The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Goliath Bash is Silly

• Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elwendryll wrote: »
    UglyWindingEidolonhelvum-size_restricted.gif

Lol!
  • nekura
    nekura
    ✭✭✭
    I got hit for 7k through Buffer of the Swift, Capped resists, Spirit Guardian (10%) and 60% crit resist. You know this is getting changed at some point.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rikumaru wrote: »
    Davadin wrote: »
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Qbiken wrote: »
    Still waiting to see what an experienced player or group of players accomplishes with the Goliath open world. I had a taste 1v1 on PTS and I’m not looking forward to it again.

https://youtu.be/7XI3tWTJd28

First half of the video pretty much shows what and experienced group can do with the Goliath bash ultimate.

That’s pretty insane. Although to be fair they had Volendrung for a bunch of the clips and those players probably woulda crumbled anyhow. But yeah that AoE bash. Given the fact that you have access to all your skills I’m not sure why the bash needs to be an AoE.

that's amazing and all, but there's so many biased situational things going on there... they're in a ball zerg. teammate probably buffed him up both in defense and offense, not to mention debuffing them (and yes Volen debuff as well).

So it's without bash, those players gonna melt anyway. There's nothing new there.

I don't think it needs a nerf. I fought it twice 1v1 last night and my medium build was tanking it fine with less than 25k resist (unbuffed)

Dunno what people you were fighting but on PTS I was melting 30k resist players while on a tanky setup with a bash build. It's deffo OP.

I got melted too had i stay within range....

...so I kept my distance for a few seconds.

But yes, the damage is CRAZY if u got caught in it, or it's running with a zerg.
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Hexquisite
    Hexquisite
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know this is problem when every discord I am in, small scale, mid scale, and large group talks about this build and how it will be nerfed soon. When the even the people I know who run cheese builds wont even run this. People are reporting getting hit through walls with it as well.

My problem with it is that when trying to take an objective like a flag or a keep it is either too hard to see, or I have some kind of de sync. One second I am alive the next second I am dead. I have 33K - 38 K resists, High Crit resist, and am the healer and usually have barrier up as well to mitigate damage. I have high stam, and have been able to block some damage if I catch it right away, but as I said when taking objectives and there are 20 enemies around it is harder to see. And last night we appeared to be hit around a corner where we should've had LOS advantage.

If you just small scale and run around towers/rocks this is easier to avoid, because you just keep your distance from THAT Necro, but when playing the map and trying to take keeps, it becomes harder.

Edited by Hexquisite on June 6, 2019 8:11PM
    PC NA
    ~Ethereal Traders Union~
    ~Spicy Economics~
    ~Tropic Thunder~
    ~Us Ghosts~

• Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love fighting this build because I know my target is just hitting bash instead of blocking or healing or doing things like dodge cancel heals.

I like to reposition, snare, catch them from behind, jabs enough to hit 70% snare, then reposition again. When I think I can get a kill, Ill cc and drop more pressure. By the time they exit ult, they are at 40% health and im ready for big boy burst.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Worst part about these bashes is when it’s combined with lag. Half the time I don’t even see my health move, just from 100-0 and dead.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t know if anyone mentioned it yet but there is a bug with bash that can speed up the amount of bashes per second. This *** is beyond silly in Cyrodiil when performance is so hit or miss sometimes I don’t even see the animation for bash because it causes so much desync.
  • Mrsinister2
    Mrsinister2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any news on this at all?

This is almost as annoying as that rune cage patch except with even less counter play. I don't say this often but I hope this entire ability is reworked or nerfed completly into the ground
  • erlewine
    erlewine
    ✭✭✭
    Elwendryll wrote: »
    UglyWindingEidolonhelvum-size_restricted.gif

wow i was eating and this picture made me start laughing so hard that i started choking and nearly died, thanks :blush:
    eisley the worst
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    best part is that skill is teaching you all a lesson in mitigation. And that you all don't have any lol.

In all fairness im called and it hit me 5 times in a row for 5.5k. If it's there bash stack animation you can fo 2 per second. That's a broken amount of aoe considering you're blocking too.

Not really sure how it works though.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EtTuBrutus wrote: »
    best part is that skill is teaching you all a lesson in mitigation. And that you all don't have any lol.

In all fairness im called and it hit me 5 times in a row for 5.5k. If it's there bash stack animation you can fo 2 per second. That's a broken amount of aoe considering you're blocking too.

Not really sure how it works though.

I've been hit by buggy cc and then taken 6 bashes lol. I usually just snare and wait out the bash. Sometimes I cc and dps just to get some DMG to make them decide to continue to bash or go back to their zerglings.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OMG I leveled up 1h and shield just to 28 to get the bash passive, specced 30 some CP into bash and went and tried it out. Nothing too extreme other than that building for bash. Ran ravager and spriggans and bloodspawn. Smacked people for 5 K on average. 1 I had meant to use before but wound up rezing at a camp that had incoming then just set it off, and their all screaming and yelling, trying to run away and here I am getting 5 KBs right there and 15 kills just right off of a rez. lol

You cant seriously try this and think its going to last.
  • shezof
    shezof
    ✭✭✭
    unknown.png

just giving more examples if people even needed it
  • Irylia
    Irylia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rikumaru wrote: »
    Just an FYI, max stamina doesn't increase the damage of bash. For me, I would just go necrotic potency + blastbones + armor buff + spirit mender + skeleton archer + bloodspawn for all the ulti gen it brings. Infused bash glyphs and whatever type of build you want ontop of that. Just survive until ulti and 1 shot them when you enter ulti.

But they do help healing unlike healthy traits. And he was having issues with dmg and survivability
  • Irylia
    Irylia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love fighting this build because I know my target is just hitting bash instead of blocking or healing or doing things like dodge cancel heals.

I like to reposition, snare, catch them from behind, jabs enough to hit 70% snare, then reposition again. When I think I can get a kill, Ill cc and drop more pressure. By the time they exit ult, they are at 40% health and im ready for big boy burst.

I think people just lack the ability to mitigate/kite and not walk into it like a sheep.
    It does good damage for sure but we even sheathe weapon stack around the goliaths and laugh as they bash fail to kill us after we killed their entire group.
    Pop one defensive ult and spin in circles/bag.

Too many people in this game don’t keep their buffs up resulting in resistance buff being down and potential healing/minor protection being down.

It’s crazy how many just walk straight into it and those same people bow light attack weave a poison injection or draining shot over and over. No wonder they think it’s op
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Irylia wrote: »

I think people just lack the ability to mitigate/kite and not walk into it like a sheep.
    It does good damage for sure but we even sheathe weapon stack around the goliaths and laugh as they bash fail to kill us after we killed their entire group.

Too many people in this game don’t keep their buffs up resulting in resistance buff being down and potential healing/minor protection being down.

It’s crazy how many just walk straight into it and those same people bow light attack weave a poison injection or draining shot over and over. No wonder they think it’s op

I actually very much enjoy goliath bash and what it's done for PVP. It should absolutely stay unchanged in regards to damage. I do have general concerns about goliath bash, but not really with it's damage. The ability for someone to stay on top of you for bash spam is way too easy - this morph should self-snare and outright remove gap closer capabilities whilst in ult.

Leave the damage, limit the efficiency.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    usmcjdking wrote: »

I actually very much enjoy goliath bash and what it's done for PVP. It should absolutely stay unchanged in regards to damage. I do have general concerns about goliath bash, but not really with it's damage. The ability for someone to stay on top of you for bash spam is way too easy - this morph should self-snare and outright remove gap closer capabilities whilst in ult.

I will say there is something to be said about fearing an ultimate. Even DBOS can be somewhat mitigated with evasion and purge. Im just not sure there aren't other issues as well here due to server lag. A lot of times, I don't even see the guy go into form nor any damage coming in. There seems to be some health desyncs and the old macro-slice happening a lot since Elswyr dropped.
  • Cortimi
    Cortimi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Donny_Vito wrote: »
    They better not touch it until I have a chance to use it (ps4), that looks insane.

Lol so you want to "cheese" for awhile??

As a StamDK, I am owed as much. I'll even bring my own w(h)ine.
    Xbox NA: Soviet Messiah
    EP: Cortimi - Imperial StamDK
    EP: Melga - Orc StamDen (Dah Bear)
    EP: Narileya - Nord StamPlar (Mad cuz Bad)
    EP: Corvaera - Bosmer Orc StamSorc (RIP)

PS4 NA (Retired at CP835): Soviet-Messiah:
    EP: Cortimi - Imperial StamDK
    DC: Melga gra-Antilae - StamDen
    AD: Corvaera - Bosmer StamSorc
    Urvoth wrote: »
    CP is a crutch for people who can’t sustain and want to be "tanky" so they aren’t immediately punished for making mistakes.
  • Illuvatarr
    Illuvatarr
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This just may be coincidence but never once noticed an animation with it. You get pulled or gap closed and then it’s a death recap with 3+ bashes on you.

• pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

So basically limit its efficiency to become another troll/niche ult or what else, another Xv1 tool instead of you know, maybe actually make it balanced promoting skilled gameplay?
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    pieratsos wrote: »

So basically limit its efficiency to become another troll/niche ult or what else, another Xv1 tool instead of you know, maybe actually make it balanced promoting skilled gameplay?

I'm not sure what I said is even relevant for Xv1. Xv1 is usually a very aggressive playstyle with players playing on their respective front foot, not their back. A goliath that cannot gap close and it indigenously snared isn't going to be Xv1ing anything any more than a permafrost Magden that's being draining shotted to oblivion will. I'm not seeing how the proposed addition to bashliath will have any impact for solo/small group outside of not being able to freely dive in and massacre groups of people.

I mean the ult isn't balanced because, much like a Corrosive DK in duels, you can't really get away from it. You just get gap closed, sprinted after and bash spammed by this undodgeable mess. I'd rather they remove the capability to chase or close down targets than the capability to freely demolish hordes of people who refuse to observe the ult as dangerous.
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    pieratsos wrote: »

I'm not sure what I said is even relevant for Xv1. Xv1 is usually a very aggressive playstyle with players playing on their respective front foot, not their back. A goliath that cannot gap close and it indigenously snared isn't going to be Xv1ing anything any more than a permafrost Magden that's being draining shotted to oblivion will. I'm not seeing how the proposed addition to bashliath will have any impact for solo/small group outside of not being able to freely dive in and massacre groups of people.

I mean the ult isn't balanced because, much like a Corrosive DK in duels, you can't really get away from it. You just get gap closed, sprinted after and bash spammed by this undodgeable mess. I'd rather they remove the capability to chase or close down targets than the capability to freely demolish hordes of people who refuse to observe the ult as dangerous.

Xv1 as in no real counter that promotes healthy/skillful gameplay aka probably making it another zergling tool that gives too much for basically doing nothing.

Your proposition just makes the only stupid "counter" it has which is basically just run/kite, easier to use. You are going about it completely wrong and you are making it a noob friendly xv1 ability for anyone with half a working brain to abuse with no effort and kill anyone who fights outnumbered just because it will be much harder for him to kite you or you are making it another niche/troll ult to use by luring in potato groups in tight spaces, transform and murder them by spamming bash. Dont get me wrong, i lol hard whenever i see someone murdering groups with pummeling bash but lets be real. Killing an entire group by spamming bash is just as potato gameplay as spamming snipe or old shield breaker from the back of the zerg.

You are just making it less efficient in terms of throwing quality of life out of the window. Thats not what needs to change. How the skill functions is what needs to change to make it balanced. Not just put another condition/restriction to excuse its dmg. The problem isnt the restrictions/conditions. The problem is the effect. Its simply doing too much dmg for very little input from the user.
    Edited by pieratsos on June 11, 2019 6:28PM
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All players must change to Necromancer.
    That's the will of the Super Holy Great Divine Creator ZOS.
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah Goliath bash ultimate is game changing but imo flesh atro is nearly as bad.
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait until they start pairing it with swarmothers.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    usmguy1234 wrote: »
    Wait until they start pairing it with swarmothers.

Why bother when the armor buff does the same thing?
  • eol
    eol
    ✭✭✭
    I don’t know if anyone mentioned it yet but there is a bug with bash that can speed up the amount of bashes per second. This *** is beyond silly in Cyrodiil when performance is so hit or miss sometimes I don’t even see the animation for bash because it causes so much desync.

There must be. A guy charged me with this skill, and I went from full health to dead before I could heal, and I am a magplar in heavy. It was insane. All the bashes seemed to hit me at once even though he was charging and I cast snare and knock-back and when he got to me I was dead. Mind you, I just came back to the game and hadn't even heard of this skill, so I have no axe to grind. I have never seen a single skill do something that extreme, and I have been playing on and off since beta.

It's stuff like this that reminds me of why I leave the game. How does something like that not get stopped before it goes live?