The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.1 maintenance and is currently unavailable.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/657287/pts-incremental-patch-maintenance-extended-april-22-2024

About that "magic" shield when I block now...

• Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of all errors affecting the game play this is the least of worries. Move on.
    The wind is cold where I live,
    The blizzard is my home,
    Snow and ice and loaded dice, the Wizard lives alone.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This thread is from 2016
  • Stoltverd
    Stoltverd
    ✭✭✭

The difference is that errors and bugs need testing and contrary to popular belief are many times hard to code.
    This however needs code to be ERASED, and since they added it...
  • MacCait
    MacCait
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This isn't an error, it was something that was added to the game. It didn't always used to be this way. When you used to block, there was NO animation of a gigantic magic shield blocking your view.

There are tons of stuff to work on in this game, including errors... that does not mean players are not entitled to discuss it and state that this could be implemeneted in a different, less obtrusive way. :)
  • Mattock_Romulus
    Mattock_Romulus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I stopped using block after this change.
  • BlissfulDeluge
    BlissfulDeluge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please ZOS, make this a thing
    Former completionist with all achievements unlocked up until Update 29 (Flames of Ambition). Avid RPer, writer, and former Breton lover. Then Legacy of the Bretons was released and I realized just how boring and uninspired the Bretons are according to the writers.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They think were all idiots. I know when im blocking and dont need to see that ***.
    Although i still keep sending them money and my ping gets worse every year.
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Holy necro thread, Batman!

Before you lock this- seriously, send word to the Devs that the damn shield animation will get stuck in front of you... even when you’re not blocking.
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These people who do this stuff are actually the most toxic tho.
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
  • ZOS_RikardD
    ZOS_RikardD
    admin
    Greetings,

This topic was originally created in April 2016 and while we may have added Necromancers to ESO, we still do not permit them on the forums so we will be closing this thread.

Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.