The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

BE3 Drops?

HalvarIronfist
HalvarIronfist
✭✭✭✭
MY accounts are linked, all well and good. But I swear that I read drops would happen this morning of 6/10, as referenced by this link

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/56409

THEN, I checked this morning. Have not received my drops. (I did link my accounts. I only have one twitch, and one PC ESO account)

I found this : https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/42168

Stating they'll be delivered sometime before the 19th. Which is correct?
  • Inaya
    Inaya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It has always been delivery by the 19th.
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The original date was starting Monday morning and continuing for a few hours.
    We can assume morning could easily mean 10am or so, so if they did start then, it's now been about 3-4 hours. Still in the given timeframe IMO. But they might be too busy troubleshooting.
    The 19th was the date for console players do I'd hope they didn't change that.
  • Devanear
    Devanear
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would say they are both correct. One says it starts today, the other that they will be delivered until the 19th. So any time between today and the 19th would be acceptable. Although I suspect the 19th to be just a safeguard, in case there are any unexpected delays. There's no reason to assume an automated process will take 9 days to complete.
    Raisin wrote: »
    Actually, the question on that link is "When will I receive my Twitch drops from watching the Bethesda BE3 showcase?", so it's not for console. Console players didn't have to watch the stream.
    Edited by Devanear on June 10, 2019 5:46PM
  • HalvarIronfist
    HalvarIronfist
    ✭✭✭✭
    Devanear wrote: »
    I would say they are both correct. One says it starts today, the other that they will be delivered until the 19th. So any time between today and the 19th would be acceptable. Although I suspect the 19th to be just a safeguard, in case there are any unexpected delays. There's no reason to assume an automated process will take 9 days to complete.
    Actually, the question on that link is "When will I receive my Twitch drops from watching the Bethesda BE3 showcase?", so it's not for console. Console players didn't have to watch the stream.

I've just assumed between the 10th and 19th, but like you stated. There shouldn't be any reason an automated process would take that much time to complete.

I'm just checking, between the two statements that one says "Tomorrow morning" and the other saying. "By 19th at the latest"
  • Ratty1SFT
    Ratty1SFT
    ✭✭

I've just assumed between the 10th and 19th, but like you stated. There shouldn't be any reason an automated process would take that much time to complete.

I'm just checking, between the two statements that one says "Tomorrow morning" and the other saying. "By 19th at the latest"
    Drops haven't gone out yet for PC - they should be a little later today.
  • elvenmad
    elvenmad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC starting morning 10th, console delivered by 19th, that's what the main site news stated, so for PC its still 10th so there's still time yet
    Edited by elvenmad on June 10, 2019 7:00PM
    < PC - EU >
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Yes and actually in the second link it has the original information we were given which is exactly as I said.
    Edit: and by second I mean first of course. The one you weren't talking about -- you get what I mean.
    Edited by Raisin on June 10, 2019 6:15PM
  • HalvarIronfist
    HalvarIronfist
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ratty1SFT wrote: »

Drops haven't gone out yet for PC - they should be a little later today.

Thank you. In my timezone, EST is ahead of me. so when I woke up, I'd just assumed it was already done, as per the normal with updates/etc
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Just remember that the statement said STARTING in the morning, and continuing for hours afterwards. I wouldn't assume that to imply 9 days max.
    Edited by Raisin on June 10, 2019 6:18PM
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey guys! Because we had so many people watching the stream, it's going to take a bit longer to get the Drops out to all the PC players. They will start to go out tomorrow morning (June 11) and should be complete by June 12. Console players should still receive theirs on June 19.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Death_Courir
    Death_Courir
    ✭✭✭
    It´s okay @ZOS_GinaBruno, the stream had due some times over 250k viewers so it is no Problem to wait a couple of hours more. Everybody should understand this. Have a nice E3 and the Rest of ZOS-Team too.
    CP 1200+; Feierabend- und Wochendspieler mit realem Leben, Freunden und Verantwortungen; Lange dabei und trotzdem Noob!
  • commodore64
    commodore64
    ✭✭✭✭
    Plus, our EU server is completely trashed, and it'll be difficult for you to receive them when we go for a 24hrs maintenance to attempt to put the guilds back
  • DiNanna63
    DiNanna63
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the update @ZOS_GinaBruno. It's understandable with so many watching the stream.
  • woe
    woe
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was worried i wasn't getting my drops, thanks for the update.
    uwu
  • tianjan_wow_ESO
    tianjan_wow_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    That moment when you realize the stream you had set up to run while you had to be at work was the wrong one. Alas, pretty mount, another time.

I need to up my twitch game, apparently.
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hey guys! Because we had so many people watching the stream, it's going to take a bit longer to get the Drops out to all the PC players. They will start to go out tomorrow morning (June 11) and should be complete by June 12. Console players should still receive theirs on June 19.

Thanks for the update. I was kind of wondering, but knew it typically takes a day or two for you guys to do this. I know Twitch has been having a lot of hiccups with them setting viewers to away automatically when they are actively watching streams and commenting in chat which is a reason some people don't get drops on stream weekends.. so I want to ensure I get mine from watching #BE3.
    Far too many characters to list any more.
  • Mahabahabtha
    Mahabahabtha
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No Prime Now avaiable @ your house ?
    "In fact, I’ve met more PVEers that are worse at PvE than PvPers."
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about people who were there on the page and in the chat room, but the video failed to connect?

I was there on the page hours before while doing stuff in other browser tabs. Saw and heard the pre stream video and music but the stream itself was just black screen and a loading circle. When I tried pressing pause and play it changed to a network error message.
  • Living_Ded
    Living_Ded
    ✭✭✭
    My accounts were linked and I got nothing too :'(
    @LivingDed
    necro healer, warden healer, templar healer, stam/magblade
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There shouldn't be any reason an automated process would take that much time to complete.

There are.

A computer somewhere has to send out several hundred thousand individual emails. That takes computing and network resources. If they do it from one of their own machines then they might schedule that to happen after work hours so it won't disrupt normal operations. Or they might do it during work hours so they can monitor for errors and respond to them, but stagger the mail out so it doesn't crash anything.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for letting us know Gina!
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Ydrisselle
    Ydrisselle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerouyn wrote: »
    What about people who were there on the page and in the chat room, but the video failed to connect?

I was there on the page hours before while doing stuff in other browser tabs. Saw and heard the pre stream video and music but the stream itself was just black screen and a loading circle. When I tried pressing pause and play it changed to a network error message.

That's why I use either the desktop client or the mobile client...
  • HalvarIronfist
    HalvarIronfist
    ✭✭✭✭

Ty for the update!
  • HalvarIronfist
    HalvarIronfist
    ✭✭✭✭
    There shouldn't be any reason an automated process would take that much time to complete.

There are.

A computer somewhere has to send out several hundred thousand individual emails. That takes computing and network resources. If they do it from one of their own machines then they might schedule that to happen after work hours so it won't disrupt normal operations. Or they might do it during work hours so they can monitor for errors and respond to them, but stagger the mail out so it doesn't crash anything.

I highly doubt, as someone in the IT field, that it's solely one computer doing the work or unmoderated at all. But, my other thought was correct that they just simply had an overload. They did have a massive amount of viewers, which does take time and manpower to some extent. Obviously, I do not know how ZOS does this, but that's just my standpoint. There's more than likely some revision of the emails included. Obviously with revision, if they hit a higher viewer count with linked profiles than they anticipated, or any other internal errors, it would take more time.

Regardless, we got our response from ZOS, now let's be happy and wait to open our crates and ride our new mount.
  • lookstwice
    lookstwice
    ✭✭✭
    My biggest fear is having sat through the stream and somehow having screwed something up my end where I don't get credit.
  • Deohjo
    Deohjo
    ✭✭
    The same thing happened with Ice / White Wolf mount, but it was quite neglected
  • Threemoons
    Threemoons
    ✭✭✭

Here's to hoping! :)
    Playing on PC/NA---UserID=Threemoons--usually on nights, weekends
  • Khipu
    Khipu
    ✭✭✭

You just refresh the page. I had to about 6 times, myself, but; eventually I got to see it all. I hope you get your goodies!
    :D
    Let us know.
    Sejreia-Efeliel-Olympias-Emerald Ire-Asifi Kare-Skips~on~Starfire-Everbloom-Sugrahdun-Elsreia-Ceruval
    PC NA
    MMORPG:2004-2019
    Taking stealth away from the Bosmer is like taking magic away from the Altmer, making Nords allergic to mead, or making Orcs pretty. - @Cundu_Ertur
    “Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.” ― Walt Whitman
  • Threemoons
    Threemoons
    ✭✭✭
    OK I didn't realize that someone had necroed last year's thread on this...but yeah, still waiting for my goodies (PC NA) and hoping they show tomorrow...
    Playing on PC/NA---UserID=Threemoons--usually on nights, weekends
  • mann9753b16_ESO
    mann9753b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey, thank you for your reply^^

Just having an official response is already all I need^^ You guys take your time, and thanks again for giving us an update :)