Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.0 maintenance and is currently unavailable.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

PTS Update 23 - Bug Reports for Combat & Class Abilities

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
Please report any issues you run into involving combat and gameplay balance in this thread. In general, we prefer you to use /bug in-game but if you’d rather submit a report here, please give us as much information as possible, including screenshots and/or video if applicable. Thank you!
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • DeathStalker
    DeathStalker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure where to put this but, Is the ability to buy skill lines, not on the test server, is it bugged for everyone or is it just bugged for me? Because I don't see it anywhere in the store
  • actosh
    actosh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Power Extraction: Notes say it reduces Weapondmg by 300. Tooltip ingame just calls out 200Weapon Dmg.
  • Noszet
    Noszet
    ✭✭✭
    Tri Focus passive: Lightning heavy attacks don't deal aoe damage right now.
  • sirmikael
    sirmikael
    Soul Shriven
    Degeneration ability restores 100 magicka during only first 3 ticks.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Concerning Gameplay Balance

Sorcerer has 5 class passives that are either entirely wasted or predominantly useless for stamina builds.

1) Rebate: You restore 1452 Magicka when one of your Daedric Summoning pets is killed or unsummoned.
    2) Expert Summoner: Increases your Max Health by 8% while you have a Daedric Summoning pet active.
    3) Blood Magic: When you hit an enemy with a Dark Magic ability, you heal for 10% of your Max Health. This effect can occur once every 0.5 seconds.
    4) Exploitation: When you cast a Dark Magic ability you grant Minor Prophecy to you and your group, increasing your Spell Critical by 1320 for 20 seconds.
    5) Capacitor: Increases your Magicka Recovery by 10%.

Please, please. please make stamina sorcerer better fit the class passives. I would also go into the absurdity of pets being almost exclusive to magic and tanking, or how Dark Magic skills are all mostly magic, but I'd settle for just starting with passives.

There is a separate thread for balance concerns for pts as well as the sorc class rep thread.
    This thread is for bugs, can a mod pls move the post to the appropiate thread?
    Ty
  • DarkestMagick
    DarkestMagick
    Soul Shriven
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Blast Bones is still heavily delayed. Was the delay "fix" not included in this pts cycle?
    Chimichangas > Life
  • tyr509
    tyr509
    ✭✭
    Using 2h skill brawler while walking will cause your character to stutter. Not sure about other morph.
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tooltips aren't reflecting buffs when active, liquid lightning animation canceling is still hit or miss, mostly miss.

• Altyrann
    Altyrann
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Purifying Light stored damage not firing in groups (trials in particular).

Puncturing Sweeps and Dark Flare animations longer than tooltip time, prevents light attack weaving.
  • sweatapodimas
    sweatapodimas
    ✭✭✭
    There seems to be a delay when casting deathstroke and dawnbreaker...awkward
    Edited by sweatapodimas on July 9, 2019 3:11PM
    "Jazz isn't dead, it just smells funny" - Frank Zappa
  • Vercingetorix
    Vercingetorix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There seems to be a delay when casting deathstroke and dawnbreaker...awkward

Those skills are now supposed to have a delay as well as being unable to be weaved - it was specifically mentioned in the patch notes. You have to completely let the animation finish in order to get the damage and effect for these ultimates as well as a few others.
    “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
  • sweatapodimas
    sweatapodimas
    ✭✭✭
    They do not state that it is to prevent weaving, they just say it's for matching animation or thereabouts. It still technically weaves, just awkward as hell.

Animation canceling is indeed jacked though.

If their intentions are to stop weaving and anima canceling then maybe they should state that more explicitly ;)

ADAPT we must ADAPT always > MMO evolutionary theory I guess :D
    "Jazz isn't dead, it just smells funny" - Frank Zappa
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    RE: Unstable Core
    This ability doesn't reliably work versus NPCs. It's not even a single source of unreliability that I can find. Some NPCs just don't proc it even when they are doing what appears to be classed as direct damage.

• Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I slot inner light on my frontbar and have 39.2kmag, then put it on my backbar as well, my frontbar when i swap back without changing it is 38.4k

But then I unslot it from my backbar... and it's back to 39.2k

0yd7etj8a12f.png
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
    The lack of communication from ZOS to player speaks volumes.
  • pwidsten
    pwidsten
    ✭✭
    "Ground targeted abilities will now be un-queued after weapon swapping. This should help reduce situations where you could become stuck casting one of these abilities, such as Grand Healing or Lightning Splash."

This is not entirely fixed on PTS.

I'm no longer "stuck" upon bar swapping into a Lightning Splash morf, however there is still an intermittent pause before it casts. Thank you for fixing the "stuck" part!
  • Nukerize
    Nukerize
    Soul Shriven
    Spirit mender and its morphs does not scale of max stamina or weapon damage and seems like blastbone still has 2.5 sec delay and sometimes get stuck and does not hit the target.
  • MincVinyl
    MincVinyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imbue weapon and morphs no longer proc on overload light attacks, but they still do on live
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Endless hail on level IV despite having 12 seconds duration only fires 10 ticks. Arrow barage for instance have 8 seconds duration and ticks 8 times which suggest endless hail should've 12 ticks.
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The burst heal of mutagen is very unreliable and does not work as the tooltip states. Instead of instantly proccing when the health falls below 20% it seems to only proc simultaneously with a regular mutagen tick, which means if the player falls below the health treshold right after a heal tick, it takes up to 2 seconds before the burst heal can proc (which usually results in death).

• Hexys
    Hexys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Streak does not stun on blocking targets and streakbug is still there, please don't take half a year to fix it like 2 years ago.
    Edited by Hexys on July 10, 2019 6:50PM
    Astrum | Daggerfall Covenan | EU-PC
    Noricum | Daggerfall Covenant | EU-PC
    Spectral | Ebonheart Pact | EU-PC

DC | AR 50 | Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (07-08-2016)
    AD | AR 50 | Hexposed - Magicka Sorcerer (27-04-2017)
    EP | AR 50 | Darth Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (05-08-2018)
    EP | AR 50 | Grand Overload Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (03-03-2021)
    EP | AR 39 | Legendary Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer

EP | AR 43 | Hexyles - Stamina Nightblade
    EP | AR 49 | Hexys - Stamina Nightblade (23-02-2022)
    EP | AR 35 | Hexesy Shadowblade - Stamina Nightblade

EP | AR 50 | Hexesy - Magicka Warden (31-01-2021)
    EP | AR 49 | Hexyra - Magicka Warden (07-03-2021)

EP | AR 34 | Hexesy Czyterski - Magicka Necromancer

2.5k+ Champion Points
    Earned over 640.000.000 Alliance Points!

@Hexiss - Youtube Channel - Twitch Channel
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When dodgerolling after casting an ability, my dodge roll fails to occur and I get a message in the top right of my screen that says “you are busy”
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 5-piece bonus on Z’en’s Redress set does not work. The debuff appears, but there is no additional damage when applying 1-5 DoTs to the enemy.
  • Ivan04
    Ivan04
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rapid Manouever change is absolutely horrendous. Being unable to run through certain parts of the world and skip mobs/go between nodes etc. simply ruins all enjoyable experience. Please give us a way to have a long lasting major expedition on foot. Thank you in advance @Gilliamtherogue and @ZOS_Gilliam .
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ivan04 wrote: »
    Rapid Manouever change is absolutely horrendous. Being unable to run through certain parts of the world and skip mobs/go between nodes etc. simply ruins all enjoyable experience. Please give us a way to have a long lasting major expedition on foot. Thank you in advance @Gilliamtherogue and @ZOS_Gilliam .

This isn't a bug
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
    The lack of communication from ZOS to player speaks volumes.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ivan04 wrote: »

Posting on the wrong section......
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AOE healing off ritual of Retribution stacks with multiple use of the same morph. This shouldn't be the case and should be a rule for AOE based healing across the board.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
  • jamesj118b14_ESO
    jamesj118b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure if this is a bug with Cloak or Ambush, but when I ambush a target that cloaks before the wind up animation finishes I get stuck in this state where I can't do anything: can't move, use skills, or weapon swap. Only way I found to get out of it is to use a potion.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    AOE healing off ritual of Retribution stacks with multiple use of the same morph. This shouldn't be the case and should be a rule for AOE based healing across the board.

How is that a bug? That's how all AoE heals work. Multiple vigors can stack. Multiple springs can stack (well not from one healer now, but you can still have 2 springs ticking from 2 healers). Making it work any differently would result in a player using a skill and getting no effect from it because another player happened to use the same skill.

Edit: Now that I think about it more, even Mutagen was changed a few patches ago to make the same morph cast by multiple healers able to stack. This is definitely the intended direction and I agree with it entirely. There’s nothing rewarding about having your skill’s effectiveness negated by an ally who is trying to help.
    Edited by WrathOfInnos on July 12, 2019 6:01AM