Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Scalebreaker and Update 23 Preview"

• Lauranae
    Lauranae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about the next part of the House of the Lunar Thingy?

No mention of that …?!

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

You will be able to unlock the next portion of your house by completing the Scalebreaker dungeons :)

WOW!! way to give a poisoned gift with the house gated by DLC instances and last part with Trial ....

So those who can not do the 2 dungeons will get stay with a house half opened ....

I did not asked for this gift, and its a free house, but well gating a house with grouping content, you could have be honnest before and i would not have started to decorate it and put a lot in it.
    My most recent characters
    AD - Columba nera NB
    --Gran'ma is away from the game for resting after Covid and 9 teeth removed as she is totally knocked down -
  • BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    method__01 wrote: »
    again no word for expanding housing/bank/player inventory limit,while zos adds new items almost daily
    multi crafting sounds good but dungeons?as long as my eso+ active i might join a group for completion after that i prolly never set foot there again

we want stories not dungeons and fix performance !!!!

Originally that model was to do one dungeon, one chapter, and two DLC zones per year. Guessing the dungeon DLCs are far less consuming to create. :|
    Edited by BigBragg on July 2, 2019 9:30PM
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Finally closure on selenes web
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lauranae wrote: »
    What about the next part of the House of the Lunar Thingy?

No mention of that …?!

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

You will be able to unlock the next portion of your house by completing the Scalebreaker dungeons :)

WOW!! way to give a poisoned gift with the house gated by DLC instances and last part with Trial ....

So those who can not do the 2 dungeons will get stay with a house half opened ....

I did not asked for this gift, and its a free house, but well gating a house with grouping content, you could have be honnest before and i would not have started to decorate it and put a lot in it.

This was stated from the start. The final wing of the house will be unlocked with the zone content update at the end of the year.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, one question.

Is multi-crafting worth the nerfs that we are going to receive ?
  • jadarock
    jadarock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    frostz417 wrote: »
    What about some performance fixes?

Zos wont hear us until there is a mass exodus
    I haven't logged in almost a week. ..
  • TheNightflame
    TheNightflame
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To people worried about the house being locked behind pve:

you can buy a carry. these will likely be cheap.
    OR, you can try to make a group in zone chat and people will carry you for free, it won't be hard if you put in a bit of effort or ask around in guilds. don't be so ashamed.

To people worried about performance

YES

I'm worried too.
    this dlc will be unplayable if performance isn't fixed before then.
    as such, myself and may others have stopped renewing eso plus
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ok, one question.

Is multi-crafting worth the nerfs that we are going to receive ?

We always get nerfs but we’ve never had multi-crafting
  • jediodyn_ESO
    jediodyn_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Want to make battlegrounds more popular? Separate the freaking queues. The community has been asking for it for at least a year and a half. Read the freaking battleground forums! The maps aren’t the problem, it’s the queue system. Shame on you devs, you keep putting lipstick on a pig.
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope the Monster sets are interesting.
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can Bosmer stealth get fixed in that update please? It's really not much work and there is literally no arguments against doing so.

Hunter's Eye:
    • 3m detection
    • 3m stealth radius
    • rest stays the same

It's as simple as that.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • XDragonDoomX
    XDragonDoomX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 x2 dungeon dlc releases in the same year ?

I'm starting to lose interest.
    "Forums are like a herd of performing elephants with diarrhea.
    massive, difficult to redirect, awe-inspiring, entertaining, and a source of
    mind-boggling amounts of excrement when you least expect it. ”

(with apologies to Eugene H. Spafford, aka Spaf)

I have the power to please one person per day. Today is not your day.
    Tomorrow... Tomorrow does not look good either.

82. Victory laps after killing the dragon with my 1d2 bow is considered in poor taste.
    83. My gnome does not like big butts and he cannot lie.
    84. Not allowed to talk my fellow inquisitors into buying a 220lb pull crossbow.
    85. Not allowed to talk my fellow inquisitors into buying an industrial strength flamethrower.
    86. Not allowed to make a superhero with a 99% chance of dodging even after the -10 penalty for a successful called shot.
    87. There is no such thing as a dwarven katana.
    88. My bard does not get a bonus to perform if she is obviously not wearing anything under her tabard.
    89. The elf's name is not Legolam.
    ** Mr Glenn's Forbidden activities list**

• TheNightflame
    TheNightflame
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »
    Can Bosmer stealth get fixed in that update please? It's really not much work and there is literally no arguments against doing so.

Hunter's Eye:
    • 3m detection
    • 3m stealth radius
    • rest stays the same

It's as simple as that.

my only thing is that it says eye so implies detection
  • TheNightflame
    TheNightflame
    ✭✭✭✭✭

you finished all the other story content in game so far?

I've finished all the dungeon achievements so far
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I know I will enjoy the 2 new dungeons but honestly as a console player I am more excited about the QOL improvement. Thanks for continuing to improve on the base game for everyone. :)
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really nice QoL changes, although I think the trader changes could do with some feedback from players to get it right.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Really nice QoL changes, although I think the trader changes could do with some feedback from players to get it right.

Agreed. The concern of this one is that this will advantage the big guilds with the most money even more and make it even more difficult for new guilds to get a start.

It also doesn't address the one big issue with trading - that there simply are not enough traders by a mile.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • observertim
    observertim
    ✭✭✭
    Most of the new update looks like a great thing! It will allow me to continue paring down the number of QOL addons that I have been using. :)

Thank you Santie! I was wondering if anyone would mention that. I nearly cried when I read that particular change, as someone who is on the low end of the Guild Trader totem pole. There needs to be some way for smaller guilds to get access to the broad market, rather than being forced into insularity by the trader system.

To that end, I'd like to throw out some ideas (nothing earthshatteringly new here, maybe just another voice).

• A limited free trade house, say with a 10-item limit per person. Just enough that you can sell some stuff. Totally separate from the current kiosks.

• Guild Shops where several guilds can buy a limited amount of trader space (10-15 slots/member) in a single zone for a fixed fee. Possibly even limit the number that can buy in a zone (say 10 or 20), though that would just end up being a lesser version of the current problem; though the smaller guilds would at least get a chance that way.

• Allowing a guild with a kiosk to designate one other guild that does not own a trader to "subcontract" their spot and use it for sales.

Anyway, that's just my two cents. I hope this is the right place on the forums to post it.
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whilst on the surface I'm a fan of the guild trader changes - it does concern me that the mega rich guilds and their fake guilds will now have even a greater chance to dominate Tamriel and lock it down...

If we could find a way to stop the fake guilds from disbanding and selling those trader spots (or keep them as back up for themselves) it might give newer guilds a greater opportunity. I'll reserve judgement fully until I see it in action - but I fear it...
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For anyone concerned about the trader changes there is a thread here:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/482926/guild-bid-on-up-to-10-different-guild-trader-locations-each-week-with-update-23

Please make your feelings known.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • fletchunit
    fletchunit
    ✭✭
    Love this game , but until you fix performance so i can get more than a few fps and im able to use abilities and bar swap...maybe then i can give you my money and i will try this new content.
    Xbox NA
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For anyone concerned about the trader changes there is a thread here:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/482926/guild-bid-on-up-to-10-different-guild-trader-locations-each-week-with-update-23

Please make your feelings known.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

I was just coming in here to post that link, as I want ZOS to have EVERY possible chance to see the very concerned feedback from trading guild GMs (such as myself and many others).

Thank you for passing that along in here.
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So ZOS .... about that performance ?
  • Glory
    Glory
    Class Representative
    Amazing QoL updates!

MultiCraft was a must-have addon, now native will make console players and those who don't use addons have such an easier time.

Currency for undaunted keys is amazing. Makes perfect sense. Being able to further refine your key usage is an amazing feature - less RNG and more towards a plain currency system (if you are willing to pay more which I find ok). And it's nice to allow the shoulder styles in game via keys, love it.
    mDK will rise again.
    Rebuild Necromancer pet AI.

@Glorious since I have too many characters to list

Ádamant

Strongly against Faction Lock
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

This has been the model for quite a long time, once they launched on console and proposed a regular release schedule. It originally was 2 zone/story DLCs and 2 dungeon DLCs. That changed with Morrowind to where we have one chapter, one zone/story DLC and 2 dungeon DLCs. Also, when Homestead launched, it took the place of one of the zone/story DLCs, so that year was pretty thin for solo questers.
    Rittings wrote: »
    Whilst on the surface I'm a fan of the guild trader changes - it does concern me that the mega rich guilds and their fake guilds will now have even a greater chance to dominate Tamriel and lock it down...

If we could find a way to stop the fake guilds from disbanding and selling those trader spots (or keep them as back up for themselves) it might give newer guilds a greater opportunity. I'll reserve judgement fully until I see it in action - but I fear it...

I'll take a look in the specific thread on this, which was posted here, but I just wanted to post a couple thoughts. I'm not really sure what to think about this change and I think only time will tell how it will affect large vs small guilds. I can see the potential for some abuse by the larger trade guilds, which can potentially bid on 10 different spots. However, as it is suspected that large guilds utilize dummy guilds to bid on other spots which they can release either to themselves if they lose their main bid or just release/sell to other guilds, I would think this system would negate that practice, since they will now be able to bid on multiple spots and thus will probably secure a spot somewhere. I suppose it wouldn't help with the ghost guild issue on PS4, as guilds could still bid on spots and then sell them. But perhaps their market will dry up if smaller guilds are able to bid on multiple spots and potentially win one.

I think it's time to utilize the empty guild trader spots in the starter zones. There is only one trader in those zones, but there are empty carts/stalls in each of them. If those spots had 3 or 4 traders, then they could potentially draw more traffic. And why does the Hollow City only have 4 traders? You could put at least one more there.
  • Kotusha
    Kotusha
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed. The concern of this one is that this will advantage the big guilds with the most money even more and make it even more difficult for new guilds to get a start.

It also doesn't address the one big issue with trading - that there simply are not enough traders by a mile.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Yeah, now smaller guilds won't even have a chance to get a trader. Only those with big weekly sales requirement or something.
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_SarahHecker , @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Can you clarify the meaning of this statement?
    With multi-crafting, you can now craft, deconstruct, and refine multiple items at once. Simply indicate how many times you wish to perform the crafting action and it instantly does it all!

Does this mean that if you select 100 potions, the UI crafts all of them in one crafting action or behaves like the existing addons and repeats the crafting action 100 times?

Thanks!
    Megaservers: PC NA / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (sometimes)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Sharing My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    Charity:#GivingTheNewMeta
    ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BenevolentBowd
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So how about some content for those of us not fixated on phat lewt and dungeon running endlessly in pursuit of it?

You know, OPEN WORLD content, bosses, etc. that don't require us to 'group up' with the toxicity that game=play often entails?

I see nothing in this update for the like of me, nothing new to obtain from the content I enjoy doing.

Just saying, not all ESO players like forced-group content.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lauranae wrote: »

I missed most of the stream; did they say if you had to complete VET Scalebreaker or just complete Scalebreaker? Because even the DLC dungeons are usually complete-able with a PuG on non-Vet.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • thegreatme
    thegreatme
    ✭✭✭✭
    method__01 wrote: »
    we want stories not dungeons and fix performance !!!!
    You want. Not everybody.

As far as I know the dungeons all have their own stories. The real trick is finding people who don't want to skip them for a level/loot dash :D
    Join my Nocturnal-devoted Mercenary Reach guild! https://esokrakeclan.weebly.com/
    My Artstation | Deviantart | Youtube | Furaffinity

Thank You ZoS!:
    ◙ Blackfeather Court banker/merchant
    ◙ Gloam Indrik
    ◙ Re-release Gloam Wolf Mount

Let's See It Happen ZoS:
    ◙ /honorloop emote
    ◙ cross-legged sitting emote
    ◙ Evergloam house
    ◙ Hagraven Polymorph
    ◙ Hagraven Houseguest