Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Alfiq Banker and Merchant

• CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Look, all I wanted was for Tythis (all of them) to stop talking to me, Dunmer dialogue #4 or whatever. I'm guessing the devs couldn't figure it out so we're getting cats instead.

At least cats don't block my view in a dungeon or dolmen.
    Options
  • phwaap
    phwaap
    ✭✭✭
    I love my current assistants. They were the first thing I bought with my ESO+ crowns, and they have changed how I play the game. In the original announcement article for the assistants (https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/25637) ESO specifically justified the higher price, stating that they "will be priced at 5,000 crowns to reflect their unique convenience, group-wide utility, and practical services."
    As someone who desperately wants my banker and merchant to look different, I would love to have Aldmeri Dominion assistants, but they do not feel special enough to justify paying a second time for what ESO has basically stated is convenience.

You love them and they changed how you play and yet you would have held out for two years if only you knew others would be coming? C'mon. The second part is more to the point. The fact is the cosmetics are that special to you or you wouldn't have written a full page plea to the Crown Store. I get it. It's unsettling to see Tythis anywhere. Everyone's going to want an Alfiq.

You've already received the value for your purchase over the past two years and continue to benefit. Skins seem like a great idea to me and could be released regularly. But don't pretend like this is some slight on existing assistant owners.
    Edited by phwaap on June 5, 2019 9:15PM
    Options
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    phwaap wrote: »
    I love my current assistants. They were the first thing I bought with my ESO+ crowns, and they have changed how I play the game. In the original announcement article for the assistants (https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/25637) ESO specifically justified the higher price, stating that they "will be priced at 5,000 crowns to reflect their unique convenience, group-wide utility, and practical services."
    As someone who desperately wants my banker and merchant to look different, I would love to have Aldmeri Dominion assistants, but they do not feel special enough to justify paying a second time for what ESO has basically stated is convenience.

You love them and they changed how you play and yet you would have held out for two years if only you knew others would be coming? C'mon. The second part is more to the point. The fact is the cosmetics are that special to you or you wouldn't have written a full page plea to the Crown Store. I get it. It's unsettling to see Tythis anywhere. Everyone's going to want an Alfiq.

You've already received the value for your purchase over the past two years and continue to benefit. Skins seem like a great idea to me and could be released regularly. But don't pretend like this is some slight on existing assistant owners.

Agree, it's not a 'slight' to current owners.
    I think it boils down to just a cosmetic upgrade, and suggestions have been made (previously, as well as by you in the text I quoted) for a system that lets players buy a 'base-line banker' (for example) with the option to plug cheaper skin modules into the baseline for an option to change the appearance.
    If you have the banker, you could just equip him with a 'disguise' which would be the skin.

That way - anyone happy with the base-line appearance gets the banker, and anyone who wants an upgrade either buys the base-line plus the optional skin(s) or just additional skins to add to their existing banker.

It could end up being a deal where the same banker could have a different skin option available to be plugged in with every DLC, allowing players to buy different skins to plug in as they see fit, all for maybe 1250 crowns each to augment the base-line banker of 5000 crowns.
    Edited by twev on June 5, 2019 9:58PM
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.
    Options
  • Darkenarlol
    Darkenarlol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    long long time ago we had datamines of sweet elf merchant

and imperial banker. for years we had those two of ugly dunmer

and stupid redguard.

now they give us...cats...CATS CARL!!

i don't need friggin CAT instead of cool looking elf girl... booo
    Edited by Darkenarlol on June 5, 2019 10:25PM
    Options
  • Zacuel
    Zacuel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd trade in if I could. I can't shovel out more crowns.

I'm not going to get my hopes up though.
    Options
  • Devanear
    Devanear
    ✭✭✭✭
    I guess we will know for sure in a few hours, they come out tomorrow. Not expecting any miracles though. Those kittens will be 5k a pop for sure. The quote from reddit was pretty clear :(
    Options
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Starting June 6, newbies will be wondering why everybody has cats wearing turbans running after them. LOL! :D
    Options
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit awaits with joy the first screenshot of a dragon being killed by many, many identical alifiq.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
    Options
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit awaits with joy the first screenshot of a dragon being killed by many, many identical alifiq.
    :D I know, right. We already know people won't put them away when they do dolmens, and dolmens will be swarming with alfiqs. I'm so glad I don't do dolmens much any more.
    I love the kitties, I just don't want to be in a dolmen group and click on someone else's kitty by accident when trying to click on dead daedroth or whatever.
    Options
  • aetherial_heavenn
    aetherial_heavenn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it should be treated how the Warden bear is. You should be able to slot what look you want for the Banker but not cost a full amount from when you first buy it. Pay a base cost for the banker and additional for "skins".

This should also be added to Sorc pets as well.
    Or if not skins
    They could make it so we are able to decon our old banker when we purchase a dupe one with the new skin for....maybe a 5000 gems? Or w/e the crown to gem ratio is in game atm on crate rewards. .(just as you get to turn duplicate crown crate collectibles for gems you could do this with the actual assistants. Bye Tythis, hello kitty!)
    Quoted for truth
    "In my experience, the elite ones have not been very toxic, and the toxic ones not very elite." WrathOfInnos
    Options
  • Uryel
    Uryel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I for one would gladly buy an alfiq merchant or banker. I mean, the current banker has an annoying speech impediment : "SSSSSSSSSSpeak with me moment". And the merchant says "bargain" so much that I can't help but say "Dormamu, I've come to bargain !" out loud every time I hear it. My wife is starting to find it slightly annoying, and she is a VERY patient person.

So, alfiqs will be a welcome change, as the lore clearly states that alfiqs are very smart but cannot talk at all.

*plays Elsweyr a bit*

Oh well, so much for that. One more lore point that was gutted by the Rule of Cool.

Dammit.
    Options
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uryel wrote: »
    I for one would gladly buy an alfiq merchant or banker. I mean, the current banker has an annoying speech impediment : "SSSSSSSSSSpeak with me moment". And the merchant says "bargain" so much that I can't help but say "Dormamu, I've come to bargain !" out loud every time I hear it. My wife is starting to find it slightly annoying, and she is a VERY patient person.

So, alfiqs will be a welcome change, as the lore clearly states that alfiqs are very smart but cannot talk at all.

*plays Elsweyr a bit*

Oh well, so much for that. One more lore point that was gutted by the Rule of Cool.

Dammit.

We kept asking for jewelry crafting.
    They finally gave it to us, but the materials to upgrade are rare enough to make upgrading onerous.

Now everyone is on the alfiq train.
    I'd like one, too, but you mention the existing banker/trader voices as 'annoying'.

With ESO's 'habit' of giving us what we ask for - with a twist - I wont be surprised if the alfiq voices/speech they give us on those two models makes my teeth itch.

o:)
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.
    Options
  • Comixfan
    Comixfan
    ✭✭✭
    Well it's confirmed. They're 5000 apiece.

Not even a hint of a discount if you already own the existing banker & merchant.

How incredibly disappointing.
    Options
  • Svenja
    Svenja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Comixfan wrote: »
    Well it's confirmed. They're 5000 apiece.

Not even a hint of a discount if you already own the existing banker & merchant.

How incredibly disappointing.
    That there wouldn't be a discount was already confirmed by ZOS days ago though.

PC | EU

Svea Rochaud | Templar Healer | AD
    Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror - Immortal Redeemer - Tick-Tock-Tormentor - Gryphon Heart - Spirit Slayer
    Options
  • HappyLittleTree
    HappyLittleTree
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sad times indeed. If it were a skin i'd bought it if it were for half the price and requires you to have the banker.

but now i won't no use for a second banker for the same price
    Thuu chakkuth lod Hajhiit c’oo? Hajhiit gortsuquth gorihuth thuu gooluthduj thdeitoluu!

XBox-EU
    Options
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If it's "just" cosmetic difference, why people are crying as if it threatens their lives instead of just using old ones?
    If it's "a whole big, very important and significant" cosmetic difference, it makes paying whole price justified, no?

Mounts also all do the same thing and TBH having a mount is really much more important than having a merchant/banker. Still we happily run to the crown store for one more mount, but somehow visually different assistant is a crime.
    Options
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone know if they stand or sit or do a bit of both yes?

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

Options
  • HanzeeBokeem
    HanzeeBokeem
    ✭✭✭

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

They do all sorts, great in a home or just mooching around .... wonderful animations and numerous lines of dialogue with great voices. They really are adorable.
    Options
  • reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

I'd love a video of them both. Dialogue/VO, animations, placing them in houses, targeting them, the works.

I really want to know if the banker Alfiq runs away like Tythis does.
    Options
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I feel the pain for those of you guys who paid for the original ones. I skipped them even when they were on discount based on the fact that they looked ugly as hell for my tastes.

Don’t be sorry. I got my banker and merchant at a discount a while ago.

And while they are insanely expensive (even at a discount), I use them pretty much every day and they are without doubt the most useful purchases I’ve made. Running round Rimmen Necropolis searching for dead cat giblets with a group, it’s been super useful having them for me and the other group members.

I can see the value of offering reskins, but if I were a cynical old bast*** I would wait for, say, six months to ensure everyone who couldn’t live without cat banker and merchant had coughed up the full amount before pulling in the largely reluctant purchasers with a reskin.

As the Khajiit are won’t to say, “why sell a cheaper thing to someone desperate? Save that for after all the desperate ones have paid”
    Options
  • SolidusPrime
    SolidusPrime
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can anyone tell me when these are dropping? I heard it was yesterday but didn't see them.
    Options
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can anyone tell me when these are dropping? I heard it was yesterday but didn't see them.

They should be in the store now no?

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Options
  • SolidusPrime
    SolidusPrime
    ✭✭✭✭

They should be in the store now no?

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Yep they are there now, thanks!
    Options
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    disappointed again....

cmon @zos! 5k each....grrrrr.
    "The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality (red pill)
    Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6.04:2.76 as of 1/25/2019

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
    Options
  • mateosalvaje
    mateosalvaje
    ✭✭✭✭
    This may be a dumb question, but they are account wide aren't they?
    I've been wrong before, and I'll be wrong again.
    Options
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This may be a dumb question, but they are account wide aren't they?

yes. On the megaserver you purchased them on. (that is, if you buy on NA, they won't be available on the EU server)
    Edited by tmbrinks on June 6, 2019 3:50PM
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,405 achievement points
    Options
  • grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So if you already had the previous banker for example and you bought the cat one as well, can you place both in your house in different locations?
    Options
  • richo262
    richo262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd be fine with the first banker / merch is 5000 crowns (1500 for skin 3500 for function) and every skin after that was 1500.

That is still the price of a DLC dungeon pack :/.
    Options
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    grannas211 wrote: »
    So if you already had the previous banker for example and you bought the cat one as well, can you place both in your house in different locations?
    Yes.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
    Options