The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

For being one of the most expensive items in the crownstore, housing feels ignored

NorthernNightmare
NorthernNightmare
✭✭✭✭✭
As someone whos paid for 4 houses (Hunters glade and ald velothi at full price and Grand topal hideaway and coven cottage at discount) for about around 200cdn

I'm really feeling that housing in general is being ignored by the devs

they make more furniture true but the droprates on the newer ones suck (to push you to the crownstore I guess)

what happened to adding things like gardening? Setting a guild home? Making it so you could lay down in beds and maybe even get a small boost (its not pay to win, we get free inn rooms and a free bed and ya know... gold)

When was the last big change that wasn't just more furnishing items? When will we get the slots to be able to use these new ones without giving up old?
  • Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is 100% ignored, and that’s a fact. No feels about it.

- ZoS never visits any sub-forum beyond the news section, When was the last ZoS post on a housing thread?

- A dev stream a while back, housing dev said “we read all the threads” an outright lie as very few suggested items from threads have even ever gotten an official ZoS response never mind implemented.

- Latest Dev stream: “no housing questions” thread was spammed with housing questions (because we are sick of being ignored!) - we were lucky they answered a whopping grand total of 3 housing questions, even then not really satisfactory answers and then they continued to ignore us.

All we want is just some form of communication from ZoS on the housing threads. We don’t care if it’s to say no to our suggestions, we don’t care if it’s a yes to our suggestions or anything in between. We just want responses.

Unfortunately unless it’s a notable home they can sell for 15k+ crowns:

They.
    Don’t.
    Care.

S.A.96
  • Imperial_Voice
    Imperial_Voice
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZoS does ignore the housing forums. They want your money but they don't want your opinions, just ask @ZOS_GinaBruno about their response in the last ESO live.
  • Pinesy
    Pinesy
    ✭✭✭
    I will no longer be spending any real $$ on housing; it's their obvious cash cow, yet they spend no time on it, because they are taking advantage of a dedicated group of folks who will continue to use the housing system when there is not many other great alternatives (Rift is dead, LOTRO is dead/not great housing, etc).

I'll make do with the hoard of furniture and homes I've already spent entirely too much money on. I make all of my own furniture, and the introduction of using like, Culanda Lacquer and Hackwing Plumages style materials for Alinor and Murkmire furnishings show that they are continuing to push folks to the crown store. The drop rate and availability of furnishing materials is abysmal (at least add furnishing materials to surveys...). With the addition of FURNISHINGS behind Hardcore Trial Achievements in Elsewyr, that's another issue ~ To me, everything housing related should be achievable solo, because it's next to impossible to showcase your home to others, why must there be requirements of relying on other people to get these furnishings? There's no housing rating system (a la in Rift), there's no "neighborhood" selector (a la LOTRO).
    Edited by Pinesy on April 30, 2019 2:56PM
    Beezenees IGN (PC/NA)
  • Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As an owner of 9 out of 13 crown - only homes I feel a little abused here... I throw my money at ZoS. ZoS doesn't care...

Same here, have a few crown only homes, spent quite a bit of money, ZoS just don’t care. Like I said above, unless it’s a 15k+ house they can sell, we’ll get very little from them
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I have to agree, sadly. And ZOS's communication on the subject is salt in the wound. In recent Elsweyr panels, when asked by several people about what new houses we'll get (and what kind of new furniture styles there would be, and crafting motifs, etc) they waved that away with 'yessss they will be there, check the PTS' without a single other word, even if that was some empty promise of 'we are very excited to share our new houses with you, since we feel homestead is an important aspect of our game, and we'll be looking forward to your reactions to our new Khajiiti homes! :wink: ' But no.

Meanwhile they spent hours in several streams talking about dragons, repeating the fact that there will be dragons with way more hype than anyone ever asked about them (we already had dragons in a TES game, they're nothing new, I'm slaying dragons in several other MMOs and RPGs currently so they're not revolutionary, and they're basically just an enemy model serving as a loot pinata so they're just as irrelevant as the Sload for Summerset). They could have announced that they are giving away an expandable house via gameplay (Hall of the Lunar Champion, which is actually nice to see and would've worked well to emphasize for good PR) and it would have gotten people more excited than repeating 'there will be dragons! wow!' 5 times.

Where are the reassurances that they care about housing (when most housing feedback gets ignored, including ones that get suggested regularly such as smaller homes please instead of making such big dark interiors over and over) or that people who like housing are deserving of the same quality and attention as people who like murdering each other? I missed this last ESO Live, but saying that they won't even take housing questions is disheartening.

I'm not doing 'just' housing obviously, and I'm excited for the story content and the zone of Elsweyr too, and I want to know what the Necro will be like, so I'm glad when they talk about those and share details and have feedback sessions. But why not do the same for housing? In addition to all those things, I like housing too, and it feels like that's an irrelevant aspect they leave on the backburner despite that one being the most expensive of all. What are people going to do, buy the necromancer class twice? A single manor already costs more than the entire Elsweyr Chapter. Is that reflected by the attention that housing gets, or how much effort goes into listening to community feedback? Apparently no :disappointed:
    Edited by bluebird on April 30, 2019 5:45PM
  • Imperial_Voice
    Imperial_Voice
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if ZoS is listening yet.
    bluebird wrote: »
    Yeah, I have to agree, sadly. And ZOS's communication on the subject is salt in the wound. In recent Elsweyr panels, when asked by several people about what new houses we'll get (and what kind of new furniture styles there would be, and crafting motifs, etc) they waved that away with 'yessss they will be there, check the PTS' without a single other word, even if that was some empty promise of 'we are very excited to share our new houses with you, since we feel homestead is an important aspect of our game, and we'll be looking forward to your reactions to our new Khajiiti homes! :wink: ' But no.

Meanwhile they spent hours in several streams talking about dragons, repeating the fact that there will be dragons with way more hype than anyone ever asked about them (we already had dragons in a TES game, they're nothing new, I'm slaying dragons in several other MMOs and RPGs currently so they're not revolutionary, and they're basically just an enemy model serving as a loot pinata so they're just as irrelevant as the Krogen for Summerset). They could have announced that they are giving away an expandable house via gameplay (Hall of the Lunar Champion, which is actually nice to see and would've worked well to emphasize for good PR) and it would have gotten people more excited than repeating 'there will be dragons! wow!' 5 times.

Where are the reasurrances that they care about housing (when most housing feedback gets ignored, including ones that get suggested regularly such as smaller homes please instead of making such big dark interiors over and over) or that people who like housing are deserving of the same quality and attention as people who like murdering each other? I missed this last ESO Live, but saying that they won't even take housing questions is disheartening.

I'm not doing 'just' housing obviously, and I'm excited for the story content and the zone of Elsweyr too, and I want to know what the Necro will be like, so I'm glad when they talk about those and share details and have feedback sessions. But why not do the same for housing? In addition to all those things, I like housing too, and it feels like that's an irrelevant aspect they leave on the backburner despite that one being the most expensive of all. What are people going to do, buy the necromancer class twice? A single manor already costs more than the entire Elsweyr Chapter. Is that reflected by the attention that housing gets, or how much effort goes into listening to community feedback? Apparently no :disappointed:

They dont care about the players they exploit the most. Thats the absolute worst part of it all.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Trying hard to stay positive, but ZOS' response in the latest ESO Live is a real punch in the gut.
  • Imperial_Voice
    Imperial_Voice
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    Trying hard to stay positive, but ZOS' response in the latest ESO Live is a real punch in the gut.

Then dont stay positive, be angry. Be constructive, don't break forum rules, but feel free to be angry with them. Theyre monetizing us to death for a half finished system and they stubbornly refuse to even communicate with us.
    Edited by Imperial_Voice on May 2, 2019 12:59AM
  • Unit117
    Unit117
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feel the same way
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Not totally ignored, exactly, but neglected in many ways.

Certainly, more care seems to be shown to other aspects of the game, that both cost less (or, very often, nothing) to take part in and also give the player gold and other rewards for doing so.