The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

About that "magic" shield when I block now...

• Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »
    I kind of like it :D

Would be nice to get Cash Shop stuff that can alter its appearance, make my character stand out from the rest a bit more.

I kinda agree on that. Right now it is glass style shield texture, they could add in Crownstore different textures for blocking. Like, I don't like current texture and wanna toggle it off, but I would definetly toggle it on if it was, for example, emblem of House Dagoth/Redoran/ALMSIVI texture in front of me. @ZOS_JessicaFolsom how about to do it for Vvardenfell dlc? From option that kill RP to option that will promote RP.
    Edited by Cinbri on June 3, 2016 6:01AM
  • Stoltverd
    Stoltverd
    ✭✭✭
    OMG
    Are you guys really suggesting that an unwanted, ugly, intrussive feature should be monetized??
    How many times did your moms drop you when you were babies????

Have you even checked how it looks in first person????

What will you suggest now??? That the color of the ugly bow indicator should be costumizable but for crowns????
    Edited by Stoltverd on June 4, 2016 5:38PM
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can we get "hide blocking clue" option already?
    Zenimax, please.
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • Stoltverd
    Stoltverd
    ✭✭✭
    Since there has been no answer from any dev. Despite the massive amount of complaints in the PTS forums BEFORE both the indicators went live, and AFTER they went live despite the complaints...
    I'm making a bump.
  • Wildx1337
    Wildx1337
    ✭✭
    Yea I agree there should be an option to disable this shield indicator :/
  • Stoltverd
    Stoltverd
    ✭✭✭
    Oh hi. Don't mind me. i'm just making a bump
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate the blocking shield icon as well. It should be gone or at the very least make it a toggle.
  • Stoltverd
    Stoltverd
    ✭✭✭
    REALLY?????
    JUST finished reading the patch notes.
    This wasn't even aknowledged? Damn ZOS... For how long will you keep ignoring us???
  • Stoltverd
    Stoltverd
    ✭✭✭
    :( ZOS. PLS
  • TheSpaceWhale
    TheSpaceWhale
    ✭✭
    Yeah, really disappointed not to see this in the notes... I had been hoping since there's been total radio silence they were just going to slip in a quiet toggle, like they added it without comment in the first place.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom seriously, just a response would be nice.
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dark Patch Notes show me the Block Indicator Toggle.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • TheSpaceWhale
    TheSpaceWhale
    ✭✭
    Recremen wrote: »
    Dark Patch Notes show me the Block Indicator Toggle.

...Huh?
  • Stoltverd
    Stoltverd
    ✭✭✭
    @Recremen What are you talking about? There is no toggle, and no patch notes indicating a future toggle.
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stoltverd wrote: »
    @Recremen What are you talking about? There is no toggle, and no patch notes indicating a future toggle.

@Stoltverd sorry yeah, that's what that copy pasta is supposed to indicate. The format goes: "Dark _______ show me the [thing which should be readily available but is curiously elusive]". It is apparently not as popular a copy pasta as I'd originally thought.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Stoltverd
    Stoltverd
    ✭✭✭
    Well, it was even more obscure taking into account the dark brotherhood patch that introduced it lol.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom PLEAAAAAAAAAAASEEEEEEEEEEEEE notice us senpai
  • Stoltverd
    Stoltverd
    ✭✭✭
    Oh my! such a bump!
  • Craziux
    Craziux
    ✭✭✭
    In PvP, sure, it might be helpfull. But for us who enjoy roleplaying in PvE, or taking screenshots etc showing your shield or weapons while you block, it kinda makes you not want to block at all, atleast for some of us.

Please make it toggleable Zenimax, thank you.
    [Outfits] Hide More Armor Slots?
    Cast your vote and make it happen!

,<* 1200+ CP EU/PC *>,
    ,<* Explorer of Tamriel since Beta *>,
    Hours spent in-game: 7500+ #NoLife
    AD:
    Valp - Sorc DD
    Valp Stud - DK Tank
    Bad Argonian - Temp Heal

DC:
    Shu-Chi - PvP Warden

EP:
    Craziux - PvP NB
  • Stoltverd
    Stoltverd
    ✭✭✭
    They don't care...
    Know how many month we had to *** just for it to be removed from first person?

Their design team seems to be divided... And stupid.
    On one side we have all this *** seeking to make ESO feel like other TES games... Things like one tamriel, a *** of emotes, the leveling system etc. But immediately after they make the name tags show user names, blocking IN *** PVE WHERE NO NPC CAN SEE IT shows a fugly magic shield, holding a heavy attack with the bow makes it remove all textures and be replaced by a white glow and many other things.

They have NO IDEA where they want the game to go.
    Me, my friends and my guild stopped playing because of this "feature". I still come to the forums from time to time in the hope of seeing this kind of thing removed...
  • Kendaric
    Kendaric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Stoltverd It gets worse, a lot worse... look at the visuals of the weapon ultimates. They light your character up like a christmas tree, that's something I'd expect from some asian grind MMO but not ESO. Fortunately I don't have to use the weapon ultimates...
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
    • TipsyDrow
      TipsyDrow
      ✭✭✭✭
      I am not a fan of any of these glowy ridiculously hideous addon special affects to the skills. Give us toggles to turn this garbage off.
      Oooh, what do we have here? Another scrumptious young plaything straight out of life and into my club? Mmm... you smell new, little boy, like fabric softener dew on freshly mowed Astroturf. Oh, I'm not frightening you, am I, duckling?
      Love, Mistress Pigtails
    • Stoltverd
      Stoltverd
      ✭✭✭
      Kendaric wrote: »
      @Stoltverd It gets worse, a lot worse... look at the visuals of the weapon ultimates. They light your character up like a christmas tree, that's something I'd expect from some asian grind MMO but not ESO. Fortunately I don't have to use the weapon ultimates...

At least wewe can choose to use or not the weapons ultimates...
      But block and heavy attack? You can't play if you don't use them.
      Zenimax doesn't know if they want a TES game or a Korean MMO
      Edited by Stoltverd on September 14, 2016 8:42PM
    • Craziux
      Craziux
      ✭✭✭
      * Bump

They really need to fix this issue.

A (On/Off) Option is needed for the blocking indicator, or the removal of this thing, because sometimes a new "feature" isn't the best for the game, I believe this is one of those. I don't mind most of the changes done to the game, but this Giant Magic Floating Glowthing takes the cake. Nobody wanted or asked for it, and we still don't want it.
      [Outfits] Hide More Armor Slots?
      Cast your vote and make it happen!

,<* 1200+ CP EU/PC *>,
      ,<* Explorer of Tamriel since Beta *>,
      Hours spent in-game: 7500+ #NoLife
      AD:
      Valp - Sorc DD
      Valp Stud - DK Tank
      Bad Argonian - Temp Heal

DC:
      Shu-Chi - PvP Warden

EP:
      Craziux - PvP NB
    • DoctorESO
      DoctorESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      It's for the people attacking you so they can see when you are blocking.
    • pelennor_fields
      pelennor_fields
      ✭✭✭
      Still waiting for a toggle. And a toggle on crosshairs would be nice too.
    • WakeYourGhost
      WakeYourGhost
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Necromancy is frowned on in Tamriel. Please, reconsider your partnership with the Worm Cult.
    • LegendaryOaks
      LegendaryOaks
      ✭✭✭
      It should only be a thing for shields and frost staves or change it in a way so we can upload our own custom image to show instead of the shield.
      Full Time Shitposter
    • Stoltverd
      Stoltverd
      ✭✭✭
      DoctorESO wrote: »
      It's for the people attacking you so they can see when you are blocking.

That's bullcrap... Or just ignorance.
      You see, this was introduced FOR PVE in the dark brotherhood patch.
      BEFORE that, it was already in FIR PVP. So... Tell me... Who can attack you outside of PVP?
      Also... I don't know about you, but I can tell someone is blocking just by looking at them I don't need Korean MMO style fireworks to notice.
    • MacCait
      MacCait
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Seeing as this got necro'd... I still agree, the magic shield to show you are blocking really does break immersion and looks terrible.

2 easy fixes could be:

1. add a toggle as others have mentioned
      2. change the image to a glow... similar to the dodge roll effect.

Overall a massive and terrible looking image in front of you every time you block is just intrusive
      Edited by MacCait on March 7, 2018 5:28AM
    • Stoltverd
      Stoltverd
      ✭✭✭
      MacCait wrote: »
      Seeing as this got necro'd... I still agree, the magic shield to show you are blocking really does break immersion and looks terrible.

2 easy fixes could be:

Overall a massive and terrible looking image in front of you every time you block is just intrusive

I think it's better to revive an old thread if it's still relevant than to start a new one
    • MacCait
      MacCait
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Stoltverd wrote: »
      MacCait wrote: »

2 easy fixes could be:

I think it's better to revive an old thread if it's still relevant than to start a new one

I agree... it shows the issue is still relevant and players are still wanting a change
    This discussion has been closed.