Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Solved] Subscription expired? Really Zenimax? Really?

sahib
sahib
✭✭✭
I try to be patient with your company, I really do. I was waiting since launch for a response from your CSR regarding a double charge on my card. It took several emails for one of them to contact me and inform me that they have processed a refund for one of the charges. Fine - money still hasn't been returned but at least I'm getting there.

Then, just a minute after the email from CSR I get hit with this:

7c72c419fb0a8a0bb7529087044789.jpg

I go to my account page, and - suprise, suprise - my 30-day game period is gone:

fc545630b00c8ae99df251748edd95.jpg

So, as it stands now, money for the double charge still haven't been returned to my account, and additionally I'm locked out of the game, during my 30-day FREE period.

I was really polite in all my dealings with your support, I realize this is a busy time for you, but enough is enough! This is a breach of contract and it's the kind of *** I'm no longer able to tolerate. I don't want to wait another week for a response to this issue, I expect this resolved quickly and my game time restored or I will be forced to report all your card activity as fraudulent to my bank.

I'm done waiting. Fix it or I'm done with your game.
Edited by sahib on April 11, 2014 8:25PM
1.jpg 31.5K
2.jpg 62.2K
  • CrimsonThomas
    CrimsonThomas
    ✭✭✭✭
    This just keeps getting worse and worse, doesn't it?
  • Soraellion
    Soraellion
    ✭✭✭
    That's... painful.
  • sahib
    sahib
    ✭✭✭
    It actually gets worse...

3.jpg
    Edited by sahib on April 11, 2014 7:13AM
  • Arawn
    Arawn
    ✭✭✭
    [text removed]
    Edited by Arawn on April 11, 2014 7:19AM
  • CrimsonThomas
    CrimsonThomas
    ✭✭✭✭
    sahib wrote: »
    It actually gets worse...

3.jpg

Wow.

"We feel pretty strongly about the support we're going to have for the game and what you're going to get for those dollars," - Vice President of PR, Pete Hines

Now what's wrong with this picture...
    Edited by CrimsonThomas on April 11, 2014 7:18AM
  • sahib
    sahib
    ✭✭✭
    @‌Arawn
    Mate, I was already playing this whole last week. I've got the Digital Standard Edition and the upgrade to Imperial...

4.jpg

• Arawn
    Arawn
    ✭✭✭
    Ah ok sorry didn't see it.
  • CrimsonThomas
    CrimsonThomas
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm so sorry, Sahib. That's just...abysmal. There are no words.

So, about all of that "support we're going to have for the game..." that is meant to justify the price and monthly fee...when is that going to start happening?
  • Fenbrae
    Fenbrae
    ✭✭✭
    I'm starting to believe that Molag Bal is throwing a spanner in the works.
    Currently playing:
    Swims-In-Sap - CP200+ - Argonian Templar

I like my healing like i like my characters: generic
  • Tiqwah1984
    oh my ... they failed so much in everything at the moment....
    well, it could be a good game. But with this kind of support they maybe allrdy lost to many who would subscribe more then a month.

im also not sure if i will subscribe it after the free month. i cant even play at the moment. and i have a 90 day Abo ...i like the Game but the with this support? no thx...
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Put this on Reddit. And e-mail it to iGN, MMORPG and the other gaming sites.
  • asiosh
    asiosh
    Soul Shriven
    This is... omg i have no words for this :(
  • Glissando
    Glissando
    ✭✭✭
    It's some error on their side which will most likely be fixed,it sucks that it happened though.
  • Pinkenbah
    Pinkenbah
    blink
  • Loxy37
    Loxy37
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fenbrae wrote: »
    I'm starting to believe that Molag Bal is throwing a spanner in the works.

I think Sheogarth would be a better candidate!

Hope you get sorted soon OP.
  • sahib
    sahib
    ✭✭✭
    Glissando wrote: »
    It's some error on their side which will most likely be fixed,it sucks that it happened though.

Sure it's some error on their end, but I'm loosing hope for a quick resolution, as the CS rep told me "I apologize about that, on our end, everything looks ok.".

Sad thing is, I really like this game...
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This stinks of a slightly similar experience I had where I lost the gold in my bank, but not items, but also re-received my pre-order and beta-gift items in the mail (there are two sets now) and also I lost the ability to skip the Coldharbour tutorial.

All that seemed to me that somewhere the game thought the account hadn't been played, though thankfully my sub. info is still there.
    Edited by KerinKor on April 11, 2014 12:12PM
  • tipper709ub17_ESO
    I hope they aren't using live accounts to train new customer service reps. We know they need them. The reason I suspect that is because someone had to have been into your account on their side and there would be a lot more from a glitch. I hope they can solve this soon for you. Thats simply rotten
  • ElSlayer
    ElSlayer
    ✭✭✭
    I recognize God of Schemes in action.
    @d0e1ow: There is no singular thing within a game's little ecosystem that will convince you that you hate the game, hate your life, and hate everyone around you faster than the game's official forums will.

@TaffyIX: Life is too short to get upset by a video game.
  • Mustaklaki
    Mustaklaki
    ✭✭
    Eck... this support staff is horrid.
  • tokyov
    tokyov
    ✭✭
    incompetence.
  • alexakimballb14_ESO
    THIS HAPPENED TO ME. Except they charged me five times. They refunded everything and I had to buy it again. But it took a week for the refund to go through. Support took forever to contact me. I was like helloooo now I can't pay my rent.
  • Opirasb16_ESO
    Good game,
    Worst support for any mmo ever made that i have come in contact with.
    And that is quite a few.

Personally I'm waiting to even get a response to a ticket that i made 6 days ago.
    Edited by Opirasb16_ESO on April 11, 2014 2:02PM
  • Dyros
    Dyros
    As someone who can't even get the initial game download to speed up beyond 300kb/sec, going back and forth with tech support, and having a pretty common issue that's being woefully ignored, I feel your pain man.

Sounds to me like they need to completely rethink/re-hire their customer service team if they want to offer a fantastic MMO.

Edited by Dyros on April 11, 2014 2:04PM
  • Wrymn
    Wrymn
    ✭✭✭
    WoW if this is real, it is a fraud. If you have done something bad you would get banned, the thing that they have removed you subscription as well as your game in taking my breath.
    Edited by Wrymn on April 11, 2014 2:05PM
  • Fransiscus
    Fransiscus
    ✭✭
    Pfffff iam really sorry for you
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌ and @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌ -- could you have someone take a look at this one?
  • djodars
    djodars
    ✭✭✭
    When you're not facing the issue yourself, this situation is actually pretty hilarious...

Could almost make a movie how a day can go from bad to worse :P
  • sahib
    sahib
    ✭✭✭
    djodars wrote: »
    When you're not facing the issue yourself, this situation is actually pretty hilarious...

Could almost make a movie how a day can go from bad to worse :P

I realize that :)

As an update, it seems I got to L2 support and we're making progress with my account. I'll write more once the matter's resolved (hopefully!).
    Edited by sahib on April 11, 2014 3:26PM
  • Bluntski
    Bluntski
    ✭✭
    I love how people blanket blame every CS staff member for a localized issued. So disingenuous.