The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[Suggestions] Future Content I'd Like to See (2.0)

DerethDawnblade
DerethDawnblade
✭✭✭
An update to a suggestions post I made about 2 years ago. Just a few things I think would be cool to have.

Dawnguard DLC
We are in the midst of the Second Era, during which the First Dawnguard was active. Dawnguard was probably my favorite Skyrim expansion, and I certainly would not mind having a motif designed after their armor, and maybe a new Dawnguard themed skill line. There even seems to be the Fort Dawnguard portion of the Rift map cut off from the rest of the game world, even on the World Map, so...

Ancient Nord Motif
I've never been impressed with the Draugr motif. It's very flat, and basically just a decayed version of the vanilla Nord motif. It be awesome to see the Ancient Nord gear from Skyrim make a comeback. Western Skyrim DLC or Chapter anyone?

Spellcrafting
Spellcrafting has been on the back burner since 2014. I had hoped it would be a way to add in Necromancy skills for everyone, but with the release of an actual Necromancer class, that itch is somewhat scratched. It would still be cool to see Spellcrafting find its way into the game to add even more variation (at least in terms of visuals) to skills. Would also be cool to see even more Necromancy skills added with Spellcrafting so that all classes would have some access to that type of magic. 2020 maybe?

Weapon Dyes/Recoloring
I understand Zenimax (and many players as well) likely do not want to see everyone running around with bright pink weapons, but I think weapon dyes could work without going that far. A good balance would be to allow players to change the metal type on weapons to be recolored as other metals (this could be restricted to using those types that one is able to craft), and allow for full dyeing of the wood and leather/cloth portions of weapons. It would be really nice to have a regular steel colored sword at max level, as opposites to the mirror like red blades of Rubedite weapons or the gold of Maelstrom weapons.

Thanks Zenimax! So glad I don't have to swing around red crayons anymore.

Guild Banners, Mounts, and Costumes
This has already been done for Alliances, and I think would make a great addition for guilds. Especially for Player Homes/Guild Halls.

Updated Vanilla Armor and Weapon Models
This speaks for itself. A lot of the original motifs are pretty flat, and would really benefit from the sort of sculpting the newer equipment has.

Spears/Halberds/Other Polearms and Crossbows
I think I'd be equally happy getting Spears and Crossbows either as new weapon skill lines, or rolled into the existing Two Handed and Bow skill lines (with unique animations for the weapons themselves). It would be nice to have Spears in Elder Scrolls again, since they haven't been seen since the original Morrowind. Crossbows would fit in great with a Dawnguard DLC (see above).

One-Handed and Spell/"Rune" Weapon Skill Line/Dual Wield Spells Weapon Skill Line
This is something that I seem to recall was planned before the original beta even started, but was ditched. A couple years ago some Spellcrafting datamining revealed files possibly related to it being brought back from the dead. It would be great to see something like this as a Magicka equivalent to Dual Wielding. Imagine skills that weave together various elemental spells depending on the type of "rune" (or whatever they want to call it) and one handed weapon you have on with melee attacks. It would be great for those wanting to make Spellsword builds.

Armor and Weapon Displays for Housing
Title speaks for itself. Some display dummies, and stands like those in Skyrim's houses would be cool as hell.

Ayleid Ruins Home
I'm sure with all the different and unique homes that have been added, this will happen at some point. Would still be nice to live in some Ayleid Ruins though, or make a Guild Hall out of some.

More Advanced Building/Decoration System for Player Housing
Something that's been on my mind ever since Coldharbour Surreal Estate was added, and I noticed some wall/fence furniture were added at the same time: ESO would really benefit from something akin to Fallout 4's settlement system. Imagine being able to purchase a plot of land, and then construct your own castle or even town! The assets are already there, just add snapping points, and boom! Even more customization for houses. Here's how I'd do it: Keep everything as it is now, where items can be placed anywhere and rotated in any direction, but add in building kits with walls, floors, roofs, etc. that can all snap together. Imagine the endless possibilities. And for the corporate higher ups, and investors, imagine the profits! People would pay a pretty penny for something like that, and it would add an amazing new level of play.

What are some things everyone else would like to see added?
Edited by DerethDawnblade on June 30, 2019 11:22AM
  • StormChaser3000
    StormChaser3000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would add sailing and underwater exploration.
    Options
  • Snowstrider
    Snowstrider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want another craglorn style adventure zone. I was pretty dissapointed when they made Murkmire into a normal zone instead of an adventure one like they planned it to be.

We need more unique and different zones that add much more than just regular quests. (Elsweyr is a step in the right direction with dragons)
    Edited by Snowstrider on June 30, 2019 11:40AM
    Options
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They could have added all of the above with frosting, it would matter none if they dont fix the poor performance.

PC EU
    PvP only
    Options
  • DerethDawnblade
    DerethDawnblade
    ✭✭✭

Just so long as there's no underwater combat. Some of my worst WoW memories are of Vashj'ir.
    Options
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want them to add something that they’ve explained over and over they can’t do because of fundamental engine limitations.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
    Options
  • Bealeb319
    Bealeb319
    ✭✭✭✭
    More mout variety would be cool. Its nice there are dozens of horse, senche, bear and camels to choose from but how about a giant rat or something. I was super excited about the stick mounts till I realized they don't get mount speed benefits.

Aside from that I would love to see a trial que system.
    Options
  • Carrotkitty
    Carrotkitty
    Soul Shriven
    The ability to change your hair color!! Why in a world you can change your tattoos (by buying the content) and you can't change your hair color?!?!?
    Options
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I love underwater content but that ship sailed a long time ago for ESO. Underwater content has been ruled out by the devs in the same regard as cloaks. Never going to happen.

@OP: I’d love to get Spellcrafting eventually and a Vampire DLC that reworks Vampire as the Moonhunter DLC did for Werewolf. And we are in dire need of another Magicka weapon so +1 for One Hand / Rune skill line.

PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
    Options
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dawnguard DLC
    Well, we have a "Silver Dawn" motiv to strike fear in the heart of furries, so any not a "Dawnguard" motiv to do the same with bloodsucking fiends? ;)
    And it would make for a decent "dungeon" DLC to go up agaisnt vampire clans...

A story DLC tho? I dunno... vampire stories are not -that- universally enjoyed I reckon... although, it -would- make a good place to add vampy stuff for the large minority who -DO- love to suck! ...Blood I mean.
    Ancient Nord Motif
    Most of the "old" motivs were kinda flat-ish. And the draugr is more or less "decayed" by design... its a "grave" matter! ;)
    But I agree, that an "Ancient Atmoran" motiv would be -nifty!- to see come with some "Western Skyrim" DLC someday!
    Spellcrafting
    I still hope we will NEVER see "make your own skills" Spellcrafting, since that seems far too likely to end up in everyone running the same setup of "super effective" selfbuild skills with merely visual differences.

If anything, I'd like to see it as a option to just tweak the -visual- aspect of your skills... so if someone wanted to match their lightning staff skills to their templar "golden" theme, or vica versea, shift their templars gold to pale-blue glow for an "sky priest" they might be able to...

What I also -would- love to see is is being added as a way to turn class skills into consumables... add resources about ar "common" as jewelry crafting, then it never will be more then an "emergency use" thing... yet still could be fun! "Scrollcrafting", perhaps?
    Would be nice, but since they cannot really monetize this with a DLC... I'm not gonna hold my breath. Especially not after the mixed feedback they got when they did it for redguard and orc...

Expect them to just add new motifs with every DLC.
    One-Handed and Spell/"Rune" Weapon Skill Line/Dual Wield Spells Weapon Skill Line
    THAT! And More!
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/371862/additional-weapon-skill-ideas-mk-ii/p1 ;)
    Definitely!
    I want containers that cou can put weapons/armor inside to show, -or- set to display any one style from your outfit system...
    Ayleid Ruins Home
    Also definitely!

I personally also really, really want more "hideout" style homes. Meaning... a furnished hidden cave, a hidden cellar behind a slum building, a empty tomb, a caved in old sewer - all the kind of stuff we see in Outlaw Refugees, and some of our less lawful characters might want to claim for their own home, far away from prying eyes...
    I'd want that... but not for housing.
    For guild halls on the other hand...

Imegine, first conquering some "floating isle" daedric demiplane or other extradimensional location (could come in many flavors, think of all the "pocket dimension" landscapes we visit in various questings, from trickster gods festival grounds to daedric planes, from psijic devisements to clockwork cities, from surreal realms to reflections of days long past - or whatever else the designers might dream up...) by clearing it of all monsters, and then... starting "everyone pitch in" guild projects to build YOUR guildhall, decide which buildings go where, what walls or fortifications, which furniture and special items to place, etc.

There is even the possibility to add PvP to this... build your guildhall with devious traps and cunning defenses, set NPC guards, and when you are finished then switch it to "Combat Enabled" where other "CE" guilds can stage raids to test your defense design... (oh, by Mephala, I am getting "Dungeon Keeper" flashbacks here... ;) )
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/422285/new-player-race-possibilities/p1
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/387560/additional-guild-ideas-mk-ii
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/442350/character-background-passives
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/384538/for-great-justice/p1
    olsborg wrote: »
    They could have added all of the above with frosting, it would matter none if they dont fix the poor performance.
    And the performance cannot get fixed unless they keep making profit.
    So they need to keep selling us DLCs and Expansions, to have the funds to spend on perfrmance fixes as well.
    And if you expect them the fix the performance first... then you have little idea how the suits in charge of a company think. Because when a game like ESO looks like it isn't profitable anymore... they pull the plug and sell off the assets.
    So... if you want them to get to fixing stuff, you need to show them how much more untapped profit there could be if stuff were fixed! Show them you are willing to spend moeny on their stuff, and then casusally mention how much more you would be willing to spend if only... you get the idea, right? ;)
    The ability to change your hair color!! Why in a world you can change your tattoos (by buying the content) and you can't change your hair color?!?!?
    YES!
    Definitely. As well as some option to use cross-racial hair colors in chargen (just -how- long have some people asked to make black-haired altmer like exist for several NPCs?)

Also, as I mentioned elsewhere:
    ...I really wish there was a way to assign special -hairstyles- and -makeups- to outfit slots!

I mean, who wouldn't want their sorceress character have free flowing hair and stylish makeup in her "Scholar" outfit, yet a bound-for-combat hairstyle and a face full of warpaint in her "War Witch" outfit? Or stuff like that?

But yeah, it would also be cool to pick seperate mounts sometime... like, use a bear for your "winter knight" outfit and a guar for your "swamp raider" outfit and whatnot...

Also, hats! It would be -nifty- to he able to assign hats to out outfits too!
    Options
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have always wanted all melee weapons to scale of magic and stamina because I love stamblade and melee magblade. Axes instead of doing bleed damage when scaling with magic will do magic damage like cripple dot. I want concealed weapon rework to give hot on hitting someone like swallow soul and for magblade to receive a strong self heal from one of the malevolent offering morphs.
    Options
  • _Ahala_
    _Ahala_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frost dps... Frost is traditionally the third elemental destruction magic type in elder scrolls lore and yet the frost “destruction” staff passives and the warden winters embrace skill line are mostly dedicated to tanking because of some arbitrary reason. Apparently mages suddenly decided that it was better to tank with destruction magic rather than alteration magic during the dragonbreak in which eso is contained
    Options
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have always wanted all melee weapons to scale of magic and stamina...
    ...something which I would HATE with a passion.
    I mean, that would make all the buoilds more -similar- and I would want to see more -differences- because what fun would it be if everyone and their granny ran a clone of each other???

Also, it would make absolutely no sense.
    Melee weapons are the tools of -warriors-, who use -musclepower- to impart lethal inertia to a sharp or hefty piece of metal to propel it through their enemies armor to let out the red stuff...
    While -mages- are supposed to use -arcane power- to conjure up great balls of fire and bolts of lightning to fling into their enemies faces to burn and shock them into the afterlife...
    Totally different.

(And yeah, there could be hybrid characters... only... removal of softcaps makes those less then effective. Wish those were back...)
    _Ahala_ wrote: »
    Frost dps... Frost is traditionally the third elemental destruction magic type in elder scrolls lore and yet the frost “destruction” staff passives and the warden winters embrace skill line are mostly dedicated to tanking because of some arbitrary reason. Apparently mages suddenly decided that it was better to tank with destruction magic rather than alteration magic during the dragonbreak in which eso is contained
    Agreed.
    I wish frost was given back to DPS missions, and they added a thord staffy flavor for tanking. "Alteration Staff", perhaps? Could come in a nice blue-green mystic color... with a mix of shields, buffs, debuffs and taunt skills? Worth discussing!
    Options
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Naval warfare could be a lot of fun.
    Options
  • markulrich1966
    markulrich1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a small one.
    Very small.

Spawn of Mephala Shoulder stylepage.

It is one of the smallest and imho most stylish monster set shoulders.

https://imgur.com/hXj0rLG

Aternatively the option to hide the shoulders, I think they all are optically too large if you prefer a filigran outfit.
    Edited by markulrich1966 on July 1, 2019 1:10AM
    Options
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    An update to a suggestions post I made about 2 years ago. Just a few things I think would be cool to have.

Dawnguard DLC
    We are in the midst of the Second Era, during which the First Dawnguard was active. Dawnguard was probably my favorite Skyrim expansion, and I certainly would not mind having a motif designed after their armor, and maybe a new Dawnguard themed skill line. There even seems to be the Fort Dawnguard portion of the Rift map cut off from the rest of the game world, even on the World Map, so...

Ancient Nord Motif
    I've never been impressed with the Draugr motif. It's very flat, and basically just a decayed version of the vanilla Nord motif. It be awesome to see the Ancient Nord gear from Skyrim make a comeback. Western Skyrim DLC or Chapter anyone?

Spellcrafting
    Spellcrafting has been on the back burner since 2014. I had hoped it would be a way to add in Necromancy skills for everyone, but with the release of an actual Necromancer class, that itch is somewhat scratched. It would still be cool to see Spellcrafting find its way into the game to add even more variation (at least in terms of visuals) to skills. Would also be cool to see even more Necromancy skills added with Spellcrafting so that all classes would have some access to that type of magic. 2020 maybe?

Weapon Dyes/Recoloring
    I understand Zenimax (and many players as well) likely do not want to see everyone running around with bright pink weapons, but I think weapon dyes could work without going that far. A good balance would be to allow players to change the metal type on weapons to be recolored as other metals (this could be restricted to using those types that one is able to craft), and allow for full dyeing of the wood and leather/cloth portions of weapons. It would be really nice to have a regular steel colored sword at max level, as opposites to the mirror like red blades of Rubedite weapons or the gold of Maelstrom weapons.

Thanks Zenimax! So glad I don't have to swing around red crayons anymore.

Guild Banners, Mounts, and Costumes
    This has already been done for Alliances, and I think would make a great addition for guilds. Especially for Player Homes/Guild Halls.

This speaks for itself. A lot of the original motifs are pretty flat, and would really benefit from the sort of sculpting the newer equipment has.

I think I'd be equally happy getting Spears and Crossbows either as new weapon skill lines, or rolled into the existing Two Handed and Bow skill lines (with unique animations for the weapons themselves). It would be nice to have Spears in Elder Scrolls again, since they haven't been seen since the original Morrowind. Crossbows would fit in great with a Dawnguard DLC (see above).

This is something that I seem to recall was planned before the original beta even started, but was ditched. A couple years ago some Spellcrafting datamining revealed files possibly related to it being brought back from the dead. It would be great to see something like this as a Magicka equivalent to Dual Wielding. Imagine skills that weave together various elemental spells depending on the type of "rune" (or whatever they want to call it) and one handed weapon you have on with melee attacks. It would be great for those wanting to make Spellsword builds.

Title speaks for itself. Some display dummies, and stands like those in Skyrim's houses would be cool as hell.

Ayleid Ruins Home
    I'm sure with all the different and unique homes that have been added, this will happen at some point. Would still be nice to live in some Ayleid Ruins though, or make a Guild Hall out of some.

Something that's been on my mind ever since Coldharbour Surreal Estate was added, and I noticed some wall/fence furniture were added at the same time: ESO would really benefit from something akin to Fallout 4's settlement system. Imagine being able to purchase a plot of land, and then construct your own castle or even town! The assets are already there, just add snapping points, and boom! Even more customization for houses. Here's how I'd do it: Keep everything as it is now, where items can be placed anywhere and rotated in any direction, but add in building kits with walls, floors, roofs, etc. that can all snap together. Imagine the endless possibilities. And for the corporate higher ups, and investors, imagine the profits! People would pay a pretty penny for something like that, and it would add an amazing new level of play.

ALL OF MY YES to the dawnguard expansion.

I'm thinking with a dawnguard chapter we'd get the dawnguard skill line AND probably a new strand of vampirism/vampire lord option. It'd be a very neat story chapter and would be the first to allow for 2 alternate main zone story endings. Either you join up with the dawnguard and stop the vamps from doing stuff or you join the vampire lord/some new vampire faction and help them.

It'd provide vampire content/update along with hunter content/hunter skill line. 2 things people have been wanting in the game since launch.
    Options
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dawnguard DLC
    Well, we have a "Silver Dawn" motiv to strike fear in the heart of furries, so any not a "Dawnguard" motiv to do the same with bloodsucking fiends? ;)

A story DLC tho? I dunno... vampire stories are not -that- universally enjoyed I reckon... although, it -would- make a good place to add vampy stuff for the large minority who -DO- love to suck! ...Blood I mean.

Vampire stories are universally enjoyed, I have no clue what you're talking about tbh. People have been screaming for vampire content for a while now and dawnguard was a VERY successful skyrim expansion.

If they were to include a vampire story that allowed the player to pick 1 of 2 sides and get either a new hunter skill line or a new vampire skill line (either vamp lord or some new strand), do you not think that'd be a solid selling point? It basically advertises itself since in every chapter up to it we've yet to be able to choose a side or have something on that scale in terms of choices.
    Options
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Noxavian wrote: »
    Dawnguard DLC

Vampire stories are universally enjoyed, I have no clue what you're talking about tbh. People have been screaming for vampire content for a while now and dawnguard was a VERY successful skyrim expansion.

If they were to include a vampire story that allowed the player to pick 1 of 2 sides and get either a new hunter skill line or a new vampire skill line (either vamp lord or some new strand), do you not think that'd be a solid selling point? It basically advertises itself since in every chapter up to it we've yet to be able to choose a side or have something on that scale in terms of choices.
    Options
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dawnguard DLC

The thing is, the "vampire content" some people have been screaming for is along the lines of "give us vampires some content!" - and that might not sell so well with those less interested in playing as bloodsucking fiends... thus I can see why ZOS might prefer to go for DLCs that -everyone- can get into, and make the "vampire stories" only minor one-quest things here and there where our characters encounter NPC vampires, but hardly get very involved no matter if they are vampires themselves, or vampire hunters, or whatever...
    Agreed, and I really wish they would have made such choices part of DLCs from the start. I -hate- how for example the TG forces its membership on every visitor of Abahs landing, even my "lawful good" characters who just go there for the skyshards...

In any case, the most logical idea would be a three-way conflict between vampires, werewolves and hunters, yet doing that might net ZOS an letter from some lawyers... both "World of Darkness" RPG and "Underworld" movie franchises might object since these backgrounds already covered similar...

In any case, I would not want to see a -new- vamire skill line, I would much rather see them redo the old a bit. You know, add stuff like I suggested before...
    Vampires could make for a neat dungeon DLC... dwelving into a great vampire lair? That sounds like just the kind of thing spelunking adventurers would do, right?

And as for the vampy skills... well, they nor as much could use a complete revamp then some minor adjustments, additions and cliché stuff.

Like, why can't player vampires use the same skills like common bloodfiends? That shadowy teleport? Definitely should be added to their arsenal!

Like, why do Blade of woe and vampire feeding use the same mechanic and often select the wrong one? Why not combine them both into a "Bite of Woe" that counts for both feedings and assassinations?

Like, why does the vampire feeding just -stun- and not also damage? In days of blade of woe, it could at least suck away half their victims HP, right?

Like, why are lowly bloodfiends attacking their vampiric superiors? Should they not know their place and realize that this is not a meal, but another undead, and maybe all be "yellow" non-aggro towards player vamps?

Like, why do vampires swim like mortals? Should they not have some decent reason to avoid "running water"? Maybe a greatly reduced swimming speed, or maybe loosing magica at a steady, hefty rate while in water?

Like, why do vampires get food buffs? Should they not be incapable of those, yet get "recently fed" buffs instead? And possibly have the option of making "vampire" drink recipes with -actual blood- as part of the recipe that gives vampires only special buffs?

Like, why don't vampires have a way to store blood in alchemically treated vials for "later use" (to sip or to use in the aforementioned recipes)?

Like, why are vampires not illegal like necromancers are gonna be? Why not a "detection chance" per stage, say, 20% at 1, 40% at 2, 80% at 3 and auto at 4, with a "kill on sight" bounty if they find out you're a bloodsucking fiend... but also a "masquerade" skill to toggle that will lower your appearance and thus detection chance by one stage (meaning, zero chance and completely mortal looking when using that one at stage 1)

Like, why don't vampires have an "vampire sanctuary" where they can gather and sociualize with other vampy players, have vampire-themed gear vendors, and vampire-themed crafting stations, vampire-themed daily quests and pomme-se-sang NPCs to snack on... they -could- redo and expand the map for the initiation quest for that one, could they not?

As for a "hunter" skill line... well, Fighters Guild used to be like that, but the vampires whined about always getting FG-rekt in PvP so... it became less so. And I presume if there was an "gain advantage oover all vamps by skill line" thing, that whining would rise up again, something ZOS might like to avoid... and thus go for cosmetics only like a... dawnguard motiv.
    Options
  • Tyralbin
    Tyralbin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Guild housing and a guild trader.

Have a guild house with the ability to buy certain items from guild points.

The guild could earn points by doing guild events and such.

These points could then be used to buy guild house functions.

One of these functions could be a guild trader that would appear outside said guild house. A list of any of the guilds that have that house would appear on first menu. Just pick which guild you wish to use.

This would also be a good alternative to an AH.

Every guild would have the option to have a trader.

The trader could also still charge a weekly fee still so gold is still being removed from game.
    Live a little love a lot send all your gold to this Imperials pot.
    Options
  • SixVoltCar
    SixVoltCar
    ✭✭✭
    I just want to crown Rigurt the Brash emperor of Tamriel and be done with it.
    Options
  • Eva13
    Eva13
    ✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    And the performance cannot get fixed unless they keep making profit.
    So they need to keep selling us DLCs and Expansions, to have the funds to spend on perfrmance fixes as well.
    And if you expect them the fix the performance first... then you have little idea how the suits in charge of a company think. Because when a game like ESO looks like it isn't profitable anymore... they pull the plug and sell off the assets.
    So... if you want them to get to fixing stuff, you need to show them how much more untapped profit there could be if stuff were fixed! Show them you are willing to spend moeny on their stuff, and then casusally mention how much more you would be willing to spend if only... you get the idea, right? ;)

[/quote]

I have all the DLCs bought and had a subscription on top of that until recently not to mention crown store purchases but I haven't seen any real performance issue fixes. So now they should fix that first to get any of my money again. :D
    Options
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    A vampire hunter skill line could be designed like psijic one, providing dps, healing, tanking and qol utilities. It could revolve around restoration magic, wich has already in lore both offensive and healing/defensive/buffing capabilities.
    Options
  • StormChaser3000
    StormChaser3000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »

I love underwater content but that ship sailed a long time ago for ESO. Underwater content has been ruled out by the devs in the same regard as cloaks. Never going to happen.

@OP: I’d love to get Spellcrafting eventually and a Vampire DLC that reworks Vampire as the Moonhunter DLC did for Werewolf. And we are in dire need of another Magicka weapon so +1 for One Hand / Rune skill line.

@Seraphayel
    Just like they "ruled out" dragons?
    Not necessary. As long as our characters can move around in 3d world by all axes, I think it's possible. Correct me if I'm wrong, but all they need to do in terms of mechanics is to adjust animations and speed under the water. If enough people request this I bet they will start thinking since customers' desires = money.

It will be more problematic from the terraforming point of view tho, since most of the current lakes have a knee depth and that's a lot of work to fix those.
    Options
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh I also forgot to add I want the ability to morph racial passives or pick them I would actually pay for this to. I already pay for eso plus and I love playing as Breton for stam and mag.
    Options
  • Shewolf075
    Shewolf075
    ✭✭✭
    Nice ideas you have posted there. Ancient Nord Motif, improvement of vanilla armor and weapon models, I love the primal style and barbaric ones but they are so flat. Guild banners too would be awesome, much like having a banner on your back as we see on some NPC's in DSA and Imperial City. Spell Crafting again would be nice to have freedom of using any spell and weapon combo like in previous TES titles.
    Options
  • DerethDawnblade
    DerethDawnblade
    ✭✭✭
    max_only wrote: »
    I want them to add something that they’ve explained over and over they can’t do because of fundamental engine limitations.

I'm not quite sure I catch what you're referring to.
    Options
  • Varaug_Gaming
    Varaug_Gaming
    ✭✭✭
    Player: has a Vampire Character

Buys Dawnguard DLC and gets the Dawnguard Skill Line

Dawnguard: aM i A jOkE To yOu
    Options
  • chess1ukb16_ESO
    chess1ukb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    There should be a hard change freeze on new content until service performance and overall stability has been addressed.
    Ireniicus
    GM - Tamriel Traders Guild (TTG); Divine Deals; Allmart & The Alchemist Emporium
    Options
  • VerboseQuips
    VerboseQuips
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dawnguard DLC

I'd definitely love to have an "abomination hunter" faction, with a skill line. Currently, players can choose to either have a bonus skill line (werewolf or vampire), or to have none. With such a faction, every player would have a bonus skill-line, and only one, among the three. (For gameplay reasons, it should be possible to switch from one to another using shrines or something, to accomodate as new builds are introduced.)

Each faction would have its storyline. (Currently, a character like Lamae Beolfag is horrendously underused. ) Maybe all three would have some common enemy. In another thread, a long time ago, I suggested a possible comon enemy which, I think, would fit into the lore and kind of in the continuity of the Molag Bal plot, but I won't reiterate it here, as I prefer to focus on mechanics.

As for the faction, there's the Dawnguard and the Silver Dawn as possible options. I think Stendarr's Vigilantes were created after the Oblivion Crisis, but Stendarr's Crusaders could probably also work as a faction against vampires and werewolves (and anything Daedric).

Abomination hunters could also lead to the possibility of asymetric PvP. Like battlegrounds, but with a larger team of hunters and a smaller team (or a single player) who is hunted. Maybe the hunted could have a different victory condition (escaping the hunt, surviving for a certain amount of time), or could have access to a Hircine's blessing, which makes him much more powerful and reverses the tide of the hunt.

Finally, other werecreatures could be introduced. One could become a werebear for tanking, or a wereboar for magicka, for example.
    Spellcrafting

Spellcrafting is one of the two thing I desire most in the game. I am still frustrated that Skyrim ended up without it. I really hope it's added eventually, though I do understand it'd be difficult to balance. And I hope it'll be introduced in a way that fosters build creativity and versatility.

It'd also be an opportunity to add nice craftable furnishings, like Atronach dummies, floating lights or meteorologic/atmospheric effects.

Yes to all that, please! Polearms are a must, crossbows would be great. I'd love to have a rune or talisman as a magicka-based equivalent to the shield, and one-handed scepters. A sling would be great, too, as one-handed ranged weapon. This would indeed allow for new magic builds (scepter+scepter, scepter+rune) and for all-new hybrid builds (scepter+blade, scepter+shield, blade+rune). One can also think of a cestus or a claw-like weapon for unarmed fight.

This would be so great!
    Maybe through a tenth trait like "ostentatious"? Although I would most probably hate to have to put skill points back in the accelerating passives.
    Ayleid Ruins Home

About the player houses, Ayleid is the last "classic type" of dungeon we haven't had yet.

There are still some types of houses I'd like to see eventually. Here's a list. :smile:
    • A Daedric ruin
    • A Dwemer ruin on Vvardenfell
    • An Ancestor tomb
    • A Velothi fortress
    • A Velothi tower
    • A military fort
    • A Coldharbour pyramid
    • A Barsaebic chamber with access to the Nexus
    • A Breton tomb/crypt/cemetery
    • A Nedic tower
    • A vampire den
    • A sewer section
    • A mine
    • A Kwama mine/hive
    • Various types of caves: lava, ice, sand, overgrown
    • An Orcish longhouse
    • A Reachman house
    • A Bosmeri manor inside two or three connected hollow trees (like the ones in Cormount)
    • An Ashlander campsite with a large yurt
    • A coral spire
    • A windmill
    • A farmstead
    • A mage tower
    • A study inside the Ceporah Tower
    • A house on Eyeveya
    • A house on Betnikh
    • A house on Bleakrock
    • Houses in the Deadlands, the Fields of Regrets, Evergloam, the Spiral Skein, the Colored Rooms, the Five Fingers Dance and Maelstrom
    • A House inside a Sload mind-realm. So that we can, like Sotha-Sil with His Mnemonic Planisphere, memorize stuff by localizing it.
    • A clearing inside a Hist-Dream

Besides that, I would really like that Imperial furnishing plans be added to the game. And I'd also love to be able to grow plants in a house, either for food or alchemy. Bards as a service for houses would also be glorious.
    One could also think of a "clone" furnishing, whose appearance is one of our characters', and who can be "programmed" to do provide some services to our visitors, like offering or selling drinks.

Well, to your list, I'd add the following

A sequel to the base-game group dungeons
    This is, alongside spellcrafting and spears, the thing I desire most for the future. I would love to get back to Volenfell or Selene's Web or the Vaults of Madness. Many of the vanilla dungeons end on a cliffhanger or on the suggestion that more is to come. I really hope all the base-game dungeons end up having a I and a II version. Furthermore, all of those dungeons could become the source of a crafting motif.

Consumable skills
    There could come in two forms : scrolls (their creation could be fall under the larger umbrela of a spellcrafting skill) and grenades, which would be created using the Alchemy skill, and would create some positive or negative effect inside an area.

Stealth-based Alliance War faction and skill line
    We could join the Ring of Daggers, the Hidden Armigers or the Eyes of the Queen, and do infiltration missions which might affect the Alliance War campaign by contributing to a global bonus. This could also add a third, stealth-based skill line in the Alliance War section.

A four-faction Alliance War campaign
    One of the campaigns could open up to another player: the Fallen Empire.

Bal Molagmer
    This faction of thieves could be added to Vvardenfell, with a quest and then daily theft tasks, which could award a chapter of a new crafting style.

New class and new race
    I'd love to have an artificer class. It'd be specialized in explosive damage, animunculi companions and terrain modification. It could have some kind of "strategic support" role by applying buffs or debuffs in some areas, or planting traps. Also, I feel this class would fill a gap: we can currently summon Daedra thanks to the Sorcerers, natural creatures thanks to the Warden, and Undead thanks to the Necromancer: only the mechanical automatons are still missing.
    The Maormer could also be a new playable race. Again, they would fill a gap: we have a frost-resisting race with the Nords, a fire-resisting one with the Dunmer, the Maormer could resist to the last elemental damage: lightning.

New motifs
    You mention Ancient Nords, to which I'd love to add ancient Velothi and Chimer, and ancient Khajiiti. We could also have distinct motifs for Crowns and Forebears, for Colovians, Niboneses and Rim Men, for Houses Dres, Indoril and Dagoth (and possibly even for the defunct House Sotha?). The Maormer motif and the Refabricated one still await their release.
    We could also have motifs for Ayleids, Barasebic Ayleids, Nedes, Reachmen, Goblins, Riekrs and Nereids. Some Daedra don't have their motif yet: the Xivilai, Aureals, Mazkens, Skaafins, Spiderkiths and Hernes. The aforementioned Ring of Daggers, Hidden Armigers and Eyes of the Queen could also have a style. The Dragonguard would also be an interesting faction qualifying for a motif. Also, base-game factions like the Mages Guild and Warriors Guild could recieve a motif, too.
    We already have an Akatosh-based motif, but seven other divines await their own.
    Finally, we already had some material-based styles with glass, stalhrim and ebony. To this, one could add gold, silver, mithril, adamantium, orichalcum, troll bones, chitin, coral, meteoric glass and meteoric iron.

Some additions to the bestiary
    Bonelords could be added to Vvardenfell's ancestor tombs, and Clockwork Dreughs, which are mentioned in Vivec's lessons, could be added to the Clockwork City. Lava trolls, which are mentioned in lore, could also be added in Vvardenfell.

New mounts and pets
    It becomes increasingly difficult to figure out what new types of mounts could still be "missing" from the game: we already have fire and storm Atronachs, zombie, skeletal and ghostly mounts, light-based and shadow-based ones, Daedra and Dro-m'Athra, lizards and insects, animunculi and fabricants, and the next crate season even introduces sand-based ones.
    There still remains some types of Atronachs that haven't yet been turned into mounts: frost, flesh, air, iron and stone. There are still some undead types we haven't seen in mounts: frozen undead, mummies, mournful aegis, hemonculous and bloodthorn zombie. And we could still have Celestial mounts. Also, maybe there exist ridable Yagrahs?
    Besides that, I'd love to see echateres and welwas as mounts, as well as a durzog and a draugulf. Bristlebacks cold be great too. And then of course, there's the fabled unicorn. :smile:
    A draugulf could also qualify as an interesting pet. Other pets I'd love would include squirrels, foxes, mudhoppers, wormmouths, gravelclaws, monkeys, wafts and will-o-the-whisps, flying books and rabbits (including a luminous golden Darkwater rabbit).

New cosmetic options
    I'd love to be able to customize my characters' body hair. Also, an ashreed hat would be a nice addition to the choices of costumes.

My characters:
    Main and crafter: A Breton magicka templar named Erwann Sorril
    Alt 1: A Bosmer sorcerer named Tuuneleg
    Alt 2: An Imperial dragonknight named Gaius Tullius Hastifer
    Alt 3: An Argonian vampire/nightblade named Observe-le-Xanmeer
    Alt 4: A Nord werewolf/dragonknight named Sigurd Hurlevent
    Alt 5: A Breton sorcerer named Gilian Sorril (he's Erwann's younger brother)
    Alt 6: A Khajiit nightblade named Jolan-dar
    Alt 7: A Nord warden named Sigurmar Hurlevent (he's Sigurd's younger brother)
    Alt 8: An Altmer templar named Oioriel
    Alt 9: An Argonian stamina Warden named Danse-avec-les-Rainettes
    Alt 10: A Redguard templar named Neemokh af-Corelanya
    Alt 11: A Nord stamina sorcerer named Olga Écoute-Vent
    Alt 12: A Breton magicka Warden named Ian Sorril
    Alt 13: A Dunmer magicka necromancer named Ilmoran Dren
    Alt 14: An Orc stamina necromancer named Norgol gro-Borziel
    Alt 15: A Nord magicka necromancer named Thorgen Givresang
    Alt 16: An Imperial magicka dragonknight named Publius Valeirus Hastifer (Just call him "Valerio" - he's Gaius younger troublemaker of a brother)
    Main in NA (For collaborative events): A Breton magicka nightblade named Titouan Sorril (long-lost brother of Erwann and Gilian)
    Options
  • damdamjel
    damdamjel
    ✭✭✭
    I just wish for an entire engine overhaul this Christmas, Best present ever!
    Options