Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Never taking damage in PvP, seriously?

Barbara73
Barbara73
✭✭✭
How is it still after all this time there are players that can kill a full raid group and take no damage and no one is so much as discussing it? There is no bug that can expllain 20+ min of one to 4 players killing dozens of other players while taking no damage. @ZOS? where are you on this?
Not Every Player Is a Guy FFS
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heals are calculated as negative damage. So it can appear someone is taking no damage when they are taking damage. Just going by what you posted it seems you are an inexperienced player crying about things you dont really know about.
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • Abhaya
    Abhaya
    ✭✭✭✭
    An organized 4 man will stomp pugs like it’s nothing. All it takes is enough pugs to get full stacks on fury then communication to ULT drop together and bam; you have a tower farm.
    Abhaya - PC NA - Ebonheart Pact
    Stam Sorc 2-Hand / Bow Build: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=169103
  • Barbara73
    Barbara73
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I'm a cry baby one player can't heal themselves against 20 and not die or show damage. As far as what you are I think your response addresses that plainly. You have a good day and catch you next Tuesday.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh come on man stop exaggerating. Not even the best players can take out a full raid (24 man) alone. Unless they’re coming out a few at a time or maybe they’re Emp or something and the raid is really really bad. I hate to be so blunt but if you’re getting 1vX’ed or even 4vX’ed that badly it’s not the game mechanics it’s you and the people you’re grouped with.
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Barbara73 wrote: »
    Yes, I'm a cry baby one player can't heal themselves against 20 and not die or show damage. As far as what you are I think your response addresses that plainly. You have a good day and catch you next Tuesday.

Yes addressing your question with a direct answer and then my opinion on how your post comes off totally pigeonholed me into one category. As Vapirko stated straight up 1v24's just aren't happening these days. I'm trying not to pigeonhole you into one category, but you are making that quite difficult with your responses.
    Edited by TBois on July 31, 2019 8:51PM

PC/NA

Youtube
  • Barbara73
    Barbara73
    ✭✭✭
    I just saw it happen for at least 8 min one player killed about 20 in a group several times over and did not register any damage it's not the first time I have seen something like this, a few years ago it was common and judging by the posts on Reddit it still is. Anyway, my post was received as I expected and until ZoS does something I will bet it won't be the last of it's kind.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are some heavily unbalanced gear setups that allow this currently. A lot of it is being addressed for the next update (currently on PTS). The game will change in a couple of weeks, a lot.
  • Karm1cOne
    Karm1cOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have video of this, it would be helpful. Is the 1 rockhumping? Is there no coordination on the part of the 20? Is it random pugs running into a tower farm? All these questions can be answered if we see what you are talking about.
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gitgud?
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In cp pvp 1vx can be very easy if the 1 is a skilled player in a good build and the x doesn't know how to fight. Many times people go around in groups with little to no impen, no healing and mainly just light attacking. 4 players could easily kill groups of 20+ like this.

• TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just saw it happen for at least 8 min one player killed about 20 in a group several times over and did not register any damage it's not the first time I have seen something like this, a few years ago it was common and judging by the posts on Reddit it still is. Anyway, my post was received as I expected and until ZoS does something I will bet it won't be the last of it's kind.

Many of the responses have been kind and helpful. If you can't see that then maybe you are just whining.

PC/NA

Youtube
  • RighteousBacon
    RighteousBacon
    ✭✭✭✭
    How is it still after all this time there are players that can kill a full raid group and take no damage and no one is so much as discussing it? There is no bug that can expllain 20+ min of one to 4 players killing dozens of other players while taking no damage. @ZOS? where are you on this?

This is working as intended. The 4 players are better players than the 20, so they won the fight. This is one of the few games out there that does this right, that’s why we love it and keep coming back to it. Numbers shouldnt matter if you’re up against opponents who out play you.
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Know how to kill that rollie pollie easiest? Drag them away from the tower, the rock, the tree. I bet you 100$-

No, $200 USD that there is no one in the entire game that will engage 24 people and win in a field unless those 24 are absolutely abysmal (17k hp, no impen, no stuns, no ults). You can't do it, which is why they're hugging trees harder than a romantically confused druid on LSD.

Alternatively get a couple people to chase while one or two stand all around the rock and heavy attack with a lightning or rest staff. You'd be amazed how mad it makes them and how fast they drop when they can't control incoming damage.

Oh, and if you're not near an objective? Dude(ette) just ride away. There's no point. If you engage the 1vXer near some random rock 50 meters away from nikel, you've already lost.
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wtb video?
  • Imryll
    Imryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can siege the tower or just decline to play their game and go do something that is more useful for your alliance. If you don't feed them AP they're likely to leave eventually, and you can retake the resource then.

In my opinion the ability to discern that something is not worth your time is undervalued in Cyrodiil.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CP PvP, letting tanks faceroll noobs since 2015.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Walk away to open field.

If they chase, turn around all at once and kill them away from LOS.

Wait for salty tell about being zerged after they insisted on persisting.

Profit.
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There is no situation where one player can survive constantly receiving damage from 20 players for 8+min

There are many situation where one player can reliably avoid taking bulk of the damage from 20 players for 8+min. Sometimes because of such player skill, but most often because of lack of skill on side of 20ppl. Most of the time some nightblade running in resource tower is taking on average less damage than in 1v1 duel.
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've not seen this happen for 5+ minutes like others are saying, but seriously- I've hit people with Dawnbreaker before and their health bar literally did not budge.
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DocFrost72 wrote: »
    Know how to kill that rollie pollie easiest? Drag them away from the tower, the rock, the tree. I bet you 100$-

No, $200 USD that there is no one in the entire game that will engage 24 people and win in a field unless those 24 are absolutely abysmal (17k hp, no impen, no stuns, no ults). You can't do it, which is why they're hugging trees harder than a romantically confused druid on LSD.

Alternatively get a couple people to chase while one or two stand all around the rock and heavy attack with a lightning or rest staff. You'd be amazed how mad it makes them and how fast they drop when they can't control incoming damage.

Oh, and if you're not near an objective? Dude(ette) just ride away. There's no point. If you engage the 1vXer near some random rock 50 meters away from nikel, you've already lost.

I’ll take that bet; but you have to put up 5k for the exploit.

https://zerodium.com/program.html
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »
    There are some heavily unbalanced gear setups that allow this currently. A lot of it is being addressed for the next update (currently on PTS). The game will change in a couple of weeks, a lot.

This is just horribly untrue. There are no setups so broken rn that they would let one person take out a full raid. Nothing being nerfed will change large groups of noobs getting farmed by a few good players either. If that ever happens PvP will cease to depend on skill in anyway and it will be awful.
    Edited by Vapirko on July 31, 2019 11:28PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Sharee wrote: »

This is just horribly untrue. There are no setups so broken rn that they would let one person take out a full raid. Nothing being nerfed will change large groups of noobs getting farmed by a few good players either. If that ever happens PvP will cease to depend on skill in anyway and it will be awful.

Well I mean.... Like a raid of PvErs vs an overload sorc could kinda easily do it.

What I mean is, it is possible, I've done it back when power surge healed you for the amount of damage done. Killed the whole Pve raid (old school imp city)

But how can anyone here say what OP saw? We just can't
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Abhaya wrote: »
    An organized 4 man will stomp pugs like it’s nothing. All it takes is enough pugs to get full stacks on fury then communication to ULT drop together and bam; you have a tower farm.
    This answer cleverly disguises it's main poiint ;) with the throwaway line "you have a tower farm". As far as taking "no damage", that's the important ingredient. These players know how to move in a tower and the terrain in general. I know their kind. I've seen them run from me, into the tower, because they were afraid I was the spearhead of a zerg. They weren't totally wrong and would have focused me otherwise, but it was funny all the same.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abhaya wrote: »

Very much the case and has been in every game I have played.

Of course we are not getting enough information from OP to see if there is a real issue or just a perceived one due to going up against a strong group.
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dear @Barbara73 or should I say: Basiu :)

If by "raid group" you mean a group of pvers formed by a guild then they simply can't output enough damage to burst kill a player who has high damage mitigation.

Damage mitigation is a derived attribute that is calculated using damage resistance and healing over time. A build with very high damage mitigation often seems to be taking no damage in the battle simply because others can't overpower his self healing. For example my magblade was capable of fighting four enemy players of average skill in BG at once without using line of sight. All of them were firing at me but I had lots of self healing abilities and lots of resistance. I've been just killing them one by one. However when my MMR increased and I kept on getting more skilled players I couldn't repeat such feats.
    The same situation was happening to me years ago when I've been trying to kill a stamina build that stacked Weapon Damage and just used Vigor. I simply wasn't good enough back then.

In conclusion it is all about skill of players who are involved.
    And personally I think that a very highly skilled player should be able to put up a fight or even defeat a large group of low skill players. The same kept happening in historical battles in real life. Think about it: why wouldn't a skilled knight in full plate armour who practiced combat from the age of six, be able to defeat even dozens of malnourished, peasants who spend all their time working in the field, never saw real combat and are scared?

It's not only realistic but also very good for game. Some people get motivated by the thought that one day they may become so skilled and powerfull that they reverse the sides. I certainly was.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SodanTok wrote: »
    There is no situation where one player can survive constantly receiving damage from 20 players for 8+min

There are many situation where one player can reliably avoid taking bulk of the damage from 20 players for 8+min. Sometimes because of such player skill, but most often because of lack of skill on side of 20ppl. Most of the time some nightblade running in resource tower is taking on average less damage than in 1v1 duel.

Sometimes I don't think the 20+ groups even KNOW they are being attacked until its all over. I'm not sure they can even detect the 4-5 spread out enemies on their rear or flanks because of the crowd, then boom the ults drop. I don't think they appear to take damage because they just are not being damaged that much.

Edited by katorga on August 1, 2019 1:11AM
  • buttaface
    buttaface
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Immutable fact of MMOs I learned 20 years ago: There are far fewer cheaters, hackers, exploiters, bots than the average player base think there are, but far more than the "git gud" fanboi crowd will ever admit. Somewhere in the middle the truth lies.

I remember a game played 10 or so years ago where the client was very weak and exploitable and the game was cram full of speed-hackers, lag switchers, aimbotters, etc. who would go on the forums and make the same "skillz!" responses seen whenever this topic gets brought up. "You just weren't hitting him," when players would pour dead on shots into a lag switcher and no damage whatsoever would register. "He wasn't really invisible" in a game with no cloaking where cheaters regularly WERE invisible. One of the main hacker guilds was so brazen that they would post videos on the OFFICIAL FORUMS where they were moving around at the speed cap but were never activating any speed boosting skills.

Not familiar enough with ESO PvP to know one way or the other how easy it is to cheat, but doubt it's much different than the fact stated in the first paragraph. I DO know that cheaters tend to laugh behind their hands on forums as they holler "git gud" when they feel that they are safe from being caught.

OP, you just have to accept that these kinds of things exist in all online games and either carry on or play only FPS... where people STILL manage to cheat. It's an inevitable part of ALL MMOs, but almost always the small exception rather than the rule.
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They all should have light attacked him 2 times
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tank meta + low damage pugs + LOS + OP heals from magDK = 4v20 tower farm. I saw it today at Ales farm. Pelican + 3 friends (at least 3 out 4 were DKs) farmed these pugs long enough for the rest of the EP zerg to burst Ales from the north unnoticed. There’s just so many players that have very little ability to put together a build that can come close to one of the top tier players. Whether they’re just incredibly skilled, they’re cheating, or they’re just taking advantage of unbalanced aspects of the game is impossible to know for sure without some video evidence,
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    kaithuzar wrote: »
    DocFrost72 wrote: »

I’ll take that bet; but you have to put up 5k for the exploit.

https://zerodium.com/program.html

You know, I really shouldn't have to say "without cheating or exploiting"...
    Edited by DocFrost72 on August 1, 2019 4:29AM