The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Guild bid on up to 10 different Guild Trader locations each week with update 23

• Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I am in a few trading guilds, I have little to no knowledge of how things run behind the scenes with bids and all that. Even so, common sense leads me to conclude that this is not a good change. Only the large multi-guild consortiums will have the funds to plop down multiple competitive bids. If this is some weird way the developers are trying to make a new gold sink or something, this... is really not a fair way to go about it.
  • reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Starlock wrote: »
    If this is some weird way the developers are trying to make a new gold sink or something, this... is really not a fair way to go about it.

It's wild to keep having the same conversations in the forums as in our Discord.

That was my thought, too. With kiosk bids relatively predicable (except for DLCs & turf wars), and the fact that new, large houses are only ever sold for crowns, the major gold sinks are gone.

How do you create more of a gold sink? Rock the kiosk boat.

Oh, god, our normal kiosk IS a literal boat... :|
  • Dont_do_drugs
    Dont_do_drugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tbh i was wondering, since i know that some gm are buying crowns to sell them for gold (for bids then), wether its ZOS' way of trying to make even more people to do so, to be competitive.

Get Stuff like this (but not this stuff)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"I have too admit. People leading trade guilds in this game are quite stupid. Not stupid like fools, but stupid like leaders.
    They can only bla-bla and waste gold on feeding their ego. I am disappointed."

Egal, wie gut du Schach spielst, die Taube wird alle Figuren umwerfen, auf das Brett kacken und herumstolzieren, als hätte sie gewonnen.

Arkadius Trade Tools
    Modular framework, now open for authors who want to add own tabs.

My Donation (Arkadius' Trade Tools Addon)
    First external ATT tab contribution.

Port to Friend's House Addon
    Check out the new Port to Friend's House library and port to contributers houses:
    Deutsch | English

• Pevey
    Pevey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS knows what they are doing, even if we don’t like it. This will at least double the amount of gold sunk every week on bids. Guilds in long-term, established spots who roll the dice most weeks with low bids in the hope that no one will be bidding against them will no longer be able to get away with that.

This has nothing to do with the ghost trader issue on console. That will continue. The people who do that freely admit they don’t do it as a backup. They do it as a source of additional revenue. This change will only make it easier for them to operate. The issue will not go away. And I don’t think it was the intent of ZOS, at least with this update, to make that issue go away. Maybe they will address it later, maybe not at all. Who knows, because their communication is atrocious.
    Edited by Pevey on July 2, 2019 7:52PM
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So a restrictive trading system becomes an even more restrictive one, probably even an elitist one.

Shame, but more power to the NPC merchants to whom I will continue to sell my surplus stuff while making do without anything I haven't looted, crafted, or received as a quest reward.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pevey wrote: »
    ZOS knows what they are doing, even if we don’t like it. This will at least double the amount of guild sunk every week on bids. Guilds in long-term, established spots who roll the dice most weeks with low bids in the hope that no one will be bidding against them will no longer be able to get away with that.

This has nothing to do with the ghost trader issue on console. That will continue. The people who do that freely admit they don’t do it as a backup. They do it as a source of additional revenue. This change will only make it easier for them to operate. The issue will not go away. And I don’t think it was the intent of ZOS, at least with this update, to make that issue go away. Maybe they will address it later, maybe not at all. Who knows, because their communication is atrocious.

Is that a typo or a Freudian slip?
  • chess1ukb16_ESO
    chess1ukb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    HAHA this is an epic gold sink. I am imagining week one it is so broken there are guilds on two kiosks and such and then they tweak it and all the pre-bids are permanently swallowed resetting the economy.

On a serious note, I think this is a bad decision.

It will give significantly more stress to some established GM's and will likely force a break up of a lot of mid-size guilds until things settle which could take 3-6 months.

Member loyalty will soften over time as every Sunday more and more location dependant Players will shop around to move to a Trade Guild that occupies the kiosks they want.

Fees will be introduced to many guilds to increase their income so they can compete with larger bids which over time will force strong deflationary pressure on the economy. My advice is unload your craft bags whilst they hold their value.

Certain players who shall remain nameless will buy even more gold either legitimately through crown gifts or other suspicious methods and use it to break the economy by bidding way higher than the quality of their Guild deserves. Which will be fun for a few weeks but then they will realise they are throwing significant monies down the toilet.

Quality trade hubs will diminish as guilds with less stock will win more often which means everyone will take longer to shop around and the absolute top tier mega rich guilds will see even more traffic as it will be a safe place for Customers who value their time.
    Edited by chess1ukb16_ESO on July 2, 2019 8:18PM
    Ireniicus
    GM - Tamriel Traders Guild (TTG); Divine Deals; Allmart & The Alchemist Emporium
  • Dont_do_drugs
    Dont_do_drugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    True, ZOS isnt able to get 4 people together into one group correctly. We were also already discussing the question, wether the Servers and the coding will ensure that everyting will work out fine. that system is pretty complex then. also it will require a lot of more calculating, 10 x bids right after 8pm. fun times.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"I have too admit. People leading trade guilds in this game are quite stupid. Not stupid like fools, but stupid like leaders.

Egal, wie gut du Schach spielst, die Taube wird alle Figuren umwerfen, auf das Brett kacken und herumstolzieren, als hätte sie gewonnen.

Arkadius Trade Tools

Check out the new Port to Friend's House library and port to contributers houses:
    Deutsch | English

• Pevey
    Pevey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    Pevey wrote: »
    ZOS knows what they are doing, even if we don’t like it. This will at least double the amount of guild sunk every week on bids. Guilds in long-term, established spots who roll the dice most weeks with low bids in the hope that no one will be bidding against them will no longer be able to get away with that.

Is that a typo or a Freudian slip?

The dangers of autocorrect...

But probably both are accurate. ZOS somehow managed to increase the level of stress for trade guild GMs higher than it already was. I would call that quite a feat, but I don’t think I would call it a quality of life update. Some GMs just won’t want to deal with it.
    Edited by Pevey on July 2, 2019 8:02PM
  • reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HAHA this is an epic gold sink. I am imagining week one it is so broken there are guilds on two kiosks and such and then they tweak it and all the pre-bids are permanently swallowed resetting the economy.

Like when they introduced One Tamriel and overwrote all of Craglorn, including the kiosks and their current owners, thereby putting the kiosks up for the first hire? Smh.
  • cheifsoap
    cheifsoap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see why big trader guilds would bid on bad locations. Its illogical to do that. The top locations are highly competitive and will always be highly competitive. I fail to see how this could be a win for larger guilds
  • Dont_do_drugs
    Dont_do_drugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cheifsoap wrote: »
    I don't see why big trader guilds would bid on bad locations. Its illogical to do that. The top locations are highly competitive and will always be highly competitive. I fail to see how this could be a win for larger guilds

with 10 bidding options, i am surely able to bid 4 mio on windhelm, 2.5mio on skywatch if needed 2mio on a single trader as 10th bid.
    Edited by Dont_do_drugs on July 2, 2019 8:09PM

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Arkadius Trade Tools

Deutsch | English

• GarnetFire17
    GarnetFire17
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please don't go live with this ZOS. This is something that nobody wants except the ones that want to see chaos happen. The very rich guilds will all bid against each other for the best spots and some of the lower tier spots for "back up" and the guilds in those tiers are just making ends meet to hold on to their own spot. They can't really afford to make a bunch of bids all over the place except maybe a few bids in much worse spots. And the gold sink doesn't really matter to these super rich guilds, they can afford to put up 10 massive bids because they are just that rich and the gold from the losing bids is refunded.

The plan should be 1. Keep adding more trader locations. 2. add a game wide search feature for items in the guild store a la TTC. 3. Have one early bidding stage where if you win your bid you are locked into the location, but you can raise your bid until the final bid. But if you lose the first bid you can bid at another location but not the same one.
    Edited by GarnetFire17 on July 2, 2019 8:13PM
  • chess1ukb16_ESO
    chess1ukb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

with 10 bidding options, i am surely able to bid 4 mio on windhelm, 2.5mio on skywatch if needed 2mio on a single trader as 10th bid.

Was kinda hoping you would be bidding 2.5m in Belkarth :)
    Ireniicus
    GM - Tamriel Traders Guild (TTG); Divine Deals; Allmart & The Alchemist Emporium
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guild A is a large prosperous trading guild that uses the shadow guild bidding system.

Current Scenario:
    Guild A bids on their desired trader.
    Guild A creates shadow Guild B to make the bid on a backup trader with money from Guild A.
    Guild A gets the trader from a successful bid and gets back the money from any failed bids.

New Scenario:
    Guild A bids on their backup trader with whatever money they previous gave to their shadow Guild B.
    Guild A potentially bids a little bit on a few more backup traders now that they don't have to get 50 people to join a shadow guild.
    Guild A gets the trader from a successful bid and gets back the money from any failed bids.

So in other words, ZOS kept the system working exactly the same way, just that now Guild A gets to do it all without going through the hassle of creating a shadow Guild?

Interesting.
  • darthgummibear_ESO
    darthgummibear_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread just tells me that the current trader system is beyond convoluted. This does nothing but further empower large established trading guilds, and screw everyone else in the process. It doesn't solve any of the problems I've seen people complain about, it just makes things worse. I'm worried about what this ultimately means for the future of trading for anyone not in one of these super-rich trading guilds.

This game's economy is way too dependent on the outflow of gold from the bidding system. We need another solution.
  • Dont_do_drugs
    Dont_do_drugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Was kinda hoping you would be bidding 2.5m in Belkarth :)

nah, i will bid full frontrow and then mournhold, the remaining 3 will be some random traders in smaller hubs. :*

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Arkadius Trade Tools

Deutsch | English

• GarnetFire17
    GarnetFire17
    ✭✭✭✭
    Guild A is a large prosperous trading guild that uses the shadow guild bidding system.

Current Scenario:
    Guild A creates shadow Guild B to make the bid on a backup trader with money from Guild A.

New Scenario:
    Guild A bids on their backup trader with whatever money they previous gave to their shadow Guild B.
    Guild A potentially bids a little bit on a few more backup traders now that they don't have to get 50 people to join a shadow guild.

So in other words, ZOS kept the system working exactly the same way, just that now Guild A gets to do it all without going through the hassle of creating a shadow Guild?

Interesting.

no. not 1 Shadow guild its 10! ten bids!! they will use some to bid against the guilds right next to them unless they all collude together not and actually keep their word.
    Edited by GarnetFire17 on July 2, 2019 8:20PM
  • f047ys3v3n
    f047ys3v3n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure why people are pissed about this or why they don't think the change will help small guilds.

The effects should be:

1) Smaller guilds will rarely loose their spot to a big dog since the big dogs will no longer have to buy up secondary spots on weeks they don't loose their primary and they rarely loose their primary.

2) Overall trader costs will lower as there are now fewer total guilds bidding for a spot (this is because you just removed all those shadow guilds of the big dogs.) Simple supply and demand here.

3) Week to week prices for specific traders will become more consistent and possibly also lower because the severe negative effect of loosing your bid (no trader at all) has been removed. You will now likely still get a lesser trader. (A secondary effect of this will be that spying will offer less advantages than it previously did.)

4) Guilds trader locations will move more often because, with a less disastrous worst case scenario, guilds will take more chances on bids to save money and will also take more chances on improving their location. This should be really pronounced right after the change as guilds currently have little data on how much location effects their sales and at least some of them will be adventuresome enough to want to find out if a move up or down in location is more profitable.

5) I expect the competition between guilds to become more dynamic and involve less cartel behavior (ie. getting other guilds leaders banned right before the bid to prevent them from bidding). In effect, being able to explore multiple options for trader locations based on price should bring the market closer to free market ideals and decrease the benefits of anti-competitive behavior. It certainly greatly lowers the barriers to entry to start and especially to grow a trade guild.

In short, I think the changes will make things dramatically better for almost all players in the market and that they should completely solve the problem of shadow trade guilds.

Some advice to many of you who have posted.... Just put your investments in index funds IRL. The lack of basic understanding about how markets work in here is just staggering.

Edited by f047ys3v3n on July 2, 2019 8:21PM
    I am mostly pleased with the current state of ESO. Please do continue to ban cheaters though and you guys have to find out who is duping gold and how because the economy is currently non-functional.
  • reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, wait... Serious question:

Is anyone happy about this change?

I see representatives from small and large guilds, all saying no. Is anyone good with it?
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    WTF.gif ZOS???

How is this going to help anyone except the large trading guilds? Seriously?

My main guild only has about 500k to bid each week which is rarely enough to get a trader. We would need 5 million gold to cover 10 spots. That is insane!
    headbang.gif

ZOS has NEVER had any interest is facilitating Trade for smaller guilds or casual players.

I am shocked that anyone is shocked at this move.

All The Best
    Those memories come back to haunt me, they haunt me like a curse.
    Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse.
  • WardenofNirn
    WardenofNirn
    ✭✭✭
    reoskit wrote: »
    So, wait... Serious question:

Is anyone happy about this change?

I see representatives from small and large guilds, all saying no. Is anyone good with it?

Well now I am in the same state of mind as when they pulled the guild history data in. This will have a huge effect on the already super expensive traders. How the *** am I supposed to hold my tiny guild a trader each week if the price increases even more. It is hard as it is. I am telling it aint gonna work.

Im a trader, 85% of the time ingame I trade. the other 15% I manage my guild. Ive done this since beta. Now ZOS has managed to destroy all of my occupations in the game within a month. Even if Guild History is somewhat back, but still not the same as before. More work now.
  • Pevey
    Pevey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    f047ys3v3n wrote: »
    Not sure why people are pissed about this or why they don't think the change will help small guilds.

The effects should be:

1) Smaller guilds will rarely loose their spot to a big dog since the big dogs will no longer have to buy up secondary spots on weeks they don't loose their primary and they rarely loose their primary.

2) Overall trader costs will lower as there are now fewer total guilds bidding for a spot (this is because you just removed all those shadow guilds of the big dogs.) Simple supply and demand here.

3) Week to week prices for specific traders will become more consistent and possibly also lower because the severe negative effect of loosing your bid (no trader at all) has been removed. You will now likely still get a lesser trader. (A secondary effect of this will be that spying will offer less advantages than it previously did.)

4) Guilds trader locations will move more often because, with a less disastrous worst case scenario, guilds will take more chances on bids to save money and will also take more chances on improving their location. This should be really pronounced right after the change as guilds currently have little data on how much location effects their sales and at least some of them will be adventuresome enough to want to find out if a move up or down in location is more profitable.

5) I expect the competition between guilds to become more dynamic and involve less cartel behavior (ie. getting other guilds leaders banned right before the bid to prevent them from bidding). In effect, being able to explore multiple options for trader locations based on price should bring the market closer to free market ideals and decrease the benefits of anti-competitive behavior. It certainly greatly lowers the barriers to entry to start and especially to grow a trade guild.

In short, I think the changes will make things dramatically better for almost all players in the market and that they should completely solve the problem of shadow trade guilds.

Some advice to many of you who have posted.... Just put your investments in index funds IRL. The lack of basic understanding about how markets work in here is just staggering.

Logic is flawed. This does not address shadow guild issue. Shadow guilds are mainly created for additional revenue.

• ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Not a fan of this idea.

Ya this gives ways for guilds to have backup. Problem is the guilds with enough money to do this already have a way to get backups and its also gives them money if they dont need the backups. Thats how they are getting the money to make there bid and how they cover there backup spots and how they would have enough to use this.

The main problem is the shell guilds that are being used as backups and also profit from the larger guild. The ones that are selling stalls for 1.5-2 times what they payed for it.

Guild traders arnt actually profitable for most guilds. Only the ones selling stalls are making any profit to put back into the "business". Elden root is like 14ish mil and guilds are pulling in 2m from sales. Most guilds are going to 0 gold in bank each week, even if there not they still arnt going to have money to bid on another stall. The guilds selling stalls arnt going to use this new system either. There system guarantees them a stall and makes them profit.

If Zos really wants to help improve the trader system, they should make it so you cant sell stalls anymore. Each guild would be on even footing at that point not exploiting smaller guilds to make there bid for them. Even then I dont think this system there planning to put into place wont be helpful. Splitting your money between bids is just not something guilds are interested in. You bid where you have raised funds for and already feels safe and confident bidding on.

@ZOS_RobGarrett , i assume this is your department?
  • WardenofNirn
    WardenofNirn
    ✭✭✭
    ezio45 wrote: »
    Not a fan of this idea.

Ya this gives ways for guilds to have backup. Problem is the guilds with enough money to do this already have a way to get backups and its also gives them money if they dont need the backups. Thats how they are getting the money to make there bid and how they cover there backup spots and how they would have enough to use this.

The main problem is the shell guilds that are being used as backups and also profit from the larger guild. The ones that are selling stalls for 1.5-2 times what they payed for it.

Guild traders arnt actually profitable for most guilds. Only the ones selling stalls are making any profit to put back into the "business". Elden root is like 14ish mil and guilds are pulling in 2m from sales. Most guilds are going to 0 gold in bank each week, even if there not they still arnt going to have money to bid on another stall. The guilds selling stalls arnt going to use this new system either. There system guarantees them a stall and makes them profit.

If Zos really wants to help improve the trader system, they should make it so you cant sell stalls anymore. Each guild would be on even footing at that point not exploiting smaller guilds to make there bid for them. Even then I dont think this system there planning to put into place wont be helpful. Splitting your money between bids is just not something guilds are interested in. You bid where you have raised funds for and already feels safe and confident bidding on.

@ZOS_RobGarrett , i assume this is your department?

Amen to that!
  • chess1ukb16_ESO
    chess1ukb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    ezio45 wrote: »
    Not a fan of this idea.

Guild traders arnt actually profitable for most guilds. Only the ones selling stalls are making any profit to put back into the "business". Elden root is like 14ish mil and guilds are pulling in 2m from sales. Most guilds are going to 0 gold in bank each week, even if there not they still arnt going to have money to bid on another stall. The guilds selling stalls aren't going to use this new system either. There system guarantees them a stall and makes them profit.

Anyone spending 14m a week for 2m income is not so smart, sorry to break it to you. That just perpetuates the cycle as the beneficiary could be giving backhanders to the guild that displaced you. Plus I do not believe that kind of disparity happens often if at all. The math does not work out.
    Ireniicus
  • GarnetFire17
    GarnetFire17
    ✭✭✭✭

The effects should be:

1) smaller guilds don't often lose to the big guilds now, because the big guilds are where they want to be. And they have no reason to stop buying other spots up with shadow guilds. It's safer and it eliminates competition. Especially when there secondary bids are probably going to be bid against by other rich guilds too. They will just move the shadow guilds down the chain.

2) It doesn't make sense to say all the guilds will have less competition when all the guilds can now place 10 bids at once. The guilds that can afford to so will do it. And the ones who can't will have to try to squeeze more gold out their members in increased dues and quotas and fundraising to try pay for a higher bid to protect their spot and to also be able to afford a decent back up spot. And as I said the shadow guilds aren't going anywhere.

3) There is no way the prices will be more consistent with so many guilds paying for multiple bids. In my experience having to accept a lower level spot that you still have to pay for and that you don't want to be in and that you guild members didn't join for is pretty much just as bad as losing the spot for a week.

4) What you are talking about is instability and uncertainty. It's not good for making profit it's only good for those trying to move up the ladder. The guilds that are in the middle that have worked hard for a long time to establish themselves in a location they are happy with without making the huge profits of other guilds will be the ones that are screwed over.

5) I am not sure what Cartel problems you think are going to change because of this change. What ever guilds are working with each other will continue to do so. But for those that are not aligned there is probably going to be more shenanigans, because while it will encourage competition many don't like to compete fairly they just want to win.

You think you know markets really well. And you are probably pretty versed, but I don't think you know the ins and outs of what it is to be in the trade guild game of ESO. A guild with 2 shadows guilds can bid on 30 trader spots. This is very very dangerous. It's not going to be a good thing.
  • reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, in the future, we'll have up to 10 standing bids, all (presumably) different amounts, and in different locations.

We currently view our bid (singular) in the guild bank history. Is the Guild History UI going to change so that we can view all this information in any sort of consumable way? Obviously, I ask because our access to the GH has been problematic of late, but also because the current view does not lend itself to keeping track of multiple bids in various locations.

We can also run up to the kiosk during bidding to see our current bid. Will that bidding UI change? Will it tell us how many bids we currently have locked in, what the bids are, on which kiosks, where this kiosk's bid stands in the rankings of our bids? Etc.

I know, I know, "It'll be on PTS."

With all that was broken at the launch of the Guild Finder, I'm wary. I beg of you, fellow GMs, once this goes live on PTS go test and provide feedback! Hope that it makes a difference.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The effects should be:

1) smaller guilds don't often lose to the big guilds now, because the big guilds are where they want to be. And they have no reason to stop buying other spots up with shadow guilds. It's safer and it eliminates competition. Especially when there secondary bids are probably going to be bid against by other rich guilds too. They will just move the shadow guilds down the chain.

2) It doesn't make sense to say all the guilds will have less competition when all the guilds can now place 10 bids at once. The guilds that can afford to so will do it. And the ones who can't will have to try to squeeze more gold out their members in increased dues and quotas and fundraising to try pay for a higher bid to protect their spot and to also be able to afford a decent back up spot. And as I said the shadow guilds aren't going anywhere.

3) There is no way the prices will be more consistent with so many guilds paying for multiple bids. In my experience having to accept a lower level spot that you still have to pay for and that you don't want to be in and that you guild members didn't join for is pretty much just as bad as losing the spot for a week.

4) What you are talking about is instability and uncertainty. It's not good for making profit it's only good for those trying to move up the ladder. The guilds that are in the middle that have worked hard for a long time to establish themselves in a location they are happy with without making the huge profits of other guilds will be the ones that are screwed over.

5) I am not sure what Cartel problems you think are going to change because of this change. What ever guilds are working with each other will continue to do so. But for those that are not aligned there is probably going to be more shenanigans, because while it will encourage competition many don't like to compete fairly they just want to win.

You think you know markets really well. And you are probably pretty versed, but I don't think you know the ins and outs of what it is to be in the trade guild game of ESO. A guild with 2 shadows guilds can bid on 30 trader spots. This is very very dangerous. It's not going to be a good thing.

It's only a factor for the first bid though. Only one bid can win, and then it erases their 9 other bids. So, for example, Guild A could bid 10M on one trader, and 9M on a second trader. Guild B could bid 1 gold on the second trader. If Guild A wins their 10M bid on the first trader, Guild B will win their 1 gold bid on the second trader because the 9M bid is wiped away as if it was never cast. (Of course I realize a 1 gold bid is absurd, and also that there will be other competition for a trader. But the point stills stands, the 2nd-10th bid by Guild A is meaningless if they win their 1st bid.)
  • OsManiaC
    OsManiaC
    ✭✭✭✭
    Since there are still people who think only in shadow/ghost/backup/whatever issue,

think of this, seriously,
    • 97.43% spots in main cities are already have same guilds for years -
    • Sometimes they got overbid/snipe by another guilds - there are competition in main cities but most of the time the settled ones win
    • with the backup thingie they had the chance for their alternative spots. But this was like 1 spot for 6-7 guilds in an alliance
    • NOW RE-READ THE CHANGE
    • "every" guild has "9" other chances, two major guilds fight for the spot in main city, loser one gots the one tier down spot - guess what that lower tier spot will not be the rivenspire
    • every week the war in main cities will be increase, why not? if you cannot win you can go one lower, and one lower,
    • bid amount for the lower tier cities will be increased "SIGNIFICANTLY"

Now I tell you what will have happen with example if you still not understand
    • people will fight for rawl,craglorn and mournhold.
    • They will lose the bidding mostly to the ones stay for years
    • NO WORRIES because they have other choices now - which they dont have now ! don't dare to say backup ones!! no one has 1-to-1 backup spot, 6-7 guilds have one spot!
    • since they lose fight in rawl,craglorn and mournhold, they will go wayrest, elder, alinor
    • the chance of losing will not be the same as the first fight - these guys tried to battle the major players!! think the money they have
    • who loses the wayrest,elder,alinor? DOES NOT MATTER, because the ones that are in rivenspire,alikr,greenshade cannot fight the losers of that war!!!

the chance of new guilds? the chance of low-tier trading guilds? do they have money to bid on 10 spots? really?

Edited by OsManiaC on July 2, 2019 9:13PM
    GM of The Argonian Kebab, The Argonian Steak & The Argonian BBQ - PC - EU (The Tamriel Kitchen) @OsManiaC

Don't worry, the tail grows back!
    if it breathes we eats. #justbosmerthings - we can detect stealth boy NPCs and hunt them thanks to our skill!

https://steamcommunity.com/id/osmaniac