The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Godslayer title

• irswat
    irswat
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hope @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_BillE @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_GaryA that someone at zos sees this thread and recognizes the inconsistency in a title called GODSLAYER in a trial about slaying false-gods. Lore aside, a title like GODSLAYER may be construed and offensive and insensitive to religious persons who play their game. I would like to think that they don't want to alienate this portion of their player base.
    The Lord Jesus Christ saved me from sin and darkness. His love has transformed me so that I am a new creature in Him. May you find Him too, and experience His richness and goodness!
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    irswat wrote: »
    I hope @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_BillE @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_GaryA that someone at zos sees this thread and recognizes the inconsistency in a title called GODSLAYER in a trial about slaying false-gods. Lore aside, a title like GODSLAYER may be construed and offensive and insensitive to religious persons who play their game. I would like to think that they don't want to alienate this portion of their player base.

You're playing a fantasy game, full of demons, sorcery, undead & a myriad of "gods". It's a game, period. Don't expect it to cater to your very specific, non-game related demand.

I, personally, am against murder. But the Dark Brotherhood still exists in the game, and I am currently murdering innocents as part of that DLC. You too can believe in a single omnipotent God and have the title Godslayer in the game.
  • Prutton
    Prutton
    ✭✭✭

Why would they care? It is just a game. If you play a fantasy game, you need to accept that there will be other gods there. If religious people are insulted by that, they shouldn't even be playing. I would feel very insulted if they changed the title name to "false-god slayer". It would make me feel like the game is becoming a christian game.
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hope @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_BillE @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_GaryA that someone at zos sees this thread and recognizes the inconsistency in a title called GODSLAYER in a trial about slaying false-gods.

Sure. I don't agree, but sure. That's kinda a semi decent argument.
    Lore aside, a title like GODSLAYER may be construed and offensive and insensitive to religious persons who play their game. I would like to think that they don't want to alienate this portion of their player base.

Im offended by religious people (not really, but roll with it a second). Why should you care that you offended me? I'm not going to stop playing just because religious people exist in game. In fact, there's a good chance that no matter how much I stomp my feet and scream I am offended, come tomorrow I'll be playing alongside my Christian discord buddy.

Offense is entirely useless as an argument. I'd recommend you leave that bit out. In the future, if course.
  • Zacuel
    Zacuel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just warning you all now if there's ever a Bigfoot Slayer title I'mma be like really angry
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »
    Was thinking that Godslayer is not appropriate title for Sunspire trifecta. Perhaps false-god slayer would be more appropriate given the lore of the trial, among other reasons..

@I_killed_Vivec maybe you can answer this one

Undoubtedly False Gods.
    They must be false, I killed Vivec, I killed Almalexia and I would have killed Sotha Sil if the mad bat hadn't got to him first.

And while we are on the subject, I hate having to do Almalexia's bidding, or save Vivec from the very threat he hangs over the heads of "his people", or save Sotha's stupid Clockwork City (I thought he was supposed to be clever, how could he think people would live without proper food?).
  • irswat
    irswat
    ✭✭✭✭
    drop this code in an addon to change the title to "Slayer of false-gods" this title will show up for anyone who is using "Godslayer" title.

compliments of @Dolgubon thanks so much man!
    local a = GetModifiedTitle
    GetModifiedTitle = function(...)
    local b = a(...)
    if b == "Godslayer" then
    return "Slayer of false-gods"
    end
    return b
    end

if anyone knows how to change "Godslayer" title in achievements>elsweyrd>sunspire, and in character screen let me know
    The Lord Jesus Christ saved me from sin and darkness. His love has transformed me so that I am a new creature in Him. May you find Him too, and experience His richness and goodness!
  • Bherdani
    Bherdani
    ✭✭✭
    ...conversations about RL religious conflict caused by Elder Scrolls Games... apropos AF no?
    Nightfighters - Legion of the Bloodworks
    www.elderscrubsonline.com
    NO PARKING IN THE RED
    Proud member of The Psijic Order - Team 0.016%
  • irswat
    irswat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its actually a conversation about lore consistency. Certain people derailed OP
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Flawless Conqueror is still the best sounding title and always will be.
  • Pheefs
    Pheefs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its a GAME, with... alternate realities... and magical backstabbery... && ALMOST GODS making out with DEMONS!
    not to mention the Sentient Snake Women who want to KILL YOU ALL THE TIME...

expecting some moralistic adherence to your specific set of real-world beliefs is ....silly!
    & kinda rude too, who made you the arbiter of "offense"?
    You decided to be offended, disgust is learned too.
    >:)

also, I feel a lock coming on
    ;)
    { Forums are Weird........................ Nerfy nerfing nerf nerfers, buff you b'netches!....................... Popcorn popcorn! }
  • Pelanora
    Pelanora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/56237

again I point to this. it is pretty clear that the lore of the trial is that these are false gods.

They think they're gods. Such things tend to be subjective.
  • ZOS_Lunar
    ZOS_Lunar
    admin
    Hello!

We've closed this thread given its age and given that some information may be out of date. If you wish to continue discussing this topic please create a new thread. Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.