about the shield casttimes and why everyone hated the Murkmire patch where combat was artifically slowed down by too many slows and no proper slow immunity.

ESO is the best MMO out there BECAUSE of its fluent gameplay.
  • RMerlin
    RMerlin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil Lag + cast time + people running around with Swift and other speed buffs = good luck landing Dawnbreaker in PvP, unless it`s a raid standing still on a flag.
  • Ozazz
    Ozazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    quick revert asap
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think we’ve already established that cast time ULTs are awful. We’ve also established that ZOS doesn’t listen to us or care what we think.
  • Ozazz
    Ozazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    just keeping the post relevant as i will until they revert :)
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is this a trick question?
    Edited by jcm2606 on August 16, 2019 2:28PM
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wonder how many clowns who voted the "revert ulti's to original state" option also asked for animation cancelling to be removed. I remember those polls being way closer.
  • Heatnix90
    Heatnix90
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cast times are a terrible addition and should be reverted ASAP. I'm honestly surprised this change even made it to live given the huge amount of backlash over it.
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cast time on ults SHOULD stay if the ult is really powerful (like Onslaught or Dawny) but it SHOULD NOT be on class ults, period. And why only NB has it and not all (except DK, because he has cast time built-in already). Crescent, Collosus and Negate is not powerful enough?

From the other side, ult-feinting is a new skill factor now to rob defender out of resources and it feels fun.
    Edited by robpr on August 16, 2019 5:40PM
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No competitive PvP player wants cast times on ultimates.
  • Ozazz
    Ozazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    fix your game zos, Fyi unsubbed!
    Edited by Ozazz on August 20, 2019 11:47PM
  • Somnilux
    Somnilux
    ✭✭✭
    The cast time on Soul Siphon is problematic. Not because it makes it longer to go off (it always had a delay), but the fact is with the server response in cyrodiil being slow you cant really cast it while moving like you used to be able to. I have to stop in place, hit ult a couple times, wait and then the animation goes off.

Its not good. I will adjust but its kind of dumb for something meant to be an emergency heal on a highly mobile class.
    Luxe Khanna - AD, Rank 49 Argonian Magblade Healer
    Crystala Khanna - AD, Rank 40 Khajiit Stamplar
    Guilds: Fantasia, Dominant Dominion.
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The meme goes on...
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • evoniee
    evoniee
    ✭✭✭✭
    all stamblade ulti is a meme rn,
    death stroke, dawnbreaker, berserker strike, - meme (0,4sec)
    shoul shred, lacerate - extra spicy meme (0,5sec)

while magsorc roast us with their ulti
    while magtemplar steamrolled with better burst + lockdown

meme game
  • Ozazz
    Ozazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    id agree, but the solution is not to add more cast time to other class ulti's , it's to revert all. they literally about gutted incap prior with the defile befoul nerf then this patch they add insult to injury as an attempt to utterly make it non viable . which they succeeded!
  • Ozazz
    Ozazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please listen to the community and experienced players when addressing this, this a critical downward slope that is
    threatening to the entirety of the original pvp system thas zos has had in place.

It just one more radical flaw, as many that will make vet's or original players stray away from the game as it continuously
    diminishes patch to patch!

As a game developer it shows no back bone or concrete foundation in regard to the original pvp design, leading people ultimately to conclude that developers are not that well educated when proposing change as they might implement anything that is radical that isn't healthy for the people that built this community.

It seems the game is struggling for the to release free dlc to possibly revitalize pvp/community with this latest patch, Ironically!

Horrible dot meta, compensated Templar over the top breaking the class, & the worse change to the pvp design to date= cast time to ulti's. other than shield cast time's that almost mad it live.
    GET A GRIP!