The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PVP @ Killing too Much Faster (25K HP gone in seconds)

• mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aurielle wrote: »
    mairwen85 wrote: »
    Another 'macros ate my baby' thread...

I... might need to steal that for a guild name.

I'd join that guild! :lol:
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aurielle wrote: »
    mairwen85 wrote: »
    Another 'macros ate my baby' thread...

I... might need to steal that for a guild name.

Or PvP montage video.
    PC EU
  • LuxLunae
    LuxLunae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord_Eomer wrote: »
    Surprised to attacked by Player who is taking seconds to kill (25K HP gone in seconds), PC EU BG.

Is this player using Macro or cheats?

GwUHTFK.png

In their eyes they are doing a normal movement...

on your side ... it looks like an instant kill...The server quickly says you are dead before displaying all previous skill animations...

Sometimes this leads to my bar being all blacked out when I am at low health... just for it to be restored seconds later because I didn't die.. but the server wanted to say i was...

This is why zos is adding in cooldowns.. people were so good at animation cancelling that it just looked like an insta death...
    Edited by LuxLunae on July 27, 2019 3:12PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LuxLunae wrote: »
    Lord_Eomer wrote: »
    Surprised to attacked by Player who is taking seconds to kill (25K HP gone in seconds), PC EU BG.

Is this player using Macro or cheats?

GwUHTFK.png

In their eyes they are doing a normal movement...

on your side ... it looks like an instant kill...The server quickly says you are dead before displaying all previous skill animations...

Sometimes this leads to my bar being all blacked out when I am at low health... just for it to be restored seconds later because I didn't die.. but the server wanted to say i was...

This is why zos is adding in cooldowns.. people were so good at animation cancelling that it just looked like an insta death...

When that happens, it's not animation canceling as used by players.

Animation cancelling combines an action (a bash, a light attack) with a skill.

What you describe is when the server fails to display multiple skills + actions, until it displays them all at once, often overwhelming the player.

So if you wanna call that "animation canceling" then the only one canceling/delaying anything is the server.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Soul Shriven
    Hello everyone,

Just a reminder to stay constructive and respectful when discussing the topic of this thread. For further posts be sure to stay constructive and respectful regardless of where you stand on the subject, keep in mind that baiting and flaming are both against the Forum Rules.

Thank you for understanding.
    Staff Post
  • BlackMadara
    BlackMadara
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »
    Gilvoth wrote: »
    killing people in 3 seconds is just unacceptable and is not fair gameplay.
    animation canceling needs to be removed.

Technically it is fair simply because it's possible. But it's not FUN.

As for removing animation cancelling -- ZOS would need to "get good" first. And then rebalance all the PvE dps-check boss fights.
    I seriously think this is a bug that became a feature. Don't know any other game with reasonable PvP that is fun for all players that has this.

League of Legends, a very popular game with only PvP, has animation cancelling. It has CDs on skills but no global cooldown. I can skill > basic attack > skill > ultimate skill in less that a second. You time your skill to go off after your basic attack or other skill registers. Same concept, slightly different implementation, and promotes a dispaly of skill.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sergykid wrote: »
    Royaji wrote: »
    Within 6 seconds you were hit with 3 skills (3 elemental weapons). Everything else were procs and DoTs. This is way slower than the fastest possible rate of 1 skill every 0.9 seconds.

look at the middle, there was a flame reach and an ele weapon 0.5 sec one from the other.

Flame Reach has a DOT element to the skill, also a travel time, and Elemental Weapon triggers from the light attack as far as I can tell.

Not to mention, you can cast a light attack, then flame reach, then ele weapon and as long as the light attack hasn't hit the target yet ele weapon will apply to the precasted light attack. I do this all the time on my bow/bow build. Let's you line up a ton of burst.
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »
    Seen people killing Mammoths (over 100k) in the Rift consistently at around 4 seconds.
    This is why PvP in ESO isn't a lot of fun.

In SWTOR it takes longer, meaning teammates with roles like tank or heal can actually do their roles, and everyone can contribute and actually have some teamwork going.

trash mobs aren't the same as players. About a year ago I could one-shot most beasties for about 116k-120k :tongue:
    Joined January 2014
    PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • Trancestor
    Trancestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idwilson wrote: »
    Animation cancelling is a strange thing for developers pretty much everywhere to leave in.

If the animation is part of whatever you're doing then it shouldn't be possible to end it.

If isn't core to the skill because it can be cancelled then why have it at all.

There are uber keyboard/mousers who have elite skills in terms of brain finger speed/coordination who generate immense DPS that is far beyond me, which then drives content that the ordinary player cannot do.

For a maximise income/minimise expense model such as ESO, I'd have thought they'd do their best to level playing fields a bit.
    No, the 1 second global cooldown does not allow for such a thing to exist, literally all you need to do is press left mouse click and right after that press a skill and there you can do same dps as everyone. Of course lag is a factor and people with lower pings have a slight advantage that they can animation cancel more smoothly, but it's nothing drastic. "Skill" is a myth in ESO.