Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Update 23 - Feedback Thread for Multi-Crafting

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official feedback thread for multi-crafting. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
  • Which crafting stations did you check out?
  • Which features did you perform at the crafting station? Creation/refining/deconstruction/etc.
  • Was it clear how to perform the batch crafts?
  • Which UI were you using – keyboard/mouse or gamepad mode?
  • Do you have any other general feedback?
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please give us the ability to type in a number.

If I want to craft 1000 potions, I don't want to get the number of batches up to 250 by clicking "+" 250 times.
    Edited by code65536 on July 9, 2019 7:34AM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • SaucyMcSauceface
    SaucyMcSauceface
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love that it crafts them all in one go, rather than even the addon function that auto-crafted them one at a time. It is really nice to be able to ask for 200 potions and have them immediately.

As code asked, it would be nice to be able to enter a value rather than clicking though.

I am on a keyboard, and was testing on an alchemy station in my house.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one is curious, and not able to be in Tamriel right now.

With refining materials do you get all the stones and yellow materials in on go at the end?

Also if there is no number you can type in then, for materials, this one would prefer to continue to use Multicraft.

Pressing a button 100 times before refining a stack of wood is not possible, actually not physically possible without pain.

A refine all button would be most helpful and very welcome for all this one thinks.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

With refining materials do you get all the stones and yellow materials in on go at the end?

Also if there is no number you can type in then, for materials, this one would prefer to continue to use Multicraft.

Pressing a button 100 times before refining a stack of wood is not possible, actually not physically possible without pain.

A refine all button would be most helpful and very welcome for all this one thinks.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

There is a "Max" button that will set the number to the maximum possible. So if you're just refining and you have a Craft Bag, that's fine.

If I'm making potions, I don't want to use all 4000 flowers I have. I only make as much as I need for the next few days because potions take up precious inventory space. Multi-crafting in an intermediate quantity is not a good experience right now.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • GTech_1
    GTech_1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Brevity: PTS tested (5.1.0); All stations; All features (craft, refine, and deconstruct); UI was easy to use, and mostly clear (see below); Used KB and mouse UI.

Loved it!

First, a quick Pro-Tip, for others viewing this thread:
    Mouse over the Multi-craft number, and hold <shift> + scroll-wheel forward.
    This will increment the Multi-craft number 10 at a time. ;)
    (Note: This also works with other incremental number fields in the game, such as the "Buy Multiple" option on vendors, and when applying CP points.)

That said, I agree with the above posters.
    ZOS, please add the ability to type a specific number into the field.

Additional recommendations for the Multi-crafting UI:

Alchemy and Provisioning stations:
    Crafting UI:
    Please add a small, auto-populated, description above the incremental number field (visible priority #1), which lists the actual number of individual items that will be crafted. Something like "Brew (50) potions".

Why is this needed?: Alchemy and Provisioning each have passives that craft up to 4 servings per craft.
    (Ease of reference: Alchemy has the "Chemistry" passive; Provisioning has the "Chef" and "Brewer" passives.)

Accidentally, and instantly, burning through 50x the mats needed, while only crafting 50 potions (vs the 200 you thought you were crafting) would be quite painful to many, and would likely result in an increase it item restore requests through CS.
    "An ounce of prevention", and all that. ;)

Blacksmith, Clothier, Woodworking, JC and Enchant stations:
    Deconstruction UI:
    Re-use that same description text box I mentioned above to suggest adding additional items to deconstruct in one go. (something like "Select multiple items to save time")

Why is this needed?: Informs the player, and suggests use of the new feature.
    Personally, I knew I could select multiple items to decon, because I watched Finn do it the ESO Live stream ( B) ), but I don't recall anything in the new UI that actually told me I could do this.

As always, I hope this helps,
    ~GTech_1
    Chief of Unlimited
  • XIIICaesar
    XIIICaesar
    ✭✭✭
    Haven't been able to check yet (PTS downloading) but if say I craft 100 potions in one go, do I get the same amount of xp gain I would from creating 100 individual pots?
    Edited by XIIICaesar on July 10, 2019 10:51PM
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

There is a "Max" button that will set the number to the maximum possible. So if you're just refining and you have a Craft Bag, that's fine.

If I'm making potions, I don't want to use all 4000 flowers I have. I only make as much as I need for the next few days because potions take up precious inventory space. Multi-crafting in an intermediate quantity is not a good experience right now.

Shift + click goes up by 10's.

Scroll Wheel moves it rapidly (just like in the CP tree)

Although, I agree there should just be a text box to type in. (I'm sure an add-on will do this soon after launch)
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    60,005 achievement points
  • Sordidfairytale
    Sordidfairytale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Echo the request for the entry field for a more precise and quick method.

Perhaps also use that same solution on Champion Point interface as well. That would be super convenient.
    The Vegemite Knight

"if the skeleton kills you, your dps is too low." ~STEVIL

The Elder World of WarScrollCraft Online ~joaaocaampos
  • Sordidfairytale
    Sordidfairytale
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

You get all the refined mats in one go. You have 6000 raw ore, click the refine button you have zero ore and all the refined mats. So if you do not have the craft bag you will have to do some banker dancing if need be, because I'm sure that ZOS put in a logic stop to prevent you from refining past what you can have in your inventory.

The Vegemite Knight

"if the skeleton kills you, your dps is too low." ~STEVIL

The Elder World of WarScrollCraft Online ~joaaocaampos
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really love that i finally can do this crafting withing seconds. <3
    I redefined on pts a lot of jewelry dust. It took only 1 sec while on live i would have to wait for ages.
    I also like that there is a max button.

Some ideas for improvements:
    • let me enter a number directly
    • add the option craft one full stack (e.g. 200 pots)
    • for redefine section add in addition to max also redefine all materials
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Welcome to the world of console's. One click at a time. Sure hope they come up with a way to fix this for consoles as well. no mouse no wheel.
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And has anyone done a mat ratio test to find out if our mats that we get from multi refinement is the same as we we get from singular refinement of the same count ps4 player and yes please add count opportunities or its just same 1 push button 100x with all items getting made at end of all the button pushing +1 to actually craft seems old way better 1 less button
    It be easy to do an xxxxxxx option bar for make / refined with multiple ✔ items for decon option id thank you have auto add for banks gold and really anything you add in high count buying items gold everywhere you place or send non cod even asking for cod has auto add tho please make this if anything this patch worth staying for ty

P.S 5x grandmaster craftsmen ps4 crafting tbh reason i like game so much
    Edited by Nordic__Knights on July 14, 2019 12:44PM
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And has anyone done a mat ratio test to find out if our mats that we get from multi refinement is the same as we we get from singular refinement of the same count ps4 player and yes please add count opportunities or its just same 1 push button 100x with all items getting made at end of all the button pushing +1 to actually craft seems old way better 1 less button
    It be easy to do an xxxxxxx option bar for make / refined with multiple ✔ items for decon option id thank you have auto add for banks gold and really anything you add in high count buying items gold everywhere you place or send non cod even asking for cod has auto add tho please make this if anything this patch worth staying for ty

P.S 5x grandmaster craftsmen ps4 crafting tbh reason i like game so much

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/484205/pts-multiple-crafting-changes
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    60,005 achievement points
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    And has anyone done a mat ratio test to find out if our mats that we get

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/484205/pts-multiple-crafting-changes

Tyvm for test and tag
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love this feature, so much time saved, a great quality of life improvement!

One Request: Could Fish Fileting be added to Multicraft?