Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Calls for single target dots nerf already begun...smh

• ProbablePaul
    ProbablePaul
    ✭✭✭✭
    This whole finger pointing thing gets old :/

The developers are changing the game and balancing for PvP, because it's a PvP game. Stop blaming people who participate in PvP for changes to the game you don't like. Why not instead formulate a reasonable argument as to why a skill's changes are bad in relation to an example you provide? That's what I see PvPers and PvEers doing, which is more productive than complaining about complaining.
    Tattooo wrote: »
    pvpers ALWAYS complain and ruin pve fun in the process - why everyone snd their mom wants a seperation between the two groups...but zos keeps pushing it and pushing it until....

What´re you even saying ruining the fun in PVE ? PVE is *** easy, there´s no challenge in it...

And if they try to make it challenging, they´ll just add random ass oneshot mechanics or defiles, which aren´t fun : )

This is a good point... what exactly is being ruined for PvEers by these changes? I noticed some PvE players have mentioned bringing 8 stamcros into trials; do y'all PvE DPS that don't have stamcro leveled have to go level it now? Is that what makes you mad? If so, that has nothing to do with PvP.
    Bosmer Melee Magicka Nightblade
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm always amused with threads about people complaining about people complaining. As if there crying somehow is more relevant than others without providing any valid arguement.

As far as the subject at hand goes, try running solo then tell me how you feel about the dot meta until then this thread is just a meme.

Btw: the call for single target dot nerf started a month ago when pts began, but as usual Zos did not listen so you will see yet another patch cycle with a decreased player base.
  • BRogueNZ
    BRogueNZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what was that skill.. ah that's right purge.. :trollface:
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    BRogueNZ wrote: »

Yes, works so well when you have 15+ status effects on you.

• MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not just add a condition to Battle Spirit that reduces the damage of every additional DoT by 30% or something.

You can't nerf DoTs in PvE since magicka characters already suck, and a nerf would push them to the point where they can't even complete content anymore.

This is of course assuming that they are even overtuned and that it isn't just a L2P issue.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on August 13, 2019 1:21AM
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pvpers ALWAYS complain and ruin pve fun in the process - why everyone snd their mom wants a seperation between the two groups...but zos keeps pushing it and pushing it until....

What´re you even saying ruining the fun in PVE ? PVE is *** easy, there´s no challenge in it...

And if they try to make it challenging, they´ll just add random ass oneshot mechanics or defiles, which aren´t fun : )

Please share a video of you clearing vSS HM.
  • Gaggin
    Gaggin
    ✭✭✭✭
    They really need to revert some of these changes, and quick. I do a lot of pvp and pve, no fun having the same skill on your bar for all toons. The complaints aren't about balance, they're about not having options. Variety is the spice of life they say, and if that's true then this game is dying for sure.
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    99% of PvP Nerf Calls could be solved if far more players did one of two things:
    1) Man up and accept sometimes the other guy is just better than you.
    2) L2P

Then there'd be no need for the Nerf-Go-Round to continue, and maybe they could start fixing genuine bugs and performance issues.

All The Best

3) zos stops being so friggan stubborn and balance pvp seperate from pve and use battle spirit as the tweaking buff/nerf to adjust high powered skills so they don't become op as hell and get nerfed. Skill does 10k dmg in pve awesome solid balanced skill... same skill does 10k in pvp op imbalanced... logic nerf skill to 3k damage for pve so it can do 3k in pvp...

Ooooooorrrr battle spirit causes that 10k skill to do 3k in pvp and pve gets left the f*** alone and the pvpers are happy and the pvers aren't scrapping entire builds because of lazy incompetence...
  • ShadowProc
    ShadowProc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PVP players will always cry and whine if its not one things its another. Would be nice if ZOS would stop screwing the game for majority of us for the sake of minority.

Lmao. Screwing up the game? You mean by making it take a little longer to kill mindless zombies? You can’t be serious. PVE literally gets more boring every patch.

• ShadowProc
    ShadowProc
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Seriously? So now balance the game around something that probably 1% of the game can do?
  • BRogueNZ
    BRogueNZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sanctum74 wrote: »

welcome to exaggerators anonymous
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

New to pvp? It's very common to have your screen filled up with status effects and debuffs, but yeah that cute little purge will save you.

• therift
    therift
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I thought all the PvErs unsubbed and deleted the game back when Morrowind dropped because the changes to sustain killed the game.

Y'all had streamers publishing meltdowns and even a 'toon' funeral, lmao.

Yet here y'all are still playing and still bellyaching, despite dps parses north of 100k and new PvE content to play every 90 days.

Smdh.

• BRogueNZ
    BRogueNZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭

New to pvp? It's very common to have your screen filled up with status effects and debuffs, but yeah that cute little purge will save you.

nothing new about that, it was expected to save me before
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This whole finger pointing thing gets old :/

The developers are changing the game and balancing for PvP, because it's a PvP game.

It really isn't.

• StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    99% of PvP Nerf Calls could be solved if far more players did one of two things:
    2) L2P

Then there'd be no need for the Nerf-Go-Round to continue, and maybe they could start fixing genuine bugs and performance issues.

All The Best

1/ Okay so I'm supposed to "man up" and accept that people are better than me because they can just sit back 28m away and spam 2 hard hitting dots (entropy and soul trap) while I'm fighting someone that actually has the balls to face me head on? Please tell me you're kidding..

2/ Please tell me how you're going to counter 2+ players spamming entropy and soul trap that deal ~1.6k dmg each from 28m away while you're fighting others. Don't tell me to slot purge because it's unrealistic to sacrifice 1 bar slot for a skill that costs 5k magicka just to cleanse 3 dots that can be immediately reapplied. Don't tell me to play a templar, or switch up my build. If a skill or a mechanic forces me to switch up my entire build just to counter it, then there is a real problem at hand.
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:
    Static Wave - AD stamsorc

• Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    suuuuuuuuure dots are not OP.....

only running 4 dots not execute no spammable.

olumo.png

U can use anything with low levels players and then end up showing high score run
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

olumo.png

You clearly are mad you got killed by it sir. Has nothing to do with it being absolutely horrible gameplay.
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    chris211 wrote: »
    good luck adapting when you have 20k entropy's stacking on you totally balanced game play

you called for the sorc nerf this is the response you cant have it both ways.
    also all classes get nerfed so the perceived OP of single target DoTs is a direct result of those nerfs
    moral of the story careful what you wish for and as i have been told many times in the last 12hrs git gud :)
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    chris211 wrote: »
    good luck adapting when you have 20k entropy's stacking on you totally balanced game play

Seems like L2P issue also OP is again theory crafting!
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ShadowProc wrote: »

Seriously? So now balance the game around something that probably 1% of the game can do?

Read the quote chain before responding. Thanks.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on August 13, 2019 3:51AM
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dude dont you get it? IT WILL NOT STOP UNTIL THE SERVERS ARE SHUT DOWN, and even then someone will run a discussion thread for ppl to cry about nerfs that they think would have saved the game. This community is toxic to its core
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hard to believe that zos actually standardize things based on pure math when in release patch, which they always says contain no changes to prevent balance switches, they just suddenly give 40% healing buff to Vigor just coz forum warriors triggered. It like dropping in the trash bin 5 weeks of pts tests, ruin intended standardization of Regeneration=Vigor.
    That easily abandoned skill audit just to kite for people whine..
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When nerfing DOTs don't forget to nerf rending slash and poison injection, both are at the same level as entropy/soul trap ;)

mandricus wrote: »

I know of more players who have left ESO precisely because every patch is a complete "rebuild your toon from the ground up" experience than any other reason.

After a patch such as this you need to relearn your class almost entirely, that will most likely require a complete re-gear with new sets, new traits, new glyphs.

A massive resource and often time investment to do what?
    Get back to being 90% as effective as we were before the patch.
    I'm sorry, that is NOT interesting - it is insulting.

So true.
    Speaking about myself: 8 fully leveled toon (all the skill points and skill lines needed, undaunted and Psijic included), all with golded gear. I do mostly PvP / battlegrounds.
    1 build (Mag Sorc) was nerfed some patch ago when the shields took the first huge hit. I let it rot because I have other 7 toons to play, so who cares? The others were fine.
    Now this patch, due to the builds / sets I was using, butchered my StamDK, my StamDen and my MagDk. My Magplar took a hit due to the pirate skeleton nerf but i guess it can be ok, I just need to find another monster set. My Stamplar took also a huge hit due to cleansing ritual increased cost. Only 2 are left almost untouched (because of the builds I was using) in a good functional state (Stamblade & Stamsorc). Just this can be enough to consider the idea of quitting the game. Moreover, the idea of having to rebuild from scratch at least 3 of my toons (this makes me so sad, boy I was having lot of fun with them), having to grind again for gear and for mats to gold out everything makes me seriously consider the idea of just quitting the game. I just can't bear such a grind anymore.
    I don't know if someone consider this "horizontal progression" fun. Not me for sure.

When you run cheese builds what do you expect? My setup is just slightly adjusted every patch and is still ok since... well I can't even remember how long I am using it.

Dots became suddenly meta especially for mag toons which were starved for this type of skills (stamina classes already had strong bleeds, poisons etc.), if these are going to be nerfed as I mentioned above, don't forget to nerf rending and poison injection to. Then I won't care, you can nerf dots into the ground or leave them as they are, most players will just adapt.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Or ZOS could get smart and not listen to the whining.

I think this forum seriously overestimates how much emphasis is put on the feedback here. I doubt it provides more than a few ideas of what to look into. They'd have a huge array of data from which to identify skills, builds and gear that over perform.
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    2) L2P

All The Best

Took this screenshot from a discord. Does this look like a l2p issue to you?

20190812195237_1.jpg

"I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • mandricus
    mandricus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

olumo.png

Can I have your build? :smiley:
  • CynicK
    CynicK
    ✭✭✭
    Is magica that scales different than stamina my stamina characters are fine 10k poison ingection got from the buf but also got the execute nerfed the other magica dots keep at 6k on stam characters more or less what it was and is the sorc the one that got 17k dots but he also hits hard with other things that are not dots.
    Oh and the dk has his dot at 9-10k dot but he has very low weapon damage.
    The thing is everyone will need a purge this patch.
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Time for all cleanse sources to shine
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • Uryel
    Uryel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You do realize that the Nerf-Go-Round would occur even if this were a 100% PVE game and no one complained ever, right?

Maybe it would, but that would be a rather slow and somewhat sleep-inducing carroussel instead of a crazy-speed dizzying rollercoaster.
    Edited by Uryel on August 13, 2019 8:26AM