Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Power surge 5.1.4

• MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Soooo. If we are to be real about this skill being meant for a sorc healer....to take proper advantage of this skill the sorc will need to stack crit. Do you see any trial healing sets with crit?

We will be pushed towards crit sets such as Mothers sorrow instead of traditional healng sets that buff the group or debuff the enemy....

That in itself is a trade off and Im oretty sure sorcs wont be invited to trials as a result...

Limited thought has gone into this.
    I'll just quote myself here, I keep seeing this comment come up.
    You don't need to bend over backwards to get a lot of crit. You would have enough Crit for this to reliably proc off 4-6 group members easily and consistently with low crit, even if it was 1s as a CD it would be firing off continuously.

Orb ticks once/.5s , Grand Healing ticks once/1s. These 2 abilities are standard, average of 3 ticks/s, 6 people, that's 18 ticks a second. Minor Lifesteal counts too, add +1 tick per person. You can get 20+ chances to proc on average.

How much crit can an average healer have? Major Prophecy for +10% crit, Minor Prophecy for +6%, Light Armor for +10%, CP +9% Crit. If you're using IA (very common set) +7.6% crit. You start with 10%, that's a total of 52.6% Crit, even if you only had 4 healing ticks a second, you'd have close to 100% uptime in theory, now try the 20+.

PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • Celestro
    Celestro
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, the crit chance isn't so much a concern as much as the 3s cooldown.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vahrokh wrote: »
    they have officially killed the Magsorc off, im off to find another game............Cyberpunk 2077 is out soon

can i have your stuff?

What a beggar, asking for stuff to everybody in every thread you post to.

It's more of a meme than anything, "can I have your stuff" implies "I don't really care you're quitting, you can do what you want, but can I have your stuff before you go, no sense in it collecting dust."

It's not like he's begging in zone chat for gold, at least I don't think he is lol.

Someone gets it.
  • mateosalvaje
    mateosalvaje
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been playing since console release and I've always rolled with the punches, but this change is horrible. Please add Major Sorcery to Critical Surge. I don't want to lose another skill slot or be forced to eq a healing staff. VMA is difficult enough as it is 😭
    Edited by mateosalvaje on August 7, 2019 7:48PM
    I've been wrong before, and I'll be wrong again.
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they have officially killed the Magsorc off, im off to find another game............Cyberpunk 2077 is out soon

can i have your stuff?

I've seen you post this same witty response in 2 threads concerning Power Surge. If you aren't going to provide useful feedback, then why not move along?
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • mikemacon
    mikemacon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CGPsaint wrote: »

can i have your stuff?

I've seen you post this same witty response in 2 threads concerning Power Surge. If you aren't going to provide useful feedback, then why not move along?

Can I have your stuff?
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    CGPsaint wrote: »

can i have your stuff?

I will stop when people stop posting they are quiting, which is against forum rules. No one cares you are leaving. Just leave.
  • Muzzick
    Muzzick
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    Divines Preserve ! What have they done ! This has to be the most useless ability in the game now. O.O They kept the pathetic amount of health it restores and trippled the cooldown + it only works on heals, which Sorcerer has none really. Who in the 8 planes of Aurbis is responsible for this non-sense ? :D

This is absolutely useless for healers and solo players alike. Please just delete the class already, end its suffering.

ru5m1qlf87l5.png

Looks like 33s of major stupidity
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »
    Just add sorcery to crit surge too and everyone will be happy.
    Your welcome.

It was silly of them not to have done this years ago and come up with something imaginative or unique for the other morph
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Your welcome.

It was silly of them not to have done this years ago and come up with something imaginative or unique for the other morph
    I've always though this looking at the morphs..

Most people agree, make Crit Surge the true "self healing" morph with dynamic scaling and add Major Sorcery. Power Surge 3s CD feels too long and doesn't line up with other hots in the game. 2s would be a appreciated, I'd personally take a slight reduction in power or duration to have it tick more frequently.

I understand the ease of access argument for Major Sorcery, but adding that to Crit Surge would fix everyones concern, Mag Sorcs that had the buff were already using Crit Surge for the better heals. There should of never been 2 morphs that did next to the same thing. The justification for less healing on Power Surge was that it included Major Sorcery, which is wildly considered an easy to obtain buff. It was a dumb design to begin with.

This is a similar issue to Lotus Flower morphs and Molten Weapon morphs. Why force people to choose between Major buffs when you can have the base ability add both, then make the morphs do something interesting that provides real choice. If they fix the concerns for power surge above, the model of Crit Surge being the "self heal" and Power Surge being the "aoe heal" should be how those other 2 abilities are treated with 2 different styles of play.

I even wrote a thread a week ago before the notes were released about how I wanted Power Surge to behave, people gave me flack for it and now they're released version did exactly what I was worried about.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/487457/power-surge-and-crit-surge-balancing-idea-poll/p1

TLDR: I specified to make sure Crit Surge worked for Stam and Mag as the self heal morph by giving it Maj Sorcery, Power Surge should only proc on Crit Healing designed for healers, 15m radius and couldn't be stacked.

I admit, the 6 person cap is better than the non stacking I suggested, but I did not see a 3s CD coming. The overall premise of the morphs are exactly what I see everyone requesting now and I can't help but feel frustrated that I made the issue public before release and ZOS did nothing to change Crit Surge.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on August 7, 2019 8:33PM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • TheHsN
    TheHsN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    again they turned a perfect skill to garbage in time... Zos is the one to destroy their perfect game?:)))
    Plays:
    Magicka SORC - PvE/PvP
    Stamina NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka Templar - PvE
    Stamina Templar - PvP
    Magicka DK - PvE
    Stamina DK - PvE
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    TheHsN wrote: »
    again they turned a perfect skill to garbage in time... Zos is the one to destroy their perfect game?:)))

Power Surge was never a perfect skill, it was weaker than Crit Surge for practically no reason. As long as the forums remain active about the concerns on this ability, which everyone can agree with. There is no logical reason as to why ZOS won't listen and update Crit Surge to include Major Sorcery.

Say what you want, but they listened to a lot of feedback this cycle and made adjustments accordingly where they agreed. After the uproar over this 1 ability I have a lot of hope they will slip in the needed fixes. Hopefully reducing the 3s cd to 2s too.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

• Amorpho
    Amorpho
    ✭✭✭✭
    Your welcome.

I've always though this looking at the morphs..

Most people agree, make Crit Surge the true "self healing" morph with dynamic scaling and add Major Sorcery. Power Surge 3s CD feels too long and doesn't line up with other hots in the game. 2s would be a appreciated, I'd personally take a slight reduction in power or duration to have it tick more frequently.

I understand the ease of access argument for Major Sorcery, but adding that to Crit Surge would fix everyones concern, Mag Sorcs that had the buff were already using Crit Surge for the better heals. There should of never been 2 morphs that did next to the same thing. The justification for less healing on Power Surge was that it included Major Sorcery, which is wildly considered an easy to obtain buff. It was a dumb design to begin with.

This is a similar issue to Lotus Flower morphs and Molten Weapon morphs. Why force people to choose between Major buffs when you can have the base ability add both, then make the morphs do something interesting that provides real choice. If they fix the concerns for power surge above, the model of Crit Surge being the "self heal" and Power Surge being the "aoe heal" should be how those other 2 abilities are treated with 2 different styles of play.

I even wrote a thread a week ago before the notes were released about how I wanted Power Surge to behave, people gave me flack for it and now they're released version did exactly what I was worried about.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/487457/power-surge-and-crit-surge-balancing-idea-poll/p1

TLDR: I specified to make sure Crit Surge worked for Stam and Mag as the self heal morph by giving it Maj Sorcery, Power Surge should only proc on Crit Healing designed for healers, 15m radius and couldn't be stacked.

I admit, the 6 person cap is better than the non stacking I suggested, but I did not see a 3s CD coming. The overall premise of the morphs are exactly what I see everyone requesting now and I can't help but feel frustrated that I made the issue public before release and ZOS did nothing to change Crit Surge.

So I guess it's all your fault? Fetch me that angry mob with pitchforks! ;)
    The Gaming Rev
    YouTube channel - https://youtube.com/c/TheGamingRev

Characters

PVE
    Magicka Sorcerer, Altmer - Master Crafter
    Magicka Templar, Altmer
    Magicka Nightblade, Breton
    Stamina Nightblade, Khajiit

PVP
    Magicka Sorcerer, Altmer
    Magicka Templar, Altmer
    Stamina Templar, Orsimer
    Stamina Dragonknight, Dunmer
    Stamina Warden, Orsimer

Aldmeri Dominion - 1700+ CP

XboxOne EU
  • Amorpho
    Amorpho
    ✭✭✭✭

Power Surge was never a perfect skill, it was weaker than Crit Surge for practically no reason. As long as the forums remain active about the concerns on this ability, which everyone can agree with. There is no logical reason as to why ZOS won't listen and update Crit Surge to include Major Sorcery.

Say what you want, but they listened to a lot of feedback this cycle and made adjustments accordingly where they agreed. After the uproar over this 1 ability I have a lot of hope they will slip in the needed fixes. Hopefully reducing the 3s cd to 2s too.

That is seriously what I am hoping for with all my strength.

I have been a loyal ESO plus player since release day on X1 and I've had to put up with loads of nonsense during these years, but this change to Power Surge really hurt me. Not just the change itself (which proves to be so not thought through), but the sneaky (if not deceitful) way in which they have introduced it. You know they were brewing something up in 5.1.3 and the fact that their "announcement" was so unclear made me fear for the worst. It was as if they knew there would be an uproar and decided to unveil the change with the last patch - when it's already too late.

I really hope that they will come to their senses, listen to their loyal and paying community (that knows their game even better than they do) and either revert the change or add major sorcery to Crit Surge.
    The Gaming Rev
    YouTube channel - https://youtube.com/c/TheGamingRev

Characters

PVE
    Magicka Sorcerer, Altmer - Master Crafter
    Magicka Templar, Altmer
    Magicka Nightblade, Breton
    Stamina Nightblade, Khajiit

PVP
    Magicka Sorcerer, Altmer
    Magicka Templar, Altmer
    Stamina Templar, Orsimer
    Stamina Dragonknight, Dunmer
    Stamina Warden, Orsimer

Aldmeri Dominion - 1700+ CP

XboxOne EU
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kolzki wrote: »
    The way I understand it, the heal for yourself procs every 1 second and the heal on others only every 3 seconds. If I am wrong, then what does it matter. Surge is already useless if you are magicka, I have never used it again after Overload was removed and next patch, entropy will be more attractive than Surge.

I might check this on the pts later though.

The new version heals yourself and others every 3 seconds. For the 1 second proc we would need to slot crit surge instead.

Are you certain ? That would be a disaster, unless they greatly improved the potency of the heal.

They did increase the heal 10% and 6 people cap on 15m radius around caster. It's realy not worth it. They should have just made it hot every 3 sec instead of being proc every 3 sec and needs crit heal for heal. Really bad design of skill and I doubt even sorc healers would use it if they have better options.
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Amorpho wrote: »

That is seriously what I am hoping for with all my strength.

I have been a loyal ESO plus player since release day on X1 and I've had to put up with loads of nonsense during these years, but this change to Power Surge really hurt me. Not just the change itself (which proves to be so not thought through), but the sneaky (if not deceitful) way in which they have introduced it. You know they were brewing something up in 5.1.3 and the fact that their "announcement" was so unclear made me fear for the worst. It was as if they knew there would be an uproar and decided to unveil the change with the last patch - when it's already too late.

I really hope that they will come to their senses, listen to their loyal and paying community (that knows their game even better than they do) and either revert the change or add major sorcery to Crit Surge.

Yes they KNEW what they were doing and they SNEAKED IN the nerf.

So I SNEAKED IN my unsub. Let's see how they nerf that.
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Taloros wrote: »
    I'm speechless.

Nerf the Matriarch to a degree that basically removes that skills from the game.

Now the same for Crit Surge - but only the Magicka variant, of course, Stamina morph stays the same.

Why? Just why?

Noob streamers need it. They need stam sorc on orc not get impacted.

It's already been gutted multipletimes, no need to feel like mag sorc snowflake. Talking about stam sorc like the best class in pvp while it is the worst as well as in pve. Barely any use of class skills and passives for 2 years.
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭

can i have your stuff?

Nope. He might sell his account materials for money to recap. Why should he give his stuff free to you? Are you DC stam sorc on an Orc and run behind streamers ? Oh yeah you can play this game.

Why are you too focused on orc stam sorc streamers?
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ku5h wrote: »
    sindalstar wrote: »
    So what's stopping everyone that's complaining about solo play to just switch morphs to critical and if your magical just using a potion or slotting an ability that gives you crit?

Critical surge appears to be for solo healing and power surge for aoe healing. That sounds like solid design to me (numbers not withstanding)

I'm not sure why people are making threads upon threads about it.

The only thing you would possibly change is it always give both versions of the crit buff but that's about it...

Because skill slots matter. You can't just say to slot another skill to gain the same effect you had before in one skill.
    Power Surge wasn't all that great to begin with, at least not in PvP. Now it will never be used.
    Also, Crit surge will us weapon crit mod instead of spell crit like it used to, so 100% not worth a slot on mag spec.

I do believe crit aurge will use you highest crit modifier rather than weapon crit. I think it was mentioned in previous patch and people talked about it as well this patch too, but it works for both.
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It never made sense to me that the base skill of Surge, for the sorcerer class, didn't have major sorcery as its modifier and then adding major brutality to the stamina-friendly morph. The logic, or lack of, never added up.

Grammar
    Edited by Feric51 on August 8, 2019 2:16PM
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Feric51 wrote: »
    It never made sense to me that the base skill of Surge, for the sorcerer class, didn't have major sorcery as its modifier and then adding major brutality to the stamina-friendly morph. The logic, or lack of, never added up.

Grammar

Well when the game first released, all weapons skills, including the destro, scaled with weapon damage and only class skills/mages guild skills scaled with your spell damage. So it made sense then.
  • Vindaomeyo
    I think the Devs took away the Heal on dmg crit option for Power Surge, because a 12 Sorc trial run would have been an option with the 5.1.3 patch build. You could easily stack up to 3-5k(with crit) heals per second per Sorc on all players in a trial group by just doing damage and it could stack up from 33k to 55k hps for that group by just using Power Surge and the other self heal options of this class for dark magic would be bonus.
    On 5.1.4 this is just half the trial group and only on heal crits every 3 seconds. For self buffing, it would be ok as a healer and it is still a nice bonus heal, but it is not the be in reach and you're healed by my damage crits skill anymore. 3 seconds is too much of a gap in my opinion, 2 seconds would be much more in sync with other abilities or maybe they should just add an option for triggered -lower than critical surge- self heal per second on all crits here and be done with it.
    On the critical surge Major Sorcery should be added as many have noted.

• Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your welcome.

And because of this they won´t do it for another 3 years. Players can´t have better ideas than devs.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Saril_Durzam
    Saril_Durzam
    ✭✭✭✭
    Funny thing:

Matriarch and pets got heavy nerf.
    LL nerfed.
    AoE nerfed.
    Destructive Touch/Reach nerfed.
    Shields nerfed.
    Surge nerfed.

Everyone ssying nerf sorcs or adapt... And now that Vigot is not as súper buffed as proposed, they are wanting to burn ZoS offices...
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amorpho wrote: »

So agree. @ZOS are more transparent (and not in a good way) than they imagine.
    Feric51 wrote: »

Well when the game first released, all weapons skills, including the destro, scaled with weapon damage and only class skills/mages guild skills scaled with your spell damage. So it made sense then.

But staves, which have traditionally been used by predominantly magicka classes, scaling with weapon damage never made sense.

• Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    . But staves, which have traditionally been used by predominantly magicka classes, scaling with weapon damage never made sense.

And that is why they changed it shortly after launch.
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

can i have your stuff?

Nope. He might sell his account materials for money to recap. Why should he give his stuff free to you? Are you DC stam sorc on an Orc and run behind streamers ? Oh yeah you can play this game.

Because of its literally exploitive cheater class in PVP. No single target skills come up target right in front of the eyes. Same for NB cloak. No one cares this cheap stupid exploit. Only mage sorc is problem for these noobs. At least DK soak up the damage. They clearly know they are cheating and exploiting. They these cheese most are nothing but with only big mouth. AD races are gutted.

If zerg chases no problem hide behind objects. Literally free infinite damage migitation. Stam sorc is super op in ORC with overloaded god mode cheese and should be banned from PVP. Because of these noobs not able to kill even with overloaded cheese, entire mage sorc and meta builds that streamers using never getting nerfed. Only buffed all the time.

many mage classes are getting nerfed. Ask can you ask these noobs to play pet sorc or even ordinary mage sorc in PVP. Lets see what these noobs got. Let me tell them they will never play. Ask these noobs to play competitive esports PVP game. They *** on them for their skills.
    ESO streamers are pure garbages. No one gives a *** outside of ESO. The pure garbages just leaching ESO name. ESO is way gone down in last 1 year in twitch rankings & player base. Finally, after one year no one will watch ESO.

Edited by Priyasekarssk on August 9, 2019 7:53PM
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭

can i have your stuff?

Because of its literally exploitive cheater class in PVP. No single target skills come up target right in front of the eyes. If zerg chases no problem hide behind objects. Literally free infinite damage migitation. Stam sorc is super op in ORC with overloaded god mode cheese and should be banned from PVP. Because of these noobs not able to kill even with overloaded cheese, entire mage sorc is getting nerfed. Corrupt selfish noobs.
    ESO streamers are pure garbages. No one give a *** outside of ESO.

Huh?

I main a MagSorc and all I was able to ascertain from that seemingly random amalgamation of words is...

Forget it... I have no idea what the theme, plot, median, mode or main idea of your post was meant to be. :confused:
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭

. But staves, which have traditionally been used by predominantly magicka classes, scaling with weapon damage never made sense.

Sorry maybe I misunderstood you, but you did say it made sense then.

• Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aurelle1 wrote: »

Sorry maybe I misunderstood you, but you did say it made sense then.

the fact that destro skills scaled with weapon damage, that is when it made sense that the weapon damage boost was there, so power surge would boost both weapon and spell damage. what i am saying was changed is the fact that destro skill were changed to also scale with spell damage sometime after launch.