The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Alfiq Banker and Merchant

• FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I already have the banker and merchant but would much prefer the cat ones. So does this mean I have to shell out 10k crowns to get them and then have two bankers and two merchants, which I simply don't need? Or will those of us with the banker and merchant already get these for a much reduced price? Or will we be able to exchange them? Because if we have to shell out a small fortune to get them this is going to leave a VERY bad taste in the mouth, ya follow?

I already have a house, but would much prefer another one.

Wtfayo?
    Options
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FierceSam wrote: »
    I already have the banker and merchant but would much prefer the cat ones. So does this mean I have to shell out 10k crowns to get them and then have two bankers and two merchants, which I simply don't need? Or will those of us with the banker and merchant already get these for a much reduced price? Or will we be able to exchange them? Because if we have to shell out a small fortune to get them this is going to leave a VERY bad taste in the mouth, ya follow?

I already have a house, but would much prefer another one.

Wtfayo?

Congratulations! You can sell your house, taking all the equity out of it and investing it into your new, preferred house! It's unlikely very much of the money you've already spent will be wasted; in fact, you'll likely come out ahead!
    Edited by MasterSpatula on June 4, 2019 12:28AM
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
    Options
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Svenja wrote: »
    42531c5579c3c9c2cfa57699557b7fe6.png

As already reported here, there won't be an upgrade function. This is from the AUA with ZOS Devs on reddit.

That’s absolutely criminal.
    Offering a cheaper upgrade option for these already overpriced Assistants for people who already forked out for the original assistants wouldn’t of ripped into their *** profit margin. This is just greedy. Poor form ZOS. Poor form. Anyone who defends ZOS for this have rocks in their heads.
    Edited by MattT1988 on June 4, 2019 12:34AM
    Options
  • Digiman
    Digiman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sadly I will buy them... I mean come on they are cats for christs sake.
    Options
  • 16BitForestCat
    16BitForestCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I'm doing crafting writs and see 3-4 bankers standing around the turn-in location I head cannon that its the Andromo Brothers Moving Company there to pick up the goods to take to Cyrodiil (to explain the similar looks and uniforms). Any suggestions for adding a glaring of cats there too?

This response is giving me happy nostalgic thoughts of the identical Cannon Travel Brothers in Secret Of Mana (who transport your party rather than goods via cannon, hehe). It is now my headcan(n)on that the Andromo Brothers are elven cousins of the Cannon Brothers.

As to the topic at hand, I need these Alfiq assistants like I need air. But having already bought Tythis and Nuzhimeh at full price, there is no way in Coldharbour I'm paying that much again. I already side-eye those pet and mount reskins that cost thousands of crowns and give nothing new. I agree that it would be great if you could buy the base item (assistant, mount, pet, etc.) with the "skin" of your choice, and then any other versions with purely audio/visual tweaks are priced as cheaper reskins. But I don't see that happening. So the only way I'm getting these kitty assistants is on sale, or for gold via Tamriel Crown Exchange, or if one of my friends with crowns to burn randomly decides to gift me a new kitty for my upcoming birthday. But I am absolutely *not* buying them myself at full price when I've already got a banker and merchant. Sorry, ZOS, I don't have unlimited funds, so tough ti--I mean, kitties for you.
    Edited by 16BitForestCat on June 4, 2019 1:13AM
    PC/NA. Alliance agnostic: all factions should chill the fetch out and party together.
    If you ever wonder why certain official fandom spaces are so often toxic, remember: corruption starts from the top.
    Options
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dashmatt wrote: »

Assistants are sort of like non-combat pets and I’d totally buy different skins for a similar cost. However full price is more than the most expensive MOUNT ever.

I would say that the 600 gem mount would be far more expensive than 5,000 crowns, if both were paid for in cash..

And this whole discussion is silly. Why do people say "OMG, I'm not paying twice for assistants without new functionality," when these same people have paid 5, 10, 20, or more times over for mounts with the same functionality. I don't recall anyone ever saying "I'm not paying full price for a second mount, but I'd pay half of that to reskin my current mount." ZOS knows better than that. Be glad that they didn't make them Radiant Apex crate rewards. Because they would probably make a lot more cash from people trying to gamble for them.

Not saying it's right, but that's how it's always been.

Edited by Jaraal on June 4, 2019 4:11AM
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
    Options
  • PocketNova
    PocketNova
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'll be buying the kitties because I assumed they would cost full price when they were first datamined. I expected it and planned ahead during that crown sale recently.

I treat them as simple re-skins, like I do anything else I want in game that existed before in a different colour combination.

Upgrades for those of us who already own the current banker/merchant has never been a thing ZOS has done. So I'm not sure why they suddenly would implement such a system now.
    PC NA
    Master Angler
    Dressed as Wonder Woman
    Living in Hogwarts
    Options
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve waited 3 years for something other than Nuzimeh and Tythis. I refused to buy Nuzimeh out of principle and my time has finally come. All my left over crowns from before the racial update will finally be spent. I’d prefer the Arteaum pack rat but these kitties are a good start. Thank you Zos.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
    Options
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »

Assistants are sort of like non-combat pets and I’d totally buy different skins for a similar cost. However full price is more than the most expensive MOUNT ever.

I would say that the 600 gem mount would be far more expensive than 5,000 crowns, if both were paid for in cash..

And this whole discussion is silly. Why do people say "OMG, I'm not paying twice for assistants without new functionality," when these same people have paid 5, 10, 20, or more times over for mounts with the same functionality. I don't recall anyone ever saying "I'm not paying full price for a second mount, but I'd pay half of that to reskin my current mount." ZOS knows better than that. Be glad that they didn't make them Radiant Apex crate rewards. Because they would probably make a lot more cash from people trying to gamble for them.

Mounts are generally 2k crowns for reskins, assistants should be too

5k for a function I already have access to is more than double the standard for a reskin
    Options
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I genuinely can’t believe some of you are defending ZOS for this.
    Options
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jhalin wrote: »
    Jaraal wrote: »

Mounts are generally 2k crowns for reskins, assistants should be too

5k for a function I already have access to is more than double the standard for a reskin

Three mounts in the crown store at this moment for 3k, one for 2.5k. All reskins. Many of us have way more than 5k invested in mounts. But, ok. Like I said, it may not be right, but they know people will pay whatever they ask, if they want it bad enough.

Edited by Jaraal on June 4, 2019 6:25AM
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
    Options
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don’t have to buy the Alfiqs.
    The Alfiqs don’t have better functionality.
    You’ve been getting use out of Tythis and Nuzimeh.

Also, all the new people they brought in with Elsweyr will more than make up for you abstaining. Every talking cat fan on the internet is their target. Best believe there are enough new players in Elsweyr with sub crowns waiting to snatch these up.
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
    Options
  • Comixfan
    Comixfan
    ✭✭✭
    I really hope you can get these at a discount if you recently bought the existing banker & merchant!

If I'd known we were getting kitty cat banker & merchant I would've waited!
    Options
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Comixfan wrote: »
    I really hope you can get these at a discount if you recently bought the existing banker & merchant!

If you very recently bought it you can try to submit a ticket to support to return it. Like very recently. ANd I’m guessing they require it be Like 2 weeks or less recently.
    Options
  • Darkhorse1975
    Darkhorse1975
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I'm doing crafting writs and see 3-4 bankers standing around the turn-in location I head cannon that its the Andromo Brothers Moving Company there to pick up the goods to take to Cyrodiil (to explain the similar looks and uniforms). Any suggestions for adding a glaring of cats there too?

This response is giving me happy nostalgic thoughts of the identical Cannon Travel Brothers in Secret Of Mana (who transport your party rather than goods via cannon, hehe). It is now my headcan(n)on that the Andromo Brothers are elven cousins of the Cannon Brothers.

I would have gone back to edit the spelling error now that you pointed it out but your response was so great that I just have to leave it! Meanwhile, I figured out how to add a bunch of banker Alfiqs to the scene. They will be the Andromo Brothers spouses! Dunmer <3 Alfiq!
    Master Craftsman!
    Options
  • Lisutaris
    Lisutaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    max_only wrote: »
    Comixfan wrote: »

If you very recently bought it you can try to submit a ticket to support to return it. Like very recently. ANd I’m guessing they require it be Like 2 weeks or less recently.

HA WISH ME LUCK! We were improving my house (guild house) with banker and merchant recently ... ~1 Week... but it was gifted to me ... xD Would also like to get them changed ... This will be very interesting ... (khajiiti manor... khajiiti furniture.... everything kitty.) =^.^=
    Hope you are successful with your ticket! Let's pray that the support was drinking tequila during their weekend :smile:
    tenor.gif?itemid=4686443
    Edited by Lisutaris on June 4, 2019 7:09AM
    Options
  • p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    - Khajiit pet sorc.
    - Cat mount
    - Cat non-combat pet
    - Cat Assistant

Multiply by X amount of people using it in a crowded area...

GG :D

Nothing wrong someone get the family along :D
    Options
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's a serious mistake to not make it upgradable at $50 dollar each price tag doing the exact same thing as others. Sure some will definetly buy, but what about the next one or the one after that?

This is a chance to make banker/ merchant skins a thing or how ever you want to sell comestic difference.
    Options
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's an awful shame there won't be an upgrade option no. A lost opportunity and lost coin perhaps this one thinks.

We will see what the price is and remain hopeful until hope disappears like the very last puff of skooma smoke from a empty bubbler.

This one would have liked to have both yes - but with no upgrade must choose only one.

This one needs a more trustworthy employee for the Bank of Khajiit so banker cat it will be. Nuzimeh is not so bad no but purple elf man has certainly had his day.

Wonder if you can have them both placed at once in a house? If so maybe this one can find purple elf man some other task ...

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
    Options
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The price tag is definitely the big hangup for me. I got the dark elf banker because that has been the only option for a very long time and there was never a real indication that other options would be available. I don't care for the character at all, but it was that or run back to town every few minutes. I'd much rather have someone else, but I simply can't justify buying the assistant at full price all over again.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
    Options
  • WhyMustItBe
    WhyMustItBe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They have a whole section of the cosmetic window devoted to only ONE skin-able item (the collector's edition Warden bear) and it has been that way for basically a year since Morrowind released.

In my view they could make a lot more money for the game to continue improving if they offered loyal customers more options for upgrading and skinning stuff they already purchased like bankers and merchants for incremental prices, especially since there is literally already a section for this programmed in the existing interface.

I feel that instead charging full price for a reskin of the same function of a unique high-value and high-cost service (each one of these costs more than your average AAA game release on Steam for perspective), only serves to further exacerbate the frustration and disappointment of paying customers.

Considering the already tepid attitude towards loot boxes it just doesn't seem like a good business move.

Edited by WhyMustItBe on June 4, 2019 7:52AM
    Options
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So from the new post for crown store it seems promises to get those new merchants and bankers in so that people who already bought those expensive assistants before wouldnt be unhappy that now there is better option of banker/merchant while they already spend so much money. There were posts on forum about this in the past, and we were assured that they are looking for best way how to get this in without people who already purchased feeling ripped off. Now there seem to be no such a thing in place as either replacement of merchant/banker, possible skin change instead of buying new banker or merchant straight up. And lets be honest, who needs 2 merchants or 2 bankers who do the same thing? No one. Seems those were all empty promises unless those new assistants are WAY cheaper, cause 5k is way too much. Maybe they are still gonna give compensation to those who have banker and merchant already, but I wouldnt bet on it. Feeling pretty disappointed at ZOS.

Your logic is flawed. If they just gave you skins for the same price it would work entirely the same. If not worse (it could be a permanent reskin). Once again people complain purely for the sake of complaining.
    Options
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why dont we all just wear uniform grey overalls...logic

not going to lie, that sounds possibly comfy and very efficient!
    "The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality (red pill)
    Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6.04:2.76 as of 1/25/2019

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
    Options
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I won't be buying more bankers/merchants I bought them once for the utility that's it, could not have cared less if they looked like a rotten corpse so long as I could bank/sell stuff when away from town.
    Options
  • 16BitForestCat
    16BitForestCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would have gone back to edit the spelling error now that you pointed it out but your response was so great that I just have to leave it! Meanwhile, I figured out how to add a bunch of banker Alfiqs to the scene. They will be the Andromo Brothers spouses! Dunmer <3 Alfiq!

Now that you mention it, I didn't actually notice your spelling till after I made my reply! :D I just couldn't resist making a canon/cannon pun since I was thinking and talking about the Cannon Travel Brothers due to their being so similar to what you were imagining with the Andromos. :D (And thank you!)

I may not be getting the Alfiq assistants myself just yet, but I can't wait to see the army of Alfiq hanging out with all the Tythises at the writ drop-offs!
    Edited by 16BitForestCat on June 4, 2019 9:27AM
    PC/NA. Alliance agnostic: all factions should chill the fetch out and party together.
    If you ever wonder why certain official fandom spaces are so often toxic, remember: corruption starts from the top.
    Options
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bmnoble wrote: »
    I won't be buying more bankers/merchants I bought them once for the utility that's it, could not have cared less if they looked like a rotten corpse so long as I could bank/sell stuff when away from town.

Hmm zombie bankers …

Not a bad idea.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
    Options
  • dogman
    dogman
    ✭✭✭✭
    Leeched wrote: »
    kathandira wrote: »
    who needs 2 merchants or 2 bankers who do the same thing?

Who needs two mounts which do the same thing? The function remains, but the appearance is different. This can be said for many things in this game.

Well you use your mounts more often than banker/merchant.
    I have 18 chars and like to use a different mount for each of them but why should I want to use a different banker/merchant, when I only summon them once in a while when my chars inventory needs some cleaning?

no u
    i'm just tryna have a good time
    Options
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe they will be on sale, like the current guys were during New life festival. If I remember correctly the price was 3200cr.

But anyway, I hoped for a reskin. The current banker looks like a typical accountant guy - grey, toady and dull. I mean he's like he should be, but I'd prefer a cat. :D
    Options
  • RANKK7
    RANKK7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MattT1988 wrote: »
    Svenja wrote: »
    42531c5579c3c9c2cfa57699557b7fe6.png

As already reported here, there won't be an upgrade function. This is from the AUA with ZOS Devs on reddit.

Offering a cheaper upgrade option for these already overpriced Assistants for people who already forked out for the original assistants wouldn’t of ripped into their *** profit margin. This is just greedy. Poor form ZOS. Poor form.

I agree, it doesn't seems they are particularly bright making such moves, now instead of getting from me the 2.5k Crowns for an Upgrade, they get a big NOTHING.

@ZOS, enjoy the loss for what I'm concerned, gonna summon the old ones for which I paid an amount of 10k crowns and dismiss them in a hurry as I always do once I'm done interacting with them.

lll
    "I really don't know who the **** came off with this change. Definitely somebody who does not play the game, that's for sure".
    lll
    Options
  • IzzyStardust
    IzzyStardust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    reoskit wrote: »
    The one concern I have with the base + skin concept is the outcry there would be for those who've waited to buy a banker/merchant. They'd find that they have to buy the OG *and* the skin to get the Alfiq.

I have no skin (see what I did there) in that game, since I already have the two base, but I think people would be a bit miffed to be made to buy the banker/merchant they don't want and then have to pay to skin them.

So much skinning + cats commentary in here; I'm shocked no one has pointed it out.

Oh boo hoo. Seriously. I would say 5k for assistants and then 1-2k for 'reskins'

because to be honest I cannot stand even looking at my banker - I will likely buy a new one anyway.

EXCEPT if we already own banker GAME MAY NOT ALLOW US to have 2.

What about that?
    Options