Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Faction night capping...fine as is?

• Soul_Demon
    Soul_Demon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What if each bar of pop represented 33.33% of AP gain. So if one faction had say three bars and was hitting while the other faction has say one bar, you make the total AP they gain two bars less than the full AP amount...or -66% of full AP to include keep takes. When they hit a faction or take keeps or resources against a faction with two bars to their three its -33% of full AP.

You could make a one bar faction attacking players and keeps for a 3 bar factions AP be +66% more AP and so on. This would make even bars pops give 100% full AP for kills and keep takes to encourage low pops to play hard and reward it and stacked factions gain reflective amount of AP for the effort put out. You could have this apply with exactly the same % drop or gain with current points value system in place for resources, keeps, and scrolls to keep score commensurate with populations when score is earned. This would probably need the low pop bonus to be done away with and score tabulations every 5-10 mins to work, but could be rather effective for points and AP balancing.

The paradigm for swapping over to a faction would reverse and become people rushing to the low pop faction for AP gains-

Posted this in another thread, but coding this seems doable since it would only require equations in place to be tweaked. Seems pretty fair to have each bar represent 33.33% of full ap- even bars no matter what would give 100% ap and points for score, plus or minus one bar or two in either direction would result in either plus 33-66% increase or 33-66% decrease from full ap and points.

Edited by Soul_Demon on July 27, 2019 2:51PM
  • Rowjoh
    Rowjoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AD's night-capping-to-win seems to have finally been countered on the EU server main campaign (Kaalgrontiid).

I never understood why DC and EP didn't muster any sort of challenge at all as AD 'won' the campaign easily month after month for years, as all that was required was a healthier player presence on earlier in the daytime.

Now that this is happening AD look like being dominated for the foreseeable as their continued night-capping has no effect on the campaign outcome.
    Edited by Rowjoh on July 27, 2019 7:16PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    I don't think DCs biggest problem is "zergs and the hammer".

DC's biggest problem is that the players are OP ( in a bad way ). If AD nightcaps/winning then DC goes primary for EP. If EP is winning DC goes primary for AD. I just don't understand, DC helps the winning alliance get more points by not putting pressure on them.

This reminds me of the current DC alliance in Kaal/NA/PC.
    -

In the early days of this game when we pop locked two campaigns every evening we had some good strategy. Most of those people have long left this game behind and the strategy (if I can call it that) is so simplistic that it is sad. Unless we get leaders that think like they used to I see no hope for Cyrodiil becoming interesting like it used to be.
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delphinia wrote: »
    Currently, the map looks like this (PC/NA) Kaal camp... and does quite often during what may be considered "prime time" .. (it hasn't changed much and is now about midnight/1 am est Sat morning) ... also interesting to note that it was very similar just earlier in the day .. approximately 10 am est Friday, or so hours before.... Seems that a majority of the hours, the map appears as below, yet, it does seem to change drastically as someone posted above around 4 am est.

https://youtu.be/AjDbAPSbA3g

AD been 3-barred to poplocked every night in oceanic, which isn't 10pm EST, usually oceanic is considered 12-1am EST and onwards.

Funny how an oceanic player comes on and points out an issue about oceanic faction imbalances and AD players start going at her/him like they don't play oceanic or something.

There has been a huge top in balance in faction numbers for a very long time in Oceanic, it's not a new issue, just being denied regardless of any evidence and the constant differences in faction pops every night.

Yes, agreed on timing. It’s not from 10 PM EST. It is from 1 AM EST.

The picture is simply from last night (actually, early this morning).

As I pointed out, that picture is from approximately 1 AM EST Saturday.

Interesting to note that it was a similar map around 10 AM EST the day before (Friday).
    It stayed fairly constant give or take a few keeps throughout most of (what some would consider "prime time").

In addition, I also stated that it changed drastically around 4 AM EST.

In other words, the map has AD being pushed to gates during a majority of what some would consider "prime time" (again some would). Then AD pushed out after around 3-4 AM EST.

During hours after 3 AM EST, it changed and AD pushed out and North and it looked closer to the map that someone else already posted earlier in this thread saying it was during "oceanic"; I think the time being equivalent to 3 AM EST.

The picture above is a reflection of the state of the map around 1AM EST.

Sorry if it was a little confusing to you when first reading. Hopefully, that explanation is more clear. This is just for added informational purposes and as a follow up to the map that had been posted earlier in this thread.

I was posting a map from the start of “oceanic” time and as you mentioned, most consider that to be around 1 AM EST.

It wasn’t until around 3 or 4 AM that it began to change and began to look like the map as someone else posted earlier at around the same time which shows AD dominating a larger portion of the map.

If someone could post a full 24 hour time lapse, that would be very interesting to see. I may try to work on that. It might be good to know how many hours the map shows each faction either at their gates, or dominating.

For instance, it would help provide more factual evidence for players to make better informed decisions about the state of pvp on a particular campaign. If a faction only dominates the map 20% of the time and 80%, is being pushed to their gates. Or, if two factions only spend 20% of the time fighting each other and 80%, they’re actually pushing on one faction.

This type of time lapse map might be helpful for all players to see both in their own prime time and what each player considers to be their oceanic.

Edited by Delphinia on July 28, 2019 1:04AM
  • Rowjoh
    Rowjoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    In the early days of this game when we pop locked two campaigns every evening we had some good strategy. Most of those people have long left this game behind and the strategy (if I can call it that) is so simplistic that it is sad. Unless we get leaders that think like they used to I see no hope for Cyrodiil becoming interesting like it used to be.

Except it has just become much more interesting (PC EU Kaalgrontiid) as AD are playing 3rd fiddle to DC and EP for the 2nd month running.

(For those not in the loop on PC NA, AD have been winning pretty much every campaign every month for years by huge margins until recently.)

Time will tell if this becomes the new trend of course but for now the new approach with better strategic game-play to counter the years of night-cap driven campaign wins is making for an overall healthier and more rewarding pvp experience.
    Edited by Rowjoh on July 27, 2019 7:43PM
  • Sevn
    Sevn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whatever restrictions that are implemented on someone else's primetime needs to be implemented on EVERYONE'S primetime. Can't believe the idea of telling a group, sorry your efforts don't matter because score limit was reached an hour ago.

Let's see how the "important" primetimers like having their entire play time and efforts mean jack like they keep proposing for the "lesser primetimers".
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man, true nobility is being superior to your former self
    -Hemingway
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    maxjapank wrote: »
    Kadoin wrote: »
    Currently, the map looks like this (PC/NA) Kaal camp... and does quite often during what may be considered "prime time" .. (it hasn't changed much and is now about midnight/1 am est Sat morning) ... also interesting to note that it was very similar just earlier in the day .. approximately 10 am est Friday, or so hours before.... Seems that a majority of the hours, the map appears as below, yet, it does seem to change drastically as someone posted above around 4 am est.

Oh please, those same AD PvDoor guilds been PvDooring the map for years and some of them did so when it was DC's turn to dominate the night map. They know who they are and know exactly when to log off so they aren't embarrassed and trashed when the population evens out. No one should be defending those guilds. They have no skill and no real tactic besides balling up on 1-bar factions, yet some AD would choose to do so just because it helps them win. Pathetic.

And yes, some of those losers championed faction lock on this very forum because they hated when others in their own faction swapped to EP & DC and kept score balanced or stopped them from stealing scrolls and getting super ticks. Now they go and do whatever they want assisted by ZOS' stupid lock system that clearly is not working to accomplish anything besides massive score imbalances, the very thing people complained about a lack of locks causing!

Someone mentioned those JPN "EP" guilds that would appear on EP, yeah those were actually JPN AD guilds fed up with AD's crap every night and swapped around to, you know, actually get a fight in instead of sit around looking stupid or taking scrolls with no resistance and patting themselves on the back. Almost sounds like they were playing the game!

And I thought EU server was full of it.

Lol. Are you what is called "fake news"? While tis true that AD has an overwhelming Oceanic presence now. It hasn't always been the case. But you sound real salty. The animosity you harbor towards AD is understandable if you've been beaten one too many times. But it really makes it hard to take you seriously.

Anyways, I've mentioned in a couple of threads now. DC will have a few more hopping over to you next campaign. So hopefully DC will at least welcome a few more players and AD will find more challenging things to do.

Salty? I wouldn't be taljing big on the forums if I were in a 24 man that got farmed by 5 EP every night pre-lock. But yeah, fake news. Just like your guild isn't a PvDoor one that logs the moment you all get wiped. Oh wait...
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Oh please, those same AD PvDoor guilds been PvDooring the map for years and some of them did so when it was DC's turn to dominate the night map. They know who they are and know exactly when to log off so they aren't embarrassed and trashed when the population evens out. No one should be defending those guilds. They have no skill and no real tactic besides balling up on 1-bar factions, yet some AD would choose to do so just because it helps them win. Pathetic.

And yes, some of those losers championed faction lock on this very forum because they hated when others in their own faction swapped to EP & DC and kept score balanced or stopped them from stealing scrolls and getting super ticks. Now they go and do whatever they want assisted by ZOS' stupid lock system that clearly is not working to accomplish anything besides massive score imbalances, the very thing people complained about a lack of locks causing!

Someone mentioned those JPN "EP" guilds that would appear on EP, yeah those were actually JPN AD guilds fed up with AD's crap every night and swapped around to, you know, actually get a fight in instead of sit around looking stupid or taking scrolls with no resistance and patting themselves on the back. Almost sounds like they were playing the game!

Lol. Are you what is called "fake news"? While tis true that AD has an overwhelming Oceanic presence now. It hasn't always been the case. But you sound real salty. The animosity you harbor towards AD is understandable if you've been beaten one too many times. But it really makes it hard to take you seriously.

Anyways, I've mentioned in a couple of threads now. DC will have a few more hopping over to you next campaign. So hopefully DC will at least welcome a few more players and AD will find more challenging things to do.

Salty? I wouldn't be taljing big on the forums if I were in a 24 man that got farmed by 5 EP every night pre-lock. But yeah, fake news. Just like your guild isn't a PvDoor one that logs the moment you all get wiped. Oh wait...

Bring it. We’ll be on DC soon enough.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I don't think you realize this: you and your guild are non-factors. It's not amazing to anyone to see a guild PvDoor the map all the time, except maybe to you and your guild. Your guild is a meme at this point, but like I said, keep pretending that is not the case on the forums. It will be funny to see what you do next patch. Maybe it will be time for your guild to take a "break" again :D
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I don't think you realize this: you and your guild are non-factors. It's not amazing to anyone to see a guild PvDoor the map all the time, except maybe to you and your guild. Your guild is a meme at this point, but like I said, keep pretending that is not the case on the forums. It will be funny to see what you do next patch. Maybe it will be time for your guild to take a "break" again :D

Rofl. I love the salt. But I don’t know whether to laugh at you or pity you. See you on the battlefield.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Rofl. I love the salt. But I don’t know whether to laugh at you or pity you. See you on the battlefield.

You won't because every time you have your guild got wiped or "strategically retreated," so...
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You won't because every time you have your guild got wiped or "strategically retreated," so...

Ok. Whatever man. See you on the battlefield.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rowjoh wrote: »
    idk wrote: »

Except it has just become much more interesting (PC EU Kaalgrontiid) as AD are playing 3rd fiddle to DC and EP for the 2nd month running.

(For those not in the loop on PC NA, AD have been winning pretty much every campaign every month for years by huge margins until recently.)

Time will tell if this becomes the new trend of course but for now the new approach with better strategic game-play to counter the years of night-cap driven campaign wins is making for an overall healthier and more rewarding pvp experience.

The period you mention becoming more interesting is the period that happens to be the return of faction locks.

The lack of faction locks helps create balance. Yes, there were some issues with scroll swiping and such that Zos could have fixed but instead took the lazy way out but did not fix the real issue.

So you have what you have, but none of this has anything to do with the misplaced notion of night capping.
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Need a 4th AI alliance that is always 3 bars.

late at night your still gonna need to somewhat work with the other alliances to help fend off this ai alliance all while scheming to edge out the other 2 human alliances.

Id also like to see from 3pm est to midnight the alliance cap for AD, DC and EP to be brought up to 150. That way during prime the map is spread out.
  • Scritchel
    Scritchel
    ✭✭✭
    Well if an Alchuri is going to dc then you know at least 60 others are going also. Alchuris do not travel alone.
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Scritchel wrote: »
    Well if an Alchuri is going to dc then you know at least 60 others are going also. Alchuris do not travel alone.

lol. So many Alchuri stalkers. :) Not sure how many, prob 10 or so. So not that many. But hope AD don't get too upset at us. Just enjoy the fights, kill me, stomp on me if you must. As long as you had a good time and got your money's worth. Cheers.
  • Rowjoh
    Rowjoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote:

The period you mention becoming more interesting is the period that happens to be the return of faction locks.

The lack of faction locks helps create balance. Yes, there were some issues with scroll swiping and such that Zos could have fixed but instead took the lazy way out but did not fix the real issue.

So you have what you have, but none of this has anything to do with the misplaced notion of night capping.

lol, I do know what Faction Lock is and what the pro's and con's are.

Scroll swiping was only an occasional issue, annoying when it happened but didnt last long and didn't have a significant bearing on the campaign result. Whereas AD's incessant night-capping to win (PC EU Vivec - now Kaalgrontiid) did. For years.

Faction Lock has helped counter that and there's a better campaign balance right now.

Edited by Rowjoh on July 29, 2019 2:22PM
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel sorry for those Oceanic players who never get to see what ESO Cyro is really about.
    Primetime is a blast! it's laggy as hell but fuuk you get to play guild v guild and its fun.
    Stacking onto one faction in oceanic time doesn't even give you the slightest sense of what it's like.
    I'm feeling that you miss out on so much. It would be better if your spread out a little.
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    dtsharples wrote: »
    I feel sorry for those Oceanic players who never get to see what ESO Cyro is really about.
    Primetime is a blast! it's laggy as hell but fuuk you get to play guild v guild and its fun.
    Stacking onto one faction in oceanic time doesn't even give you the slightest sense of what it's like.
    I'm feeling that you miss out on so much. It would be better if your spread out a little.

Another player who thinks he knows what Oceanic is about. lol.
  • Sacredx
    Sacredx
    ✭✭✭

My experience of NA primetime
    1. High chance of the server kicking you out when you get close to a large group, which takes anywhere between 5 to 10 minutes to get back because the game gives you errors when re-logging.
    2. You may even get booted out of Cyro and have to join queue again resulting in a long wait to get back in.
    3. If you had a group that group is now broken to pieces.
    4. IF you make it past 1, skills, movement and everything around you has about a 5 second delay. Any cc will just about lock you down because you can't react due to lag. You die for no reason.
    5. There is no sense to play as you can't do anything.

My experience of OCE primetime
    1. No waiting to get in, no getting kicked while playing.
    2. No lag except for ping and server processing (ie. normal).
    3. Skills and movement works as you expect it to.
    4. Group fights are actually playable and happen on oce.
    5. You can actually login, play and enjoy it.

I feel sorry for the NA players really. I logged on NA prime the other day and the above speaks for itself. Not worth.

So if you play on OCE you are not missing out on anything other than an unplayable experience.
    Edited by Sacredx on July 29, 2019 3:05AM
    PC NA PvP Oceanic
    The Kelly Gang [TKG]
    Highest kill streak: https://i.imgur.com/V6jJhoy.png
    KB sample: https://i.imgur.com/n7TFyZr.png
    TKG raid sample: https://youtube.com/watch?v=RkrsHg3T7pc
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And an actually reasonably fair fight

• Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

That's cute. There's these things called weekend, you know....
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

And yes, some of those losers championed faction lock on this very forum because they hated when others in their own faction swapped to EP & DC and kept score balanced or stopped them from stealing scrolls and getting super ticks.

Or even just scoring some AP or having some fun.

The above map says "not fun". No matter what faction you're on.
  • AlanTheDragonLord
    AlanTheDragonLord
    ✭✭✭
    why are there still discussions about this?

* When us poor Aussie/Kiwi/Asian players are sleeping, the US players always seem to 'nightcap' us, so that it then becomes a grind for us to get the keeps back.

* When us poor US players are sleeping, the Aussies/Kiwis/Asians always seem to 'nightcap' us, so that it then becomes a grind for us to get the keeps back.

Well, hello! This is a 24 hour game open to the whole world. Not to mention there are Aussies etc who play during US prime time, and there are US players who play during Aussie prime time.

Stop the whinging about people playing while you're sleeping in this global game, and just get on with taking back the keeps for your faction!
    Edited by AlanTheDragonLord on July 30, 2019 2:01AM
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Point of order.. If you play PC NA in Kaal and all 3 factions aren't pop locked, it's not primetime. Also, if you're fighting guards to take keeps then it's not PvP.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stridig wrote: »
    Point of order.. If you play PC NA in Kaal and all 3 factions aren't pop locked, it's not primetime. Also, if you're fighting guards to take keeps then it's not PvP.

Bull&¥. Prime time is for whoever’s time it is. And every single player and guild has engaged in taking keeps quickly before opposition shows up. That’s part of the strategy.
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol. But not 8 to 10 hours before the opposition shows up.
    Edited by Stridig on July 30, 2019 2:52AM
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • Sacredx
    Sacredx
    ✭✭✭
    Stridig wrote: »

Point of order... learn what prime time means:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_time

Now look at all the countries and their prime time. This is a 24 hour campaign open to the world. Open your eyes.
    PC NA PvP Oceanic
    The Kelly Gang [TKG]
    Highest kill streak: https://i.imgur.com/V6jJhoy.png
    KB sample: https://i.imgur.com/n7TFyZr.png
    TKG raid sample: https://youtube.com/watch?v=RkrsHg3T7pc
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [snip]. The night cappers in non vet claim they dont have a choice because ping is too bad in a vet server. Here, people say primetime is whenever we want it to be whether there's any fights or not. It's silly. Why not just admit that you guys DO night cap and that you really dont care what anybody else thinks about it. At least that would be a reasonable response.

[edited for non-constructive comment]
    Edited by ZOS_RogerJ on July 30, 2019 5:36PM
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not siding with any faction here, but just pointing out that currently, it's 1:03 PM EST. EP=3 bars, AD=2 bars, DC=3 bars. DC and EP have their own keeps and most of AD's.. actually everything of AD's except Fare (yet...and they're working on that) EP and DC own everything of theirs. DC has BB and EP has BM... The map is quite divided up nicely between blue and red currently.

Does this qualify as day capping? Might actually be "night capping" for some players.. or, is it just tactics that work?

The way this game is set up, people should be able to play the game they paid for when they can play it. People have lives (hopefully) outside of the game and have to work, sleep, and "play rl" when others are playing eso.

I have a hard time picturing groups of players coordinating their daily real life schedules and changing work hours just to log in during what some consider to be "off" hours just to "night cap". Maybe they do, it's just not something that seems worth it and definitely not how I live my life.

So, let's say all things "seem" equal. You have all three factions at full pop. However, two factions are pushing on one faction. All three factions appear to have the same numbers. On the surface, everything appears balanced and equal. One would look at the pop bars and say, we're all pop locked, so it's okay... and it's during my "prime time", so it's okay... but, in actuality we know otherwise. Simply put, if we're talking 3 bars across the board, that's 6 bars against the 3. That faction that is pushed to its gates every day or night, during this "prime time", by two fully popped factions stands very little chance.. adding insult to injury is when those two factions also do not fight each other (with exception to a small scuffle at a resource every now and again).. If the faction that's being pushed to it's gates daily can rally the players and start to gain back some ground and then some, why shame that faction, regardless of whether it's one's day or night?
    Edited by Delphinia on July 30, 2019 8:53PM