Maintenance for the week of June 17:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)

Please Remove Faction Lock

psk177ub17_ESO
psk177ub17_ESO
✭✭✭
Hi can we get faction lock removed ? ASAP?

Thanx
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I dont think this will turn out well. Good luck, OP!
    Edited by MajBludd on June 17, 2019 11:58PM
    Options
  • angeleda
    angeleda
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi, can we keep faction lock please?

    Thanx
    Options
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, keep faction lock. Thanks.
    Options
  • bugmom
    bugmom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Faction lock is awesome! People commit and actually play the map. If you don't want faction lock, then play a different campaign. Don't take nice things away from those of us who like them.
    Options
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faction Lock is hurting exploiters that can no longer cheat the leaderboard for 10+ 30-day rewards. FTFY

    Everyone else is fine because they play on only one faction for leaderboard rewards like a correct person. If you want to play with your friends on another faction, go to another campaign - AP is AP. The only reason why you'd complain is because you're after the leaderboard so you can exploit it. You can't cheat anymore - get over it.

    this ^
    Options
  • eol
    eol
    ✭✭✭
    Please leave faction lock. It should never have been unlocked in the first place. Adding it back was long overdue.
    Options
  • Hexquisite
    Hexquisite
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please remove Faction Lock:)
    PC NA
    ~Ethereal Traders Union~
    ~Spicy Economics~
    ~Tropic Thunder~
    ~Us Ghosts~



    Options
  • psk177ub17_ESO
    psk177ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    ....campaigns just reset... AND WE'RE AUTOMATICALLY LOCKED TO THEM IF WE LEFT THE TOON IN CYRODIIL.

    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom can we please at LEAST have the option to switch campaigns after they reset?

    it's asking me to pay 100k AP to abandon but even after doing so, i.e. paying the ap with my faction to leave it, I can't switch my character to another campaign, it JUST reset!

    Edited by psk177ub17_ESO on July 1, 2019 8:12AM
    Options
  • Dutchessx
    Dutchessx
    ✭✭✭✭
    I understand why people want faction locks but I still see most of the things that it was suppose to stop. The only thing I see is less people playing.

    #FreeNoCP
    Edited by Dutchessx on July 1, 2019 4:33PM
    Former Guild Leader Darkest Requiem
    Dutchessx - Sorcerer - EP NA
    Dütchess - Templar - DC NA
    Dutchess of Lost Souls - DC NA
    The Dark Dutchess- Sorcerer - DC NA
    Ðutchess - Templar - DC NA
    Always beware the sound of hooves in the night
    Remember Haderus
    Remember Azura's Star
    Options
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bugmom wrote: »
    Faction lock is awesome! People commit and actually play the map. If you don't want faction lock, then play a different campaign. Don't take nice things away from those of us who like them.

    "people play map" also known as "using faction lock as an excuse to pvdoor and avoid any combat against other players at all cost"

    Give us a 30 day unlocked campaign or make 7 day locked and unlock 30 day and see how the population develops.
    Edited by ATomiX96 on July 2, 2019 6:12AM
    Options
  • josh.lackey_ESO
    josh.lackey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about... Faction Lock for all who want it.

    If you like your faction lock, you can keep it.

    If you don't like it you can get rid of it.
    Options
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exactly Josh.
    There's an unlocked Campaign for those who don't care for faction lock.
    Options
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They should just faction lock the 7 day so all the role players can go in there.
    Options
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    frostz417 wrote: »
    They should just faction lock the 7 day so all the role players can go in there.

    Yeah even if just temporarily to see how population changes between 30 day and 7 day.
    Nothing will change, people just play on the first campaign they can click on.
    But the pro faction lock activists just dont have enough brainpower to process that.
    Options
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ATomiX96 wrote: »
    frostz417 wrote: »
    They should just faction lock the 7 day so all the role players can go in there.

    Yeah even if just temporarily to see how population changes between 30 day and 7 day.
    Nothing will change, people just play on the first campaign they can click on.
    But the pro faction lock activists just dont have enough brainpower to process that.

    Well said. Most faction pro lock loyalist cannot use a single good argument when confronted with logic and facts. All they say is “noooooo ur all alliance jumping cheaters hrrrrrrrr”
    Options
  • Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We all know the faction hoppers, small scalers, and "play with friends" crowd is a very small amount of people, small enough to not be able to go to the 7 day themselves and have fun there to their faction hopping heart's content. We know that campaign is dead and that there are not enough people who want to faction hop to make an impact in that regard. It has been stated by those of that ilk. They are small in numbers and can not field enough interest or sway to move people there. In reality all of their perceived "potatoes" will not follow them, and this is why they do not want to go. I say make the 7 day a 30 day and see how many people actually go there. There may be some that start out there, but month after month of being farmed by these chest thumpers will push more and more of their most prized vegetables back to the faction locked server. Do it, make em both 30 day let's find out. No one seems to want the 7.
    Options
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The pro faction loyalist is also a small portion.
    Edited by frostz417 on July 5, 2019 4:29PM
    Options
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭


    i don't know anyone that is a faction loyalist,
    i have never heard anyone asking for faction loyalty neither on this forum nor ingame.
    faction locks have nothing to do with faction loyalty.
    the reason for faction locks is to stop all the problems and cheats and exploits that are a very very very long list that were happening Because of unlocked factions.
    don't bother asking about them for us to list and talk about on this forum, because it is against the forum rules for us to talk about cheats and game exploits and can get you warnings and even forum account banns.

    Zenimax,
    please keep the faction locks on 30 day campaigns.
    Edited by Gilvoth on July 5, 2019 4:32PM
    Options
  • Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    frostz417 wrote: »
    The pro faction loyalist is also a small portion.

    Yep its about everyone else, the real masses. Do they want to get farmed by you or zerg with me. I know what I am betting on, make em both 30.
    Options
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »

    i don't know anyone that is a faction loyalist,
    i have never heard anyone asking for faction loyalty neither on this forum nor ingame.
    faction locks have nothing to do with faction loyalty.
    the reason for faction locks is to stop all the problems and cheats and exploits that are a very very very long list that were happening Because of unlocked factions.
    don't bother asking about them for us to list and talk about on this forum, because it is against the forum rules for us to talk about cheats and game exploits and can get you warnings and even forum account banns.

    Zenimax,
    please keep the faction locks on 30 day campaigns.

    Tell me two "cheats and exploits" which are preventable by faction locks.
    right.. there are none and youre talking out of your ass.
    Edited by ATomiX96 on July 5, 2019 5:03PM
    Options
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ATomiX96 wrote: »
    Gilvoth wrote: »

    i don't know anyone that is a faction loyalist,
    i have never heard anyone asking for faction loyalty neither on this forum nor ingame.
    faction locks have nothing to do with faction loyalty.
    the reason for faction locks is to stop all the problems and cheats and exploits that are a very very very long list that were happening Because of unlocked factions.
    don't bother asking about them for us to list and talk about on this forum, because it is against the forum rules for us to talk about cheats and game exploits and can get you warnings and even forum account banns.

    Zenimax,
    please keep the faction locks on 30 day campaigns.

    Tell me two "cheats and exploits" which are preventable by faction locks.
    right.. there are none and youre talking out of your ass.


    i said, and i Quote:

    "...it is against the forum rules for us to talk about cheats and game exploits and can get you warnings and even forum account banns."

    End Quote:

    i'm not sure how anyone could struggle with the understanding of that.

    Options
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    frostz417 wrote: »
    Gilvoth wrote: »
    Faction Lock is hurting exploiters that can no longer cheat the leaderboard for 10+ 30-day rewards. FTFY

    Everyone else is fine because they play on only one faction for leaderboard rewards like a correct person. If you want to play with your friends on another faction, go to another campaign - AP is AP. The only reason why you'd complain is because you're after the leaderboard so you can exploit it. You can't cheat anymore - get over it.

    this ^

    Faction lock literally only caters to role players. Everyone else who has friends of pve’s to get gems, or just plays cross faction because why not gets screwed.
    All of you ignorant role players just assume everyone’s a cheater which is the dumbest thing I have ever heard in my entire life.
    Plus the “go to another campaign” argument is pathetically weak because the only populated campaign is the 30 day while the remaining 3 are empty ghost towns. This is on Xbox NA.
    I don’t even understand how you can exploit leaderboards in cyrodiil unless you’re just saying people try to get on boards to aquire more gems which isn’t even exploiting...
    Your true ignorance is showing

    oh no, how DARE people roleplay in a roleplaying game!?
    @frostz417 you know exactly why faction locks were put in place. It was to stop people faction hopping to the winning alliance and to cut down on "spying". Seems to be working well. Glad it is in. Also, you know what? If all the complainers went to these dead campaigns, they wouldn't be dead anymore! Problem solved! Also, calm down on the "true ignorance" thing. Whining on the forums isn't going to change anything.

    I can say the exact thing to you if the 7 day was locked and the 30 day wasn’t. You know why? Because the major population doesn’t care. They only go for the first campaign option and go for the rewards and everyone knows the other 3 campaigns are dead.
    Also, it doesn’t cut down on spying because people can just make other accounts and lfg easily or just have other guildies communicate.
    Also I don’t know of a single person who hops on the winning side. If anything most small scalers and other players hop to the losing side.
    But of course you role players can’t process such things with your lack of brain power.
    Options
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »
    ATomiX96 wrote: »
    Gilvoth wrote: »

    i don't know anyone that is a faction loyalist,
    i have never heard anyone asking for faction loyalty neither on this forum nor ingame.
    faction locks have nothing to do with faction loyalty.
    the reason for faction locks is to stop all the problems and cheats and exploits that are a very very very long list that were happening Because of unlocked factions.
    don't bother asking about them for us to list and talk about on this forum, because it is against the forum rules for us to talk about cheats and game exploits and can get you warnings and even forum account banns.

    Zenimax,
    please keep the faction locks on 30 day campaigns.

    Tell me two "cheats and exploits" which are preventable by faction locks.
    right.. there are none and youre talking out of your ass.


    i said, and i Quote:

    "...it is against the forum rules for us to talk about cheats and game exploits and can get you warnings and even forum account banns."

    End Quote:

    i'm not sure how anyone could struggle with the understanding of that.

    then PM me two :) im waiting, stop looking for excuses.
    Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ATomiX96 wrote: »
    Gilvoth wrote: »

    i don't know anyone that is a faction loyalist,
    i have never heard anyone asking for faction loyalty neither on this forum nor ingame.
    faction locks have nothing to do with faction loyalty.
    the reason for faction locks is to stop all the problems and cheats and exploits that are a very very very long list that were happening Because of unlocked factions.
    don't bother asking about them for us to list and talk about on this forum, because it is against the forum rules for us to talk about cheats and game exploits and can get you warnings and even forum account banns.

    Zenimax,
    please keep the faction locks on 30 day campaigns.

    Tell me two "cheats and exploits" which are preventable by faction locks.
    right.. there are none and youre talking out of your ass.

    If you want 100% prevention, then sure, none.

    Nobody, least of all ZOS, expects 100% prevention. So I'm going to assume you are engaging in good faith here.

    Faction Locking makes it harder to engage in a number of abuses that were sufficiently prevalent prior to the return of faction locking to annoy enough players over time that ZOS listened to player complaints. And as the quote at the end from one of the Class Reps shows, it was specifically concerns about players abusing AP gains from faction swapping. Obviously, no one can abuse AP gains from faction swapping if they can't faction swap.

    Beyond just basic faction swapping: Emperor-swapping, AP farming, Scroll trolling, and spying are all well-known problems that we see LESS of with the reintroduction of faction locks. Not 100% reduction, of course, because no one sensible expects dedicated trolls to forgo trolling. However, it certainly lessens the occurence of trolling and other bad behaviors for a few reasons as it imposes a greater cost to being a jerk.
    A. Choosing to join a certain faction you don't like in order to troll locks you out of playing the faction/characters for which you actually like to play PVP as intended.
    B. Hurting your current faction only diminishes your own rewards, since you can't go play for the other faction til the next campaign.

    The end result is that most players, rather than engage in trolling behaviors against their currently locked faction, simply play PVP as intended.

    So please, let's don't argue this straw man that faction locks don't 100% stop bad behavior so therefore they are a 100% failure.

    Also, if I'm honest, claiming ignorance of those abuses makes me think you were either on a very fortunately well-behaved campaign or just didn't play enough PVP. The above examples of swapping and trolling happened often enough on PC/NA Vivec and Shor, and I know regular PC/EU players who reported similar incidents. I don't know enough console players nor frequent their campaign threads to know how common those issues are for them.

    So, if you want faction locking reverted, I suggest you think long and hard about alternatives that provide a similar degree of protection from the problems of multifaction play, particularly Emp swapping, AP farming, and scroll trolling. Because those were specific pain points brought up again and again by pro-faction lock players, and those were some of the points that convinced ZOS to give it a second go.

    So, how are you going to provide similar prevention against abuse if multifaction play is reinstated? (i.e. I'm not asking for 100% reduction, but certainly better than before the reinstatment of locks.) How are you going to alleviate ZOS' concern about players abusing AP gains by switching factions?



    Source for what ZOS' concern was: (I've bolded the relevant portion).
    I was at ZOS and heard from the devs why they are doing this.

    It wasnt about transmute stones, it wasn;t about lag, it wasn;t about spreading population out, it wasn't about any of those ancillary reasons. It was about precisely what the people who have argued from locks form the past year have said: to stop people from abusing AP gains by switching factions.

    Now, you may personally think the devs don't know what's going on, they are wrong, this is dumb, etc., but the reason they feel this way is because the overwhelming amount of feedback they have gotten has communicated that view. If they ignored these requests, they would be - correctly - accused of ignoring the community.

    One thing I have become more cognizant of as a Rep is that ZOS does take a while to make changes. Part of it is because they debate with each other whether to do it. Part of it is because for each patch they have a theme they want to cater to. Part of it is because it takes a legit long time to make changes. but mostly because they are backlogged with so many things they want to do. It was probably a year a ago when Wheeler first intimated ZOS was thinking of doing something about faction locks. People who like this got all excited and then nothing. For months. Many thought they forgotten or ZOS put this on the backburner. Both those who wanted it never stopped making threads, never stopped arguing why it would be a good idea, which only fortified a decision ZOS was leaning a long time ago.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/466071/the-problem-with-faction-lock-for-the-veteran-pvp-players/p3
    Options
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ATomiX96 wrote: »
    Gilvoth wrote: »

    i don't know anyone that is a faction loyalist,
    i have never heard anyone asking for faction loyalty neither on this forum nor ingame.
    faction locks have nothing to do with faction loyalty.
    the reason for faction locks is to stop all the problems and cheats and exploits that are a very very very long list that were happening Because of unlocked factions.
    don't bother asking about them for us to list and talk about on this forum, because it is against the forum rules for us to talk about cheats and game exploits and can get you warnings and even forum account banns.

    Zenimax,
    please keep the faction locks on 30 day campaigns.

    Tell me two "cheats and exploits" which are preventable by faction locks.
    right.. there are none and youre talking out of your ass.

    If you want 100% prevention, then sure, none.

    Nobody, least of all ZOS, expects 100% prevention. So I'm going to assume you are engaging in good faith here.

    Faction Locking makes it harder to engage in a number of abuses that were sufficiently prevalent prior to the return of faction locking to annoy enough players over time that ZOS listened to player complaints. And as the quote at the end from one of the Class Reps shows, it was specifically concerns about players abusing AP gains from faction swapping. Obviously, no one can abuse AP gains from faction swapping if they can't faction swap.

    Beyond just basic faction swapping: Emperor-swapping, AP farming, Scroll trolling, and spying are all well-known problems that we see LESS of with the reintroduction of faction locks. Not 100% reduction, of course, because no one sensible expects dedicated trolls to forgo trolling. However, it certainly lessens the occurence of trolling and other bad behaviors for a few reasons as it imposes a greater cost to being a jerk.
    A. Choosing to join a certain faction you don't like in order to troll locks you out of playing the faction/characters for which you actually like to play PVP as intended.
    B. Hurting your current faction only diminishes your own rewards, since you can't go play for the other faction til the next campaign.

    The end result is that most players, rather than engage in trolling behaviors against their currently locked faction, simply play PVP as intended.

    So please, let's don't argue this straw man that faction locks don't 100% stop bad behavior so therefore they are a 100% failure.

    Also, if I'm honest, claiming ignorance of those abuses makes me think you were either on a very fortunately well-behaved campaign or just didn't play enough PVP. The above examples of swapping and trolling happened often enough on PC/NA Vivec and Shor, and I know regular PC/EU players who reported similar incidents. I don't know enough console players nor frequent their campaign threads to know how common those issues are for them.

    So, if you want faction locking reverted, I suggest you think long and hard about alternatives that provide a similar degree of protection from the problems of multifaction play, particularly Emp swapping, AP farming, and scroll trolling. Because those were specific pain points brought up again and again by pro-faction lock players, and those were some of the points that convinced ZOS to give it a second go.

    So, how are you going to provide similar prevention against abuse if multifaction play is reinstated? (i.e. I'm not asking for 100% reduction, but certainly better than before the reinstatment of locks.) How are you going to alleviate ZOS' concern about players abusing AP gains by switching factions?



    Source for what ZOS' concern was: (I've bolded the relevant portion).
    I was at ZOS and heard from the devs why they are doing this.

    It wasnt about transmute stones, it wasn;t about lag, it wasn;t about spreading population out, it wasn't about any of those ancillary reasons. It was about precisely what the people who have argued from locks form the past year have said: to stop people from abusing AP gains by switching factions.

    Now, you may personally think the devs don't know what's going on, they are wrong, this is dumb, etc., but the reason they feel this way is because the overwhelming amount of feedback they have gotten has communicated that view. If they ignored these requests, they would be - correctly - accused of ignoring the community.

    One thing I have become more cognizant of as a Rep is that ZOS does take a while to make changes. Part of it is because they debate with each other whether to do it. Part of it is because for each patch they have a theme they want to cater to. Part of it is because it takes a legit long time to make changes. but mostly because they are backlogged with so many things they want to do. It was probably a year a ago when Wheeler first intimated ZOS was thinking of doing something about faction locks. People who like this got all excited and then nothing. For months. Many thought they forgotten or ZOS put this on the backburner. Both those who wanted it never stopped making threads, never stopped arguing why it would be a good idea, which only fortified a decision ZOS was leaning a long time ago.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/466071/the-problem-with-faction-lock-for-the-veteran-pvp-players/p3

    Crying about abusing AP gains is like crying that someone’s just better at making money then you are.
    Also don’t say someone doesn’t play enough PvP when you’re most likely a PvDoor zergling in which you really don’t PvP but just siege keeps.
    Honestly most of not all pro faction lock folks are just PvDoor zerglings who have no thumbs. And they claim they’re true pvpers when all they do is siege keeps lmao. What a joke.
    Also you listed 0 exploits.
    Edited by frostz417 on July 5, 2019 9:43PM
    Options
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @frostz417 there you go with the roleplaying thing again. Did a roleplayer hurt you or something? I don't even do roleplaying! Do grow up. I have actually already said in another thread that the downside to faction lock is people being unable to switch to losing factions. Of course, the lock won't stamp out the faction switching completely (and it DOES happen) or the spying, but it will deter a lot of people. I've been playing this game since launch, I know this stuff happens and I know this has helped prevent it.

    As for the other campaigns, maybe the devs should just scrap the 7 day ones. Have a 30 day faction lock and a 30 day unlocked. That will keep reward distribution and also provide a more accurate idea of what the player base as a whole prefers.

    Just as well I came back to this thread. For future reference, make sure you tag people when you reply to them, or they might miss your salt completely. Of course, you COULD try holding off with the childish insults completely, but there we go.
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
    Options
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @frostz417 there you go with the roleplaying thing again. Did a roleplayer hurt you or something? I don't even do roleplaying! Do grow up. I have actually already said in another thread that the downside to faction lock is people being unable to switch to losing factions. Of course, the lock won't stamp out the faction switching completely (and it DOES happen) or the spying, but it will deter a lot of people. I've been playing this game since launch, I know this stuff happens and I know this has helped prevent it.

    As for the other campaigns, maybe the devs should just scrap the 7 day ones. Have a 30 day faction lock and a 30 day unlocked. That will keep reward distribution and also provide a more accurate idea of what the player base as a whole prefers.

    Just as well I came back to this thread. For future reference, make sure you tag people when you reply to them, or they might miss your salt completely. Of course, you COULD try holding off with the childish insults completely, but there we go.

    Why would I tag someone when I can just quote their thread so others know who and what portion I’m responding to?
    Also I say role play because that what it is. Nobody cares for faction locks aside from faction role players. At this point I’m not even insulting and just stating a fact. They’re role players. If you get so hurt and in your feels because I’m using role players in a term you don’t like then sorry bud, not going to stop doing it because it hurts feelings.
    Also since you’ve been playing this game since launch youd also know how miserably faction locks failed then.
    Also, you guys love to mention spies and other nonsense when a small and I mean very small potion of people are actually spies etc. Literally almost anyone who alliane jumped did it to play with friends. But of course. Role players misunderstood that and just got salty and deluded by their nonsense in assuming everyone who alliance jumps is a spy, traitor, hacker, exploiter, all the other words they use but dont know what they’re even talking about.

    Also I wouldn’t mind if they just removed the 7 day and had two 30 day’s. That being said it still likely wouldn’t solve the main issue since eso doesn’t even have enough of a population to evenly populate two campaigns. So another, better solution should be put into place. Such as maybe have locks at certain times like primetime and leave it open for the remainder of the time.
    Edited by frostz417 on July 5, 2019 9:54PM
    Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    frostz417 wrote: »
    frostz417 wrote: »
    Gilvoth wrote: »
    Faction Lock is hurting exploiters that can no longer cheat the leaderboard for 10+ 30-day rewards. FTFY

    Everyone else is fine because they play on only one faction for leaderboard rewards like a correct person. If you want to play with your friends on another faction, go to another campaign - AP is AP. The only reason why you'd complain is because you're after the leaderboard so you can exploit it. You can't cheat anymore - get over it.

    this ^

    Faction lock literally only caters to role players. Everyone else who has friends of pve’s to get gems, or just plays cross faction because why not gets screwed.
    All of you ignorant role players just assume everyone’s a cheater which is the dumbest thing I have ever heard in my entire life.
    Plus the “go to another campaign” argument is pathetically weak because the only populated campaign is the 30 day while the remaining 3 are empty ghost towns. This is on Xbox NA.
    I don’t even understand how you can exploit leaderboards in cyrodiil unless you’re just saying people try to get on boards to aquire more gems which isn’t even exploiting...
    Your true ignorance is showing

    oh no, how DARE people roleplay in a roleplaying game!?
    @frostz417 you know exactly why faction locks were put in place. It was to stop people faction hopping to the winning alliance and to cut down on "spying". Seems to be working well. Glad it is in. Also, you know what? If all the complainers went to these dead campaigns, they wouldn't be dead anymore! Problem solved! Also, calm down on the "true ignorance" thing. Whining on the forums isn't going to change anything.

    I can say the exact thing to you if the 7 day was locked and the 30 day wasn’t. You know why? Because the major population doesn’t care. They only go for the first campaign option and go for the rewards and everyone knows the other 3 campaigns are dead.
    Also, it doesn’t cut down on spying because people can just make other accounts and lfg easily or just have other guildies communicate.
    Also I don’t know of a single person who hops on the winning side. If anything most small scalers and other players hop to the losing side.
    But of course you role players can’t process such things with your lack of brain power.

    Is this "everyone I know" a big enough group of people to be statistically representative of all the players on your main campaign, whichever that was?

    Which Campaign/server/platform are you, BTW? I'm really curious to figure out if some of this is a console/PC difference.


    Players who played last summer on PC/NA Vivec may remember that EP was the beneficiary of several months worth of bandwagoners (as seen in a wave of new names and @names during primetime that regular EP players in that time slot did not recognize) who insured EP dominance until AD pulled out a win and suddenly they were gone, only to reappear more equally spread out among the factions.

    I don't know every player on my main campaign, LOL, far from it. But I do pay attention to what's going on in my main campaign, and last summer on PC/NA Vivec, we had a large example of the masses bandwagoning in favor of EP, and the complaint threads by DC and AD reflected that. At the time, you could see even from the forum threads that was a major reason why some players swapped to the underdog faction of AD or DC - it was explicitly to counteract the players bandwagoning on EP's success.

    So whether or not it happens to players you know or on your campaign, bandwagoning happened in sufficient numbers on PC/NA Vivec to drive multiple players to other factions to counterbalance the extra numbers.
    Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    frostz417 wrote: »
    ATomiX96 wrote: »
    Gilvoth wrote: »

    i don't know anyone that is a faction loyalist,
    i have never heard anyone asking for faction loyalty neither on this forum nor ingame.
    faction locks have nothing to do with faction loyalty.
    the reason for faction locks is to stop all the problems and cheats and exploits that are a very very very long list that were happening Because of unlocked factions.
    don't bother asking about them for us to list and talk about on this forum, because it is against the forum rules for us to talk about cheats and game exploits and can get you warnings and even forum account banns.

    Zenimax,
    please keep the faction locks on 30 day campaigns.

    Tell me two "cheats and exploits" which are preventable by faction locks.
    right.. there are none and youre talking out of your ass.

    If you want 100% prevention, then sure, none.

    Nobody, least of all ZOS, expects 100% prevention. So I'm going to assume you are engaging in good faith here.

    Faction Locking makes it harder to engage in a number of abuses that were sufficiently prevalent prior to the return of faction locking to annoy enough players over time that ZOS listened to player complaints. And as the quote at the end from one of the Class Reps shows, it was specifically concerns about players abusing AP gains from faction swapping. Obviously, no one can abuse AP gains from faction swapping if they can't faction swap.

    Beyond just basic faction swapping: Emperor-swapping, AP farming, Scroll trolling, and spying are all well-known problems that we see LESS of with the reintroduction of faction locks. Not 100% reduction, of course, because no one sensible expects dedicated trolls to forgo trolling. However, it certainly lessens the occurence of trolling and other bad behaviors for a few reasons as it imposes a greater cost to being a jerk.
    A. Choosing to join a certain faction you don't like in order to troll locks you out of playing the faction/characters for which you actually like to play PVP as intended.
    B. Hurting your current faction only diminishes your own rewards, since you can't go play for the other faction til the next campaign.

    The end result is that most players, rather than engage in trolling behaviors against their currently locked faction, simply play PVP as intended.

    So please, let's don't argue this straw man that faction locks don't 100% stop bad behavior so therefore they are a 100% failure.

    Also, if I'm honest, claiming ignorance of those abuses makes me think you were either on a very fortunately well-behaved campaign or just didn't play enough PVP. The above examples of swapping and trolling happened often enough on PC/NA Vivec and Shor, and I know regular PC/EU players who reported similar incidents. I don't know enough console players nor frequent their campaign threads to know how common those issues are for them.

    So, if you want faction locking reverted, I suggest you think long and hard about alternatives that provide a similar degree of protection from the problems of multifaction play, particularly Emp swapping, AP farming, and scroll trolling. Because those were specific pain points brought up again and again by pro-faction lock players, and those were some of the points that convinced ZOS to give it a second go.

    So, how are you going to provide similar prevention against abuse if multifaction play is reinstated? (i.e. I'm not asking for 100% reduction, but certainly better than before the reinstatment of locks.) How are you going to alleviate ZOS' concern about players abusing AP gains by switching factions?



    Source for what ZOS' concern was: (I've bolded the relevant portion).
    I was at ZOS and heard from the devs why they are doing this.

    It wasnt about transmute stones, it wasn;t about lag, it wasn;t about spreading population out, it wasn't about any of those ancillary reasons. It was about precisely what the people who have argued from locks form the past year have said: to stop people from abusing AP gains by switching factions.

    Now, you may personally think the devs don't know what's going on, they are wrong, this is dumb, etc., but the reason they feel this way is because the overwhelming amount of feedback they have gotten has communicated that view. If they ignored these requests, they would be - correctly - accused of ignoring the community.

    One thing I have become more cognizant of as a Rep is that ZOS does take a while to make changes. Part of it is because they debate with each other whether to do it. Part of it is because for each patch they have a theme they want to cater to. Part of it is because it takes a legit long time to make changes. but mostly because they are backlogged with so many things they want to do. It was probably a year a ago when Wheeler first intimated ZOS was thinking of doing something about faction locks. People who like this got all excited and then nothing. For months. Many thought they forgotten or ZOS put this on the backburner. Both those who wanted it never stopped making threads, never stopped arguing why it would be a good idea, which only fortified a decision ZOS was leaning a long time ago.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/466071/the-problem-with-faction-lock-for-the-veteran-pvp-players/p3

    Crying about abusing AP gains is like crying that someone’s just better at making money then you are.
    Also don’t say someone doesn’t play enough PvP when you’re most likely a PvDoor zergling in which you really don’t PvP but just siege keeps.
    Honestly most of not all pro faction lock folks are just PvDoor zerglings who have no thumbs. And they claim they’re true pvpers when all they do is siege keeps lmao. What a joke.
    Also you listed 0 exploits.


    I'm sorry if I insulted you by implying you don't PVP, enough but I'm quite confused by your apparent lack of familiarity or denial of Emp swapping, the exploits (including examples where ZOS has banned players) for AP swapping, or what scroll trolling is. But since you seem disinclined to listen to me, I suggest you review past threads over those issues.


    As for abusing AP gains by switching factions...that's ZOS' concern as relayed through the quoted Class Rep. Along with the above abuses.

    So it seems clear to me that if ZOS went to the effort of reinstating faction locks to deal with a problem, players who want multifaction play ought to think of a way to keep multifaction play AND address that problem, rather then pretending that it doesn't exist and ZOS made it up.
    Edited by VaranisArano on July 5, 2019 10:17PM
    Options
  • Royalthought
    Royalthought
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only issue here is faction lock actually locks out alts that weve invested in.

    The idea that people are losing because someone switches faction is of no interest. People will always have a reason for why they lost.

    The bottom line is faction lock should have never been implemented unless they allow all alts to play on that locked faction.

    Till then its a dumb idea.
    Options
Sign In or Register to comment.