Resource Materials In the World

SocialAssassin
SocialAssassin
✭✭✭
Something needs to be done about people that spawn farm in this game. And Resource Materials in the game as well. I have a few suggestions. 1. You have to wait 24 hours before you can farm again? That way it gives the lower level characters a fair chance. Besides what do "high level" characters need with crafting materials anyway? You have all the best stuff in the game. And probably all the money as well. There needs to be a fair balance. Same for respawning rates for crafting materials as well. I think 20 minutes is too long. I don't know if that's accurate or not. Or there needs to be a cooldown timer. For crafting materials. Anyone else feels this way?
“I’m The Best There Is At What I Do. But What I Do Isn't Very Nice…” - Wolverine/Logan/James Howlett
  • SocialAssassin
    SocialAssassin
    ✭✭✭
    High level characters are doing daily crafting writs on multiple characters and need mats to do that.

    That might be true. But you could probably buy them.
    “I’m The Best There Is At What I Do. But What I Do Isn't Very Nice…” - Wolverine/Logan/James Howlett
  • SocialAssassin
    SocialAssassin
    ✭✭✭
    Sanctum74 wrote: »
    There already is a fair chance for everyone to gather resources.

    High level players need materials too for writs and gear. Many of us have multiple characters and are always trying out new sets and some of us even make free armor for low level players.

    I think it's fine the way it is, if you want something bad enough then you work for it just like high level characters have to.

    How exactly is "spawn farming" working for it?
    “I’m The Best There Is At What I Do. But What I Do Isn't Very Nice…” - Wolverine/Logan/James Howlett
  • phwaap
    phwaap
    ✭✭✭
    I just leveled a few new chars and got skill points for many others. I find that if you are just playing the game, questing, running to group dungeons, etc., there are plenty. Even in the Hollow City I found most nodes just sitting there glowing when doing the MQ. Also did the Lower Craglorn achievement yesterday and there were nodes everywhere.
  • SocialAssassin
    SocialAssassin
    ✭✭✭
    Sanctum74 wrote: »
    There already is a fair chance for everyone to gather resources.

    High level players need materials too for writs and gear. Many of us have multiple characters and are always trying out new sets and some of us even make free armor for low level players.

    I think it's fine the way it is, if you want something bad enough then you work for it just like high level characters have to.

    How exactly is "spawn farming" working for it?

    What are you talking about?

    Aside from botting, which isn't allowed, real resource farmers are running from node to node picking them up exactly like new players can.

    Even Craglorn, one of the most competitive farming zones thanks to Nirncrux, almost always has plenty of nodes to pick up unless you are following right on someone's tail. The only time competition gets genuinely stiff is during double node events in small zones like Hew's Bane or Gold Coast.

    Actually, they are not running from node to node. They often stay in one spot. Besides, it comes down to "ping" from what someone else said on here.
    “I’m The Best There Is At What I Do. But What I Do Isn't Very Nice…” - Wolverine/Logan/James Howlett
  • SocialAssassin
    SocialAssassin
    ✭✭✭
    Something needs to be done about people that spawn farm in this game. And Resource Materials in the game as well. I have a few suggestions. 1. You have to wait 24 hours before you can farm again? That way it gives the lower level characters a fair chance. Besides what do "high level" characters need with crafting materials anyway? You have all the best stuff in the game. And probably all the money as well. There needs to be a fair balance. Same for respawning rates for crafting materials as well. I think 20 minutes is too long. I don't know if that's accurate or not. Or there needs to be a cooldown timer. For crafting materials. Anyone else feels this way?

    Can you define more clearly about what you mean by spawn farming? All nodes have a respawn rate cool down.

    Regarding your other statement never assume what other players do with their mats. Your assumption that high level players dont need mats is missinformed at best. We could turn your argument the other way and ask what low level players need mats for? The gear they craft is subpar and you will level out of it soon anyway. Meanwhile max lvl gear takes 10 times the mats to craft, so high lvl farmers should take priority.

    See how easy it was to turn the argument? There are plenty of nodes in the world to farm for every one

    Again you could just buy what you need.
    “I’m The Best There Is At What I Do. But What I Do Isn't Very Nice…” - Wolverine/Logan/James Howlett
  • SocialAssassin
    SocialAssassin
    ✭✭✭
    KMarble wrote: »
    Something needs to be done about people that spawn farm in this game. And Resource Materials in the game as well. I have a few suggestions. 1. You have to wait 24 hours before you can farm again? That way it gives the lower level characters a fair chance. Besides what do "high level" characters need with crafting materials anyway? You have all the best stuff in the game. And probably all the money as well. There needs to be a fair balance. Same for respawning rates for crafting materials as well. I think 20 minutes is too long. I don't know if that's accurate or not. Or there needs to be a cooldown timer. For crafting materials. Anyone else feels this way?

    1. No. Many people, myself included, stack surveys and only do them once in a while. Your idea would prevent us from optimizing our time because we'd be forced to put all surveys back in storage once we'd done one survey.
    2. I'm on my way to obtain the Master Crafter achievement. I do writs everyday. Where do you think my mats come from? A higher level character is also able to craft gear, weapons, jewelry, potions and enchants so that other players can use them (or decon for xp/research). Many people also use crafts as a means to earn gold in game.
    3. What is more fair than first come, first serve? If someone got to a node before you did, move on to the next one.
    4. where did you get the 20 min re-spawning timing from? Again, if a node is taken, move to the next one.
    5. so, let me see if I got this right: you're complaining about mat nodes having a cool down timer, but you want a cool down timer? On what? The node or the char?
    6. you do realize that to be fair, your ideas would need to be applied to all players - new and old, right? Giving only newer chars an advantage is the opposite of fair.

    A cool down on the character.
    “I’m The Best There Is At What I Do. But What I Do Isn't Very Nice…” - Wolverine/Logan/James Howlett
  • SocialAssassin
    SocialAssassin
    ✭✭✭
    Sanctum74 wrote: »
    There already is a fair chance for everyone to gather resources.

    High level players need materials too for writs and gear. Many of us have multiple characters and are always trying out new sets and some of us even make free armor for low level players.

    I think it's fine the way it is, if you want something bad enough then you work for it just like high level characters have to.

    How exactly is "spawn farming" working for it?

    What are you talking about?

    Aside from botting, which isn't allowed, real resource farmers are running from node to node picking them up exactly like new players can.

    Even Craglorn, one of the most competitive farming zones thanks to Nirncrux, almost always has plenty of nodes to pick up unless you are following right on someone's tail. The only time competition gets genuinely stiff is during double node events in small zones like Hew's Bane or Gold Coast.

    Actually, they are not running from node to node. They often stay in one spot. Besides, it comes down to "ping" from what someone else said on here.

    That's why I asked you to define "spawn farming."

    Because your suggested solutions would negatively impact all players who farm, not just your "spawn farmers". Its like hitting a gnat with a sledgehammer.

    Many "players" who stand in one spot and grab a node as soon as it appears are bots. Seriously, how many real players do you think sit in one spot to grab a node? Boring! Also, inefficient for any real farmer. You can test that by using an emote like the questionable meat sack. A real player would get wise, but a bot will keep picking up what's place in front of them.

    What's the meat smack emoji? And I didn't know it was possible to do bots on consoles. And I have seen people literally stand there to Spawn farm on consoles.
    “I’m The Best There Is At What I Do. But What I Do Isn't Very Nice…” - Wolverine/Logan/James Howlett
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    Community Ambassador
    Do the public dungeon in Deeshan and you get the Meat Sack.

    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

    PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

  • SocialAssassin
    SocialAssassin
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Do the public dungeon in Deeshan and you get the Meat Sack.

    Okay, thanks :)
    “I’m The Best There Is At What I Do. But What I Do Isn't Very Nice…” - Wolverine/Logan/James Howlett
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sanctum74 wrote: »
    There already is a fair chance for everyone to gather resources.

    High level players need materials too for writs and gear. Many of us have multiple characters and are always trying out new sets and some of us even make free armor for low level players.

    I think it's fine the way it is, if you want something bad enough then you work for it just like high level characters have to.

    How exactly is "spawn farming" working for it?

    What are you talking about?

    Aside from botting, which isn't allowed, real resource farmers are running from node to node picking them up exactly like new players can.

    Even Craglorn, one of the most competitive farming zones thanks to Nirncrux, almost always has plenty of nodes to pick up unless you are following right on someone's tail. The only time competition gets genuinely stiff is during double node events in small zones like Hew's Bane or Gold Coast.

    Actually, they are not running from node to node. They often stay in one spot. Besides, it comes down to "ping" from what someone else said on here.

    That's why I asked you to define "spawn farming."

    Because your suggested solutions would negatively impact all players who farm, not just your "spawn farmers". Its like hitting a gnat with a sledgehammer.

    Many "players" who stand in one spot and grab a node as soon as it appears are bots. Seriously, how many real players do you think sit in one spot to grab a node? Boring! Also, inefficient for any real farmer. You can test that by using an emote like the questionable meat sack. A real player would get wise, but a bot will keep picking up what's place in front of them.

    What's the meat smack emoji? And I didn't know it was possible to do bots on consoles. And I have seen people literally stand there to Spawn farm on consoles.

    As Nestor said, its from the public dungeon quest in Deshaan.

    I play on PC, but apparently its possible to bot on consoles:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/455901/bot-farmers-on-ps4-are-getting-better
    More detail on this older thread: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/392189/how-do-bots-work-on-console

    On PC, its a pretty sure bet that any "player" standing still and grabbing a node as soon as it appears is either a bot or "rubberbanding" to avoid the afk kick. There is no way that's a real player watching the screen and waiting to grab that node. That's just ludicrous.
  • SocialAssassin
    SocialAssassin
    ✭✭✭
    Sanctum74 wrote: »
    There already is a fair chance for everyone to gather resources.

    High level players need materials too for writs and gear. Many of us have multiple characters and are always trying out new sets and some of us even make free armor for low level players.

    I think it's fine the way it is, if you want something bad enough then you work for it just like high level characters have to.

    How exactly is "spawn farming" working for it?

    What are you talking about?

    Aside from botting, which isn't allowed, real resource farmers are running from node to node picking them up exactly like new players can.

    Even Craglorn, one of the most competitive farming zones thanks to Nirncrux, almost always has plenty of nodes to pick up unless you are following right on someone's tail. The only time competition gets genuinely stiff is during double node events in small zones like Hew's Bane or Gold Coast.

    Actually, they are not running from node to node. They often stay in one spot. Besides, it comes down to "ping" from what someone else said on here.

    That's why I asked you to define "spawn farming."

    Because your suggested solutions would negatively impact all players who farm, not just your "spawn farmers". Its like hitting a gnat with a sledgehammer.

    Many "players" who stand in one spot and grab a node as soon as it appears are bots. Seriously, how many real players do you think sit in one spot to grab a node? Boring! Also, inefficient for any real farmer. You can test that by using an emote like the questionable meat sack. A real player would get wise, but a bot will keep picking up what's place in front of them.

    What's the meat smack emoji? And I didn't know it was possible to do bots on consoles. And I have seen people literally stand there to Spawn farm on consoles.

    As Nestor said, its from the public dungeon quest in Deshaan.

    I play on PC, but apparently its possible to bot on consoles:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/455901/bot-farmers-on-ps4-are-getting-better
    More detail on this older thread: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/392189/how-do-bots-work-on-console

    On PC, its a pretty sure bet that any "player" standing still and grabbing a node as soon as it appears is either a bot or "rubberbanding" to avoid the afk kick. There is no way that's a real player watching the screen and waiting to grab that node. That's just ludicrous.

    What is "rubberbanding"? Thanks :)
    “I’m The Best There Is At What I Do. But What I Do Isn't Very Nice…” - Wolverine/Logan/James Howlett
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sanctum74 wrote: »
    There already is a fair chance for everyone to gather resources.

    High level players need materials too for writs and gear. Many of us have multiple characters and are always trying out new sets and some of us even make free armor for low level players.

    I think it's fine the way it is, if you want something bad enough then you work for it just like high level characters have to.

    How exactly is "spawn farming" working for it?

    What are you talking about?

    Aside from botting, which isn't allowed, real resource farmers are running from node to node picking them up exactly like new players can.

    Even Craglorn, one of the most competitive farming zones thanks to Nirncrux, almost always has plenty of nodes to pick up unless you are following right on someone's tail. The only time competition gets genuinely stiff is during double node events in small zones like Hew's Bane or Gold Coast.

    Actually, they are not running from node to node. They often stay in one spot. Besides, it comes down to "ping" from what someone else said on here.

    That's why I asked you to define "spawn farming."

    Because your suggested solutions would negatively impact all players who farm, not just your "spawn farmers". Its like hitting a gnat with a sledgehammer.

    Many "players" who stand in one spot and grab a node as soon as it appears are bots. Seriously, how many real players do you think sit in one spot to grab a node? Boring! Also, inefficient for any real farmer. You can test that by using an emote like the questionable meat sack. A real player would get wise, but a bot will keep picking up what's place in front of them.

    What's the meat smack emoji? And I didn't know it was possible to do bots on consoles. And I have seen people literally stand there to Spawn farm on consoles.

    As Nestor said, its from the public dungeon quest in Deshaan.

    I play on PC, but apparently its possible to bot on consoles:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/455901/bot-farmers-on-ps4-are-getting-better
    More detail on this older thread: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/392189/how-do-bots-work-on-console

    On PC, its a pretty sure bet that any "player" standing still and grabbing a node as soon as it appears is either a bot or "rubberbanding" to avoid the afk kick. There is no way that's a real player watching the screen and waiting to grab that node. That's just ludicrous.

    What is "rubberbanding"? Thanks :)

    In this case, its the practice of putting a rubber band on your controller so that you are registering some server input and don't get kicked for being AFK. Similar practices are putting a weight on your mouse keys or keyboard, etc.

    While its probably not what those particular spawn farm bots are doing, I'll see this occasionally with players who are running or swimming constantly into a wall.

    The reason the questionable meat sack trick can work on spawn farmers is that lots of those bots are regularly activating the spot the node appears, so they don't get booted for being AFK while they wait for the respawn. Their program doesnt distinguish what they pick up, so they'll pick up the sack where an active player would figure out what's going on pretty quickly.


    Most of bot spotting is watching the character and then going "Is this a normal reaction for an active player?"

    Its easy to identify bot trains because of their inhuman coordination, tight packs on a preset loop, and constant right angle turns. Just like its easy to tell a player who's rubberbanding when I've watched them run into the same rock face for 5 minutes. A single bot farmer running around often does the right angle turns or you can trace their path, take several nodes in from of them, and watch them run to the empty node spots anyways even though an active player would know there is nothing there.


    When you do find a bot, the best thing you can do is report them to ZOS. It sometimes feels like ZOS isnt paying attention, but they do, and they periodically do a sweep for lots of bots rather than nuking each individual once reported. Just be prepared for the depressing reality that bots are lucrative and there will be replacememt bots there in a couple of days.

    With that in mind, there's no reason to drastically change the crafting/farming system to disadvantage real players just because bots are annoying.
  • SocialAssassin
    SocialAssassin
    ✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    I can be in Elsweyr, probably one of the busiest zones in the game right now because of everybody doing the quest, killing dragons, etc.. and while running from one wayshrine to the dragon that is up, I can usually pick up a dozen resource nodes along the way.

    There is no shortage of nodes, period.

    And if you're complaining about a bot standing at ONE NODE and just picking it up repeatedly, that's the least of your worries. There are probably a half dozen or more nodes spawns that YOU CAN SEE FROM THAT SPOT that you could go get.

    I am that "max level" player. I do writs on 36 characters a day. That means I need over 1,000 ancestor silk PER DAY to do my writs. Your "suggestion" would literally DESTROY the writ market. DESTROY. and now instead of your tempers being 5k, they're 10k. Chromium, now it's 200k a piece. Dreugh Wax, 15k.

    How is having 36 characters my problem? Sounds like you need fewer characters. For the record, I have 10 characters. I don't run them all at the same time.
    “I’m The Best There Is At What I Do. But What I Do Isn't Very Nice…” - Wolverine/Logan/James Howlett
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something needs to be done about people that spawn farm in this game. And Resource Materials in the game as well. I have a few suggestions. 1. You have to wait 24 hours before you can farm again? That way it gives the lower level characters a fair chance. Besides what do "high level" characters need with crafting materials anyway? You have all the best stuff in the game. And probably all the money as well. There needs to be a fair balance. Same for respawning rates for crafting materials as well. I think 20 minutes is too long. I don't know if that's accurate or not. Or there needs to be a cooldown timer. For crafting materials. Anyone else feels this way?

    Your initial premise that "high level" characters don't need mats is flawed.

    What's a "fair chance"? Everybody can collect materials at any level, another flaw.
    High level characters are doing daily crafting writs on multiple characters and need mats to do that.

    That might be true. But you could probably buy them.

    How are you going to buy mats if there is a timer, or any of your suggestions from your OP?
    Sanctum74 wrote: »
    There already is a fair chance for everyone to gather resources.

    High level players need materials too for writs and gear. Many of us have multiple characters and are always trying out new sets and some of us even make free armor for low level players.

    I think it's fine the way it is, if you want something bad enough then you work for it just like high level characters have to.

    How exactly is "spawn farming" working for it?

    People sitting on one spawn is not the issue, that's meaningless in a zone with thousands of spawns, as has been described to you multiple times.
    Something needs to be done about people that spawn farm in this game. And Resource Materials in the game as well. I have a few suggestions. 1. You have to wait 24 hours before you can farm again? That way it gives the lower level characters a fair chance. Besides what do "high level" characters need with crafting materials anyway? You have all the best stuff in the game. And probably all the money as well. There needs to be a fair balance. Same for respawning rates for crafting materials as well. I think 20 minutes is too long. I don't know if that's accurate or not. Or there needs to be a cooldown timer. For crafting materials. Anyone else feels this way?

    Can you define more clearly about what you mean by spawn farming? All nodes have a respawn rate cool down.

    Regarding your other statement never assume what other players do with their mats. Your assumption that high level players dont need mats is missinformed at best. We could turn your argument the other way and ask what low level players need mats for? The gear they craft is subpar and you will level out of it soon anyway. Meanwhile max lvl gear takes 10 times the mats to craft, so high lvl farmers should take priority.

    See how easy it was to turn the argument? There are plenty of nodes in the world to farm for every one

    Again you could just buy what you need.

    Again, HOW ARE YOU GOING TO BUY IF YOU CAN'T FARM

    From your other posts, you don't even understand what the "bots" are doing, yet you want to change a core mechanic of the game, because some idiot was sitting at one spawn and collecting it...

    lol...
    Healer - Retired Raiders - - - Raid Leader - Nightfighters
    Elearium - Argonian Templar - EP - Tick-Tock Tormenter - Bringer of Light - Welkynar Liberator - Extinguisher of Flames - Voice of Reason - Dro-m’Athra Destroyer - Flawless Conquerer - Former Empress - Blackrose Executioner - Master Angler - Grand Master Crafter - AR27 - 37.3k+ Achievement Points
    Elorím - Breton Warden - DC - Bringer of Light - Voice of Reason - Divayth Fyr's Coadjuster - Sunspire Saint - Blackrose Executioner
    Elearíum - Breton Templar - DC - Extinguisher of Flames - Bringer of Light - Blackrose Executioner - Flawless Conqueror
    Elorim - Altmer Templar - EP - Flawless Conqueror - Sunspire Saint
    Top Scores
    vAA - 142,087
    vSO - 143,342
    vHRC - 137,616
    vMoL - 137,970
    vHoF - 207,599
    vAS - 112,792
    vCR - 121,602
    vSS - 176,542
    vDSA - 44,719
    vBRP - 63,699
    vMA - 563,660
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. You have to wait 24 hours before you can farm again? That way it gives the lower level characters a fair chance. Besides what do "high level" characters need with crafting materials anyway? You have all the best stuff in the game. And probably all the money as well. There needs to be a fair balance. Same for respawning rates for crafting materials as well. I think 20 minutes is too long. I don't know if that's accurate or not. Or there needs to be a cooldown timer. For crafting materials. Anyone else feels this way?

    Wait 24h before you can farm a node?! This is a delusion.
    Everyone, low or high level players, needs mats and the game is big enough for everyone to farm nodes.
    I, as many others, craft writs with several chars on a daily basis and I need mats. And don't suggest me to buy them, I won't buy anything that I can have for free.

    This a recurrent forum problem: delusions to "fix" the game in a personal way, forgetting completely what's outside your tiny little box.
    Edited by redlink1979 on July 30, 2019 11:51AM
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"

    Speaker of Sons of the Night Mother guild [PS4][EU]

    1200+ CP
  • SoLooney
    SoLooney
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    High level characters are doing daily crafting writs on multiple characters and need mats to do that.

    That might be true. But you could probably buy them.

    That is horrible selfish logic

    I have 31 max crafters who need tier 150 160 materials, and a lot of them, if I can get my materials for free aka surveys, why should max level players have to buy them?

    Maybe you should go farm somewhere else, you dont own the nodes and you dont own the right to tell players not to farm it

    Another frustrated self entitled noob
    Edited by SoLooney on July 30, 2019 12:33PM
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP's frustration seems misdirected and spurned by an ignorance and non-sequiturs.

    First off, bots are the problem that needs addressed, since they are the only "players" that "spawn farm." As mentioned in previous replies, no real, live person is going to camp a single node and sit there for 2+ minutes waiting on it to respawn when they could just as easily run around and harvest 5-10 other nodes in that same time frame (I'm being conservative on that number).

    Second; their comment of "just go buy it" would be a lot more expensive if everyone could only harvest each node every 24 hours. The prices are affordable now simply because there are people dedicated to farming (and bots) that keep the market saturated. If this 24-hour cooldown were implemented the prices would skyrocket.

    Third; You'd be punishing the new players just as much, if not more, than experienced players with the cooldown mechanic as node farming is one of the most profitable activities to make gold as a brand new player. I remember thinking I was a rich Altmer when I sold 10 columbine for 4,000 gold when I was level 6 on my first character. Selling mats allowed me to buy my first mount.

    Look OP, I get your frustration, I really do. I pop into Bal Foyen to check the guild trader from time to time, and there's never a shortage of bots running around the canyon by the wayshrine and it drives me nuts to see the scripted bots going from node to node, as well as stationary ones hovering over a single node (this is on console btw). Your real mission should be changing the response times to bot reports and getting ZOS to take affirmative action against them instead of focusing on harvest mechanics.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

    Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)


Sign In or Register to comment.