The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Godslayer title

• Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nerf cosmetic title post.. now i have seen it all.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • TheNightflame
    TheNightflame
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it just me, or does sunspire feel like a 4man dungeon in terms of mechanics, but just with more people in there to make up for increased mob health.
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it just me, or does sunspire feel like a 4man dungeon in terms of mechanics, but just with more people in there to make up for increased mob health.
    Probably cause all the mechanics are from 4 mans lol
    #MOREORBS
  • irswat
    irswat
    ✭✭✭✭
    just wanted to see if @ZOS_GinaBruno ZOS plans on changing this inconsistency.
    The Lord Jesus Christ saved me from sin and darkness. His love has transformed me so that I am a new creature in Him. May you find Him too, and experience His richness and goodness!
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone on the dev team likes FairyTail:

https://fairytail.fandom.com/wiki/God_Slayer

BTW I'm just going to leave this here for those that have never heard it:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0eofbOc510
    Edited by kaithuzar on April 29, 2019 1:43PM
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • Love Wizard
    Love Wizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What do you mean the title is not appropriate? It's an absolute banger of a title, lets not have another tick tock terrorizer fiesta.
    @IWM - EU - Member of Hodor
    Mashinate - Highelf Nightblade (Inactive)
    Love Wizard - Dunmer Dragonknight (Inactive)
    Godblade - Highelf Nightblade (Active)
    Mashixo - Dunmer Sorcerer (Inactive)
    Hjelmi's Sister - Dunmer Nightblade (Inactive)
    Mashiex - Orc Nightblade (Active)
    Beaminate - Dunmer Templar (Inactive)
    Kittynate - Khajiit Nightblade (Inactive)
    Godmancer - Orc Necromancer (Active)

Server: EU || Guilds: Hodor & Banana Squad || Previously Zerg Squad || Nightblade Lover

Scores: vMoL - 170840 | vSO - 177392 | vHRC - 159696 | vHoF - 221111| vAS - 115810| vCR - 132661 | vBP - 101083 | vSS - 247438

Achievements: Tick Tock Tormentor x3 - Immortal Redeemer x6 - Gryphon Heart x5 - The Unchained x1 - Godslayer x1

Worlds First Vet Maw of Lorkhaj Clear (Hodor! & Hodor!)
    Worlds First Vet Halls of Fabrication HM Clear - Worlds First vHoF Speedrun(Hodor!)
    World Record for All Trials Pre Thieves Guild Patch (Hodor!)
    Worlds First Tick Tock & Disassembly General (No death speedrun HM vHoF)
    Worlds First vAS Hardmode
    Worlds First Cloudrest clear, and hardmode
    Worlds First Cloudrest HM Nodeathspeedrun (Gryphon Heart)
    Worlds First Blackrose Prison clear
    Worlds First "The Unchained" title (vBP speedrun, nodeath, no sigils)
    World Record for all the Trials (Murkmire)
    Worlds First Godslayer
  • TheNightflame
    TheNightflame
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Blasphemer Blaster"

edit: Blasphemer Banisher
    Edited by TheNightflame on April 29, 2019 6:44PM
  • irswat
    irswat
    ✭✭✭✭
    https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/56237

see, false gods! Should be Slayer of False-gods
    The Lord Jesus Christ saved me from sin and darkness. His love has transformed me so that I am a new creature in Him. May you find Him too, and experience His richness and goodness!
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    irswat wrote: »

see, false gods! Should be Slayer of False-gods

Now that would be an awesome title!
  • irswat
    irswat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Godslayer is not in harmony with the lore of the trial. A more appropriate title would be Slayer of False-gods.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Title should be Dragon Slayer or King Slayer!
    Dragon Dreugh King Slayer Slayer
    w00t.gif

• Prutton
    Prutton
    ✭✭✭
    I think some people are asking to "nerf" the title because they think it is insulting their puny gods.
  • Zacuel
    Zacuel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it offends rl religious people. Well that's just an added bonus.
  • helios777
    helios777
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zacuel wrote: »
    Cringe

Grand Warlord HAXERUS. One of the last OG Mag DKs.
    Mag DK through Thick and Thin.
    Retired from Cyrodiil until they finally decide to fix the performance, which is probably never.
  • Zacuel
    Zacuel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    helios777 wrote: »
    Cringe

Was it something I said?
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Was thinking that Godslayer is not appropriate title for Sunspire trifecta. Perhaps false-god slayer would be more appropriate given the lore of the trial, among other reasons..

@I_killed_Vivec maybe you can answer this one
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • DoonerSeraph
    DoonerSeraph
    ✭✭✭✭
    I dunno, if it is really a God, then you shouldn't be able to kill it anyway.

It's a GOD! How can you kill A GOD? What a grand and intoxicating innocence... :sunglasses:
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I dunno, if it is really a God, then you shouldn't be able to kill it anyway.

It's a GOD! How can you kill A GOD? What a grand and intoxicating innocence... :sunglasses:

You just hit the Hearth of Lorkhan once with Sunder and 5 times with Kenning while using Wraithguard
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @DoonerSeraph you're more correct than you know; in TES the "true gods" (Aedra/Daedra etc) are immortal. To destroy their physical form means nothing as they simply reform in Oblivion.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • irswat
    irswat
    ✭✭✭✭

this real life religious person has contributed quite a deal to the ESO community. It's a good thing you don't represent the community, because if ESO was comprised of people who get their jollies off from the plight of others, then this would be a community I want nothing to do with.

Another thing I don't get is, if I tried making a character named "Gods' not dead" I wouldn't be allowed to because ZOS sensitivity to religious and political matters, but Godslayer? no problem
    Edited by irswat on May 15, 2019 12:12AM
  • T3hasiangod
    T3hasiangod
    ✭✭✭✭✭

this real life religious person has contributed quite a deal to the ESO community. It's a good thing you don't represent the community, because if ESO was comprised of people who get their jollies off from the plight of others, then this would be a community I want nothing to do with.

Another thing I don't get is, if I tried making a character named "Gods' not dead" I wouldn't be allowed to because ZOS sensitivity to religious and political matters, but Godslayer? no problem

If by "contributed quite a deal" you mean "created a meme for about a day", then sure. I never even heard of you before that meme came about.

And to be honest, Godslayer makes sense. The dragons think they're gods, the temple Khajiits think them gods, and even we as the player are initially fooled into thinking they are gods. So yes, having Godslayer as a title makes thematic sense.

From a religious standpoint, this isn't even an argument. It isn't THE Godslayer. It's just Godslayer. There is more than one accepted god in the world, depending on your worldview. And the definition of a god varies from person to person as well. Not to mention it is a game. If a title in a game offends you, I can't imagine the rage you feel about other innocuous things that you perceive as slights to your religion.
    PC/NA - Mayflower, Hellfire Dominion

Dro-m'Athra Destroyer - Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor - Voice of Reason - Gryphon Heart - The Unchained - Extinguisher of Flames

Tank - Healer - DPS (all classes, all specs)

Youtube - Twitch
  • Prutton
    Prutton
    ✭✭✭
    Sometimes I forget that a few people still believe in gods, like our bronze age ancestors.
  • Prutton
    Prutton
    ✭✭✭
    All gos are fake, so what's the difference?
  • Prutton
    Prutton
    ✭✭✭
    Prutton wrote: »
    All gos are fake, so what's the difference?

Gods*
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    All BS aside, it is a bit hypocritical to not allow "God/god" in a character name, but allow it in a title. I bet the inflammatory types would like to make religious troll comments through character names, and ESO is just avoiding that whole thing.

"Did you really slay a deity?"
    'Well, it was actually a false god.'
    "Hmm, so if I kill that big sea viper over there, do I get the Dragonslayer Wyvernslayer title?
    'I don't make titles, I earn them.'

Fear is the Mindkiller
  • irswat
    irswat
    ✭✭✭✭

again I point to this. it is pretty clear that the lore of the trial is that these are false gods.
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Okay, who's going to tell him?
  • NupidStoob
    NupidStoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't matter how cool the title sounds. It's simply not appropriate as you are slaying false gods.
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Oh, get over yourself.
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    NupidStoob wrote: »
    Doesn't matter how cool the title sounds. It's simply not appropriate as you are slaying false gods.

You and the other three people who care can just not use the title, then.
This discussion has been closed.