The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Please ZOS, don't force me to cancel my subscription for something so silly.

• Sailor_Palutena
    Sailor_Palutena
    ✭✭✭✭
    Katheriah wrote: »
    I'd prefer to use the random finder since it is the purpose of the system.

You mean the system that gives you a random dungeon from every possible dungeon, following the whole idea of that random dungeon finder? The system that you want changed on the other random point. :#
    You are missing the point as well.

I could unsubscribe to be able to have a random dungeon finder free of DLC dungeons. But, I like almost all the subscription features except this one. Hence why the title of the topic. Did you even read it before posting?
  • Sailor_Palutena
    Sailor_Palutena
    ✭✭✭✭
    Obviously, many people don't like the harder/longer content. And that's their right. Or better said, our right, since I belong to those people.
    The question is rather, why do you do random dungeons ? There's nothing interesting in the rewards (besides, maybe, transmutation crystals ?). CPs ? They're dead anyway. The max level is frozen and the system will be changed. With the diminishing returns, your character will be more or less equal with 600 or 800 CPs. Just stop doing random dungeons. That's my suggestion. Considering the time people spend around tricking the random finder, they can gather the same XP elsewhere...

RDF gives 100k XP, with the enlightned bonus it is 400k, enough for 1 CP per day. Well if the system is going away like you are saying, perhaps, I can see it differently upon next expansion release.
  • Sailor_Palutena
    Sailor_Palutena
    ✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    [It is comprehensible regardless of the game requiring subscriptions or not. It is also irrelevant if you want to do the DLC content or not as I provided a solution to your request. You just opt out of the DLCs and get a lesser reward. What is not comprehensible is your argument about the solution that you actually ask for.

What is not likely is Zos giving you an option to opt out of the DLC dungeons when queueing for a random without provided a better reward for those who opt in for DLC dungeons. It lacks logic to think otherwise and if watching YouTube is your answer to getting a DLC dungeon then good for you. Hope you like watching others play the game.

Pretty sure jim gets the point. It seem more that you just want to argue with anyone who does not have the exact same opinion and thought on the matter that you do.
    First of all I didn't dismiss his idea of changing the rewards. I just said it isn't the solution I mentioned which is just a checkbox to opt out of the dungeons. Doesn't matter how ZoS do it, as long as they do.

The part of youtube, man, i think you read the text too fast and got all lost. I said I would watch a random YT video while waiting for the 10 minute lockdown to end. But it could be anything else, for example: eating a sandwich or playing cards.

Also, no, you are wrong about the last part. I don't mind if they think otherwise, I just want to know what the problem with ZOS adding an extra option. Its like someone asking for them to add a mount and people here saying that the game has too many mounts already.
    Edited by Sailor_Palutena on May 20, 2019 3:07AM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [It is comprehensible regardless of the game requiring subscriptions or not. It is also irrelevant if you want to do the DLC content or not as I provided a solution to your request. You just opt out of the DLCs and get a lesser reward. What is not comprehensible is your argument about the solution that you actually ask for.

What is not likely is Zos giving you an option to opt out of the DLC dungeons when queueing for a random without provided a better reward for those who opt in for DLC dungeons. It lacks logic to think otherwise and if watching YouTube is your answer to getting a DLC dungeon then good for you. Hope you like watching others play the game.

Pretty sure jim gets the point. It seem more that you just want to argue with anyone who does not have the exact same opinion and thought on the matter that you do.
    First of all I didn't dismiss his idea of changing the rewards. I just said it isn't the solution I mentioned which is just a checkbox to opt out of the dungeons. Doesn't matter how ZoS do it, as long as they do.

The part of youtube, man, i think you read the text too fast and got all lost. I said I would watch a random YT video while waiting for the 10 minute lockdown to end. But it could be anything else, for example: eating a sandwich or playing cards.

Also, no, you are wrong about the last part. I don't mind if they think otherwise, I just want to know what the problem with ZOS adding an extra option. Its like someone asking for them to add a mount and people here saying that the game has too many mounts already.

1, The solution I mentioned is in direct relation to what you requested. That was extremely clear. I think I was also extremely clear that it would be extremely unlikely Zos implement your idea as prese tented, and why.

2. I fully understood what you meant by watching YouTube. If you want to game the system like that if is your choice and I could care less. I tend to want to play the game during the time I set aside for such activities.

3. And again, It is you that is wrong and jim seems to get the point. I made this point very clear and accurate in my last post. It is you that seems to miss the point more than anything.

Have a good day as I am tired of such a pointless discussion. I will let you have the last word and I pretty much know it will be much of the same as you have already. Cheers.
    Edited by idk on May 20, 2019 4:00AM
  • Grandesdar
    Grandesdar
    ✭✭✭
    No, please no. If you want no DLC random get a low guildie to queue with you or someone without Eso plus.
    It's taking already long to queue in DLC dungeons for farming. Not everyone has a group of friends to farm with them.
    Main: The Charismatic StamDK DD
    Side: A Handsome Warden Healer
    Side: (upcoming) Stam Necro DD
    CP: 680
    EU PSN: Style3513
  • Sailor_Palutena
    Sailor_Palutena
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have a good day as I am tired of such a pointless discussion. I will let you have the last word and I pretty much know it will be much of the same as you have already. Cheers.
    Thanks.

Now to summarize my thoughts:
    On World of Warcraft you can select a few Dungeons or Battlegrounds to skip in dungeon/battleground finder.
    I see no problem in not have it here as well.

Actually, @Grandesdar you were the only one to give a good excuse. Yeah it would be 50/50 it would be bad for people who farm DLC. They will keep forcing subscribers to do the DLC dungeons. Meaning that not everyone likes to do them.

Offtopic:
    I find funny when there is always people who stand for the status quo.

- What about flying mounts? NO!
    - What about diving deep sea? NO!
    - What about having options? HELL NO!

I'm done.
  • Grandesdar
    Grandesdar
    ✭✭✭
    @Sailor_Palutena Glad I could give you another perspective. If options doesnt affect others I'm all in, but in this case it would be pretty inconvenient.

For example, I've been trying to farm Scalecaller for Jorvulds, it takes more than 20 minutes in the most crowded hours. I marked scalecaller pledge days on my calendar so I try to farm them during those if I'm available. I have yet to go in to Frostvault or DoM, even for once. But if there was a chance, I'd love flying/jumping mounts or deep sea diving.
    Main: The Charismatic StamDK DD
    Side: A Handsome Warden Healer
    Side: (upcoming) Stam Necro DD
    CP: 680
    EU PSN: Style3513
  • poleth1984
    poleth1984
    ✭✭
    you could just do specific dungeons and click all the ones you want to be possible. i dont really see why you would threaten to unsub for this.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    poleth1984 wrote: »
    you could just do specific dungeons and click all the ones you want to be possible. i dont really see why you would threaten to unsub for this.

Wouldn't work. People doing random dungeons do it for XP. Only the true RANDOM feature will give the consequent XP bonus. It's true that non-subscriber get a significant unfair advantage by having DLC dungeons automatically removed from the random dungeon finder.

OP isn't "threatening to unsubscribe" for the sake of unsubbing, but says he/she might have to unsubscribe in order to avoid DLC dungeons in the random dungeon finder which he/she needs to run for the sake of XP.

• Sailor_Palutena
    Sailor_Palutena
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am a woman. :)

But yeah, I will stick subscribed because the pros beat the cons. I vented my unsatisfaction though.
    Edited by Sailor_Palutena on May 20, 2019 10:37PM
  • Ri_Khan
    Ri_Khan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From someone who bought all the dlc's and is now stuck with having to deal with them even without a sub, I would definitely love the option to turn them off on the dungeon finder.
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The more I think about this, the more I am convinced that a third option with an additional reward for DLC vs 'classic' dungeons would help significantly.

Simply allowing the option to exclude DLC whenever you want would result in not enough people queuing for DLC.

However, if there was an incentive that was JUST enough to entice people who have enough time, it would help divide the line between people who HATE DLCs always and people who sometimes don't mind them but sometimes just don't have the time.

I am often in the latter category. I frequently queue for DLCs or randoms where I know I might get a DLC. My play time is specific (~7am - noon EST, on Sat and Sun). At 7am, I'll do any DLC. At 11:30am, I want a classic dungeon.

I have seen lots of groups try way too long to try and complete HM just for the extra key. Get the reward right, and we'll have like-minded individuals pursuing DLCs on a more regular basis, and none of us will have to drop group and face a queue penalty just for being honest about the time we have available to play.

There are so many cool things they could do. % of chance for a perfect roe. An extra key. % of change for an apex radiant mount. (PvP folks would not be happy, but how cool would it be to give a chance to win those mounts from an in game activity?) Gems. Introduction of a new currency, like transmute crystals, that upon collection of 50 or 100 or even 500 allows you to choose the weapon of your choice at the end of a dungeon. (I have farmed SP and CoA I way too long for the Jorvuld's lightning staff and the BSW fire staff.) Gold jewelry which can be broken down for mats. Gold jewelry mats. A chance for the same furniture patterns you can get when doing crafting writs. A chance for rarer motifs.

Really there are so many possibilities. I would not view any of those as being unfair, but rather as adding an additional way to obtain something that helps maintain incentive to learn and participate in the more difficult dungeons.

Want a quicker run? No problem, but the reward is less.

Also I think, while CP points aren't everything, it might be a good idea to raise eligibility slightly for number of CP points you must have to participate in a DLC dungeon. While some people with low CP can make the grade, usually those folks aren't experienced enough to enjoy the dungeon, which just discourages them from ever trying again before they really are ready to even participate for the first time. The level could even be different for accounts with a higher maximum character with completed achievement vs not.

Edited by peacenote on May 22, 2019 3:17AM
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.
  • Sailor_Palutena
    Sailor_Palutena
    ✭✭✭✭
    I decided to invite low level guildies to come with me as healer. So I carry a couple of dps or a tank, and make sure the faster dungeons will be most of the time the picked one. I know it has been suggested here, but I was leaving that for a last resource.

As for the post above, for extra prizes, I would probably stand the hassle.