The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

New Mount does not fight like indicated

• SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    eso is p2w. in a round about way. A lot of players pay lots of money for many accounts to farm as well as use bots to earn gold to buy better gear or better item for other aspects of the game. As well as buy tons of crowns with real money to better them selves in the game. So if you are rich you get more in the game. thus a type of p2w. and the different classes are not balanced. I have many different classes and some are definitely stronger than others

Yeah...that's not pay 2 win. Thats using resources to better yourself. Pay2win is buying a sword from the crown store that ups all your damage (crit, magicka, physical) by like 10% and you can enchant it as well. Or maybe being able to buy a 5-piece set thats only available from the crown store, and gives you a bonus better than some of the best dps sets in the game.
    Edited by SilverIce58 on May 18, 2019 4:49AM
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
  • Benzux
    Benzux
    ✭✭✭✭
    eso is p2w. in a round about way. A lot of players pay lots of money for many accounts to farm as well as use bots to earn gold to buy better gear or better item for other aspects of the game. As well as buy tons of crowns with real money to better them selves in the game. So if you are rich you get more in the game. thus a type of p2w. and the different classes are not balanced. I have many different classes and some are definitely stronger than others

"Buy tons of crowns with real money to better themselves in the game" Excuse me, but what?
    When has anything in the Crown Store given you an advantage over other players (e.g. Pay to Win)? Spoiler alert: Never. 90% of the things you buy in the Crown Store are purely cosmetic, and the things that aren't (like consumables) you can create in-game - and are often better than the Crown Store equivalents, and more worth the effort than giving ZoS 5€ for some potions. And honestly tell me, how many times have you seen someone drink a Crown pot (since you get given a nice jingle and a glowy effect when someone does)?

The only things that come even close to P2W in ESO are the Necromancer and Warden Classes (and the Psijic Order Skill line, to some extent), since they offer players who pay a whole different skill set that others don't have access to. Still, given that the classes are somewhat balanced (lol), and that Necromancer will get nerfed to the ground soon enough (like happened with the Warden), they won't be nearly as OP as they are on PTS.

I was not going to take part in this discussion at first (given that a lot of people have already pointed out the obvious), but that's just a wrong statement.
    BenzuxGamer - Xbox One since day 1 - CP 1500+
    Guildmaster of the Sacrificial Warriors, one of the oldest and most member-orientated Guilds on the Xbox One EU Megaserver
    "Casual" player from Finland who enjoys questing and dumb builds even after well over 1000 CP levels and 4000+ hours. A fan of Argonians, Goats and Elk. Also a massive Otaku (MAL Profile).
    "Following the meta makes you a sheep. That's why I'm a goat: I go in the opposite direction and make use of the things the sheep cannot." - Me, 2019
    Characters:
    Ben-Zu - Argonian MagDK DPS - EP (Main)
    Benzuth Telvanni - Dunmer MagSorc DPS - EP
    Haknir Head-Crusher - Nord DK Tank/Stam DPS - EP
    Delves-Deepest-Depths - Argonian StamBlade DPS - EP
    Raises-The-Dead - Argonian Mag Necromancer DPS7Healer - EP (Previously a Sorc healer, RIP)
    Bthuzdir Ynzavretz - Dwemer StamSorc DPS - AD (Dunmer in-game)
    Fafnir the Dragon - Nord Stam DK DPS - EP
    Bloodmage Thalnos - Breton MagBlade DPS - DC
    Finnis Wolfheart - Bosmer Stam Warden DPS - EP
    Gwyneth - Nord Warden Tank - EP
    Kud-Wazei Xeroicas - Argonian Mag Templar DPS/Tank - EP
    Barkskin Ben-Zhu - Argonian Warden Healer - EP (Alternate version of main)
    Xal-Vakka Xeroicas - Argonian DK Healer - EP
    Jaree-Shei the Wamasu - Argonian Sorcerer Tank - EP
    Gwennen Ereloth - Snow Elf Mag Warden DPS - EP (Dunmer in-game)
    Friedrich der Grosse - Imperial Nightblade Tank - EP
    Warfarin - Altmer Nightblade Healer - EP
  • Dracheimflug
    Dracheimflug
    ✭✭✭
    Even the lore does not indicate much. There is no practical way in game to tell the intelligent 'actual' Khajiit quadrupedal sub-species apart from normal animal species of similar appearance unless they happen to speak. And most do not. Heck, most of the large cats around outside of cities (often literally just outside the walls) may or may not be intelligent. So while there are Senche-Raht that are clearly combatants, there are plenty who are not and plenty more that are openly (and completely inexplicably) hostile.

Frankly it is a huge hole in the lore, especially since the Khajiit NPC's seem to expect the player characters to simply know the status of any given such individual, despite there being no way for players to tell even when they are playing Khajiit.

Edit: The P2W arguments go nowhere. Even if the game was P2W or did have P2W elements, it would not mean that this particular thing should be.
    Edited by Dracheimflug on May 18, 2019 12:45PM