Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Playstation: NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must Be The Place...

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh yeah, I re-upped again on my eso plus...

I'm going to need to get a little better organized with my inventory before i can shut that down for good...
    Edited by geonsocal on May 3, 2019 7:03PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Ballcap
    Ballcap
    ✭✭✭✭
    No red yet. My necro will be red though. I’m thinking of trying a tanky build with it. The only issue is, if I go red, who is going to stop ProxyDet? :tongue:
  • Lokirules
    Lokirules
    ✭✭✭
    Ballcap wrote: »
    No red yet. My necro will be red though. I’m thinking of trying a tanky build with it. The only issue is, if I go red, who is going to stop ProxyDet? :tongue:

His mom when she cuts off the power 🤣
    I’m a Farmer so what
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lokirules wrote: »
    Ballcap wrote: »

His mom when she cuts off the power 🤣

oh, that was funny...

I needed that laugh :)
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Poor Joey! lol
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    switched on to my EP dunmer vampire mag dk last night...

I know his build isn't meta for a mag dk, however, I think I'm at the point now where I have so many different characters to play, I don't foresee making any more build or gear changes for this character...he'll just be my fire guy...

which is to say, when I get some time, I think I may just gold out all his gear...

in the past I've been hesitant to do so, but, I'm kind of tired of changing gear sets right now...I just want to play/pvp...

he uses 5 heavy/2 light, silks of the sun, law of julianos and valkyn skoria...

rotation of:

destro bar: molten armaments, coagulated blood, unstable wall of elements, hardened armor, destructive reach, and eye of the storm...

resto bar: burning talons, coagulated blood, burning embers, dragon fire scale (works great when you stand on top of a keep pouring oil through the grate), combat prayer, and ferocious leap...

probably won't do it, but, was thinking it might be fun taking him through a dungeon as a dps...

in to my second month now just pvping with my three red toons, I'm pretty comfortable with each right now...

which only means, I'll be switching back to my 4 DC toons soon :)
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh yeah, had a couple of funny moments last night wherein I went to help bring down an enemy, only to see the player's name - recognized they were playing some near unkillable tank, and, just walked away...
  • viny1200
    viny1200
    ✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    oh yeah, had a couple of funny moments last night wherein I went to help bring down an enemy, only to see the player's name - recognized they were playing some near unkillable tank, and, just walked away...

Yup. Stop long enough to charge up the ulti with light attacks and then move along. B)
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    holy cow, I don't think I've ever seen this before:

current eval score on ps4 EU vivec
    AD - 184
    EP - 0
    DC - 0

I always wondered what the max score was...and, the answer is 184...

yeah, think I'll go head over to vivec NA...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    current eval score on vivec NA:

EP - 84
    AD - 78
    DC - 79

now that's more like it :)
  • PhxOldGamer68
    PhxOldGamer68
    ✭✭✭✭
    @geonsocal Was that you the other night at Bleakers with the new fancy spelling of your PSN?

So looking forward to IC having its own campaign and out of the normal Cyrodiil pop. So much more fighting back when IC didn't exist.
    PSN NA/EU: DesertDweller99
    PC NA: KaktusKing
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    as a matter of fact you desert dweller you - yes it was :)

once IC "re-opens" I'll continue to park one faction in cyro (Kaalgrontiid: 30 Day CP Enabled & Alliance Locked), and the other two factions in IC (CP enabled)...

that'll be nice...i don't really need the AP or end of campaign rewards for my toons on the NA server, so, it'll allow me to play more of my characters from all three factions during a month...

for my characters on the EU server - i'll keep them also in Kaalgrontiid...for the two new necromancers i'll create (one EP, one AD) i may just use the no cp IC campaign...even with combat scaling those characters may have a hard enough time just dealing with the npcs...unless i can group them up with higher cp players - they'll simply be a tel var farm for high cp enemies...although, at the times i play on the EU server - there aren't many enemy players to even speak of...

it'll be fun to throw those two new toons to the wolves in IC, and see how they respond...i'll definitely appreciate being able to park them at the rawl'kha stable and port directly to IC without having to ride to one of the tunnels...

i haven't noticed much IC feedback on the PTS sub-section...i guess other than making it its own map, there haven't been many gameplay changes???
    Edited by geonsocal on May 8, 2019 11:42PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh yeah, it's been a little while since i said hi - but, i hope all is well for you captain (aka: @Takes-No-Prisoner ) :)
  • NightAngel690
    NightAngel690
    ✭✭✭
    It was a fun day on AD today although I do have to say that in my short time of playing eso, I’ve come to realize that ep is the squishiest of the three factions. Its sad to say that 75% of Players on EP are the easiest to bomb Of the three factions. Majority of DC are tanky toons, majority of AD have 30+ heals with them.
    I’m only saying that because for the majority of the day, AD held Alessia back to back against reds and blues. If it were AD attacking, there would be no way that keep wouldve been held for that long.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was a fun day on AD today although I do have to say that in my short time of playing eso, I’ve come to realize that ep is the squishiest of the three factions. Its sad to say that 75% of Players on EP are the easiest to bomb Of the three factions. Majority of DC are tanky toons, majority of AD have 30+ heals with them.
    I’m only saying that because for the majority of the day, AD held Alessia back to back against reds and blues. If it were AD attacking, there would be no way that keep wouldve been held for that long.

Mustard stain!
  • Lokirules
    Lokirules
    ✭✭✭
    Give credit to Ad They are much more friendly then Ep and more helpful in zone
    I’m a Farmer so what
  • viny1200
    viny1200
    ✭✭

You know, now that you mention it, I do think I have more success bombing EP than DC. Never thought much about it before.

Had a chance to help out that AD Alessia defense yesterday for about half an hour. Ended up with a 30k tick - not bad.
    Keep defense is probably one of my favorite eso pvp activities when the attackers keep coming like that. Even if I'm on my bomber, it's a fun time.
  • NightAngel690
    NightAngel690
    ✭✭✭
    viny1200 wrote: »

You know, now that you mention it, I do think I have more success bombing EP than DC. Never thought much about it before.

Had a chance to help out that AD Alessia defense yesterday for about half an hour. Ended up with a 30k tick - not bad.
    Keep defense is probably one of my favorite eso pvp activities when the attackers keep coming like that. Even if I'm on my bomber, it's a fun time.

You would think that they would’ve learned by now considering how many times they’ve been bombed but I guess not
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too bad bombers haven't won a campaign for AD this year! :p
  • viny1200
    viny1200
    ✭✭
    Too bad bombers haven't won a campaign for AD this year! :p

Touche :)
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am just poking fun at the "Red" AD. lol
  • Lokirules
    Lokirules
    ✭✭✭

We just there to Farm Slugs and not see Ep cry about Gooch for the one millionth time that day 98% of my toons are red so it will still be my main faction I didn’t tbag anyone on my Ad yet so they can’t be too salty
    I’m a Farmer so what
  • NightAngel690
    NightAngel690
    ✭✭✭

Not there to win campaigns tbh.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Then you will do just fine on AD.
  • NightAngel690
    NightAngel690
    ✭✭✭

Then you will do just fine on AD.

Nah AD is way more toxic than EP plus 90% of my toons are EP. I really don’t feel like remaking all my toons.
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh yeah, it's been a little while since i said hi - but, i hope all is well for you captain (aka: @Takes-No-Prisoner ) :)

Things have been fine. Been taking long breaks in between doing PvE stuff.

I was able to get my StamNB dps to 47K for trials and dungeons so it's been neat learning that. Being able to PvP for transmute stones really helps to avoid having to grind something like Cloudrest for pieces. I've also been focusing on getting Mael weapons, so now I've got a bunch of those and a couple of the other arena weapons.
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on May 13, 2019 2:51PM
  • PhxOldGamer68
    PhxOldGamer68
    ✭✭✭✭
    EP had a queue of 91 the other night. Finally got in and we had Arrius and Chalman, but gate keeps were AD and DC controlled. Last night had 78 queue, gave up and went on my AD toon with only 18 queue. Got in and AD had most of the map and 4 scrolls. Is this IC related?

I know this can happen any night on any faction, but so interesting. Itching for IC to have its own campaign.
    PSN NA/EU: DesertDweller99
    PC NA: KaktusKing
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been taking long breaks in between doing PvE stuff.

right on captain :)

my playtime on eso has gone from around 20 plus hours a week to maybe about 10...i'm still in there though...tried going without a sub for a month or so, but, i'm a ways away from having my inventory squared enough away to do so...will probably just sub intermittently...

was just thinking today i may create and play my two new necromancers til they hit level 40 along with my other EU toons...as far as the NA server and the 10 toons there, i'm just using them to fight in cyro and IC...for the most part i'm okay where they are at gear and build wise...

i still have a bunch of "work" to do on my EU characters as far as leveling them up, and, getting them properly set up for pvping...that's a really sweet dps level...that's pretty cool you have a nice rotation down pat for that character...

does it translate well from doing dungeons and trials to fighting folks?
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EP had a queue of 91 the other night. Finally got in and we had Arrius and Chalman, but gate keeps were AD and DC controlled. Last night had 78 queue, gave up and went on my AD toon with only 18 queue. Got in and AD had most of the map and 4 scrolls. Is this IC related?

I know this can happen any night on any faction, but so interesting. Itching for IC to have its own campaign.

i ran in to some queues over the weekend...it kind of surprised me...what wouldn't be surprising though is if the pop caps have been lowered even further :)

i'm still a little bugged that the whole stuck in combat thing is still going on (i think it's been at least 4 or 5 months now?)...it's annoying not be able to do certain useful functions once you get stuck in combat, and, seems like i'm staying stuck longer these days...
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been taking long breaks in between doing PvE stuff.

does it translate well from doing dungeons and trials to fighting folks?

Abso-freaking-lutely it does

Animation canceling plays nicely with PvE rotations. If you can kill someone in PvP using a solid combo that takes them from 100% HP-death, you can do PvE content with the best of them. The biggest difference is building DPS to keep it going at a consistent rate. And learning when to do heavy attacks for resources. Gear like Advancing Yokeda and Arms of Relequen help with this a lot. So does Maelstrom Bow.

The other thing is being a good listener, asking questions and doing mechanics. We have plenty of PvErs who form PUG trial groups who are willing to teach mechanics. Some trials can be long, but others are pretty short.

Having endgame PVE gear has been super helpful for getting equips for PVP, such as Balorgh's Helmet. I got it from a pug group, a PvP bro by the name of Scarface-myworld was the tank. He's not a buddy of mine in any way, but he's a dude I've played with in PvP. So I wanted to play my hardest so he could also get a Balorgh helm. After some bullcrap with bad healers, we cleared the dungeon together.
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on May 14, 2019 2:37PM