Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PVP @ Killing too Much Faster (25K HP gone in seconds)

• alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this is what happens when light attacks, animation canceling happens, and the lag, zos keeps nurfing sets etc instead of increasing the gobal cool down time, this would stop the high dps in the game, but looking at it the main problem was the lag, lag is the main probs in pvp, plus 20+ on 1 person, all i can say is move, move move and dont stand still
    Main character dk - Vanikifar whitestrike
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord_Eomer wrote: »
    Asgari wrote: »
    Am i reading the buffs part right.. you only had your armor buff up 50% of the time.. id say thats your problem

Anyway damage was too faster, can not believe so many hits in a sec and hardly a single dot was incomming

Its called bursting. The player cant win an a drawn out fight so they develop a rotation that hits you with a lot of damage quickly, not giving you any time to react. If youre not built to mitigate it all or dodge it, then youre not gonna win.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL, this thread makes me want to cry:

Infused Flame enchant + Light attack + Elemental Weapon + Flame Reach dot + Burning proc = CHEATING CHEATER!!!
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Nevasca
    Nevasca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »
    killing people in 3 seconds is just unacceptable and is not fair gameplay.
    animation canceling needs to be removed.

Average human reactions is 250ms, 3s it's 12 times that. It's plenty of time. Also you don't need to animation cancel to Sub > Heavy > DBos hit at the same time, definitly easier to hit DBoS stun by AC but not needed. Also if you're getting killed by that combo 100-0 from only one person, you really need to adjust your build or learn how to block, it's pretty obvious when it's coming.
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Donny_Vito wrote: »
    I didn't do the math (too early), but it seems like the 25k HP was lost in more than 1 second? First timestamp is 71 seconds, and then the last one is almost 77 seconds. Again, maybe I'm missing something or I should actually add the numbers up, but I feel like you might be overreacting.

I was continuously healing,

Damage is too much faster incoming, see my total healing.

How can someone doing many hit in very shorter time?

The damage burst in PvP on this game is just over the top and there isn't much you can do about it. I've had characters with 50k health and max resistance slaughtered in a matter of seconds in this game's silly PvP.

It's stupid. But it's just the way it is. This game isn't like other games you may have played where you can actually heal through incoming damage. Don't try that on this game because it won't end well.
  • No_Division
    No_Division
    ✭✭✭
    Dear @Lord_Eomer
    The fight took 6 seconds.
    You claim that you were healing yourself every second.
    I can heal/shield myself around 10k per second in full defense mode.
    You were killed by a single Flame Reach and three Elemental Weapons.
    As @Juhasow mentioned, your enemy was doiong merely 4k dps on you.

I'm going to be honest and blunt with you. You build is pathetic. Your self healing is pathetic. Your damage mitigation is pathetic. Change it. You are responsible for this. You and only you.

and that is being nice. OP, bulk up and be honest with your playing; its the only way to improve.
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dear snip
    The fight took 6 seconds.
    You claim that you were healing yourself every second.
    I can heal/shield myself around 10k per second in full defense mode.
    You were killed by a single Flame Reach and three Elemental Weapons.
    As snip mentioned, your enemy was doiong merely 4k dps on you.

I'm going to be honest and blunt with you. You build is pathetic. Your self healing is pathetic. Your damage mitigation is pathetic. Change it. You are responsible for this. You and only you.

We've all thought it but he said it. Thank you.
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »
    Within 6 seconds you were hit with 3 skills (3 elemental weapons). Everything else were procs and DoTs. This is way slower than the fastest possible rate of 1 skill every 0.9 seconds.

look at the middle, there was a flame reach and an ele weapon 0.5 sec one from the other.
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sergykid wrote: »
    Within 6 seconds you were hit with 3 skills (3 elemental weapons). Everything else were procs and DoTs. This is way slower than the fastest possible rate of 1 skill every 0.9 seconds.

look at the middle, there was a flame reach and an ele weapon 0.5 sec one from the other.

Flame Reach has a DOT element to the skill, also a travel time, and Elemental Weapon triggers from the light attack as far as I can tell.
    Edited by VaranisArano on July 26, 2019 7:24PM
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

flame reach has travel time, because it is a projectile.
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Flame Reach which deals 427 damage? While Ele Weapon does 2.5k? And LA are at 1.5k? It's not hard.

The initial hit of Flame Reach is not even on the recap. Just the DoT ticks.
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would say they gave you too much time.

s3YCLpf.png

I wonder how many seconds you would have lasted against something like this.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »
    Definietly not cheats. Intervals between elemental weapon hits are withit 0,9 sec global cooldown rest are just status effects from ele weapon , enchantment procs and reach DoT ticks. Only thing that boosted that persons burst damage propably at opening was smart usage of elemental weapon and connecting it with reach into 1 combo simply by casting ele weapon 1st and then doing light attack+reach in next weave so there was la+ele weapon+reach+ optionally enchantment hitting at the same time but that is a pure guess since if it happened it was earlier in combat log.

As for the amount of damage it's also pretty regular nothing shady here. Mistakes were made mostly on Your side @Lord_Eomer by allowing that enemy to treat You like a dummy parse and letting him contiinously weave attacks at You when You were just spamming heals which by the way seems to be pretty low which suggest Your build may be also not very great. You've just met decent player and allowed him to go purely into offense against You so there could be only one outcome. As for the damage itself 25k dmg in little bit less then 6 seconds gives something slightly over 4k DPS which is pretty standard and nothing to be suprised about.

I am pretty good in BG, it was not a dummy parse. I was dodging a lot and healing but still got hit pretty much straight away!

You are guessing from log but I wish to have a video instead!

Anyway Elemental Weapon applying random effect without cool-down is an unfair advantage and might need some tweaking.

The only thing that requires tweaking is Your attitude @Lord_Eomer . I think You dont even fully understand what You're saying about elemental weapon. You're "pretty good in BG" propably because You have low MMR so You are usually queued with some casual players but when You face somebody that knows how to play reality hits hard. Based on Your relation and combat log You've posted yes it was a dummy parse for Your enemy since You were acting like a dummy for him allowing him to freely dish out the damage which wasn't even that high at 1st place when Your heal at the same time was pretty low. Simply accept it. The sooner You'll do that the faster You'll improve.
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Seen people killing Mammoths (over 100k) in the Rift consistently at around 4 seconds.
    This is why PvP in ESO isn't a lot of fun.

In SWTOR it takes longer, meaning teammates with roles like tank or heal can actually do their roles, and everyone can contribute and actually have some teamwork going.
  • jetplane_18
    jetplane_18
    ✭✭✭
    Why isn't anyone asking for the healing events on the combat metrics recap?
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »
    Seen people killing Mammoths (over 100k) in the Rift consistently at around 4 seconds.
    This is why PvP in ESO isn't a lot of fun.

In SWTOR it takes longer, meaning teammates with roles like tank or heal can actually do their roles, and everyone can contribute and actually have some teamwork going.

I practice on them and want to have them down before POTL explodes on my stamplar and I run a but tanky and full impen. I have to imagine a PVE build with 80k DPS would trivialize it down to a couple seconds
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can you please stop looking over the damn evidence that you're wrong when it suits your narrative?! This really directed at you, OP, it's directed at anybody in this thread touting the same nonsense that animation cancelling or cheats allow you to be killed in half a second.

You've been proven wrong time and time again, your messages and combat reports have been dissected in front of your eyes, and yet you continue to conveniently ignore all of it, pushing your narrative that animation cancelling or whatever is the spawn of Satan and if it were to be removed this game would be a utopian dreamscape.

[Edit to remove bait]
    Edited by [Deleted User] on July 27, 2019 7:16PM
  • WaltherCarraway
    WaltherCarraway
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Average human reactions is 250ms, 3s it's 12 times that. It's plenty of time. Also you don't need to animation cancel to Sub > Heavy > DBos hit at the same time, definitly easier to hit DBoS stun by AC but not needed. Also if you're getting killed by that combo 100-0 from only one person, you really need to adjust your build or learn how to block, it's pretty obvious when it's coming.

block subterranean assault... cool story.
    Back from my last hiatus. 2021 a new start.
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    LegacyDM wrote: »

48276266357_17e098ddea_k.jpg

Here we have HA-->Sub Assault --->DoS all in the same second

48276280227_4f62397e1b_k.jpg

Here we have a Cutting Dive ---->Heavy Attack ----> Sub Assault all in the same second followed by a DoS one second later. Poor game play design and BS.

48276265722_62c1c1ea28_k.jpg

Here we have a lethal arrow ----> Draining Shot all in the same second.

48276182731_01c7713dee_k.jpg

Here's an interesting one. An Ambush ----> Lethal Arrow. In the same second. Now how did he get an ambush off with a skill that actually requires a 1s channel cast time all in the same second. Not sure.

48276266162_fe425c2cff_k.jpg

Here we have Dizzying Swing ---->Reverse Slice --->Sub Assault all in the same second.

45839221731_cc496659c1_h.jpg

And my personal favorite. Two focused aims in the same second.

So being beat in a game by someone more skilled then you is not fair....smh.

Op, no cheats or macros in what you're showing. Just work on your skills and builds, you'll get better with experience. :)
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Technically it is fair simply because it's possible. But it's not FUN.

As for removing animation cancelling -- ZOS would need to "get good" first. And then rebalance all the PvE dps-check boss fights.
    I seriously think this is a bug that became a feature. Don't know any other game with reasonable PvP that is fun for all players that has this.
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on July 27, 2019 6:26AM
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You seem to be a prime example of the dunning-kruger effect. Sitting right at the peak of Mt. S.

You´re saying you´re pretty good at bgs - yet post a perfectly normal damage recap asking macros or cheats. Exposing that you have absolutely no idea what is actually going on.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• EmEm_Oh
    EmEm_Oh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To the OP, it's your heals. The attacker has a rotation and you didn't break out of it. I gnerally pop a potion in these cases, re-heal the come back.

Look at your healing stats again. I don't see anything odd, but do try to increase Mutagen or use something else.
  • Lumber
    Lumber
    ✭✭
    This is so biaised... OP should have shown the incoming damage tab.

Here is what truly happened :

OP was in Arcane University BG map, took a Worm Cult Curse hit from using red portal (10% uptime in buff tab).
    Then a flame reach stun + 3 more elemental weapon weaved with light attacks over more than 6 seconds...

And the only defense was a break free and some pathetic heals.

Nothing wrong here, move on.

• fierackas
    fierackas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should never have left the Riddermark
  • idwilson
    idwilson
    ✭✭
    Animation cancelling is a strange thing for developers pretty much everywhere to leave in.

If the animation is part of whatever you're doing then it shouldn't be possible to end it.

If isn't core to the skill because it can be cancelled then why have it at all.

There are uber keyboard/mousers who have elite skills in terms of brain finger speed/coordination who generate immense DPS that is far beyond me, which then drives content that the ordinary player cannot do.

For a maximise income/minimise expense model such as ESO, I'd have thought they'd do their best to level playing fields a bit.
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Another 'macros ate my baby' thread...
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    idwilson wrote: »
    Animation cancelling is a strange thing for developers pretty much everywhere to leave in.
    If the animation is part of whatever you're doing then it shouldn't be possible to end it.

The animation time is part of the "cost" of the skill. Except for light attack, pretty much all the other attacks have it, so it's the odd one out. And by cancelling it you've gotten a huge discount on that time-cost.

But the devs call it a "feature" -- they feature it in a loading screen tip. <.<
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on July 27, 2019 12:33PM
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

block subterranean assault... cool story.

You do realize they changed it in Elswyr or the patch before so that you can block it, right?
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    idwilson wrote: »

If isn't core to the skill because it can be cancelled then why have it at all.

There are uber keyboard/mousers who have elite skills in terms of brain finger speed/coordination who generate immense DPS that is far beyond me, which then drives content that the ordinary player cannot do.

For a maximise income/minimise expense model such as ESO, I'd have thought they'd do their best to level playing fields a bit.

Go do vet HM content intentionally waiting for each and every animation to finish before you perform another action (block, dodge, bash, bar swap, cast a skill), and you'll see why animation cancelling is a thing, and why it's necessary in an active/reactive combat system.

Fun fact, Path of Exile had to add animation cancelling to its existing combat system that never used to have it, because melee playstyles were so unresponsive. You had to build a metric *** ton of attack speed just to be able to react to telegraphs and mechanics, which significantly hurt build diversity and the barrier to entry for newer players (weapons with high attack speed cost an arm and a leg to buy from other players). Since adding animation cancelling, melee combat in Path of Exile is the best its ever been, because it's just more fluid and fun.
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mairwen85 wrote: »
    Another 'macros ate my baby' thread...

I... might need to steal that for a guild name.