Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

It's about time you INCREASE storage capacity

Hixtory
Hixtory
✭✭✭✭
Yout hit the 5 years line already, 3 chapters (including upcoming) and several DLC have been out, housing, etc etc

Double the bank space already, this game is unplayable without eso+, and even with this and housing storage (which is unaccesible from regular bank), is not enough.

Why do I have to decon a set just bc I want to try a nre different one, why cant I hold some housing while I get another idea finished first.

HELP YOUR PLAYERS, the majority need the increase, ans it's about damn time this happen again
Edited by Hixtory on April 25, 2019 2:29AM
  • Chelo
    Chelo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inventory should be 300 slots by now (not just 200 with eso plus)...
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes please. Maybe I’m a pack rat but inventory management in this game is a nightmare. I need to use a separate add-on (Inventory Insight) just to track everything.

Couple ideas:

1. Have some way to link all the items in storage rather than have to find the item in a specific box
    2. Create an equipment rack that you can hang your sets from. For example say the ebon set, have a rack so I can display the full set in my home and store the items in the display. It would make finding items a lot easier.

Here’s how bad it is right now. I had been storing stamina raid drops in case I wanted to make a stamina character. I decided to level one and got it to 50, went to sort out the drops and sets and it took me 2 hours! Wasn’t fun. I think getting the items took less time then finding them in my storage!
    Edited by Iskiab on April 19, 2019 3:56AM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    PRX and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Lady_Lindel
    Lady_Lindel
    ✭✭✭
    I don't see why we can't have more storage chests with max 6/8 per house at least. More houses you have the more storage you get. Even if you only use the free inn rooms it would give more storage.
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PLEASE MORE STORAGE
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes! In prior MMOs I never had the same issues. Inventory would pile up and maybe after 6 months I’d have to do something. I find myself struggling on an almost daily basis.

Increasing inventory space is a revenue stream in the game. It makes no sense not to put resources into developing interesting ways of increasing capacity and relieve a player pain point.
    Edited by Iskiab on April 19, 2019 12:05PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes please!
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Strangely, I think other MMOs I've played had about same or less inventory space. Still ESO inventory is the most painful I've ever experienced. I think the core problem is not inventory space but the amount of potentially valuable junk poor players have to deal with.

ESO inventory/bank management minigame is hardcore exercise in discipline when there is no discipline how much items are added to game. Unnecessarily convoluted trading system makes it even worse. And making half of bank space and craft bag only available for real life shekels rent is just evil.
  • IonicKai
    IonicKai
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think the biggest issue with storage is not how many spaces we have but that it's too hard to track down what items you already own. In WoW there was a handy add-on that allowed you to search all characters and bank space for items by name. A similar feature built into the base game would help imensely ( it needs to be added to the base game or console can't use it ). I also think that bank space should be larger given that it is shared by all your characters and we can currently have 15 soon to be 18 characters. The bank being shared space is wonderful but it should be twice the size given bank space / character is so unfavorable with that many.
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don't keep junk I guess...
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Hixtory
    Hixtory
    ✭✭✭✭
    Izaki wrote: »

I guess you are just a casual... this problem is almost impossible to manage at current state.
    Edited by Hixtory on April 19, 2019 2:23PM
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Izaki wrote: »

ZOS isn't helping it by keeping the game so volatile; a set is junk one patch, and next patch it's BiS. Never know when you'll need to spend additional time in the game re-grinding the piec... oh wait. ^^
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    IonicKai wrote: »
    I think the biggest issue with storage is not how many spaces we have but that it's too hard to track down what items you already own. In WoW there was a handy add-on that allowed you to search all characters and bank space for items by name. A similar feature built into the base game would help imensely ( it needs to be added to the base game or console can't use it ). I also think that bank space should be larger given that it is shared by all your characters and we can currently have 15 soon to be 18 characters. The bank being shared space is wonderful but it should be twice the size given bank space / character is so unfavorable with that many.

There’s an ESO addon that does that called inventory insight. Still takes forever to retrieve a set between retrieving items from alts, the bank, etc...
    Edited by Iskiab on April 19, 2019 5:00PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • IonicKai
    IonicKai
    ✭✭✭✭
    Right but knowing what is there means you don't keep accidental duplicates because you are unsure. This really applies if you run multiple characters or are running and get rare drops like advancing daggers.
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even with ESO+ and all the bag upgrades and all the storage chests, there STILL isn't enough space for all the new gear they keep adding.

ZOS, please address this!
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Even with ESO+ and all the bag upgrades and all the storage chests, there STILL isn't enough space for all the new gear they keep adding.

ZOS, please address this!

No to mention all the new furniture.

It'd be great to have mannequins and weapon racks to display/store favorite sets. It would also be great to have a furnishing bag like the crafting bag, but for all players. It could be a special furniture storage chest or "shed" that we can buy with writ vouchers/tel var/crowns like the storage chests. It would be limitless or have a much higher limit than the chests/coffers.

Or, you know, increase bank space to 300/600 at the very least. Not too much to ask considering all the new sets, furniture, and crafting mats you've added to the game and will continue to add.

ETA: I get the feeling that ZOS is reluctant to add more storage because they think it will make the crafting bag less appealing. It certainly wouldn't for me. Crafting bag hands down for me is a must, since I'm a crafter. No way I could store half what I have in my bag in the bank. What we're asking for is a way to keep up with ALL THE THINGS you regularly add to this game. Increasing bank storage to 300/600 and adding a furnishing bag/chest/shed/whatever certainly won't negate the need for the crafting bag - at least not for most serious crafters.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on April 19, 2019 6:23PM
  • ruikkarikun
    ruikkarikun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree. [snip]

[edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 15, 2023 5:32PM
  • HelixUnited
    HelixUnited
    ✭✭✭
    or at least more large storage boxes, the 30 slot ones are a waste of time, maybe even a few larger ones say 100 slots or 120, they keep adding more stuff more sets but we have no way to store them, gives us extra space, or just more boxes.
    I NEEDS SPACE PLEEEASE :smiley:
  • Ramber
    Ramber
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZoS doesnt know how to make money on so many different things with this game. There are times i discuss in discord with my guildies omg if they only offered this or that everyone would pay out the yinyang and they are all obvious issues to players, it seems their dev team and other employees are not real players to not see these things. But hey they got a docket now i see so that's good.
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hear Hear!
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • Subjectcrank
    Subjectcrank
    ✭✭
    This is just my opinion but there should be one time un-lockable tabs for every type of set item crafting item weapons, with or without ESO+ for example, Crafting storage needless to say should be unlocked per (Tab) of 100-200 slots even if your not a ESO+ member, base price i think would be fair at 2000Crowns followed up by every tab there after 1500C-1000C if ZOS want to bombard us with items they need to make the inventory space more accessible to players, not a hindrance. A characters Inventory is Vital to keep people playing as well as have a robust economy.

Whats the point in even having loot of we can't even carry it?? Will the listen? doubtful but if they did i am sure that people be more interested in a vast many things that they could make there profits on other than severely Gating Inventory space.

Regarding monitization and inventory space just rubs a lot of people including myself the wrong way. Currently i am debating myself what would be better in my pocket book... ESO+ or save for unlocks with crowns, i find that the Crowns are very expensive. However my need to pay a monthly fee aggravates me immensely. So i am left with deciding on what of the lesser Evils i care to partake in.

Just my thoughts on the situation...
  • BrightOblivion
    BrightOblivion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I've learned anything from ZOS's recent responses to requests (things like jewelry-crafting and "account-wide skyshards"), it's this :

Be careful what you wish for. ZOS has an uncanny ability to twist requests and provide them in a way that makes you less than thrilled about it.
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have
    380 bank slot
    2 big chest
    3 small chest
    Only 3 character over 120 inventory slot
    And i never had any problem with it
  • mcagatayg
    mcagatayg
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want 1000 upgradable backpack. Will pay 21000 crowns for it.
  • Nevasca
    Nevasca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [snip] But even players with ESO+ and maxed Bank/Chests have issues.

[edited for conspiracy theory]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 15, 2023 5:34PM
  • Weps
    Weps
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bank should go up a little bit every chapter imho.
    You keep adding 3 DLCs+chapter every year ( where did the yearly free QoL that was promised), each and every one of them carrying at least 3 new sets + monster sets.
    Yet, stacks have stayed the same ( 200 potions? Really? No stacking on siege weapons? Really? ) and there is virtually no difference between ESO+ owners and regular owners when it comes to House chests.
    A little love in this regard, from time to time, is a very little effort on your side and a big QoL improvement for everyone.
    From compulsive junk collectors to regular players who sell even the smallest amount of trash.
    PS4 EU - CP 1000+ - EP Loyal

My EU Preciouses
    Aemon Dk | Imperial Dragonknight Tank
    Guari Gaburiefu | PvP Stamplar - Soon PvE tank
    Nadija Zenobia | 45k+ PvE Dk - PvP Leaper
    Naga del Serpente | High Elf Magicka Sorc PVE DPS - Soon tb 2nd crafter
    Azor Ahai V | Dunmer Magicka DK for PVP and Pve
    Jabba D'Cat | Khajiit Stamplar
    Gennarino Auditore | 7k Weapon damage Bosmer Stamblade / Ganking experimental build
    Rina Inbasu | Dunmer Magblade, my bomblade
    Zelgadis Greywords | High Elf Magplar
    Nachael Jordan | Redguard Stamsorc DPS
    Orghuz Diul | StamWar DPS
    This-Will-Buff-If | Argonian Warden Trial Off tank
    Amelia Tesla Sallilune | Breton Magden PvP DD / PvE healer
    Sap-My-Shield | PvP Nooblade, now dead PvE Tank
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hixtory wrote: »
    Double the bank space already, this game is unplayable without eso+, and even with this and housing storage (which is unaccesible from regular bank), is not enough.

While I understand the desire for more storage, it seems a little melodramatic to suggest the game is not playable without ESO+.

What is in one's inventory is a matter of choice and many of us are pack rats but there is very little that is required to store in our banks to make the game playable. So to suggest the game is unplayable without ESO+ due to storage limitations seems rather false and misleading.

The funny thing is, ESO+ players that had to were filled to the brim when the crafting bag, then double bank space, were added are filled to the brim still. So if you are having to decon a set just because you want to try a different set you are still going to have that issue if Zos doubled bank space because you want to store as much as you can. Zos cannot save us from ourselves.
  • Sanctuary_Reaper
    Sanctuary_Reaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right but knowing what is there means you don't keep accidental duplicates because you are unsure. This really applies if you run multiple characters or are running and get rare drops like advancing daggers.

If you have stuff in your bank or on the character your playing, and you pick something up that you already have, there are 2 icons in the top right of the item box that tell you if you have it and where.

Not my image. But it shows this character has 3 nirncrux in there inventory, if they had it in bank storage aswell, it would show the bank icon also.

pvw3514.png
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you have stuff in your bank or on the character your playing, and you pick something up that you already have, there are 2 icons in the top right of the item box that tell you if you have it and where.

Not my image. But it shows this character has 3 nirncrux in there inventory, if they had it in bank storage aswell, it would show the bank icon also.

pvw3514.png

Doesn't do this with unique drops or drops of different traits ... doesn't even work if one item is blue and other is green but the exact same.
  • Nevasca
    Nevasca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

While I understand the desire for more storage, it seems a little melodramatic to suggest the game is not playable without ESO+.

You can play without ESO+, but you will have to spend a lot of time managing inventory, logging and relogging, etc. With ESO+ that is a lot less frequent. For some people that is unplayable because they don't have that much time to play, and when they log in the game, they want to play the game not manage their inventory.
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

You can play without ESO+, but you will have to spend a lot of time managing inventory, logging and relogging, etc. With ESO+ that is a lot less frequent. For some people that is unplayable because they don't have that much time to play, and when they log in the game, they want to play the game not manage their inventory.

I would argue this is worse on consoles than on PC. Down arrow moves to next Item, trigger jumps to the end of the type list. Say you are just looking at alchemy mats, you have to press down arrow 20+ times to get to the ones in the middle.

ESO+ adds space but with more space you can hold more items which makes inventory management all the worse when its finally time to actually do it. I have easily spent an hour or more sorting my bank space out when I capped it.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..