The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Zaan not Proccing on Sunspire Bosses

SaintSubwayy
SaintSubwayy
✭✭✭✭✭
Zaan icannot proc on the bosses in Sunspire.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
Platform PC EU

Edited by SaintSubwayy on May 23, 2019 11:03AM
PC EU
vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    Platform PC EU

Well, my guess is that it´s due to the fact that the "hitbox" of where the boss is, is too far away for Zaan to connect in the first place.

I´ve the same issues when using crescent sweep on my magplar, neither the initial hit or the pulses are hitting the boss.

But agree that this should be fixed.
    Edited by Qbiken on May 23, 2019 11:45AM
  • Suddwrath
    Suddwrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Alkosh has the same issue. You basically have to be right up to the ring beneath the boss for it to hit, which is bad for the tank because it knocks them back and drops their block. It's pretty risky just to activate a synergy for the proc.
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SaltySudd wrote: »
    Alkosh has the same issue. You basically have to be right up to the ring beneath the boss for it to hit, which is bad for the tank because it knocks them back and drops their block. It's pretty risky just to activate a synergy for the proc.

if you have to get close to the ring, then you may slot alkosh on a stamina DD, cause the DD will stand on the edge of the AOE ring underneath th eboss....its not great in terms of DMG, but it should help with overall group DPS
    (Alkosh dmg aint super bad, ofc no relequen but still better for the group)
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I feel like many melee range abilities have issues in Sunspire because of the bosses hitbox, Im not entirely sure About solar Barrage yet since I also use it on adds but the number of hits if you stand at the head of the fire boss seems really low.
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sanguinor2 wrote: »
    I feel like many melee range abilities have issues in Sunspire because of the bosses hitbox, Im not entirely sure About solar Barrage yet since I also use it on adds but the number of hits if you stand at the head of the fire boss seems really low.

cant confirm this on my magDK everything meele or aoes lands as usual, except for zaan :/

Fierybreath (which comes the closest to barrage) works fine and uptimes from the eso-älog confirms this.
    PC EU

• ErMurazor
    ErMurazor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zaan is bugged. It didnt even proc on my dummy last night
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ErMurazor wrote: »
    Zaan is bugged. It didnt even proc on my dummy last night

interessting, neeed to test that
    cuase zaan procced for me on first vSS boss on the storm attros 3 times, but never on ice attro nor the boss :tired_face:
    PC EU

• ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Hey all, just confirming that we've seen this and are investigating. The team does believe the issue is with the Zaan set, as @ErMurazor surmised, and not the boss hitboxes.
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, there definitely is something funky with the hit boxes, though, since Alkosh from tanks pretty much doesn't hit the boss.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    code65536 wrote: »
    Well, there definitely is something funky with the hit boxes, though, since Alkosh from tanks pretty much doesn't hit the boss.

That's very possible as a separate thing, and we can look into it. The Zaan set is having an issue, though.
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Liko
    Liko
    ✭✭✭
    For what it's worth, the warden bear's crushing swipe also has the same issue - precisely zero hits on the dragons over a whole fight (whereas they do this attack fine to other mobs in the encounters). The bear's other two attacks, Swipe and Guardian's Savagery seem to hit at a normal rate though.

Seems like at this rate there could be a whole list of attacks that need to be looked at individually, if it is not an issue with the dragon hit boxes.
    DD with Blind Luck and Hodor, PC EU

My Youtube
  • Suddwrath
    Suddwrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »

That's very possible as a separate thing, and we can look into it. The Zaan set is having an issue, though.

Please do. The tanks currently have to get so close to the boss for Alkosh to hit that the boss will knock them back and drop their block. It's pretty risky and doesn't seem to be intended since Engulfing Flames hits the bosses just fine and that skill has about the same hitbox as the Alkosh proc.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    Platform PC EU

Well, my guess is that it´s due to the fact that the "hitbox" of where the boss is, is too far away for Zaan to connect in the first place.

I´ve the same issues when using crescent sweep on my magplar, neither the initial hit or the pulses are hitting the boss.

@Qbiken Crescent works fine if you aim for the dragon’s head, it has its own hitbox. I don’t think that trick works for Alkosh though, and not sure about Zaan.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    Platform PC EU

@Qbiken Crescent works fine if you aim for the dragon’s head, it has its own hitbox. I don’t think that trick works for Alkosh though, and not sure about Zaan.

@WrathOfInnos
    That would make some sense, but something I've noticed is that there's no real consistency on where my character will attack, sometimes it will attack the thorax (even if I specially face the head of the dragon) of the dragon and sometimes it will attack the head. Is there anyway I can somewhat control this because at the moment it feels like my character does abit how she wants in those fights :/
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Qbiken I definitely know what you mean, things like light attacks and Radiant Oppression seem to randomly target either the head or the body, not that it really matters. I was just pointing out the hitboxes for general positioning to hit with Crescent. It seems pretty easy to hit the head with it if you are relatively close to the tank, might be hard to hit at all if you are opposite side of the dragon from the tank.
  • Suddwrath
    Suddwrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    An update from Finn on the Alkosh hitboxes on the dragons:
    ZOS_Finn wrote: »
    I believe the Combat team is taking a look at these reports.
  • saf227_ESO
    saf227_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bump.
    This is still a thing. Zaan not proc ing on Dragons in SunSpire. Any update?
    PC NA
  • gatekeeper13
    gatekeeper13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I know this is an old thread but I ll post here so that I dont make a new one. Did Sunspire yesterday. Zaan just wouldnt proc on bosses or the proc rate was insanely low. I remember doing 130 light attacks against Yolna and proc rate was 0%, it never fired.. Did similar light attacks against Nahviintass and Zaan was 0.1% of my total damage. And I was standing right in front of them, less than 8 meters away. On the other hand, Zaan proc like crazy against adds.

Zaan works flawlessly in other dungeons or trials.
    Edited by gatekeeper13 on February 14, 2020 9:20AM
  • magnusthorek
    magnusthorek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm really against using "Renewing Animate" this topic (kk) but 10 months later and this is still an issue? I was only told about this today during my first successful vSS run (yay) since I was unaware 'cause Zaan always worked fine.

I also don't like pinging employees but this is a serious issue for melee classes against stationary bosses. So, can you intermediate the situation, @ZOS_JessicaFolsom?
    I am the very model of a scientist Salarian, I've studied species Turian, Asari, and Batarian.
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology).
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian, I am the very model of a Scientist Salarian.
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah they're not going to fix it after all this time.
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It has something to do with the dragon's hitbox being the head or something like that, which makes the targeting all wonky. I don't ever expect a fix, either.
  • SeaUnicorn
    SeaUnicorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same issue with any other tether sets, Vateshran resto tether breaks if you step just few steps away from the dragon.
  • CristiC
    CristiC
    ✭✭✭
    Both Zaan and Grothdarr are not proccing on any dragons, while outside the dragons ring. These sets ignore the head, wing and tail hitboxes. The only way to proc them is going inside the ring and hit the belly of the beast. Grothdarr used to proc with no problem, but when it got the minimum 8m proc radius, it became useless. Using Domihaus in the mean time, as ring is confirmed to hit.
  • neomvll
    neomvll
    About sunspire dragons, zaan cant proc and daedric tomb(sorc) is extremely rare to hit the giant big bugged dragon hitbox.

An older post here:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/478778/sunspire-bosses-hitbox-issue-daedric-tomb

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom any news about this hitbox bug?
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This post is originally from May 2019 and ZoS has known all this time that it is an issue and nothing's been done.

It doesn't allow people to solo a dungeon so it's not going to be changed.