The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Make the Gloam Wolf more... animated?

NorthernNightmare
NorthernNightmare
✭✭✭✭✭
7nTDiMJ.png
Compared to the pup the mount is sorta.. lack luster

Maybe give it the same wisps?
Or maybe have the trailiing smoke effect permanent and not needing a roar/howl for it?

For a gem exclusive its rather... eh
  • StormChaser3000
    StormChaser3000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They almost never change items after the release.

Plus I don't want to produce smoke all the time. I love it how it is right now.
  • NorthernNightmare
    NorthernNightmare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They almost never change items after the release.

Plus I don't want to produce smoke all the time. I love it how it is right now.

I just wish it stood out more compared to the doom wolf
    for 400 gems its...really lackluster and I sorta regret buying it
  • xF1REFL1x
    xF1REFL1x
    ✭✭✭
    Not big on the animation after the howl... but love the look of the mount!
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    for 400 gems its...really lackluster and I sorta regret buying it

Same :/ Even cool armor doesn't save this mount for me - only summoning sound and some purple light the wolf emits don't allow me to ask for refund. But I have to admit, it seems like designers learned from our feedback on previous gem exclusive mounts:

- 400 gems is better price than 600 :)
    - the wolf has good summoning animation/effect/sound; in fact, it's my most favourite "part" of this mount :smiley: and I could summon it all day :D
    - the wolf has some impact on environment - it omits purple light all the time, which is nice touch. However, I noticed that sometimes it bugs out and has no light, so I have to dismount and mount up again :o
    - the wolf doesn't have nice howl, but at least they used edited voice (voice from Doom Wolf) and not just ordinary wolf voice. While the smoke effect is messy and not good looking, it is noticeable, it lasts for long time after howl, and it has additional purple sparks in it :)

So overall this wolf has much better quality than 600 gem frost sabre cat :)

But the wolf model itself is simple - I compare it to transparent Psijic wolves, and they look more intricate cause their models are not static - they have some "thicker" light parts moving slowly over their bodies, while Gloam Wolf has static dark body :/ It is very noticeable and I don't like this fact at all :'(

btCxEOk.jpg

The pet... Oh yes, the pet is very good! It is the first wolf pup I like so far, and I previewed it for few minutes before I decided to buy <3
    It has many animations so it's always interesting to observe, it has echo added to his voice, it is talkative, and it helps to navigate in dark places! And it costs 100 gems, much better than simple reskin of Nixad for 300 gems :)

UsI8iD0.jpg

Of course the body model also has same plain and simple look, but large thick smoke covers and usually hides it.
    ...Not always though :D

92KFv55.jpg
  • StormChaser3000
    StormChaser3000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Fischblut You compared two mounts during the daylight on your screenshots. While the Ice Phantom Wolf looks more interesting during the day, Gloam Wolf's visual advantage can be seen in the deep shadows or during the night. It looks much spookier than the ice one.
    And also... you compared it with one of the best radiant apex mount. How many crates does it take to get it on average? Gloam wolf takes ~45 crates for those 400 gems and imo wins by price/quality ratio parameter.
    Edited by StormChaser3000 on April 27, 2019 12:44PM
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's sort of like the meridia sabre cat, which I kind of regret buying. It's literally a glowy sabre cat, with no unique summon animation or roar. :(
  • ThanatosXR
    ThanatosXR
    ✭✭✭
    That reminds me can people even see pets on the xbox, I can see class pets but not other peoples cosmetic ones? I have a couple all pre-order stuff, but my favorite is clockwork dragonfly which is earned at clockwork city gates
    Edited by ThanatosXR on May 2, 2019 12:16PM