Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Goliath Bash is Silly

• SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    You know what’s not biased or situational? Playing in the highest mmr bgs and watching everyone get packed up by someone using the the bash in the exact same way. It’s broken. No debate. It’s significantly stronger than corrosive: more damage, more aoe, more defense, longer. Bash is one of the fastest attacks, if not the fastest. If you are riding the “it’s not broken” train, then good chance you are likely a bad player that currently feels good while crutching on it.
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lol at these people claiming “hacks.” Definitely have no idea how to play.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think I'll wait until next update before playing ESO again lol
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see so many comments; many of which come from their own personal perspective.

I see comments comparing it to DK
    I see comments thinking it's weak
    I see people saying the video has Vol involved and yet still read that people watch the video and attribute everything to the ult alone

I see everything but a well rounded unbiased perspective.

Unfortunately I I'll have to wait for myself
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Illuvatarr
    Illuvatarr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syhae wrote: »
    Many factors that changed this patch has facilitated the process of zerg-busting as shown in this video. Not just goliath bash.
    Tools that were designed to benefit large clumps of players received nerfs, such as:
    -Earthgore heal no longer stacking
    -Restoration ult nerfs
    A variety of tools were either implemented recently in this patch or updated to be more beneficial in wiping grouped up clumps of players.

New Implementations:
    -Goliath Bash:Consistent damage that falls off in effectiveness the more dispersed a group becomes. Ult performs similarly to Corrosive in a sense that it is a defensive immunity period which allows for a great window of offensive burst. As the counter with corrosive is to simply kite, CC on CD and wait out duration of ultimate, the same applies.
    -Flesh Atronach:Large ground based AoE spike that tremendously buffs allies attacks on those afflicted. Again, similar to Goliath Bash, ultimate loses effectiveness depending on how spread out a group is.
    -Volendruug:Massive AoE damage, massive utility with a massive counter. Wielder cannot heal themselves. Isolate or burst, this item is only truly good when used in either a) coordinated group with dedicated healer(s) or b) a zerg.

Preexisting abilities/items that were updated:
    -Dawnbreaker: Initial burst damage was buffed.
    -Cleave: Damage was buffed by a hefty amount. Only really effective when paired with Master 2h, so again, common theme, skill falls off in effectiveness the more spread out a group is.
    -Earthgore: Changed to remove all ground based AoE's in area of effect. This is huge for zerg-busting compared to what it was prior.

Short list, but these are the main contributors for what is now facilitating zerg-busting.

Now to get into why these changes are beneficial to the state of the game and not as imbalanced as people may say.

Common theme with a majority of these skills, the effectiveness tremendously drops off the more dispersed a group is. These skills all excel at primarily one thing, destroying a clump of players quickly. They are extremely effective at countering faction-stacks which are becoming increasingly prevalent over the last few patches due to a variety of changes over the years. Where as in previous patches, the real "I Win Button" referenced earlier in this thread was stacking as many players in one Outpost/Castle that is becoming less of a reality with coordinated groups actually having the tools to counter faction-stacks if they are both a) equipped properly in both gear and class comp to tackle these fights and b)playing at a competent level as both a team and individuals.

Seeing as these tools are open to any player, yet I only see a handful effectively using them I would not be quick to deem it overpowered.

Thanks for taking the time to read this regardless, hope you enjoyed the read and your day.
    End post. Incoming "bias".

Except the clump of players using necro pull in and swarm mother while spamming Goliath Bash. Soon you will have zergs doing exactly what the Animosity team is doing now.

The way to bust zergs is to implement a stam equivalent to negate magic in my opinion, not turn the entire game into necros and make it a race to who can program the quickest Goliath Bash macro.

• JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Captain America build op
  • Mrsinister2
    Mrsinister2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Starting to see this more and more and it's getting quite annoying it's just like the snipe dysnc you go from 100 to 0 in one second.

My dude moves around dead for a second or 2 after then I see all the bashes in my recap

Needs fix/nerf/rework plz
  • Adernath
    Adernath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »

First half of the video pretty much shows what and experienced group can do with the Goliath bash ultimate.

The only thing I find impressive in that video is how some people enjoy no lag issues while fighting such large groups.
  • krathos
    krathos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    Still waiting to see what an experienced player or group of players accomplishes with the Goliath open world. I had a taste 1v1 on PTS and I’m not looking forward to it again.

https://youtu.be/7XI3tWTJd28

First half of the video pretty much shows what and experienced group can do with the Goliath bash ultimate.

Except we wipe groups even larger than that without it and after having fun with it for a week we've dropped it from our comp.

https://youtu.be/HlbTxr2_cog?t=56

https://youtu.be/1hecXIVtm8g?t=22

Flapjack Palmdale
    <ANIMOSITY>

Grand Overlord - Magicka Dragonknight
  • Grampa_Smurf
    Grampa_Smurf
    ✭✭✭
    The Goliath bash only goes for 20 sec and is great for separating those ball groups. Pop a Goliath atm and the ball groups scatter.

If this was put into the game for that reason then I am going to say it is working as intended, Big thumbs up.

Life isn't measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
  • LordTareq
    LordTareq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Goliath bash only goes for 20 sec and is great for separating those ball groups. Pop a Goliath atm and the ball groups scatter.

If this was put into the game for that reason then I am going to say it is working as intended, Big thumbs up.

If that was the intend, they should have made it scale with the amount of enemy players it hits. Currently its OP as *** in BG's as well, was in a match today where everyone had like 4-7 kills. The one goliath necromancer? 24 kills. As a tank.

• Delparis
    Delparis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Theignson
    Theignson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMO its insanely owerpowered for PvP.

My DK was running about 25k resists and 3k crit resist, max cp etc, was double teamed by 2 necros who did 36k bash damage in 5 seconds,

My abilities were greyed out. I looked at CM and found the bashes were hitting up to every 0.4 seconds. So the GCD doesn't apply. The average hit was 4k.

If you get bashed every 0.4 seconds I assume skills are interrupted; not sure if this is why my abilities were greyed out. I tried to run/dodge roll out but it is aoe, not sure how far.

A few other times I just dropped dead without time to react.

I suspect the spamming every 0.4 seconds or so clogs the server causing desync, but not sure.

20 seconds...lol...insanely long.

My conclusion: better level up my stam necro b4 nerf
    Quakrson, Stam DK, Grand Overlord
    Trackrsen, Stam Warden, Grand Overlord
    Quakrsen, Mag DK, Overlord
    Tolliverson, Stam NB, General
    Farfarel, Stam Necro, Praetorian
    Spencerson, Templar, Prefect
    Phosphorsen, Stam Sorc, Colonel
    Phosphorson, Mag Sorc, Centurion
    Glimson, Arcanist, Major
    All EP/ PC NA
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best part about this thread are the terrible AD necros trying it out thinking it's OP lol
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good thing they nerfed flare and snipe...
  • Irylia
    Irylia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sharquez wrote: »
    this a a flat out lie
    I'm specced I to it
    wearing 5 fury
    and 5 affliction
    all damage modifiers on jewelry
    and warrior mundus

1h shield fully specced for deadly bash
    my tool tip shows 8795 bash

yet I hit players for 1.7 to 2k

very underwhelming

i.suspect that if you are getting hit for 7k to 14k bashes that from players who know secrets and know how to mask hacks to increase damage.

or are using infused bashdamage jewlery...

We aren’t using infused bash. You could to min max dmg but then you lose out on healing for yourself and teammates making you Even more vulnerable when outside of ult.
    The build is only useful when in ult and then a deadweight otherwise. With poor dmg mit no evasion and poor aoe or dmg in general.
  • kokoandshinb14a_ESO
    so what is this build?
    I'm using 5 fury+5 affliction+ pirate/bloodspawn

1h/shield with deadly bash

3 physical damage jewel enchants

my tooltip is 7.9 bash

yet I hit players for 1.7 to 2k per bash

here is the link to my build

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=151245
    Edited by kokoandshinb14a_ESO on June 3, 2019 8:36PM
  • VinayExile
    VinayExile
    ✭✭✭✭
    My bash tooltip
    https://imgur.com/a/dlsxKzK
    Idk what u guys wear but it hits for 20k+ in pvp
    Edited by VinayExile on June 4, 2019 3:03AM
  • kokoandshinb14a_ESO
    VinayExile wrote: »
    My bash tooltip

so what's the build?
  • BlackMadara
    BlackMadara
    ✭✭✭✭
    VinayExile wrote: »
    My bash tooltip

so what's the build?

With 8k WD (Fury, 7th, Balorgh, infused WD jewelry) and 100 in master-at-arms and Mighty, you can hit that tooltip. The bash scales off solely WD. Screenshots like that should be taken with a grain of salt.
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Was running around 30k resistance and surprised to see bash was hitting for 6k damage.

Health dropped lot faster and made me levelling stam necro!
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol Probably wont be addressed until the next update in 3 months. Had decided I dislike my necro because buff upkeep and resource management and broken or slow skills. Maybe I should just build it for this as the ultimate are the best thing about necro.
  • Irylia
    Irylia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so what is this build?

my tooltip is 7.9 bash

All robust all weapon dmg on jewelry. You can infused
    And not affliction. You want another dmg set with a better 5x

Your enchants are purple on jewelry and using healthy traits.
    Edited by Irylia on June 4, 2019 8:31PM
  • kokoandshinb14a_ESO
    Irylia wrote: »
    so what is this build?

my tooltip is 7.9 bash

All robust all weapon dmg on jewelry. You can infused
    And not affliction. You want another dmg set with a better 5x

Your enchants are purple on jewelry and using healthy traits.

ya-- im going to be using only purple gear as I cant afford yellow gear.

the difference between epic to legendary isnt large enough to produce 500X the damage
    Edited by kokoandshinb14a_ESO on June 4, 2019 10:52PM
  • labambao
    labambao
    ✭✭✭✭
  • Sarousse
    Sarousse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno could we get an update ? Why isn't this skill nerfed already ?

Also how could you let this going out on live server, as it was reported again and again on PTS ? What's the purpose of PTS if you just don't care/listen to your players ?

Cyrodiil is totally unplayable now. You get necrobashed everywhere, with exactly 0 defense possible.
    Edited by Sarousse on June 4, 2019 10:34PM
  • Rikumaru
    Rikumaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just an FYI, max stamina doesn't increase the damage of bash. For me, I would just go necrotic potency + blastbones + armor buff + spirit mender + skeleton archer + bloodspawn for all the ulti gen it brings. Infused bash glyphs and whatever type of build you want ontop of that. Just survive until ulti and 1 shot them when you enter ulti.
    Overload rework. Power Overload now does physical damage and grants you the power of a tornado: You throw a brick at the target with a light attack, and you hammer your head into that brick with every heavy attack. We have decreased its Ultimate cost, but increased the chance that you get stuck in the animation.
  • psypanda
    psypanda
    ✭✭✭
    everyone who thinks that the pummel ulti is fine is in denial

on the other hand you got zos saying hurrr durrr its the snb passives that are waaaaaaaay to strong lets nerf them O_O
    President of the official Lucina Civello Fanclub
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This ult is like Corrosive - grant survivability and huge damage boost, but unlike Corrosive it cost more so it does more. But having even expensive ult that makes you almost immortal for very long duration and makes your attacks into 100% death for everyone who is not running away without looking behind is definetly wrong. This ult is be far stronger than even Volendrung ult. and ofc problem is only stam morph of it.
    Just saw how 28lvl jumped into 20men zerg, died 4sec later but within those 4sec killed 12 people by 8k bashes.
    Edited by Cinbri on June 5, 2019 8:04AM
  • Elwendryll
    Elwendryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UglyWindingEidolonhelvum-size_restricted.gif
    PC - EU - France - AD
    Main character: Qojikrin - Khajiit Sorcerer Tank/Stamina DD - since March 25, 2015.
    Guildmaster of Oriflamme: Focus on 4 player endgame content.
    Member of Brave Cat Trade, Panda Division and Toadhuggers.

All 4-man trifectas - TTT, IR, GH