Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Eidetic Memory Bugs/Comments/Help, Volume Two

• BrightOblivion
    BrightOblivion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @mystfit Thanks for confirming that! I'm glad you found it relatively quickly. I'm fairly certain the other locations are accurate as well, given that I've found a whole lot of the ones mentioned as being in Summerset from randomly checking bookshelves there.

There were no new fixes mentioned in this week's PTS patch notes, and my weekly check for Updated Instructions from Dortene, Information Request from Emeric, and Tome of the Undaunted turned up no changes there. I also did a deep dive into the last ten or so pages of the old thread (so, basically back to the time before Summerset dropped). Near as I could tell, it seems as though they might have been in a bookshelf at one point (possibly in Hew's Bane) and then removed, likely because it just doesn't make sense to have them there, both because the Tome and DC books have nothing to do with Thieves Guild, and because it would necessitate buying a completely different DLC to have access to it (something I'm not really a fan of, despite buying all of them). Which means that yes, these books still need to be fixed.

I haven't gone through Summerset to check the books that have been reported there, and I don't have the time right now to run through enough of Murkmire in order to check those two books. If anyone has an update there, please let me know. That said, I think we'll have to wait until at least next week to see any new fixes.
    Edited by BrightOblivion on May 8, 2019 2:04AM
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I usually abhor any suggestion of getting rid of books, but I think I have to second the suggestion that the Tome of the Undaunted [unsigned] be removed from the lore library if it will not be made available to all characters.

At this point there seems to be enough issues with getting the signed one operational in all locations that trying to create and bug-proof an unsigned one may not be worth the hassle. I say that only because, as has been noted, the entire contents of the unsigned book can be found in the signed one, and the difference between the two is literally the matter of the character name. Since so many people are unable to acquire the unsigned version, striking it from the library would be the most efficient solution, albeit not the best.

Hopefully it will be taken care of soon, one way or the other.
  • Stormshaper
    Stormshaper
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for updating the thread. I have been looking for A Request for Relief for awhile. This is the Crafting Motif book though, not the Eidetic Memory so maybe this thread isn't intended to cover it, my apologies if so.

If help with this is possible, I read that it should show up in the Dargonstar Caravan building but I've been there several times and it fails to appear. Any help or indication where I need to look is most appreciated!
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for updating the thread. I have been looking for A Request for Relief for awhile. This is the Crafting Motif book though, not the Eidetic Memory so maybe this thread isn't intended to cover it, my apologies if so.

If help with this is possible, I read that it should show up in the Dargonstar Caravan building but I've been there several times and it fails to appear. Any help or indication where I need to look is most appreciated!

I found that skill book by searching random shelves in Craglorn. There should be several just in Belkarth (Mages Guild, Outlaws Refuge, perhaps the tavern too). Then there are places like Skyreach that have quite a few bookshelves within them too - if you don’t mind stopping between skeletons.

I don’t know if it can be found outside of random Craglorn shelf spawns, though.

Best of luck!
  • Stormshaper
    Stormshaper
    ✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »

I found that skill book by searching random shelves in Craglorn. There should be several just in Belkarth (Mages Guild, Outlaws Refuge, perhaps the tavern too). Then there are places like Skyreach that have quite a few bookshelves within them too - if you don’t mind stopping between skeletons.

I don’t know if it can be found outside of random Craglorn shelf spawns, though.

Best of luck!

Thanks, I'll keep trying there, hopfully it'll come to me!
  • Kyoma
    Kyoma
    ✭✭✭
    After slowly going over all the books not known to LoreBooks at all I came across one that seems to have worked in the past but broke somewhere along the line.

The book is [A Plea for the Elder Scrolls], #1733 and I have it on the live server on my main. After some digging on UESP I found the place it should be but apparently it is bugged into the pedestal. As seen on the screenshot (made on PTS with template character), you can see the glow of the unread book but all attempts at interacting with it have been in vain.

94ev4o45umjf.png

Edited by Kyoma on May 18, 2019 12:48AM
    Will I be able to forget all the wounds that pierce my flesh?
    You and your childish justice. I'll rip it to pieces.
    Come on, it's showtime. A rain of blood like a volcano
    And now I'll blow all of you and you and you...
    All to tiny pieces. All to tiny pieces.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You need to run away from the temple just far enough for it to despawn (as if you were getting a survey to respawn) and then run back and hope it spawns properly. Relogging can also work, but that might be harder if you’re behind an enemy gate. (I ended up dead when I tried relogging.)

I had to do the run-away-and-return thing for both enemy faction temples (just the other day) and perhaps for my own as well (that one has been too long to remember quite right).

I believe it’s the same issue as with crafting stations placed on surfaces in houses: sometimes the game loads the items in a bad order so that the “top” item sinks into the lower item, rendering it useless.

It is certainly a pain, but these books can be gotten.
  • Kyoma
    Kyoma
    ✭✭✭
    I see, well probably still something that should be addressed by ZOS ^^
  • Valtis
    Valtis
    Soul Shriven
    Hallo there. I still cannot access „a folly of man“ is there an alternate location or is this bugged?
  • Valtis
    Valtis
    Soul Shriven
    Ok I have now finished all of Summerset and have some more Books to report, that disappear after the mission. And since your list is nice I would like to add them in this thread.
    1.1 writ is Valid Credentials
    1.2 Sapiarchs Recommendation
    Both from the Quest „Culture Clash“ they are put into ones inventory but aren’t needed for the quest to progress and are deleted afterwards. So if you don’t read them you have bad luck.
    Also there is:
    2. „Invitation to the Kinlady‘s Conference“
    From the quest „the queens „ which has the same problem as 1.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Valtis wrote: »
    Ok I have now finished all of Summerset and have some more Books to report, that disappear after the mission. And since your list is nice I would like to add them in this thread.
    1.1 writ is Valid Credentials
    1.2 Sapiarchs Recommendation
    Both from the Quest „Culture Clash“ they are put into ones inventory but aren’t needed for the quest to progress and are deleted afterwards. So if you don’t read them you have bad luck.
    Also there is:
    2. „Invitation to the Kinlady‘s Conference“
    From the quest „the queens „ which has the same problem as 1.

These three are getting fixed on Monday (provided they haven’t been re-bugged from 5.0.1-2).
  • Zayoo
    Zayoo
    ✭✭✭
    Rhanbiq's Notes has been FIXED with Elsweyr !!! It is on the barrel close to the tip board in the Thieves' Den in Hew's Bane/Abah's Watch. YAY! ^^

Pearl Research Notes, Log 3 has NOT BEEN FIXES YET
  • BrightOblivion
    BrightOblivion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apologies, folks. Things have been extremely hectic here in preparation for my younger brother's wedding last Saturday, and allergies and sinus crud (and the medicine I'm taking for it) are making it difficult to concentrate on a big forum post.

Major points I want to cover:

- If a book is marked "FIXED" with a PTS cyle number (5.0.0-5.0.4), those fixes are now Live on PC. If it's not marked, it's probably not fixed, and likely won't be until next patch/DLC.
    - Writ and Sapiarch's can be found in the conference room on the ground floor of the Alinor Royal Palace, while Invitation can now be found in the Anchors Aweigh Inn in Shimmerene.
    - Norg-Tzel's books are now by Jee-Lar and Concordia in Stormhold (where you get the Murkmire prequel dailies).
    - Elsweyr-related: They added Sealed Imperial Summons (the crown store book to start the Elsweyr prologue) to the Library. However, interacting with it in the player's inventory after finishing the quest only gives a message saying "You have already completed this quest." Either ZOS needs to fix it so that you can read the summons after the quest is done, or a copy needs to be present in the open world.
    - I still have not found Khadabi's Rules, and see no mention of it in UESP Log or Lorebooks or Tamriel Library, or anywhere else on Google save where I've mentioned it (which is an odd feeling). If anyone finds it, please give a shout.
    - @Kyoma It's been mentioned several times (I think they're aware). I'm not sure it even can be fixed. In the meantime, as Virtus said, try running away and running back. Also, thanks for the incredibly quick Lorebooks update. It should make finding Elsweyr's books far easier for many people.

Welcome to Elsweyr! May you find warm sands, comfortable chairs, and many new books to read which haven't been turned to ash by giant dragons!

...I'm going to lie back down, methinks.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bright Throat riddle fragment is fixed!!!

It’s not in Lilmoth but in Bright Throat village, on a table in the northwest corner within Tree-Minder Pavu’s House (biggest building there, right in the middle of town).

Checking on Dead-Water fragment now...

Edited to add: spent several hours looking for the Dead-Water fragment. No luck so far.
    Edited by virtus753 on May 21, 2019 4:20AM
  • Kyoma
    Kyoma
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, Sealed Imperial Summons is bugged/missing. The only reports I've been getting for it have been random (read from inventory), there was one place but that was just the quest giver just outside of Riverhold (that gives the first main quest). Heck, I don't even have that gold [Sealed Imperial Summons] item in my inventory anymore. Once again us book collectors are being punished for doing the prologue before the dlc/chapter is released, you know, as is to be expected. :(

Other than that all Elsweyr books are accounted for as far as I can tell. I think there aren't even any bookshelves-only books.
    Edited by Kyoma on May 21, 2019 9:10PM
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kyoma wrote: »
    Yep, Sealed Imperial Summons is bugged/missing. The only reports I've been getting for it have been random (read from inventory), there was one place but that was just the quest giver just outside of Riverhold (that gives the first main quest). Heck, I don't even have that gold [Sealed Imperial Summons] item in my inventory anymore. Once again us book collectors are being punished for doing the prologue before the dlc/chapter is released, you know, as is to be expected. :(

Other than that all Elsweyr books are accounted for as far as I can tell. I think there aren't even any bookshelves-only books.

Do you happen to know the whereabouts of the following?

A Cat’s Serenade
    A Window For Escape
    Khadabi’s Rules

They aren't marked in the Lorebooks add-on as far as I can see (I could easily have missed them), but I did pick up several unmarked lorebooks from Sunspire yesterday. It may be that I missed a couple in there since our group didn't clear one of the two sides of trash mobs.

ETA: For anyone else looking, Khadabi's Rules is in Darkpool Mine, in the center area (the area with the skyshard), on a walkway north of the altar.
    Edited by virtus753 on May 22, 2019 12:58AM
  • Kyoma
    Kyoma
    ✭✭✭

A Cat’s Serenade
    A Window For Escape
    Khadabi’s Rules

They aren't marked in the Lorebooks add-on as far as I can see (I could easily have missed them), but I did pick up several unmarked lorebooks from Sunspire yesterday. It may be that I missed a couple in there since our group didn't clear one of the two sides of trash mobs.
    Not from memory but I'll release a LoreBooks update tomorrow which will have the missing Elsweyr books.

• virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

A Cat’s Serenade
    A Window For Escape
    Khadabi’s Rules

Not from memory but I'll release a LoreBooks update tomorrow which will have the missing Elsweyr books.

Awesome! Thank you so much. :)
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I filed a Support Ticket regarding the Sealed Imperial Summons.

Support was...unhelpful, to put it politely. They essentially said if it was broken, it would not be getting fixed.

Hopefully the /bug report will be more productive.
    Edited by virtus753 on May 22, 2019 4:34AM
  • Kyoma
    Kyoma
    ✭✭✭
    I filed a Support Ticket regarding the Sealed Imperial Summons.

Support was...unhelpful, to put it politely. They essentially said if it was broken, it would not be getting fixed.

Hopefully the /bug report will be more productive.
    Yea chances are it won't be fixed until the next major patch, best thing is to just keep reporting it after each patch :D

• efster
    efster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm wondering if I should hold off doing the In SIckness and in Health quest at the Anequina Aqueduct. There is a page that drops there (first on the ground, then as a quest item in your inventory) that doesn't currently register as Discovered when read (from the ground or from inventory). What are the chances they're going to add it to Eidetic Memory retroactively and I'll have to wait for 84 years for it to be placed in the world to be read again?
    AD is the best looking faction. I don't make the rules, I just enforce them.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    efster wrote: »
    I'm wondering if I should hold off doing the In SIckness and in Health quest at the Anequina Aqueduct. There is a page that drops there (first on the ground, then as a quest item in your inventory) that doesn't currently register as Discovered when read (from the ground or from inventory). What are the chances they're going to add it to Eidetic Memory retroactively and I'll have to wait for 84 years for it to be placed in the world to be read again?

I had the exact same thought... and then ended up finishing that quest anyhow. >.< oops.

It should be a rule that when they add books to the Lore Library, they ensure there is a copy in the world to be read.
  • Gigasax
    Gigasax
    ✭✭✭✭
    l2gq9bqjkjq0.png

THEY FIXED IT... finally after 4 years, i can not believe it :#
    - Noractis -
    - PC EU -
  • Kyoma
    Kyoma
    ✭✭✭
    Strange, I'm pretty sure it worked on PTS...

• Chosin137
    Chosin137
    ✭✭
    Anyone able to pick up "A Letter to Jakarn". Showing up on map but not at either the Stitches or in the Rimmen Palace Recesses.
  • Gigasax
    Gigasax
    ✭✭✭✭
    Chosin137 wrote: »
    Anyone able to pick up "A Letter to Jakarn". Showing up on map but not at either the Stitches or in the Rimmen Palace Recesses.

it is part of a quest, i think it starts at rimmen, south of the wayshrine
    - Noractis -
    - PC EU -
  • efster
    efster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Strange, I'm pretty sure it worked on PTS...

D: that's it, i'm dropping this quest.
    AD is the best looking faction. I don't make the rules, I just enforce them.
  • Kyoma
    Kyoma
    ✭✭✭
    Chosin137 wrote: »
    I haven't mapped all quest-related books to their quest yet in Elsweyr
  • Gigasax
    Gigasax
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Kyoma
    "Blackguard Instructions, Two" got fixed too.
    It is now next to Jee-Lar in Shadowfen (Stormhold WS)

And The Scaled Elves is now able to be read in front of the Sea Keep in Summerset, in the camp.

Just fyi if you want to include the positions into the Addon
    Edited by Gigasax on May 23, 2019 10:32AM
    - Noractis -
    - PC EU -
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    A quick word of warning: don't try The Final Order (part of Elsweyr's main questline) in a group. It bugged out hopelessly for me yesterday, to the point where I had to disband and redo it entirely solo. A number of lorebooks are involved, and in a group they are easy to miss and can even break the quest entirely.

If someone else in group picks up a lorebook for this quest, it gets ninja-added to your inventory. (Even the new Lorebooks function won't see them in that case.) It will also break the quest if someone else in group picks up the Dragonguard Report. It gets added to all group members' inventories, but they can't advance the quest just by reading it. If their progress stalls at that point, they have to redo the quest.

Lorebooks involved in this quest that were either stealth-added or bugged out entirely: Captain's Letter, Captain Saulinia's Instructions, Dragonguard Report, Dragons: A Report for the Queen, Euraxia's Personal Journal, Letter for Vittoria