Maintenance for the week of June 10:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 10

Templars PvP - Detailed Guide, Suggestions, Advice, etc. - Elsweyr

• Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭

EtTuBrutus wrote: »

that fully buffed or on your own self buffs?
    Edited by Akinos on July 30, 2019 2:27AM
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As someone suggested, I am running light with Fortified brass on my nord. Before bloodspawn, I am around 33k resists on front bar. Ice staff I am pretty much at the 35k when in the rune. Im debating going with an offensive monster set but I do like the fact that a lot of people are within 10k pen and I cover most of it. Got closer to 9k effective spell power with over 11k pen and my crit rate higher. Its not 11k+ but it does hurt.

Options
  • No_Division
    No_Division
    ✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    As someone suggested, I am running light with Fortified brass on my nord. Before bloodspawn, I am around 33k resists on front bar. Ice staff I am pretty much at the 35k when in the rune. Im debating going with an offensive monster set but I do like the fact that a lot of people are within 10k pen and I cover most of it. Got closer to 9k effective spell power with over 11k pen and my crit rate higher. Its not 11k+ but it does hurt.

Yup the resists are the best defenses left in the game. Only thing keeping the insane DMG at Bay.
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yup the resists are the best defenses left in the game. Only thing keeping the insane DMG at Bay.

Its ironic they are nerfing heavy sets that give damage but not lighter sets that give more total resistance than heavy. End of the day, the same people will still complain even if they eventually turn and nerf that.
    Options
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @EtTuBrutus

Nice stats. Id hate to get trapped in a tower against you.
    Wyd for mobility?

Race against time

Aren't you a mag nb main on ps4?
    Edited by EtTuBrutus on July 30, 2019 1:05PM
    Options
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Akinos wrote: »

that fully buffed or on your own self buffs?

Fully self buffed and breech on the target
    Options
  • No_Division
    No_Division
    ✭✭✭

Its ironic they are nerfing heavy sets that give damage but not lighter sets that give more total resistance than heavy. End of the day, the same people will still complain even if they eventually turn and nerf that.

I don't think so. The sets that are left are either heavy armor sets (pariah, steadfast ) or crafted (brass,).

Swift is not bad but also not as substantial due to Vulnerability. I've died more in Swift than protective.
    Options
  • Methariorn
    Methariorn
    ✭✭✭

Have you compared brass vs buffer of the swift for damage mitigation?
    Edited by Methariorn on July 30, 2019 1:52PM
    Methariorn sorc EU server AD
    Acciughina NB EU server AD
    Aiacos Templar EU server AD
    Sevoltan DK EU server AD
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Methariorn wrote: »

I have not but as Minno mentioned, vulnerabilities chew up those percent based resists. At the same time though; if the 2h ultimate goes through, resists wont help and will give someone ridiculous penetration levels for 8 seconds. I might check it out as I can afford to lose some armor and health for a little mag and more rounded on resists both ways.
    Edited by technohic on July 30, 2019 2:12PM
    Options
  • coletas
    coletas
    ✭✭✭✭

I liked to play with

I have not but as Minno mentioned, vulnerabilities chew up those percent based resists. At the same time though; if the 2h ultimate goes through, resists wont help and will give someone ridiculous penetration levels for 8 seconds. I might check it out as I can afford to lose some armor and health for a little mag and more rounded on resists both ways.

Thats why steadfast is great xddd you purge, put a total dark on him, a Frost touch with a crescent sweep and "say hello first Next time" XD
    Options
  • coletas
    coletas
    ✭✭✭✭

I don't think so. The sets that are left are either heavy armor sets (pariah, steadfast ) or crafted (brass,).

Swift is not bad but also not as substantial due to Vulnerability. I've died more in Swift than protective.

I have pariah and steadfast with jewelry and rest un light. I even have a build (magicka tank of course) with steadfast+forti+bloodspawn. You kill no serious player with It anyway, but is good for making Friends xdddd
    Options
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont understand the full defense, cant kill anyone builds. Why?
    Options
  • SneaK
    SneaK
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Right there with you. I’m in BTB/Spinners and Pirate Skeleton and have great survivability. 2-3 defensive sets just isn’t needed.

"IMO"
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Bosmer Nightblade AR 32 - Altmer Templar AR 26 - Dunmer Dragonknight AR 18 - Altmer Sorcerer AR 20 - Khajiit Dragonknight AR 18
    (+3 not worth mentioning, yet)
    Options
  • No_Division
    No_Division
    ✭✭✭

you only need one defense set unless they provide an additional benefit (like bloodspawn/trans or cyro light). Pure high stats are currently meta, but at some point that will just result in a game where everyone is the same lol.

I think you can still dodge the ultimate. I dont rememeber if its got a cast time now, which if it does, means you can speed clip through similar to how you force cancel wreckling blows.
    Options
  • No_Division
    No_Division
    ✭✭✭

Yea just did the numbers in CP with basic stats that are now seen (1.9 CHD, 10k penetration, minor vulnerability):
    Buffer of Swift (19662 with 10k pen):
    CRIT(1.415 MOD):
    15000 *(1-(0)/100)*(1.5+(10/100)+(20/100)+(10/100)-(3300/68/100)) * (1+(8-10)/100) = 21225 * 0.98 (SPILLOVER FROM VUL/MIT)
    21220 * (0.78)*(.73)*(.91)*(0.50)*(0.8536) = 4,599.

NO CRIT:
    15000 *(1-(0)/100) * (1+(8-10)/100) = 15000 * 0.98 (SPILLOVER FROM VUL/MIT)
    15000 * (0.98)*(.73)*(.91)*(0.50)*(0.8536) = 4,167.
    About 72.22% total Mit.

CRIT AND ONLY SET BONUSES(1.415 MOD):
    15000 *(1-(0)/100)*(1.5+(10/100)+(20/100)+(10/100)-(3300/68/100)) * (1+(8-10)/100) = 21225 * 0.98 (SPILLOVER FROM VUL/MIT)
    21220 * (0.98)*(.73)*(.91)*(0.50)*(0.9549) = 6,597.
    About 68.91% total Mit.

Fortified Brass: (24,832 with 10k pen):
    CRIT(1.415 MOD):
    15000 *(1-(0)/100)*(1.5+(10/100)+(20/100)+(10/100)-(3300/68/100)) * (1+(8-0)/100) = 21220 * 1.08 (SPILLOVER FROM VUL/MIT)
    21220 * (1.08)*(.73)*(.91)*(0.50)*(0.7752) = 5,900.

NO CRIT:
    15000 *(1-(0)/100) * (1+(8-10)/100) = 15000 * 0.88 (SPILLOVER FROM VUL/MIT)
    15000 * (0.78)*(.73)*(.91)*(0.50)*(0.7752) = 4,171.
    About 72.19% total Mit.

CRIT AND ONLY SET BONUSES(1.415 MOD) (no penetration):
    15000 *(1-(0)/100)*(1.5+(10/100)+(20/100)+(10/100)-(3300/68/100)) * (1+(8-0)/100) = 21220 * 1.08 (SPILLOVER FROM VUL/MIT)
    21220 * (1.08)*(.73)*(.91)*(0.50)*(0.8765) = 6,671.
    About 68.56% total Mit.

So it looks like swift edges out over brass. BUT if you are vampire against a DK, then all your mitigation is going to be more complex, but swift will be the first set to loose its 5pc due to priority of subtraction.

Too Long Didnt Math:
    - Swift = About 72.22% total Mit full equation and About 68.91% total Mit based on the set's defensive stats.
    - Brass = About 72.19% total Mit full equation and About 68.56% total Mit based on the set's defensive stats without penetration. You will have 0% mitigation if your target has 10k pen however; but resistance stats CANNOT be looked at on a per set/stat basis. You have to tally the full equation; luckily the build editor does this for you :D
    Options
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    coletas wrote: »
    My builds current effective spell dmg is 12.3k

Remember to craft invisibility potions XD

What?
    Options
  • coletas
    coletas
    ✭✭✭✭

What?

Just joking assuming you was a real cannon glass :)
    Options
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What?

Oh gotcha. I wouldn't say that. Bur damage is just high now either way
    Options
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone use a frost staff as main hand, more importantly frost reach for the immobilized ? I'm cnsidering testing to see if it will help land sweeps etc
    Edited by Syiccal on July 30, 2019 5:48PM
    Options
  • coletas
    coletas
    ✭✭✭✭
    Syiccal wrote: »
    Anyone use a frost staff as main hand, more importantly frost reach for the immobilized ? I'm cnsidering testing to see if it will help land sweeps etc

Lol yes. Helps a lot, with sweeps and crescent sweep. And you have lot of magicka to block and (in my case) 20k stamina for sword and shield).

One advise... Everybody i know that have tried It, never returned lol you loose some damage, but draining all stamina from that sorcer that wants to run, or that delayed pub from a zerg has no price
    Options
  • coletas
    coletas
    ✭✭✭✭

What?

Oh gotcha. I wouldn't say that. Bur damage is just high now either way

Use elemental drain too, is really great for sustain and penetration. 14k in a tank let you kill something (i get only 3k sd buffed on that build)
    Options
  • No_Division
    No_Division
    ✭✭✭

Lol yes. Helps a lot, with sweeps and crescent sweep. And you have lot of magicka to block and (in my case) 20k stamina for sword and shield).

One advise... Everybody i know that have tried It, never returned lol you loose some damage, but draining all stamina from that sorcer that wants to run, or that delayed pub from a zerg has no price

immobilize poisons are good too. There are ones with 6s worth of stam cost increase lol.
    Options
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

immobilize poisons are good too. There are ones with 6s worth of stam cost increase lol.

I've had good success with those.
    Options
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    @EtTuBrutus

Wyd for mobility?

Race against time

Lol thought id seen you. Nb (i swap between healer, mag dd and stam dd) is my main but Templar is my second class of choice. your build looks ideal for bgs but id have trouble surviving in it OW.
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
    Options
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @EtTuBrutus

Wyd for mobility?

Race against time

Lol thought id seen you. Nb (i swap between healer, mag dd and stam dd) is my main but Templar is my second class of choice. your build looks ideal for bgs but id have trouble surviving in it OW.

You were nearly impossible to pin down when u were mag. It made me furious lol. Great shade use.

It does great open world. Got some clips if u wanna see it in action.
    Options
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes please link. Always down for good content. I have been into impregnable/trans/skele OW

sanguinare vampiris

Options
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes please link. Always down for good content. I have been into impregnable/trans/skele OW

Word, study/ well fitted?
    Options
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    3 reinforced/3 sturdy/3 impen

sanguinare vampiris

Options
  • Jabbs_Giggity
    Jabbs_Giggity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So here is the basics for Templars next patch.

Aedric Spear
    • Puncturing Strikes got a buff to cost of ability. v5.1.0
    • Puncturing Strikes got a nerf to camera revert to pre-Murkmire. v5.1.1
    • Spear Shards got a buff to cost of ability. v5.1.0
    • Spear Shards got a nerf to damage by 37% - Additional nerf to Blazing Spear by 42% v5.1.0
    • Spear Wall (Passive) got a buff to duration 3/6 seconds. v5.1.0

Dawn's Wrath
    • Eclipse was reworked, but according to @Cinbri this skill is not functioning as intended on PTS (linked below). v5.1.0
    • Living Dark got a healing nerf by 55%. v5.1.1
    • Dark Flare got a damage buff by 4%. v5.1.0
    • Solar Barrage got a damage nerf by 33%.
    • Sunfire got a buff to cost of ability. v5.1.0
    • Sunfire got a damage buff by 17% for DoT, but got a damage nerf by 17% to initial hit. v5.1.0
    • Backlash got a healing nerf by 29%. v5.1.0
    • Cleansing Ritual got a healing buff by 95%. v5.1.0
    • Cleansing Ritual got a nerf to cost of ability. v5.1.0

So, altogether Templar received 7 buffs (mostly skill costs, a damage increase of 4% and 17% and healing of 95% to Ritual which is still below par being at 2s tick intervals vs 1s tick intervals) and 8 nerfs (4 nerfs were reduced by 17%-39%, 2 were above 40% reduction).

Call me crazy but I don't think Templars got much love, again. Some love, but not much.
    Options
  • Methariorn
    Methariorn
    ✭✭✭
    Buffer of the swift + temporal guard on s/b bar it's a 18% damage reduction 100% up even when 2H ultime or corrosive run; gotta do some test with a friend of mine if brass in any better (maybe in most situations vs potato spamming random skills yes).
    Methariorn sorc EU server AD
    Acciughina NB EU server AD
    Aiacos Templar EU server AD
    Sevoltan DK EU server AD
    Options