We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.2.0 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

It's about time you INCREASE storage capacity

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Hixtory wrote: »
    Double the bank space already, this game is unplayable without eso+, and even with this and housing storage (which is unaccesible from regular bank), is not enough.

While I understand the desire for more storage, it seems a little melodramatic to suggest the game is not playable without ESO+.

You can play without ESO+, but you will have to spend a lot of time managing inventory, logging and relogging, etc. With ESO+ that is a lot less frequent. For some people that is unplayable because they don't have that much time to play, and when they log in the game, they want to play the game not manage their inventory.

Actually not. It has more to do with how much of a pack rat someone is.

You conveniently edited out the part that was germane to your post. I have essentially added it below since it clearly contradicts what you have to say.

I stated that many of those with ESO+ that had full storage before the crafting bag/double bank storage were added quickly filled up the added capacity.

EDIT: lets be real while we are at it. The OP is date stamped 2 days ago and this thread barely breached into the second page. It does not seem many agree with the OP.
    Edited by idk on April 20, 2019 2:45PM
  • DeathStalker_X
    DeathStalker_X
    ✭✭✭
    No, I agree that storage space is one of the worst aspects of the game. I don't agree with it being doubled for ESO+ - I think ESO+ should be limited to the "extras" & cosmetics, not an integral part of the game. It's not exactly pay2-win, but it sure as heck helps. Also, the stupid storage trunk you get in Alinor should be properly linked with the rest of your storage. If you buy a house, you should have proper storage, just like you did in Skyrim (imho). A proper place for each type of item.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, I agree that storage space is one of the worst aspects of the game. I don't agree with it being doubled for ESO+ - I think ESO+ should be limited to the "extras" & cosmetics, not an integral part of the game. It's not exactly pay2-win, but it sure as heck helps. Also, the stupid storage trunk you get in Alinor should be properly linked with the rest of your storage. If you buy a house, you should have proper storage, just like you did in Skyrim (imho). A proper place for each type of item.

Says someone who does not subscribe.

Considering someone who does not subscribe, even if they buy all every DLC released in a year, they will pay far less than someone who does subscribe. Further, they do not have to buy all DLCs. If they want to skip dungeon DLCs they save even more. The difference is huge.

It is done this way on purpose to hit various price points in the market. Zos has every right, and is smart, to offer strong incentives to subscribe. Especially incentives like these that do not truly impact game play. This is sound business and the only think I see here is people complaining because they do not want to spend the money to subscribe.
  • Nevasca
    Nevasca
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Considering someone who does not subscribe, even if they buy all every DLC released in a year, they will pay far less than someone who does subscribe. Further, they do not have to buy all DLCs. If they want to skip dungeon DLCs they save even more. The difference is huge.

It is done this way on purpose to hit various price points in the market. Zos has every right, and is smart, to offer strong incentives to subscribe. Especially incentives like these that do not truly impact game play. This is sound business and the only think I see here is people complaining because they do not want to spend the money to subscribe.

Well you already bought the game. You shouldn't have the need to pay for a subscription to have less annoyance - like inventory management (EDIT: This is a common practice for free to play games, having this business on a game b2p is absurd). DLCs on ESO+ is fine. If you think ESO+ does not impact gameplay with craftbag, you're dreaming.
    Edited by Nevasca on April 20, 2019 4:27PM
  • Subjectcrank
    Subjectcrank
    ✭✭

Well you already bought the game. You shouldn't have the need to pay for a subscription to have less annoyance - like inventory management (EDIT: This is a common practice for free to play games, having this business on a game b2p is absurd). DLCs on ESO+ is fine. If you think ESO+ does not impact gameplay with craftbag, you're dreaming.

Both Arguments have merit, but if i drop my ESO plus i will be dumping or trash vendering as much as i can. seeing as gold isn't really a huge issue. if it is not an upgrade to my character i will turf it, also with crafting mats ill say that whether or not i decide to craft all the mats i get will be getting turfed as well. then i should have a lot of space to do the same with anything i cannot immediately use. If i cannot use it or it does not go to collections it Will be going to the Glue Factory. simple as that.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Double the bank space already, this game is unplayable without eso+, and even with this and housing storage (which is unaccesible from regular bank), is not enough.

While I understand the desire for more storage, it seems a little melodramatic to suggest the game is not playable without ESO+.

What is in one's inventory is a matter of choice and many of us are pack rats but there is very little that is required to store in our banks to make the game playable. So to suggest the game is unplayable without ESO+ due to storage limitations seems rather false and misleading.

The funny thing is, ESO+ players that had to were filled to the brim when the crafting bag, then double bank space, were added are filled to the brim still. So if you are having to decon a set just because you want to try a different set you are still going to have that issue if Zos doubled bank space because you want to store as much as you can. Zos cannot save us from ourselves.

Well of course the game is still playable. Thing you have to realize is there are probably a lot of players like me.

I pvp so my mail is spammed with 20+ pvp items every day. I do some pve, or I should say did, so I have every monster set in the game (except the new one) in every weight. I’ve got a bunch of magicka alts and two stam, so even if I have an item I have to check to see if I want it on an alt too.

When I get an item I go through the thought process, can I sell this? Do I need this? This helps me decon a lot of items but there’s still a ton I get weekly that fall into the ‘I’m not sure category’.

I put it off until I’m unable to and then it takes HOURS to do. Not being able to play isn’t the issue, the issue is it isn’t fun.
    Edited by Iskiab on April 21, 2019 4:41AM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    PRX and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Umm, not really.

Fact - not everyone buys everything.
    Fact - Outright buying all DLCs and Chapter each year costs significantly less than 12 months of subscription plus the chapter.

So when one considers both of those simple facts it makes solid business sense for Zos to provide these interesting incentives for ESO+. Solid business sense that you have not countered. BTW, those change were made by the business side, not the software development side.

You are entitled to your opinion and can disagree all you want. Zos has made their decision made known. It is great some chose to save money but that is their choice and as long as Zos is selling ESO+ with these incentive they are not likely to water down those perks. Again, for solid business reasons.
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If I knew an instant fix to ESO inventory I'd suggest it but honestly I don't. Adding more general space would be just a crutch. Maybe an account wide wardrobe with space for each one complete set and housing item bag similar to craft bag? (If those were added to ESO+ I'd p2w without shame.) I don't see how it would be possible to get inventory smoothly manageable without either culling itemization hard or adding means to easily store the mountain of items.

I'm fine subbing to a fun game. Problem with ESO+ is that there is no value (as in worth the money) in it except to get some remedy to broken inventory system. It does not even fix it.

(Insert rant about buy 2 pay for fixes here.)

Edited by rpa on April 21, 2019 9:15AM
  • Nevasca
    Nevasca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Umm, not really.

Fact - not everyone buys everything.
    Fact - Outright buying all DLCs and Chapter each year costs significantly less than 12 months of subscription plus the chapter.

So when one considers both of those simple facts it makes solid business sense for Zos to provide these interesting incentives for ESO+. Solid business sense that you have not countered. BTW, those change were made by the business side, not the software development side.

You are entitled to your opinion and can disagree all you want. Zos has made their decision made known. It is great some chose to save money but that is their choice and as long as Zos is selling ESO+ with these incentive they are not likely to water down those perks. Again, for solid business reasons.

Just because you pay less by subbing instead of buying DLCs, doesn't mean you are still paying a lot of money to ZOS.

Also. you are really naive if you think the game wasn't purposely build around having bad inventory management (software side) to give you a really good incentive to have ESO+ (business side), at least in release/early stages.

I don't disagree that ZOS is making money with ESO+, I literally can not argue with that because it's a fact they make a lot of money from it, since a huge part of the player base has a sub. What I'm arguing is that it's not morally correct. You buy the game to play it, except you have problems with inventory, but oh don't worry, if you pay for us X$ per month, we will alleviate your problem. Wait a minute haven't you already bought your product? Why you need to pay for more?

Imagine you bought a shower, but the heat option isn't warm enough in the winter, buuuut... If you pay the price of another shower to the company, they will unlock a button that will make it heat for more, but if you stop paying the price of a shower per month, you will lose that button, and you won't have warm showers in the winter. You can survive without it, but warm water was supposed to tbe included in the shower from the start. You think that's fair?

Back to the point of my initial post, it's even more ironic that they made such a good job of having bad inventory management, that even with ESO+ you can still have inventory issues.

• Hixtory
    Hixtory
    ✭✭✭✭

You can play without ESO+, but you will have to spend a lot of time managing inventory, logging and relogging, etc. With ESO+ that is a lot less frequent. For some people that is unplayable because they don't have that much time to play, and when they log in the game, they want to play the game not manage their inventory.

Exactly, you go inside a dungeon, and if you dont have eso+ you can easily take 60 spaces from the character inventory, decon stuff etc and adds even more to the problem, put it in bank to try to solve something, I have a second account and I wanted to see how much I needed just to store MATS, it took all 240 spaces and still some left in the character that couldnt be stored.

This problem is worst if you are a crafter, as doing writs gives a lot of mats.

As many people and Myself have said, ZOS keeps adding stuff to game and even with craftbag inventory management is a pain.

So basically, idk, this is a QOL improvement long overdue and it will benefit casuals TOO, I dont get why are you against it.
    Edited by Hixtory on April 21, 2019 3:46PM
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have
    380 bank slot
    2 big chest
    3 small chest
    Only 3 character over 120 inventory slot
    And i never had any problem with it

Good for you.

I've got 480 bank slots, a personal guild bank with 500 slots, 6 toons with max inventory and 4 more with at least 140, 3 big chests and 3 small chests ... and it's all basically full all of the time.

My three big inventory killers:

1. Raid setups for a variety of situations (on my magblade for instance full sets of Siroria, Spell Strat, MS, BSW, MA, Acuity, Julianos, 3 different vMA infernos, 2 vAS infernos, Zaan, Skoria, Iceheart, Grothdarr, Balorgh ... multiples of all of the front-bar staves for different content, multiples of most of the jewelry in different traits. That's probably 85 pieces). Stamblade is similar ... TFS, Rele, AY, WM, Hunding's, Tzogvin, Briarheart, VO, NMG, Veli, Kra'gh, Stormfist, Balorgh, multiple vMA bows, multiples of most weapons and jewels. Not to mention PvP setups. And it's not like this is stuff I'm "hoarding" ... it all gets used. It's all set up in AlphaGear for various content where it's optimal.
    2. Pre-made stuff for writs which is a bunch of different potions, poisons, and foods/drinks.
    3. Items that don't stack like transmute geodes, siege weapons weapons, style pages, etc.

So as an alternative to simply increasing storage space, some of this could be solved with alternative solutions.

1. Make everything stack. This in particular applies to things like siege weapons and style pages.
    2. Let consumable items be stored in the crafting bag. Not only would this simplify the crafting writ process and save inventory space, it would also allow things like potions and foods/drinks to be shared across toons on an account.
    3. Remove the cap on transmute crystals.
    4. Make everything bankable. It's silly that things like Undaunted Keys, Style Pages, etc. can't be stored and stacked in the bank.

This wouldn't entirely solve my inventory problems but it would make a pretty big difference.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have done some calculations back in the day when Summerset Chapter was released. With that update, we got Jewelry crafting and a lot of new crafting materials.
    Don't remeber the exact numbers but I counted almost all crafting items that are in the game. So, if you were to keep one stack of each of those mats, you will need something like 360 slots. If you were to keep only top tier crafting mats & style materials you will end up in something like 246 slots. If you will ignore racial style crafting mats (because you can buy them at vendor merchant npc), you will need something like 236 slots.

Now look, bank space is 240 slots. Since Summerset we got a lot of new crafting materials (motif styles mostly).
    So if you were to count all of them again, I am pretty sure you will end up in something like 242 - 244 slots (or more).

So this means that if you want to do basic crafting quests on more than one character, you either have to PAY to get ESO+ or play the obnoxious inventory management mini game. With no bank space "update" it will get worse & worse as time passes, Zenimax.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on April 21, 2019 5:05PM
  • Ozby
    Ozby
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed the struggle is real especially every time a new set is released.
    PC NA
    Aurora Bravepaw (Healden), Basks in Fire (DKTank), Bran Artlion (Magplar), Brindel Seedthorne (Stamden WW), Brugo Gargak (Stamcro), Casimir Delmar (StamDK), Falco Bastion (Stamsorc), Fus Ro Dah (Stamplar), Gandalff the Gay (Petsorc), Jo-Qinan Betula (Magden), Laveera Hex (Magcro), Raine Whitestag (Stamden), Raised by Bears (Wardentank), Ralak Rotheart (Healcro), Selene Sunshadow MagDK), Shadow Mirage (NBTank), Slythe Rattlebone (Healplar), Ulfnor Dragonslayer (Tankcro).
  • CleymenZero
    CleymenZero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm highly in favor of increasing the space. I mean, who wouldn't be?

I don't have to spend hours managing an inventory, it is an annoying waste of time. I should be able to hold every set in the game without issue and the other miscellaneous stuff should be capped!
  • DeathStalker_X
    DeathStalker_X
    ✭✭✭
    At the VERY least the stack amounts should be increased - say 500 per item.
  • Jagdkommando
    Jagdkommando
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here is the solution:
    No ESO+ : backpack space 300 and bank 400

With ESO+ : backpack space 400 and bank 1000
  • Merlight
    Merlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is the solution:

Solution to what exactly? Are your loading screens too short? Do you want hundreds of new items being added to the game just to fill that additional space? Would certainly make you "play" more, wouldn't it?

EU ‣ Wabbajack nostalgic ‣ Blackwater Blade defender ‣ Kyne wanderer
    The offspring of the root of all evil in ESO by DeanTheCat
    Why ESO needs a monthly subscription
    When an MMO is designed around a revenue model rather than around fun, it doesn’t have a long-term future.Richard A. Bartle
    Their idea of transparent, at least when it comes to communication, bears a striking resemblance to a block of coal.lordrichter
    ... in the balance of power between the accountants and marketing types against the artists, developers and those who generally want to build and run a good game then that balance needs to always be in favour of the latter - because the former will drag the game into the ground for every last bean they can squeeze out of it.Santie Claws
  • Jagdkommando
    Jagdkommando
    ✭✭✭✭
    Merlight wrote: »
    Here is the solution:

Solution to what exactly? Are your loading screens too short? Do you want hundreds of new items being added to the game just to fill that additional space? Would certainly make you "play" more, wouldn't it?

It seems you are casual player, but there are too many players with eso+ and storages that dont have any free room for sets
    10+ characters, tank/healer/dd, mag/stam builds, plus 2-3 variations in each build, and so on.
    So why are you casual player?
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree, it's becoming more and more difficult to hold onto sets as new content is released, alongside consumables and other new items that we need to hold onto for various reasons. Having 5 mules isn't really a good solution.

I also agree that the game is not playable without ESO+, at least not at end game. You can for sure play casually through all of the single player quest content without it if you destroy/sell basically everything you get, but if you want to play at end game or do any sort of crafting, it's a requirement.
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • soynegroyque
    soynegroyque
    ✭✭✭
    I really support the suggestion about consumables going to the craft bag.

Consumables can easily eat 10+ slots per character even if portions are kept minimal.

And should also include things like lock picks and soul gems, repair kits.

Not to mention the trash poisons that insist on entering your bag, it would be nice that they would consolidate somewhere to be sold all at once like alkahest.
    Edited by soynegroyque on April 22, 2019 7:40PM
  • Kidgangster101
    Kidgangster101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Izaki wrote: »
    Don't keep junk I guess...

Lol as a tank and a healer there are many many sets I need to have on hand to switch between for different trials and depending on what my heal/tank partner is wearing.

So what your saying is I should junk all those sets?

Not everyone is like a DPS and have one best in slot gear set just saying.
  • Hixtory
    Hixtory
    ✭✭✭✭

Lol as a tank and a healer there are many many sets I need to have on hand to switch between for different trials and depending on what my heal/tank partner is wearing.

Even as DPS or healer, you must have different sets.

People have already said, to many new sets, and just a few like to decon the BIS set that just isnt anymore, with ZOS you just dont know when are they reverting or making it good again.

• Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The problem is we have to keep so many sets that drop because you never know when we may need it again with the way ZOS changes sets and skills every 3 months.

It would be nice if we could say decon any item at a special crafting station and then be able to make said item again if needed. Of course the items we make would be bound. This would help in not having to keep so many extra pieces now.

If not a special crafting station then how about a sets bag like the crafting bag.
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't know why you feel compelled to argue about this. You're wrong anyway. I buy DLC *and* I subscribe, but I am bitterly resentful about paying for both. I don't even want to get into a discussion about how players were tricked into buying DLC when Tamriel Unlimited launched and then stabbed in the back later by the crafting bag.

The crafting bag isn't even the biggest issue at this point, because anyone can buy 10 extra accounts (like I did) to create a guild bank to store all their mats. The problem is all the OTHER stuff, the stuff you can't put in a guild bank. It's a fact that ZOS has been adding new gear at a far faster rate than they have been adding storage.

Regardless of how people are paying for the game, they are paying, one way or another. I think it's totally reasonable for players with inventory issues to ask for more storage. Furthermore, if these players are DLC purchasers, it makes sense that they would ask for an alternative to ESO+ for expanded storage. Why should they be expected to pay for the same content TWICE (renting and buying!) just to get a couple hundred more item slots?
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Hixtory
    Hixtory
    ✭✭✭✭

I don't know why you feel compelled to argue about this. You're wrong anyway. I buy DLC *and* I subscribe, but I am bitterly resentful about paying for both. I don't even want to get into a discussion about how players were tricked into buying DLC when Tamriel Unlimited launched and then stabbed in the back later by the crafting bag.

The crafting bag isn't even the biggest issue at this point, because anyone can buy 10 extra accounts (like I did) to create a guild bank to store all their mats. The problem is all the OTHER stuff, the stuff you can't put in a guild bank. It's a fact that ZOS has been adding new gear at a far faster rate than they have been adding storage.

Regardless of how people are paying for the game, they are paying, one way or another. I think it's totally reasonable for players with inventory issues to ask for more storage. Furthermore, if these players are DLC purchasers, it makes sense that they would ask for an alternative to ESO+ for expanded storage. Why should they be expected to pay for the same content TWICE (renting and buying!) just to get a couple hundred more item slots?

This would benefit literally everyone on game, I dont get why some people are against it. Haters I guess
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have ESO plus, I have a house that i store all my furniture in that i am not using. I have all the storage chest for items i cant actually place. I have max bank( with ESO plus), i have 3 trade guilds full of stuff( selling 30-40 items a day) and up until this event i managed ok. Right now i am full on bank space each of my characters got 50-100 items they wouldnt normally keep on them and im undercutting myself to move items faster

I dont mind paying for storage, its why i have ESO plus, but having to playing Inventory Management Online to play the game is ridiculous. As a bonus, i am now highly qualified to be an Amazon warehouse manager.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think a big issue is just linking the chests, what I like least is how difficult it is to organize everything.

Like monster helmets. I keep one in every weight, just Helmets won’t fit in one box.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    PRX and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Hixtory
    Hixtory
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have ESO plus, I have a house that i store all my furniture in that i am not using. I have all the storage chest for items i cant actually place. I have max bank( with ESO plus), i have 3 trade guilds full of stuff( selling 30-40 items a day) and up until this event i managed ok. Right now i am full on bank space each of my characters got 50-100 items they wouldnt normally keep on them and im undercutting myself to move items faster

I dont mind paying for storage, its why i have ESO plus, but having to playing Inventory Management Online to play the game is ridiculous. As a bonus, i am now highly qualified to be an Amazon warehouse manager.

Wow, this is a whole new level. ZOS PLS LISTEN!