The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Alfiq Banker and Merchant

• david_m_18b16_ESO
    david_m_18b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make the old merchant and banker the option you must buy then sell skins for thems. Since its only a re-skin the cost would be lower.

Lets say you own the banker wich is a 5k purchase then you pay for the new one 1k. People who don<t have him well, they have to buy both the old one and the re-skin if they want it too.
    Options
  • YaYaPineapple
    YaYaPineapple
    ✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    I'm the opposite. I like Tythis and hate Nuz. I might be the only person in the entire game who likes Tythis. LOL.

I like Tythis too. I enjoy how satisfied he looks when I deposit piles of gold haha. At least he is always gracious.

Nuz on the other hand... I can't stand her attitude. "Yes??" She acts like she's annoyed when I summon her. Makes me want to smack her.

Options
  • linoge63
    linoge63
    ✭✭✭
    I'd replace that wench merchant in a NY second
    Options
  • ZOS_Ragnar
    ZOS_Ragnar
    admin
    We have removed some nonconstructive comments from this thread. Please ensure your posts abide by the Community Rules.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post
  • mistermacintosh
    mistermacintosh
    ✭✭✭
    Not buying them at that price. Nice to have options, but I'll wait. Already have assistants that work (more or less).

I do want to get them eventually. Something to look forward to, I suppose.
    Legalize Nirnroot!

Mac User, NA Server (CP810+, PVE focused):
    Magicka Templar Ra the Everlasting (Level 50 - Main Character)
    Stamina Sorcerer Khazaka-ri (Level 50 - Crafter)
    Dragonknight Tank Skalda Flamewreath (Level 50)
    Pet Sorcerer Hellias Ocume (Level 50)
    Magicka Necromancer Socelon (Level 4)

Templar Healer Mends-Through-Panic (Level 50)
    Stamina Nightblade Adanna-daro (Level 50)
    Stamina Warden Marely Sprigs (Level 50)
    Stamina Dragonknight Ursula Trollcalmer (Level 50)
    Stamina Necromancer Daengeval (Level 4)

Stamina Templar Cornellus Graves (Level 50)
    Warden Healer Pays-For-Luxury (Level 50)
    Magicka Sorcerer Sophia Flash (Level 50)
    Magicka Dragonknight Cinvalo Aloavel (Level 50)
    Magicka Nightblade Esmerelda the Cruel (Level 50)
    Options
  • BloodLegions
    BloodLegions
    ✭✭
    I dont know about anyone else but I'd happily pay 5k for a banker that doesn't talk. If the alifq banker doesn't mention Alexandra Cornel and the coral heart 50x a day I'm a happy bunny
    Options
  • Fata1moose
    Fata1moose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope they release those datamined merchants/bankers at some point. More options are always welcomed. I would like multiple races to match with a character's faction. It would be nice to have the dark elf banker and a Nord merchant for a EP character for example.
    Edited by Fata1moose on June 7, 2019 2:39AM
    Options
  • Rukia541
    Rukia541
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why didn't they just release the new bank/merch as a skin for like 1k crowns?
    Options
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm the opposite. I like Tythis and hate Nuz. I might be the only person in the entire game who likes Tythis. LOL.

I like Tythis too. I enjoy how satisfied he looks when I deposit piles of gold haha. At least he is always gracious.

Nuz on the other hand... I can't stand her attitude. "Yes??" She acts like she's annoyed when I summon her. Makes me want to smack her.

funny, she's always coming onto my characters.

'anything i can do for you?'

'how may i serve?'
    Options
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rukia541 wrote: »
    Why didn't they just release the new bank/merch as a skin for like 1k crowns?

Skin for what? Bankers/Merchants aren't a base game function like a piece of gear or your character's appearance.

If they did it like you suggest, the cat NPCs would cost even more for people who don't have the other NPCs. No thanks.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
    Options
  • Chelo
    Chelo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Offering the new assistants at a discount to anyone who already has the old assistants would turn a lot of Nopes into Yesses. It would be outright foolish of them not to do so.

However, ZOS does seem to be a company that would often rather sell to a few whales than sell to many proles.

So if you bought a TV from a store and a month later, they have a newer TV, do you ask them if you can get the new TV with a discount because you already bought one there?...

People are so weird on this forum 🤔
    Options
  • Svenja
    Svenja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chelo wrote: »
    Offering the new assistants at a discount to anyone who already has the old assistants would turn a lot of Nopes into Yesses. It would be outright foolish of them not to do so.

However, ZOS does seem to be a company that would often rather sell to a few whales than sell to many proles.

So if you bought a TV from a store and a month later, they have a newer TV, do you ask them if you can get the new TV with a discount because you already bought one there?...

In real life I would be able to sell said TV at almost full price to get the newer one.
    Can I sell Nuzimeh? I think not.
    PC | EU

Svea Rochaud | Templar Healer | AD
    Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror - Immortal Redeemer - Tick-Tock-Tormentor - Gryphon Heart - Spirit Slayer
    Options
  • Chelo
    Chelo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sevomd69 wrote: »
    bluebird wrote: »
    Marginis wrote: »
    While I kind of agree and would like to see a discount for players who already bought the original assistants, I can easily see why ZOS is doing it the way they are. I mean, they don't give a discount on mounts to someone who has already bought another mount. Plus, this way one can put multiple bankers in their player owned homes so that players don't have to run all the way to the other side of the house just to use a banker. Stuff like this is just the nature of the game as far as I can see, as much as I can sympathize.
    The difference is that mounts are a separate cosmetic category and everybody was aware from the start that there would be different versions of mounts in the game, with newer ones added over time. But Assistants are account upgrades.

That's like selling a Character Slot and then years later adding better looking character slots (stupid example I know but just go with it - a character slot with a special cosmetic border around it or whatever :lol:). Or selling storage chests which people buy for their account because of functionality and ZOS later adding different reskins that are more cosmetically appealing.

Price concerns are the main issue here I think - the suggestion people mentioned above that ZOS could sell the banker and merchant at the usual high price for their functionality and then sell skins for them at a lower price would be a better solution imo, and they could continue making money that way with future reskins.

So what you're saying is if ZOS had initially indicated that in the next 5 years or so...we would be getting a new banker and merchant...you would have held off buying the old banker and merchant and gone without it for 5 years...uhhh no...I don't think so...

Well we have a new banker and merchant now... Who would have thought we will have weapon skins in the future? Of course they will create every possible new cosmetic item over time, it's a business after all...
    Options
  • Lisutaris
    Lisutaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can understand the ppl complaining. The alfiqs are very expensive.
    But they do the same as nuzi and tythis, as everyone said, they are simply a "reskin" of an older version.

You don't need them, the older versions do the same. Like with mounts, you don't need them, the standard horse is as good as your 5k crowns mount.
    It's a buy to play game with a ingame shop model... OH MY GOD... they want to make money. Therefore, they introduce stuff that ppl like. They want you to take out your wallets, tell them loud and clear "argh, so expensive, but I have to buy, cuteness overload".

IF this would not work, there are just 2 other options left:
    + more pay to win, because they want you to spend money
    + make new stuff better, with same or higher price, because ppl are crying around and not buying. Hopefully, not as bad as pay to win, but let's say "alfiqs can repair and give you access to guild/bank/store. --> makes old banker/merchant more useless. (for example, -25% discount on nuzi/tythis - 5k each for new ones... bam!)
    --> WOULD YOU BE HAPPY ? You don't agree ? Then don't buy.

(I'am also grinding my teeth about the price, but it's for the guildhome and we want 4 assistants, *sigh*)
    Edited by Lisutaris on June 7, 2019 5:44AM
    Options
  • Chelo
    Chelo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Facefister wrote: »
    Because ZoS released more CS stuff than actual content the past 6 months. While other MMOs release the quadruple amount of actual content at the same time. But its all good, I have my dragons and my kitties and voiced quests.

So did you already completed all the content the game has to offer? Every achievement? Everything? 🤔
    Options
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the old merchant and banker which cost a lot imo but were well worth it.
    I bought crowns when they were on special so I can buy the Elsweyr house I really like a lot.
    If I buy the merchant and banker because I love how they look and also because they make sense to me...they match and they would fit in with my whole khajiit theme as my main is you know.....then I can't afford the house.
    I already bought a costume and emotes ..if i'd had some warning .....😢😭😭😭😭

Can someone pls link a pic of how they look in your house ? Thank you
    Edited by wishlist14 on June 7, 2019 5:51AM
    Options
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make the old merchant and banker the option you must buy then sell skins for thems. Since its only a re-skin the cost would be lower.

Lets say you own the banker wich is a 5k purchase then you pay for the new one 1k. People who don<t have him well, they have to buy both the old one and the re-skin if they want it too.

I agree, a reskin for our old ones would be great pls zos.
    Options
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Leeched wrote: »
    kathandira wrote: »
    who needs 2 merchants or 2 bankers who do the same thing?

Who needs two mounts which do the same thing? The function remains, but the appearance is different. This can be said for many things in this game.

Well you use your mounts more often than banker/merchant.
    I have 18 chars and like to use a different mount for each of them but why should I want to use a different banker/merchant, when I only summon them once in a while when my chars inventory needs some cleaning?

So it sounds like you are saying you don't need an alternate appearance for your merchant or banker.
    Options
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Plenty of stores allow you to do just that. For the utterly obvious reason that they don't want to alienate customers by making them feel ripped off. They'll honor new sales prices on recent purchases as well. It's not just treating people well (though it is treating people well); it's simply good business.
    Edited by MasterSpatula on June 7, 2019 6:01AM
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
    Options
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Since trade-in are common for all sorts of products, that must mean that your analogy is saying that people should get a discount, right?

Why do so many fall back on superficial analogies like this?
    Options
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The thing is, these forums are meant to be for each and every individual eso player to voice their own opinions about the thread not to challenge every player that comments about the thread subject. This is where the furums boundaries are so blurred imo.
    Options
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Im just sick of my banker socializing more than banking.
    Options
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I might be the only person in the entire game who likes Tythis. LOL.
    You are not alone ... I also like Tythis.

IMO bankers, houses, mounts, pets... they are all convenience/vanity items. I don't *need* any of those to play the game. I still do like them, though, as I'm a hunter and collector and the character styling/housing part is my personal endgame.
    Now when I already own one, say, in-game house of notable size and see another one of comparable size I really like *and* my treasury secretary nods, I buy it. If one of those conditions is not met, then I don't buy it. It's as simple as that. I don't expect a discount just because I already own another house I can decorate... and I don't feel bankers are different. Sure, they have a different function, but it all boils down to 'is it worth it for me'.

And I'm not salty when an item I already bought for the full price is on sale for less some time later, or given away for free.
    So what?
    If I bought it for the full price on day x, it obviously was worth that price, or I wouldn't have bought it.
    A friend of mine worries so much that she can't sleep anymore if she happens to buy, say, a shirt for the full price and then discovers that there was a 50 ct discount on the same article a month later.

PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
    Options
  • Comixfan
    Comixfan
    ✭✭✭
    Svenja wrote: »
    Comixfan wrote: »
    Well it's confirmed. They're 5000 apiece.

Not even a hint of a discount if you already own the existing banker & merchant.

How incredibly disappointing.
    That there wouldn't be a discount was already confirmed by ZOS days ago though.

I didn't see any mention of that.

It's still very disappointing that ZOS didn't give any consideration to players that have the existing banker/merchant and may want to have the cats instead, especially given how expensive they are to purchase.
    Options
  • Comixfan
    Comixfan
    ✭✭✭
    Nairinhe wrote: »
    If it's "just" cosmetic difference, why people are crying as if it threatens their lives instead of just using old ones?
    If it's "a whole big, very important and significant" cosmetic difference, it makes paying whole price justified, no?

Mounts also all do the same thing and TBH having a mount is really much more important than having a merchant/banker. Still we happily run to the crown store for one more mount, but somehow visually different assistant is a crime.

The issue is that there's a significant price difference between mounts and assistants, so buying a new assistant is not the same as buying a new mount because assistants are so much more expensive.

Options
  • Solid_Metal
    Solid_Metal
    ✭✭✭✭
    kathandira wrote: »
    who needs 2 merchants or 2 bankers who do the same thing?

Who needs two mounts which do the same thing? The function remains, but the appearance is different. This can be said for many things in this game.

exactly this, this thread basically "i don't want to spend 10k for new blink blink kitty cat assistant which have the same exact function but just different skin, but man i would love to have those"

give compensation?, really?, then it should be applicable to every single mount, costume, etc that people bought but don't want it anymore

i honestly confuse what you complaining about, its expensive ?,of course it is, and its fair, people who don't buy the previous assistant can buy the new one with the same exact price what you pay last time, hell, if its cheaper than we have issues, because they have the same exact function, nothing different
    Edited by Solid_Metal on June 7, 2019 7:50AM
    "i will walk through the fog, as i welcome death"
    Options
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps if the price was nearer to the price of a mount more travellers might be tempted no?

If they had been 3,000 crowns this one would have gladly bought them both. As it is just the banker for this one. Tythis finally gets to go and 'retire' at Farmer Puddle's Sugar Farm …

So this one overall spent less crowns than if they had both been cheaper. Perhaps they do not want our crowns after all?

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
    Options
  • duncan_cougarpreeb18_ESO
    blnchk wrote: »
    It's just been confirmed by Rich Lambert during ZOS' AMA on Reddit:
    There is no upgrade feature or program for the banker/merchant.
    Question is, why not? Certainly would be willing to shell out up to 1000 or so Crowns for the pleasure of firing Tythis Andromo as the banker for the pleasure of getting into the servitude of our Alfiq Overlords.

Options
  • lardvader
    lardvader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not surprised but a bit disappointed they're not cheaper. Can't buy them at this price when I already have working ones.

With 50% discount I would probably buy them straight away. At least the banker <3
    CP 1200+ PC EU EP
    Options
  • Sega4life
    Sega4life
    ✭✭
    The old assistants are the same price as the new assistants... So I am not sure why everyone is upset. If you paid the same amount for the old assistants .... Why would they make it cheaper? That would make everyone who paid full price upset for having older model assistants. It would not be fair.
    Options