The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Guild bid on up to 10 different Guild Trader locations each week with update 23

• redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OsManiaC wrote: »
    Since there are still people who think only in shadow/ghost/backup/whatever issue,

think of this, seriously,
    • 97.43% spots in main cities are already have same guilds for years -
    • Sometimes they got overbid/snipe by another guilds - there are competition in main cities but most of the time the settled ones win
    • with the backup thingie they had the chance for their alternative spots. But this was like 1 spot for 6-7 guilds in an alliance
    • NOW RE-READ THE CHANGE
    • "every" guild has "9" other chances, two major guilds fight for the spot in main city, loser one gots the one tier down spot - guess what that lower tier spot will not be the rivenspire
    • every week the war in main cities will be increase, why not? if you cannot win you can go one lower, and one lower,
    • bid amount for the lower tier cities will be increased "SIGNIFICANTLY"

Now I tell you what will have happen with example if you still not understand
    • people will fight for rawl,craglorn and mournhold.
    • They will lose the bidding mostly to the ones stay for years
    • NO WORRIES because they have other choices now - which they dont have now ! don't dare to say backup ones!! no one has 1-to-1 backup spot, 6-7 guilds have one spot!
    • since they lose fight in rawl,craglorn and mournhold, they will go wayrest, elder, alinor
    • the chance of losing will not be the same as the first fight - these guys tried to battle the major players!! think the money they have
    • who loses the wayrest,elder,alinor? DOES NOT MATTER, because the ones that are in rivenspire,alikr,greenshade cannot fight the losers of that war!!!

the chance of new guilds? the chance of low-tier trading guilds? do they have money to bid on 10 spots? really?

For an up and coming guild, there will now be no reason not to at least try to cement yourself in the location of your choice. Have your heart set on Stormhaven? Toss 7 bids there, 1 on your usual location and 2 refuge locations for backup. Sure, you probably won't win the Stormhaven spots if you bid is low, but you only have to get lucky every once in a while for a shakeup to happen. If you're the guys in Stormhaven squeaking in with a low bid week to week, this is very bad news for you indeed. People saying this will benefit top guilds with tons of cash are partly right. They have the resources to toss around multiple huge bids. They will very likely have a spot somewhere after the flip. The issue is that other than not wanting to pick a fight (which is still advantageous in some ways) there is little reason not to throw bids at locations that you may not have tried before. We'll very quickly be able to start extrapolating bid prices. It woudln't surprise me if an addon pops up that tracks bid prices from multiple guilds and gives a range over time that a location is expected to sell for. MM for guild traders in a way.
  • wavingblue
    wavingblue
    ✭✭✭✭
    OK, so you have a current situation where nearly every aspect of the game is on the precipice of collapsing. You, as in ZOS, are having so many issues you have to yank guild sales data not once but twice. This just so happened to coincide with the turning on of guild finder. Now we are getting data but it trickles in which is a patchwork solution at best. This is not being fixed. LFG is such a mess you just cut access because your code is running out of control. PVP is utter trash. But you choose to do THIS with your dev time? This is what we talk about when we say stop with the new f
    ing features and fix the problems. You are not around Sunday evening, if this blows up the ramifications are going to last a week.This can have benefits but right now... you are pushing away vets who spend hundreds of dollars on this game per year because so many facets of the game are broke. The staff charges right in at the mere mention of something possibly being wrong with a Crown Store announcement yet the same staff completely ignores game breaking reports, videos and feedback. ZOS you are completely tone deaf when it comes to the problems.. and adding further complication to a system that is already on the precipice of a complete meltdown.
  • wavingblue
    wavingblue
    ✭✭✭✭
    OK, have no idea why that line happened like that in that post. Oh well, wasn't intended.
  • GarnetFire17
    GarnetFire17
    ✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    f047ys3v3n wrote: »
    Not sure why people are pissed about this or why they don't think the change will help small guilds.

The effects should be:

1) Smaller guilds will rarely loose their spot to a big dog since the big dogs will no longer have to buy up secondary spots on weeks they don't loose their primary and they rarely loose their primary.

2) Overall trader costs will lower as there are now fewer total guilds bidding for a spot (this is because you just removed all those shadow guilds of the big dogs.) Simple supply and demand here.

3) Week to week prices for specific traders will become more consistent and possibly also lower because the severe negative effect of loosing your bid (no trader at all) has been removed. You will now likely still get a lesser trader. (A secondary effect of this will be that spying will offer less advantages than it previously did.)

4) Guilds trader locations will move more often because, with a less disastrous worst case scenario, guilds will take more chances on bids to save money and will also take more chances on improving their location. This should be really pronounced right after the change as guilds currently have little data on how much location effects their sales and at least some of them will be adventuresome enough to want to find out if a move up or down in location is more profitable.

5) I expect the competition between guilds to become more dynamic and involve less cartel behavior (ie. getting other guilds leaders banned right before the bid to prevent them from bidding). In effect, being able to explore multiple options for trader locations based on price should bring the market closer to free market ideals and decrease the benefits of anti-competitive behavior. It certainly greatly lowers the barriers to entry to start and especially to grow a trade guild.

In short, I think the changes will make things dramatically better for almost all players in the market and that they should completely solve the problem of shadow trade guilds.

Some advice to many of you who have posted.... Just put your investments in index funds IRL. The lack of basic understanding about how markets work in here is just staggering.

1) smaller guilds don't often lose to the big guilds now, because the big guilds are where they want to be. And they have no reason to stop buying other spots up with shadow guilds. It's safer and it eliminates competition. Especially when there secondary bids are probably going to be bid against by other rich guilds too. They will just move the shadow guilds down the chain.

2) It doesn't make sense to say all the guilds will have less competition when all the guilds can now place 10 bids at once. The guilds that can afford to so will do it. And the ones who can't will have to try to squeeze more gold out their members in increased dues and quotas and fundraising to try pay for a higher bid to protect their spot and to also be able to afford a decent back up spot. And as I said the shadow guilds aren't going anywhere.

3) There is no way the prices will be more consistent with so many guilds paying for multiple bids. In my experience having to accept a lower level spot that you still have to pay for and that you don't want to be in and that you guild members didn't join for is pretty much just as bad as losing the spot for a week.

4) What you are talking about is instability and uncertainty. It's not good for making profit it's only good for those trying to move up the ladder. The guilds that are in the middle that have worked hard for a long time to establish themselves in a location they are happy with without making the huge profits of other guilds will be the ones that are screwed over.

5) I am not sure what Cartel problems you think are going to change because of this change. What ever guilds are working with each other will continue to do so. But for those that are not aligned there is probably going to be more shenanigans, because while it will encourage competition many don't like to compete fairly they just want to win.

You think you know markets really well. And you are probably pretty versed, but I don't think you know the ins and outs of what it is to be in the trade guild game of ESO. A guild with 2 shadows guilds can bid on 30 trader spots. This is very very dangerous. It's not going to be a good thing.

It's only a factor for the first bid though. Only one bid can win, and then it erases their 9 other bids. So, for example, Guild A could bid 10M on one trader, and 9M on a second trader. Guild B could bid 1 gold on the second trader. If Guild A wins their 10M bid on the first trader, Guild B will win their 1 gold bid on the second trader because the 9M bid is wiped away as if it was never cast. (Of course I realize a 1 gold bid is absurd, and also that there will be other competition for a trader. But the point stills stands, the 2nd-10th bid by Guild A is meaningless if they win their 1st bid.)

I understand how it works. That Is not the point. The point is, that if one week a guild in rawlkha loses it's first bid, it's going to start a chain reaction that trickles all the way down the chain. Or if it happens in Vivec or Wayrest... same thing. the smaller guys will get shoved out because someone above them on the ladder lost and many guilds will be out of a spot at best in some other lesser spot they don't really want to be in. Now imagine that guy who out bid all the guilds in Rawlkha a month or so ago strikes again? You know who will still have the best locations, those 6 guilds that just got shoved out because they are real trading guilds and they just move down to the next rung for a week knocking out the guilds that were there, who knock out the guilds below them and so on. Unless the spot was taken buy a shadow guild who also have 10 bids each now.
  • Dont_do_drugs
    Dont_do_drugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wavingblue wrote: »
    OK, have no idea why that line happened like that in that post. Oh well, wasn't intended.

its okay tho. i did understand what u wanted to say there. and actually that line fits very good.

Get Stuff like this (but not this stuff)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"I have too admit. People leading trade guilds in this game are quite stupid. Not stupid like fools, but stupid like leaders.
    They can only bla-bla and waste gold on feeding their ego. I am disappointed."

Egal, wie gut du Schach spielst, die Taube wird alle Figuren umwerfen, auf das Brett kacken und herumstolzieren, als hätte sie gewonnen.

Arkadius Trade Tools
    Modular framework, now open for authors who want to add own tabs.

My Donation (Arkadius' Trade Tools Addon)
    First external ATT tab contribution.

Port to Friend's House Addon
    Check out the new Port to Friend's House library and port to contributers houses:
    Deutsch | English

• Dont_do_drugs
    Dont_do_drugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    some people forgot how the belkarth war on pc eu 2016 ended? it wasnt the guilds involved after all those fights losing spots in the end. but all other hubs beeing messed up, fighting and trying to settle and find their way back, frustrated traders which build own guilds to make it better and shaking it up and a chain reaction of guilds having to leave their better hubs for lower hubs.

Get Stuff like this (but not this stuff)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"I have too admit. People leading trade guilds in this game are quite stupid. Not stupid like fools, but stupid like leaders.
    They can only bla-bla and waste gold on feeding their ego. I am disappointed."

Egal, wie gut du Schach spielst, die Taube wird alle Figuren umwerfen, auf das Brett kacken und herumstolzieren, als hätte sie gewonnen.

Arkadius Trade Tools
    Modular framework, now open for authors who want to add own tabs.

My Donation (Arkadius' Trade Tools Addon)
    First external ATT tab contribution.

Port to Friend's House Addon
    Check out the new Port to Friend's House library and port to contributers houses:
    Deutsch | English

• OsManiaC
    OsManiaC
    ✭✭✭✭

I understand how it works. That Is not the point. The point is, that if one week a guild in rawlkha loses it's first bid, it's going to start a chain reaction that trickles all the way down the chain. Or if it happens in Vivec or Wayrest... same thing. the smaller guys will get shoved out because someone above them on the ladder lost and many guilds will be out of a spot at best in some other lesser spot they don't really want to be in. Now imagine that guy who out bid all the guilds in Rawlkha a month or so ago strikes again? You know who will still have the best locations, those 6 guilds that just got shoved out because they are real trading guilds and they just move down to the next rung for a week knocking out the guilds that were there, who knock out the guilds below them and so on. Unless the spot was taken buy a shadow guild who also have 10 bids each now.

Thank you.

GM of The Argonian Kebab, The Argonian Steak & The Argonian BBQ - PC - EU (The Tamriel Kitchen) @OsManiaC

Don't worry, the tail grows back!
    if it breathes we eats. #justbosmerthings - we can detect stealth boy NPCs and hunt them thanks to our skill!

https://steamcommunity.com/id/osmaniac
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Of course, making it so each account can only be a member of one guild would go some way to fixing this.

All The Best
    Those memories come back to haunt me, they haunt me like a curse.
    Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse.
  • Fiktius
    Fiktius
    ✭✭✭✭
    So, what is this change actually trying to accomplish? Getting rid of proxy guild business?
    That's not gonna happen. Those guilds which used proxy guild for purely having a profit in mind will continue doing so:
    The change will just make sure that if the proxy loses their primary bid, they have 9 other chances to win one bid at different location. The business is still gonna flourish as long as there are guilds around who will loose all their bids and are willing to pay for the proxy spot. As long as there are demand, the business will continue.

Which leads to the second point I wanted to mention: Increased bid cost.
    Now rich guilds which can afford for multiple bids will continue spreading their bids for increasing their chances to get a trader. Smaller guilds have to pray that bigger guilds actually do win their primary bids, because there's no need to be a Sherlock to guess where these bigger guilds will find their back up spot if bids on major cities are lost.
    If this patch goes live like this and you happen to have a medium/small guild, you can realistically expect that you'll be more likely outbid than before. What if you can't afford several back up bids? Sorry, the system have no mercy for you.
    That may sound rough, but that's apparently what ZOS wants.

And now let's look at perspective of stabilized guilds, which are trying to maintain their spots and defend from jumpers:
    Now they are even more likely going to be sniped by wealthy guilds, who have a desire to move on your spot for reason X and Y. What would you do? Increase your requirements, charge more fees and sit still, trying to "defend the fortress" with higher cost? Or will you go mayhem and try your luck with increased bids, where everyone are sniping spots from left and right?
    Costs of spots will only increase and the competition will become even rough for smaller guilds than ever before.
    Edited by Fiktius on July 2, 2019 9:34PM
  • GarnetFire17
    GarnetFire17
    ✭✭✭✭
    Since there are still people who think only in shadow/ghost/backup/whatever issue,

think of this, seriously,
    • 97.43% spots in main cities are already have same guilds for years -
    • Sometimes they got overbid/snipe by another guilds - there are competition in main cities but most of the time the settled ones win
    • with the backup thingie they had the chance for their alternative spots. But this was like 1 spot for 6-7 guilds in an alliance
    • NOW RE-READ THE CHANGE
    • "every" guild has "9" other chances, two major guilds fight for the spot in main city, loser one gots the one tier down spot - guess what that lower tier spot will not be the rivenspire
    • every week the war in main cities will be increase, why not? if you cannot win you can go one lower, and one lower,
    • bid amount for the lower tier cities will be increased "SIGNIFICANTLY"

Now I tell you what will have happen with example if you still not understand
    • people will fight for rawl,craglorn and mournhold.
    • They will lose the bidding mostly to the ones stay for years
    • NO WORRIES because they have other choices now - which they dont have now ! don't dare to say backup ones!! no one has 1-to-1 backup spot, 6-7 guilds have one spot!
    • since they lose fight in rawl,craglorn and mournhold, they will go wayrest, elder, alinor
    • the chance of losing will not be the same as the first fight - these guys tried to battle the major players!! think the money they have
    • who loses the wayrest,elder,alinor? DOES NOT MATTER, because the ones that are in rivenspire,alikr,greenshade cannot fight the losers of that war!!!

the chance of new guilds? the chance of low-tier trading guilds? do they have money to bid on 10 spots? really?

For an up and coming guild, there will now be no reason not to at least try to cement yourself in the location of your choice. Have your heart set on Stormhaven? Toss 7 bids there, 1 on your usual location and 2 refuge locations for backup. Sure, you probably won't win the Stormhaven spots if you bid is low, but you only have to get lucky every once in a while for a shakeup to happen. If you're the guys in Stormhaven squeaking in with a low bid week to week, this is very bad news for you indeed. People saying this will benefit top guilds with tons of cash are partly right. They have the resources to toss around multiple huge bids. They will very likely have a spot somewhere after the flip. The issue is that other than not wanting to pick a fight (which is still advantageous in some ways) there is little reason not to throw bids at locations that you may not have tried before. We'll very quickly be able to start extrapolating bid prices. It woudln't surprise me if an addon pops up that tracks bid prices from multiple guilds and gives a range over time that a location is expected to sell for. MM for guild traders in a way.

That is nice if you have a dream one week having a spot in wayrest. But if you dream is to actually have a spot in wayrest and keep that spot then this is is going to be a major obstacle.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its a little like what happened the day in the high school cafeteria when the volleyball players decided to sit at the table my friends and I always sat at.

We moved one table over.

Except that was someone else's spot where they always sat, so they had to move. And that displaced someone else. And so one and so on until the losers were the people at the back of the lunch line stuck with whatever is left.

Like all analogies, this one will break down if we press it too hard, but its a little like that.

Most of the time, the changes in trader spots will continue to be minor. But there's now the potential for a cascade of changes, and the losers are going to be the small time guilds who bid relatively low amounts on out of the way traders.

Because there are going to be rich guilds who can afford to bid big on their first and second traders, and a "low" amount on out-of-the-way backups...and "low" is entirely relative. Or those out-of-the-way traders are going to be the 2nd or 3rd backup bids for the moderately wealthy guilds.

So if your guild regularly uses out-of-the-way traders as your primary trader...the trader swaps have the potential to trickle down to that level much more than they did before.
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    psssst. Let it flow for a few weeks and pay attention to what guild stores are empty and you can then map where each guild is shadow bidding.

The overarching system choice is really dumb, but at least you can have a silver lining and identify where each big guild is using shadow bids.
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    And for small or medium sized guilds who can’t afford to cut up their weekly bid and disperse it across 9 other back ups... this basically guarantees you won’t even have the chance to luck into an open trader to hire after flip.

I can imagine no scenario where a single trader anywhere won’t have some token back up bids placed on it. Say goodbye to lucky 10k hires in your moment of bid loss panic. They were already becoming rare... now they will be extinct.
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Say goodbye to lucky 10k hires in your moment of bid loss panic. They were already becoming rare... now they will be extinct.

Tbch, I was (saltily) taking that as a silver lining win. If we lose our bid(s) there is going to be absolutely no point in attempting that 5 min scramble. Good riddance.
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    reoskit wrote: »
    Say goodbye to lucky 10k hires in your moment of bid loss panic. They were already becoming rare... now they will be extinct.

Tbch, I was (saltily) taking that as a silver lining win. If we lose our bid(s) there is going to be absolutely no point in attempting that 5 min scramble. Good riddance.

Can’t disagree - I won’t miss the scramble either, but a shame that won’t be a potential safety net for especially the smaller guilds who don’t have much pie to split up amongst back ups.
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • OsManiaC
    OsManiaC
    ✭✭✭✭
    unknown.png

as long as you have gold...

this is the most disrespectful and offended thing I face since bosmer losing stealth passive.

Do you ever read what you write?

A small guild already gives every coin they got to bid a place in X level place

What were you thinking zos?, HOW DO YOU THINK they can give lesser amount for X-1 level place? and up to x-10 level?

GM of The Argonian Kebab, The Argonian Steak & The Argonian BBQ - PC - EU (The Tamriel Kitchen) @OsManiaC

Don't worry, the tail grows back!
    if it breathes we eats. #justbosmerthings - we can detect stealth boy NPCs and hunt them thanks to our skill!

https://steamcommunity.com/id/osmaniac
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why Do I get a feeling it will only make it worse ? IDK tbh... But it looks to me like that.

Bigger guilds will be able to afford that and secure multiple spots. Medium & Smaller guilds will be on a mercy of bigger guilds.
    Also, as we all know, Big guilds have "child-guilds". They are mostly used to by-pass current restrictions. So if a "Mother" guild will somehow fail to secure a spot the guild can still use one of "child" guild as a temporary backup.

...Now imagine a "Mother" guild, and "Child" guilds being able to do multiple bids. What we are going to end up with is a 1 - 3 guild SERVER monopoly....

I am pretty sure that vast majority of players (pretty much all of them) don't want to have "Overpriced coffee" syndrome on every tradable item that is in-game. Because for now, this is where the trading system is heading....
    this is the most disrespectful and offended thing I face since bosmer losing stealth passive.
    Bosmer & Argonian. I too find racial changes to be "disrespectful". Those 2 that is. Sorry for off-topic
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on July 2, 2019 10:17PM
  • reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Tommy_The_Gun - maybe I’m reading you incorrectly, but I think it bears repeating that can only hire one of the 10 kiosks you bid on. You can’t buy up multiple kiosks with one guild.
  • therift
    therift
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'd say this change pretty much confirms that 'ghost guilds' never were a concern with ZoS. This change largely legitimizes a practice that many players thought improper.

And I'll buck the trend of hand-wringing and doom-forecasting by stating I find the change interesting... the greatest opportunities arise from market disruption. A little applied game theory suggests that money can be made if chaos indeed arises. :)
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This will only help the biggest trading guilds out there to ensure a trader each week. What small or medium sized guild has tens or even hundreds of millions on their bank account, letting them bid on 10 locations at once?

As one of the big guilds, I absolutely agree. This does nothing to help smaller guilds get a kiosk.

There are other ramifications that give me pause, but ^ that is important for the guilds trying to join the trading scene.

(As one of my guildies noted: at least we won't accidentally lock ourselves into the wrong kiosk anymore. That is an awesome change.)

I agree as well. As one who used to bid for a smaller guild it was better for us to big smart. I do not see how this would have helped us. I think Zos has not thought this through. Much like when Zos restricted us from queueing for more than role. It was a dumb change that served no one.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Currently small guilds win spots through luck and strategy. We identify a target and win bid because a) other guild moved on, or b) stack multiple weeks of lost bids to overpower current guild and rival bidders. After which we may enjoy some weeks of being left alone until the cycle repeats. Will the new system end up pushing out small guilds to fight over the scraps?
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    WTF.gif ZOS???

How is this going to help anyone except the large trading guilds? Seriously?

My main guild only has about 500k to bid each week which is rarely enough to get a trader. We would need 5 million gold to cover 10 spots. That is insane!
    headbang.gif

You are not expected to cover 10 spots. You are allowed to bid on 10 spots.

I think that a purpose of allowing multiple bids is to eliminate the rush to find a place if the bid failed.

I know people are asking "who asked for this", and I am pretty sure that it was us. It seems to me that the idea of multiple bids was floated more than once in here.
    Edited by Elsonso on July 2, 2019 10:45PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Androconium
    Androconium
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gariele wrote: »
    This doesn’t do anything to address backup traders. All it does is empower big trade guilds to have a 99.9999% chance of getting a trader. Small guilds will suffer in the long run

You'd know.

• Viveun
    Viveun
    ✭✭✭
    Two major concerns:

1. We've seen a major uptick in "Snipe" guilds in the Xbox NA community. These are empty/ghost guilds that bid huge sums on major locations just to stick it to the man and keep out major traders. The new system only further empowers these guilds, giving them the opportunity to theoretically bid on almost every stall in 2 major hubs, nearly guaranteeing at least 2-3 major traders get displaced a week. (This, coupled with increased competition, will inevitably increase bid prices, but that's not my issue and causes a whole other ripple effect.)

2. This leads to my second concern. I'm not convinced this update will eliminate shadow/burn guilds, to be frank. If I'm a major trade GM, I'm going to be seriously tempted to risk any alliances and toss those extra bids at other highly desirable stalls, knowing full and well my stall is more threatened than ever. I would probably only save maybe 2-3 bids for safety nets in mid-range zones. Even then, someone is gonna lose a stall, so why not use that shadow guild with an extra 10 bids as a little more cushion? There are zero penalties for doing so.

With the system now, let's say we have a guild family of five guilds. They are generally in the same location, spread out between major hubs - well established and well funded. That family probably has at least 2 shadow guilds in their pocket as a buffer that bid on lower zones. They make 7 bids a week. Introduce the new change, now they can make 70 - that one guild family has the capability of testing the waters on a third of all traders in the game. Yes, they can only win 7. But they have a horse in the race for 70. Competiton has gone way up. They will lose more often. There will be a domino effect, but that guild family will be fine because in the most likely scenario, eventually one of those bids is going to hold.

On the flip side, Baby Trader A uses the majority of their funds weekly to hold a stall somewhere fairly remote like Stormhold. They're breaking even every week, but it's okay because they're only losing their stall every now and then to a shadow guild. They get 1 bid a week. Introduce the new change, they still only have 1 solid bid a week. They might be able to toss a couple of throwaway bids on other stalls, but the amount would be so low that it would be a hail mary to win. Even still, they probably need that little bit of extra buffer for guild events. They can't afford to have it all tied up in bids. On top of that, they now have to worry about their stall not only being lost to a shadow guild, but also potentially to a backup bid of any of the dozens of major traders.

Zenimax has exponentially increased the market presences and staying power of wealthy guilds, while simultaneously throttling guilds that don't have the capacity to bid on multiple locations.

I see no indication that this change will eliminate shadow guilds. It most certainly will empower snipe guilds to headhunt an entire zone at a time, forcing GMs to bid more aggressively. I just don't see how the ripple effects won't seriously cripple the stability of the little guys.
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Agreed, @Viveun I am having severe concerns, especially with some of our “issues” on PS4, that this change could potentially end all but the wealthy family of capital guilds and their offspring.

And spell the end of mid-range, small, and independent guilds who have, frankly, struggled to survive as it is currently.
  • Androconium
    Androconium
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flaminir wrote: »
    In the long run this is going to be very negative I think:

- More volatility in the market... easier to take a punt on taking a trader elsewhere if you know you have mutltiple backups... and unreliability in peoples traders is bad for everyone at every level.

- Higher bid costs due to above... and knock on effect on players having to pay more to support the bids.

- Medium/lower tier more disrupted by higher end trade guilds placing large backups on them. This will be FAR easier to do than creating ghost guilds so will become far more common.

- Trickle down effect increases costs on traders further down and increases the barrier to entry for newer guilds.

This is undoubtedly an overall benefit for the top tier trading guilds, but even then I see the potential for disruptive market behaviour which many may not like.

Feels like a poorly thought out solution to the ghost guild problem...

Well, they don't actually say that they are addressing the ghost guild/trader issue.

The fundamental problem is donations and minimum sales targets. Or put another way, players who think that they have to have a trader in a 'high-profile' location every week.

Stop donating, start missing your sales targets. The trading world will continue to turn. If your guild kicks you for non-compliance, the new guild finder will help you find another one easily, without having to wait for Sunday's chat-spam recruitment drives.

Traders in outlying areas still make sales; everything, priced correctly will sell.
  • ThePlayer
    ThePlayer
    ✭✭✭✭
    For big trading guilds nothing will change, because they have more accounts and more guilds, the traders places for them will remain unchanged.
    What will change will be the luck of small pve guilds in getting the trade guild, but how long will it last?
    The trade guildes will branch out further, even if in this way they will put themselves more in evidence and maybe ZOS will change something again after 5 years.
  • SteveCampsOut
    SteveCampsOut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, wait... Serious question:

Is anyone happy about this change?

I see representatives from small and large guilds, all saying no. Is anyone good with it?

No you don't! I run a casual guild and I say it's fine and better even if there are no more shadow guilds. The sky is not falling! Tell chicken little to go take a pill!
    @ֆȶɛʋɛƈǟʍքֆօʊȶ ʀʋʟɨʄɛ⍟
    Sanguine & Psijic Group Beta Tester.
    Steve's Craftiness Find out what I can make for you at my Google Doc Spreadsheet.
    Pacrooti's Hirelings Website:
    pacrootis.enjin.com/

NA Server:
    Steforax Soulstrong CH782 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH782 Dragonknight AD
    Rheticia Le Drakisius CH782 Nightblade DC
    Razmuzan Thrasmas CH782 Templar EP
    Sheenara Soulstrong CH782 Dragonknight DC
    Erik Ramzey CH782 Nightblade AD
    Growling Kahjiti CH782 Nightblade EP
    One of Many Faces CH782 Sorcerer DC
    Grumpasaurus Rex CH782 Warden DC
    EU Server:
    Guildmaster of Pacrooti's Hirelings AD Based LGBT Friendly Guild.
    Stefrex Souliss CH701 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH701 Dragonknight DC
    Slithisi Ksissi CH701 Nightblade EP
    Pokes-With-Fire CH701 Dragonknight AD
    Josie-The-Pussi-Cat CH701 Templar AD
    Stug-Grog M'God CH701 Templar DC
    One With Many Faces CH701 Nightblade DC
    Trixie Truskan CH701 Sorcerer EP
    Grumpetasaurus Rex CH701 Warden EP
    ESO Plus status: Canceled!
  • Gaangreen
    Gaangreen
    ✭✭✭
    Way to empower the people that have been exploiting the broken system for so long. This will ruin all guilds that bid basically all they have each week to get a decent trader.

Instead of this, why didnt you fix ghost guilds? It would have been easy as making it impossible to rebuy the trader until the next change over. And would have had a much better community response.
  • Skwor
    Skwor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Not wanting to get banned all I WILL SAY is this will likely increase the costs of traders not decrease, this action works to increase the market pressure on those spots not decrease it, as such pricing will crawl up.

Any economist could easily predict this.