The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Resource Materials In the World

• JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Something needs to be done about people that spawn farm in this game. And Resource Materials in the game as well. I have a few suggestions. 1. You have to wait 24 hours before you can farm again? That way it gives the lower level characters a fair chance. Besides what do "high level" characters need with crafting materials anyway? You have all the best stuff in the game. And probably all the money as well. There needs to be a fair balance. Same for respawning rates for crafting materials as well. I think 20 minutes is too long. I don't know if that's accurate or not. Or there needs to be a cooldown timer. For crafting materials. Anyone else feels this way?

Well, let's see....I belong to 5 guilds. I'm one of the crafters for all 5. I make low level gear for guildmates for free because I pick up nodes while questing/travelling/etc. A full roster of characters with the skill levels set for the different mats, so I can farm everything I need and keep doing under cp160 gear for free. I do the crafting for cp160 gear for free, but they have to give me the mats for it.

Pray tell how anyone is supposed to buy mats, if there is a restriction on farming?

Mats near popular places, like around Davon's Watch, are going to be cleared on a regular basis. Go farther out in any zone and you'll have nodes to farm. At least I always find empty of player areas to farm.
  • KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something needs to be done about people that spawn farm in this game. And Resource Materials in the game as well. I have a few suggestions. 1. You have to wait 24 hours before you can farm again? That way it gives the lower level characters a fair chance. Besides what do "high level" characters need with crafting materials anyway? You have all the best stuff in the game. And probably all the money as well. There needs to be a fair balance. Same for respawning rates for crafting materials as well. I think 20 minutes is too long. I don't know if that's accurate or not. Or there needs to be a cooldown timer. For crafting materials. Anyone else feels this way?

Can you define more clearly about what you mean by spawn farming? All nodes have a respawn rate cool down.

Regarding your other statement never assume what other players do with their mats. Your assumption that high level players dont need mats is missinformed at best. We could turn your argument the other way and ask what low level players need mats for? The gear they craft is subpar and you will level out of it soon anyway. Meanwhile max lvl gear takes 10 times the mats to craft, so high lvl farmers should take priority.

See how easy it was to turn the argument? There are plenty of nodes in the world to farm for every one

Again you could just buy what you need.
    So can you.
    tmbrinks wrote: »

Your initial premise that "high level" characters don't need mats is flawed.

What's a "fair chance"? Everybody can collect materials at any level, another flaw.
    High level characters are doing daily crafting writs on multiple characters and need mats to do that.

That might be true. But you could probably buy them.

How are you going to buy mats if there is a timer, or any of your suggestions from your OP?
    Sanctum74 wrote: »
    There already is a fair chance for everyone to gather resources.

High level players need materials too for writs and gear. Many of us have multiple characters and are always trying out new sets and some of us even make free armor for low level players.

I think it's fine the way it is, if you want something bad enough then you work for it just like high level characters have to.

How exactly is "spawn farming" working for it?

People sitting on one spawn is not the issue, that's meaningless in a zone with thousands of spawns, as has been described to you multiple times.

Can you define more clearly about what you mean by spawn farming? All nodes have a respawn rate cool down.

Regarding your other statement never assume what other players do with their mats. Your assumption that high level players dont need mats is missinformed at best. We could turn your argument the other way and ask what low level players need mats for? The gear they craft is subpar and you will level out of it soon anyway. Meanwhile max lvl gear takes 10 times the mats to craft, so high lvl farmers should take priority.

See how easy it was to turn the argument? There are plenty of nodes in the world to farm for every one

Again you could just buy what you need.

Again, HOW ARE YOU GOING TO BUY IF YOU CAN'T FARM

From your other posts, you don't even understand what the "bots" are doing, yet you want to change a core mechanic of the game, because some idiot was sitting at one spawn and collecting it...

lol...

As this thread is progressing and the OP comes back to give more input I begin to wonder if this person is trying to get a crash course on bots.

One last advice to the OP: emulating a bot's behavior isn't the way to go. There is a reason why people create scripts for those.
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP is just trolling imo
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and say that this isn't a problem. Farming routes are a thing, and people compete for them, like everything else. This is a multiplayer game, after all. Damn bots to Oblivion, of course, but outside of those (which are already against the rules) resource farming is just a part of the game as is, and a pretty fair one too as far as I can see.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    High level characters are doing daily crafting writs on multiple characters and need mats to do that.

That might be true. But you could probably buy them.

Where do you imagine all the mats of guild stores come from exactly? Your suggestions would cripple the supply of mats to players that don't want to spend their time farming.

As for low level mats they are the cheapest on guilds stores more often than not, new players only ever need a small amount of each type of lower level mats, while max level players need a never ending supply.

And don't forget that furniture mats can only be gained from nodes and are not always a guaranteed drop.
    Edited by bmnoble on August 2, 2019 8:42AM
  • Thorvik_Tyrson
    Thorvik_Tyrson
    ✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    I can be in Elsweyr, probably one of the busiest zones in the game right now because of everybody doing the quest, killing dragons, etc.. and while running from one wayshrine to the dragon that is up, I can usually pick up a dozen resource nodes along the way.

There is no shortage of nodes, period.

And if you're complaining about a bot standing at ONE NODE and just picking it up repeatedly, that's the least of your worries. There are probably a half dozen or more nodes spawns that YOU CAN SEE FROM THAT SPOT that you could go get.

I am that "max level" player. I do writs on 36 characters a day. That means I need over 1,000 ancestor silk PER DAY to do my writs. Your "suggestion" would literally DESTROY the writ market. DESTROY. and now instead of your tempers being 5k, they're 10k. Chromium, now it's 200k a piece. Dreugh Wax, 15k.

How is having 36 characters my problem? Sounds like you need fewer characters. For the record, I have 10 characters. I don't run them all at the same time.

After reading thru this thread, I have to say that I also think that you are trolling with this thread. You appear to make no attempt to make any allowance for other players having different opinions, goals or motivations than what you are wanting.

Seriously, would you like a game if it told you that you couldn't log back into the game for 24 hours after you played for 5-10 minutes? No, It's ridiculous, but that is basically what you were proposing.