The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can we get some building materials?

Codeman1976
Codeman1976
✭✭✭
We desperately need the ability to build our own things down the the posts and boards. We currently have a single plank which is a 2x4 board. We need 4x4 boards and maybe even 4x6 and similar studs. We could also use walls and floors similar to murkmire wall, stone and alinor ballroom floor, timeworn. We could also use more skeleton types of furnishings that can be pieced together, but that’s for a different post. There has been many posts asking for such materials. Can we please be given access to the materials? Pretty please?
Thank you,
Codeman1976
[PS4] [NA]
PS4 NA
Codeman1976
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bricks and brick walls in various thicknesses and stone types/colors would be nice too. I'd like to use a brick wall as a floor to make a second floor in some houses, the wood looks crappy as it ends up being a ceiling also. As for the wood planks, can we have other colors/types of wood?
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use paintings for boards ...
    unsure.gif
  • bayushi2005
    bayushi2005
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I second this. As a custom build lover I would like to see more of basic structural components. Being a bit more sensible with platform thickness (I look at you Alinor floor) would be nice.
    Following this thought, I would love to see more "clean slab" houses like Coldharbour Surreal Estate - tall and flat enough to accomodate any type of build
  • Mason_King
    Mason_King
    ✭✭✭
    Breton walls that Match houses, and Stone castles would be nice, wood flooring too.
    Same with Redguard, and High Elf builds.
    Walls, Flooring, Doors, Archways, and Stairs.

Off topic, and a long stretch, But while we're here... Beds, specifically canopies... could the canopies be slightly raised so character can walk into them at least. It's a little annoying the canopy is too low for most tall characters.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like floors that actually behave like floors for the purpose of player skills and dueling arenas.
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes! More variety would be nice, with walls, planks, and all that with cultural variations from the different provinces of Tamriel.
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What would be very interesting is for them to add a ton more building materials and then make more clean slate homes, or even ones with "ruins" that we can build upon. I'd love that.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • Codeman1976
    Codeman1976
    ✭✭✭
    These are all great ideas. Let’s just hope we can convince the devs or whomever is in charge.

It would be very awesome if we could have uniform shaped things that can placed together in a seemless fashion that is both form and functional. Take the Alinor and Murkmire (Stone) walls and floors and reskin them with various styles like Breton or Imperial or whatever. In fact, there could be a re-skinning of all the stone/rock conservatory items. Trying to find that same toned stone to a fixed stone isnide one of the larger homes is tough. At this point I’m just rambling, so I will stop for now.
    PS4 NA
    Codeman1976
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, the lack/inflexibility of structural materials, combined with the furnishing limits, puts me off building at all.
  • Codeman1976
    Codeman1976
    ✭✭✭
    This just shows that there is a demand for building materials and such. Please give us what we desire *holds out hand with a wstack of cash* please take it.
    PS4 NA
    Codeman1976