Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Lakemire Xanmeer Manor - things you may want to know.

bayushi2005
bayushi2005
✭✭✭✭✭
Dear Devs,

This house is one of the WORST houses in the whole game because of:

1. Size of the exterior - the backyard is way too big, split into sections and consists mostly of water. While one big body of water would be quite cool - this is just annoying.
2. Rubble - unremovable, everywhere, blocking easy access and possibility of using the space to its (HALF) potential.
3. Roots - inside and outside - as above.
4. Stone pillars - way too many, reducing already very limited interior space.
5. Corridors/staircases - something this house consists of apparently.
6. Cottonwool fountains. They are awful.
7. Underdeveloped wall in pinnacle room, which bends space-time fabric and appears to be and not to be there (gimme da skull, problem solved) at the same time. This is really painful to look at.

See screenshots (my char for reference, in first two pictures standing at the same spot).

Front :
if8kvkgs274y.png

Side:
ymo4tpt5l37n.png

From the corridor:
7ld8z25b302x.png

If you look carefully you will notice that the crystal which doesn't even touch the texture from one side, goes through another texture on the other side.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

This is OBNOXIOUS. All that for 15k crowns. Please fix!
Edited by bayushi2005 on January 8, 2020 10:31PM
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So, you bought a home you didn't like the design of, and now want it changed? No amount of bumping is going to get that to happen.

In the future, if you don't love the design of a home, don't buy it.
  • bayushi2005
    bayushi2005
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, I want that !@# wall fixed, though there are other issues which can be avoided in the future, thus appeared in this post. I really well understand that there is tiny, if at all any, chance that the original design will be changed, but the cottonwool fountains and a broken wall can be done properly for 15k crowns.
    Please read the whole post with understanding before placing a comment.

Edited by bayushi2005 on June 20, 2019 9:01PM
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So, you bought a home you didn't like the design of, and now want it changed? No amount of bumping is going to get that to happen.

Without visiting a friend with the same house, how are hey going to know what's moveable and static? You can't edit during preview.

When removing all the items in unfurnished grotto, some rocks got put away and others were static. Some huge ones got removed, and smaller ones stayed.

It's inconsistent, and the item limits for huge houses make it worse. Even scouring YouTube I couldn't find the answers I sought.

Some of your complaints could've been avoided with research, but some aren't apparent until placing your own objects after purchase.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Without visiting a friend with the same house, how are hey going to know what's moveable and static? You can't edit during preview.

When removing all the items in unfurnished grotto, some rocks got put away and others were static. Some huge ones got removed, and smaller ones stayed.

It's inconsistent, and the item limits for huge houses make it worse. Even scouring YouTube I couldn't find the answers I sought.

Some of your complaints could've been avoided with research, but some aren't apparent until placing your own objects after purchase.

There’s an idea, ZoS should allow us when previewing a house, we should be allowed to interact with the things inside as a test thing, not all of their customers are PC-based with PTS access. I did find them selling the arena house without being able to use the switches in preview mode a bit odd and a potentially sale limiting feature... I mean while there were videos of the features in action from pts before it went on sale, there are players that don’t look this information up, there are players who like to see things in person before purchase, etc.

Could just use the normal editor mode as it is just move the buy options to a second tab like the furnishings tabs we have in already owned houses...

S.A.96
  • bayushi2005
    bayushi2005
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There’s an idea, ZoS should allow us when previewing a house, we should be allowed to interact with the things inside as a test thing, not all of their customers are PC-based with PTS access. I did find them selling the arena house without being able to use the switches in preview mode a bit odd and a potentially sale limiting feature... I mean while there were videos of the features in action from pts before it went on sale, there are players that don’t look this information up, there are players who like to see things in person before purchase, etc.

Could just use the normal editor mode as it is just move the buy options to a second tab like the furnishings tabs we have in already owned houses...

S.A.96
    I agree with what you've put there.

What I found really annoying in this house is the amount of unremovable roots and rubble. Yes, it was tough to predict that. I was sure that, similarly to Pariah's Pinnacle they will be regular furnishings. I was wrong.

But at the moment, that broken wall is absolutely painful to look at. Cottonwool fountains are one of the worst I've seen in game.

As my cover has been blown already: I did not state what is to fix to make ZOS actually think about the whole design (ZOS added some air bubbles to the aquarium with Elsweyr) and maybe fix more than I wished for.

But here we are...
    Edited by bayushi2005 on June 20, 2019 10:09PM
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nearly all of your complaints are matters of your personal taste and all of these things were apparent before you bought it.

Your personal taste isn't shared by everyone. The things you want removed others might want to keep. In fact they might be legally entitled to a refund in the event that ZO decided to change them.

Not that I'm totally unsympathetic. I'd love the bosmer pods except for the built in pieces of dead animal everywhere. If those were removable furniture pieces they'd be so much better.

In Xanmeer things like rubble and roots should be optional IMO. Those are the sorts of things you could realistically clean up.

Stairs, corridors and pillars though? No.

uesp wiki

eg.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Hall_of_the_Lunar_Champion

I agree though. Removable elements should be obvious as such from the in-game preview.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It's not the overall design of the house the OP doesn't like, it's the bugs affecting it (some of which might not have been easy to see, prior to purchase) and the immovable detritus.

Maybe they shouldn't have also mentioned the other things, which are more a case of personal taste, here?

However, they still have a right to complain about the above.
    Edited by Tigerseye on June 21, 2019 3:37AM
  • bayushi2005
    bayushi2005
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only matter which can be connected to my personal taste is the backyard. Everything else is a practical thing. If I write that the wall is underdeveloped it means that Bob the Builder did not finish it and the textures have gone crazy. Go and take a look if you doubt how ugly it is.
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Well, a ton of people in 3 different guilds bought this day one, not like it's hard to visit.

Also, the majority of OP is about the *design* of the house, not one thing that isn't moveable. So please forgive me for seeing a bunch of whining.
    Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on June 21, 2019 1:55PM
  • bayushi2005
    bayushi2005
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, a ton of people in 3 different guilds bought this day one, not like it's hard to visit.

Also, the majority of OP is about the *design* of the house, not one thing that isn't moveable. So please forgive me for seeing a bunch of whining.

1. Just for your info, I don't know anyone else on EU who bought this house.
    2. I've already explained why I wrote about pillars and roots. I like the pillars, you apparently missed the part where I said the number of them limits the, already small, indoor space. This was to make ZOS aware of the issue and help them avoid it in the future houses.
    3. I would love to see rubble and roots as furnishings. You like them, keep them, you don't, remove them. Was possible with Pariah's Pinnacle.
    4. I've never assumed that the general design would be changed.
    5. There is a difference between badly done texture job and hating the design. This is applicable to "cottonwool" fountains, where water looks like flattened cottonwool being pulled down and the broken wall in pinnacle room. One more time: its a matter of execution, not design and I believe, I have a full right to ask ZOS for them to be fixed.
    6. My primary goal is to get the badly done wall in pinnacle room textured properly, it looks absolutely horrible and majority of my post focuses on that wall. If you bothered to comment, why don't you bother to take a closer look at the abovementioned wall and see for yourself. It's not the easiest thing to spot as the house is dark, but once you notice it, you can't unsee it...

I suggest that everybody goes and actually examins the thing until they notice what is so wrong with this particular wall.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I'm saying the game should allow people to see what's editable and what's not. I looked at the suggested link, and here's my primary house: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Colossal_Aldmeri_Grotto Not exactly as easy as seeing white lines around the things you can move.
    @thatlaurachick An editable item view is so much easier than getting someone in your guild to give you permission to move their things around. I wouldn't give those permissions to a person I didn't know well from my guilds. It's not as convenient for everybody as you assume it to be. Also new players without guild connections like yours are at a loss.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • bayushi2005
    bayushi2005
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the other hand, why should I care or bother ZOS about things, which are moveable? I could just remove these myself if I don't like them?
    If it comes to permissions, I was trying to get somebody to let me check boundaries of Grand Topal Hideaway, got noone helpful enough. And I can totally understand why.
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @thatlaurachick An editable item view is so much easier than getting someone in your guild to give you permission to move their things around. I wouldn't give those permissions to a person I didn't know well from my guilds. It's not as convenient for everybody as you assume it to be. Also new players without guild connections like yours are at a loss.

Well, maybe OP should edit the post to say something so reasonable - instead of griping about 7 different things like
    1. Size of the exterior - the backyard is way too big, split into sections and consists mostly of water. While one big body of water would be quite cool - this is just annoying.
    2. Rubble - unremovable, everywhere, blocking easy access and possibility of using the space to its (HALF) potential.
    3. Roots - inside and outside - as above.
    4. Stone pillars - way too many, reducing already very limited interior space.
    5. Corridors/staircases - something this house consists of apparently.
    6. Cottonwool fountains. They are awful.
    7. Underdeveloped wall in pinnacle room, which bends space-time fabric and appears to be and not to be there (gimme da skull, problem solved) at the same time. This is really painful to look at.

1 - This is a DESIGN element, ZOS is not going to "fix"
    2 - Um, it's an *ancient* structure.. or did you not play Murkmire?
    3 - All of Murkmire is like this, DESIGN element
    4 - See #3
    5 - See #3. Did you not play Murkmire at all? Why would you expect a Xanmeer house to be any different than all the other Xanmeer's?
    6 - Um, and? You could see this in preview.
    7 - If this is the one thing you want fixed you put it LAST, instead of the ONLY thing you talked about.

And given that ZOS never "fixed" un-moveable, horribly placed walkway in Dawnlight palace, let me give you the chance of ZOS fixing this: 0%.

So, gripe away, but don't annoy the devs.
    Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on June 21, 2019 4:55PM
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    On the other hand, why should I care or bother ZOS about things, which are moveable? I could just remove these myself if I don't like them?
    If it comes to permissions, I was trying to get somebody to let me check boundaries of Grand Topal Hideaway, got noone helpful enough. And I can totally understand why.

The boundaries of Grand Topal are really high. You're welcome to visit mine if you like. Disclaimer: it's WIP right now
  • bayushi2005
    bayushi2005
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about making them aware of the problem? I have full right to state what I do or don't like. As anyone else does. What annoys you does not have to annoy them. I think I've brought some valid points the devs may agree to...or not. Up to them. Simple as that. Don't think the devs are so vulnerable that you need to protect them from me or what I write. Devs have their own means ;)
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    How about making them aware of the problem? I have full right to state what I do or don't like. As anyone else does. What annoys you does not have to annoy them. I think I've brought some valid points the devs may agree to...or not. Up to them. Simple as that. Don't think the devs are so vulnerable that you need to protect them from me or what I write. Devs have their own means ;)

Hey dude? If you haven't been around long, we are trying to get the devs to care about housing more. Pinging Gina constantly isn't going to get you brownie points. That's all I was saying.

Sure, do whatever you like, but pinging them every few days (3 days? rreally?) isn't helping your cause.
    Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on June 21, 2019 5:18PM
  • bayushi2005
    bayushi2005
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey dude? If you haven't been around long, we are trying to get the devs to care about housing more. Pinging Gina constantly isn't going to get you brownie points. That's all I was saying.

Sure, do whatever you like, but pinging them every few days (3 days? rreally?) isn't helping your cause.

I am definitely not a dude.

I understand that you have a different mind on the whole thing. It's really touching how you care of the devs, who don't really give a !@# about communicating with housing community.

On the other hand, I have to thank you for making so much fuss about this fairly minor issue.

We've got quite a few interesting conclusions here:

- It would be good to give players access to a proper preview on "live" prior to purchase. Not everybody goes to PTS, not everybody plays on PC. Not everybody has time/means to bother others to let them preview the house.

- It would be nice to turn at least some of big, unremovable structural pieces (I guess the ones which can be seen as the most intrusive) into furniture. I will go back to Pariah's Pinnacle and Halls of the Lunar Champion (both ruins, ancient!) - this apparently can be done without breaking the general design.

- Badly done textures are not something any homeowner wants to see after spending any number of crowns on a particular abode. Imho, it happens way too often considering how pricy the houses are, and the more you own, the more "treasures" like this you have to face. I have an impression that the "older" the house, the better it's made. I may be wrong here, though.

- I would love to see ZOS putting more consideration into their future housing designs. I perfectly realise that it is impossible to satisfy everybody, but some adjustments can be done! On the other hand, we keep repeating this for last few months, pretty much every day. I am yet to see any result.

I bet @Imperial_Voice would agree on that last point. Unless got banned already.
    Edited by bayushi2005 on June 21, 2019 10:10PM
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Broken wall and bad fountains need to be fixed, that's non-negotiable. I'd planned on buying this next time it's released, but will not unless the broken things are taken care of.

Rubble should always be removable, as it is in the Lunar Hall. It's absurd that it wouldn't be. Who purchases a house and then leaves it in a state of disrepair?! Bad enough that we can't pay gold to upgrade homes with broken features built in, like the nasty loose boards at Sleek Creek and other places, or the broken masonry in the Psijic Villa. That would've been a hell of a gold sink, too. I don't see why it would be so hard to do, either, since we have entire overland areas that change with quest completion for individual players.
  • Imperial_Voice
    Imperial_Voice
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am definitely not a dude.

I understand that you have a different mind on the whole thing. It's really touching how you care of the devs, who don't really give a !@# about communicating with housing community.

On the other hand, I have to thank you for making so much fuss about this fairly minor issue.

We've got quite a few interesting conclusions here:

- It would be good to give players access to a proper preview on "live" prior to purchase. Not everybody goes to PTS, not everybody plays on PC. Not everybody has time/means to bother others to let them preview the house.

- It would be nice to turn at least some of big, unremovable structural pieces (I guess the ones which can be seen as the most intrusive) into furniture. I will go back to Pariah's Pinnacle and Halls of the Lunar Champion (both ruins, ancient!) - this apparently can be done without breaking the general design.

- Badly done textures are not something any homeowner wants to see after spending any number of crowns on a particular abode. Imho, it happens way too often considering how pricy the houses are, and the more you own, the more "treasures" like this you have to face. I have an impression that the "older" the house, the better it's made. I may be wrong here, though.

- I would love to see ZOS putting more consideration into their future housing designs. I perfectly realise that it is impossible to satisfy everybody, but some adjustments can be done! On the other hand, we keep repeating this for last few months, pretty much every day. I am yet to see any result.

I bet @Imperial_Voice would agree on that last point. Unless got banned already.

Only three times thus far but youre right, i agree.
  • bayushi2005
    bayushi2005
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minyassa wrote: »
    Broken wall and bad fountains need to be fixed, that's non-negotiable. I'd planned on buying this next time it's released, but will not unless the broken things are taken care of.

Rubble should always be removable, as it is in the Lunar Hall. It's absurd that it wouldn't be. Who purchases a house and then leaves it in a state of disrepair?! Bad enough that we can't pay gold to upgrade homes with broken features built in, like the nasty loose boards at Sleek Creek and other places, or the broken masonry in the Psijic Villa. That would've been a hell of a gold sink, too. I don't see why it would be so hard to do, either, since we have entire overland areas that change with quest completion for individual players.
    Sometimes I think that the only talk ZOS understands is the one we do with our wallets. It will be difficult for me to resist some purchases, but I really feel that I ought to. No more buying underdeveloped products. Be it with gold or crowns. I have enough houses to get me through another year of building.

Edited by bayushi2005 on June 22, 2019 3:35PM
  • SirMewser
    SirMewser
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So, they shouldn't fix it?
    Usually damaged goods are returned for good customer service.

Your view is like saying "oh, well the textures broke, that's on you."

Pfft
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

So you're saying that no one should ever buy a house until they have viewed someone else's house, that they have already bought?

I sense a flaw in your plan, somewhere there, Laura...
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

And given that ZOS never "fixed" un-moveable, horribly placed walkway in Dawnlight palace, let me give you the chance of ZOS fixing this: 0%.

What "horribly placed" walkway?

• sueblue
    sueblue
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have recently started scoping out houses on the PTS for this exact reason. They are only 1 crown and you can check out all the flaws/niches/invisible walls before dropping hundreds or IRL money on them.

I know it's a pain to download the PTS but IMHO it's worth it.
    Awake/Asleep, I dream.
  • bayushi2005
    bayushi2005
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sueblue wrote: »
    I have recently started scoping out houses on the PTS for this exact reason. They are only 1 crown and you can check out all the flaws/niches/invisible walls before dropping hundreds or IRL money on them.

I know it's a pain to download the PTS but IMHO it's worth it.

Yes, still, not everything is easy to spot or notice prior to purchase. And I absolutely love the aquarium in this house, which was my main reason for getting it in the first place. Though, I find it quite surprising that ZOS decided to add bubbles of air to the aquarium instead of fixing the house's flaws.
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just give us a third preview option. 1. Normal. 2. Furnished. 3. Empty.

3 simply blows up everything blow-uppable from each house
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • bayushi2005
    bayushi2005
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yodased wrote: »
    Just give us a third preview option. 1. Normal. 2. Furnished. 3. Empty.

3 simply blows up everything blow-uppable from each house

This is a good option and easy to execute for ZOS. I still believe that more things should be prone to demolition, anyway. Especially in this particular house.
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey everyone,

Just an update here: While we don't have any plans on changing the layout of the house itself, we do have a fix planned in a future update for the wall issue.
    Staff Post
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A zos comment that isn't moderation and relevant to the topic posted? @Zos_sarahhecker you must be new here
    Edited by yodased on June 24, 2019 8:28PM
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.