The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Got a question about Faunter's House Price List. (Link inside)

CMDR_Un1k0rn
CMDR_Un1k0rn
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YBf5fghDWFiZbLgVpmLemhcieKP-cojDojItGNpWgEU/edit#gid=0

Now I'm going to ask a really dumb question. Forgive me. I really did fail maths at school so numbers are not my strong point.

Following the "Unfurnished Crown to Gold value" column, would it be a case of the smaller the gold value in this ratio, the better value it is to buy the house with gold, and if buying with Crowns, it's better value to buy with Crowns if the gold side to the ratio is higher?

Like I say this is all gonna' come across as a rather dumb question, but I need help in understanding an otherwise very useful tool.

Thanks in advance.
In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • bayushi2005
    bayushi2005
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From my point of view: always use gold unless you have to use Crown. That's real money. You cannot gift houses anyway, so it is YOUR real money. If you can buy furnishing packs with gold (via gifting) then do so. Save your crowns for crown-exclusive notable houses. I usually purchase them unfurnished because I quite often change the style - but it is usually a good deal to get them furnished if you're planning to stick the the original style of the house.
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    From my point of view: always use gold unless you have to use Crown. That's real money. You cannot gift houses anyway, so it is YOUR real money. If you can buy furnishing packs with gold (via gifting) then do so. Save your crowns for crown-exclusive notable houses. I usually purchase them unfurnished because I quite often change the style - but it is usually a good deal to get them furnished if you're planning to stick the the original style of the house.

Thanks. Like I say, numbers confuse the Oblivion out of me, and I stumbled across this sheet by dumb chance.

Of course it left my badly educated brain rattling with questions! XD
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, the less gold per Crown, the more affordable the apartment/house is, when bought with gold (and the worse value it is, when bought with Crowns).

Generally speaking (in fact, I think invariably), the smaller the apartment/house, the better it is to save up and buy it with gold and the bigger it is, the more excuse you may feel you have to give in and buy it with Crowns.

As it will, obviously, take far longer to save up the gold for it.

That is a great spreadsheet, by the way - I use it a lot. :smile:
  • chamoo81
    chamoo81
    I'm poor when it comes to gold and use crowns. If I can afford to part with some cash I will buy crowns and get the houses I want. I enjoy them all. So I think its money not going to waste.
    Edited by chamoo81 on April 19, 2019 3:20PM
  • WolfStar07
    WolfStar07
    ✭✭✭
    But look at what furnishings come with the house if you're considering buying it furnished. Lots of items in those packs are usually craftable, and easily at that. Some homes, like Tel Galen, will include a large number of crown only or more expensive craftable items which would make purchasing furnished more worth it. Hakvild's? I think that came with drabby Nord furniture, all of which you could make. Not worth the extra crowns.