Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do you honestly still care about campaign score- does it even matter?

• Sendrik
    Sendrik
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Alliance pride!
    A wanderers way never ends.
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Can it be both? I like being on the winning side and helping my alliance but I also enjoy just not caring about the map at all and just going where the fight/AP is.

I think it's important to find a healthy balance so that players are not driven away from PvP. The more that PvP the less likely that we have down time.
  • Curtdogg47
    Curtdogg47
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    End of campaign rewards need to be more valuable for winning. Everyone more or less get the same things. Different amounts but still the same stuff.

A crazy amount of Gold or maybe fat stacks of mats or motif pages, maybe mounts I don’t know. But seriously there really is no reward at the moment that inspires everyone to be dedicated to the Win!

Maybe better rewards of the worthy if your side is leading on the score board to.
    Edited by Curtdogg47 on December 4, 2018 8:51PM
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Curtdogg47 wrote: »
    End of campaign rewards need to be more valuable for winning. Everyone more or less get the same things. Different amounts but still the same stuff.

A crazy amount of Gold or maybe fat stacks of mats or motif pages, maybe mounts I don’t know. But seriously there really is no reward at the moment that inspires everyone to be dedicated to the Win!

Maybe better rewards of the worthy if your side is leading on the score board to.

I disagree. Better rewards would only encourage people to stack on a single faction side per campaign even more than they do now.
  • heng14rwb17_ESO
    heng14rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    WINNERS TAKE ALL
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    No. Never have cared much. Just want interesting fights or to figure out how to not get wrecked by guys like OP when I come across them solo. Like big zergy battles if they are somewhat even, and like smaller ones so long as they're good fights.
  • Gariele
    Gariele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I use to care till i seen how much faction jumping there was. Until ZOS locks factions per account and campaign ill just farm AP like everyone else and hope for some decent fights
    PC/EU
    Winter Rose Autumn Rose Summer Rose Pacific Rose Midnight Rose
    RoseESO Discord
    RoseESO Website
  • molso062
    molso062
    Soul Shriven
    The only reason I'm suffering thru PVP, is AP, I got some sealed writ that requires some Ordinator motif that you buy from battleground merchant that costs 500K AP !!! I mean- come on-- !! that's crazy. I kinda enjoy it in a way except for those hard core players that don't let you do your measly quests . I die a lot !!! But hey give me that AP !
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    And there is the problem with pvp. It rewards kills and not objectives. Remove AP gained by killing players and put the emphasis on objective based play.
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • f047ys3v3n
    f047ys3v3n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Sure I care about the score. If you are tier 3 and win you get gold stuff. A very few of those gold things are pretty nice.

Of course, in the entire time that this has been the case I have never once accomplished this. I think AD only won once and it didn't happen to be a month I played any. Not that it would have been my accomplishment anyway. The big cheat engine cartel decides which alliance wins and that is that. Usually they decide DC gets first and EP second since most of the toons they have are EP and DC. I don't know what happened that one week. It is all determined well above the pay grade of 99.99% of players.

I am mostly pleased with the current state of ESO. Please do continue to ban cheaters though and you guys have to find out who is duping gold and how because the economy is currently non-functional.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Score’s irrelevant. All you need to do to win a campaign is play on the faction with the strongest EU/Aussie guild faction on the NA server.

They cap overnight and pump up scores. If you play prime time NA everything you do is almost irrelevant.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Potenza wrote: »
    Yes I think the scoring is important. It gives the game meaning. Playing only for AP is pretty boring and its a "just give me the money" mentality. Playing deathmatch in BG's is a better way to go if its only AP your interested in. To me its about being a part of something bigger than myself instead of just being self-serving. If you want just an open sandbox with no objectives, no points to earn and just want to fight small scale pvp, then Cyrodiil is not for you. I mean just remove all the keeps then and have everyone roam the country looking for fights that mean nothing but your own pride.

No sir you make much more AP in Cyrodil not death match bgs, by the way they are also non cp.

I run a smaller group 2 to 8 people most nights smaller group set ups are far more fun imo.. We can take objectives just like the rest. However we prefer to slam into the flank of a larger groups and kill more numbers then our own.. We like being outnumbered it's a challenge.

We prefer pvp first to us objectives are just a added spice to the game. :)

PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables